Friends

Sweet Taste II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa's POV

 

It's Sunday and it's my day off. Sir Sungjae said that since I'm a student I should have two days off so that I can still enjoy and rest.


It's bothering me why is everyone say that Jennie is the Ice princess. Even her friends and family. They said that she is cold as an Ice. But I saw her differently. She loves everyone around her I can see how genuine her small smile is. I saw her sadness when we first met, her smile and laugh like a child, and her sweet and caring side. For me she is one of the brightest person I've ever known.

 

Speaking of Jennie we've gotten into an agreement that I will be teaching her the basic idea of some desserts I know. We will be doing it at my apartment even though my apartment is small I still have the right equipment for the lesson.

 

Jennie arrived and rang the doorbell twice. I opened the door and greet her." Hi Jennie good morning please come in. Sorry it’s a bit messy." I smiled at her and lead her inside.


"Oh its nice here Lisa. So are we going to Start now?" I nod as an answer. I get marker and write the recipe for cookies on the white board.

 

"Let me ask you first why do you have a lack of knowledge about the basic about desserts we are in a culinary school they didn't taught it? Besides from that I know that Ma’am Seulgi is a great at doing some dessert." She seems shy about it.


"Uhm you know some of the professor always think that we already know the basic part of it. Mom become really busy I couldn't find a time to ask for her help"


"Oh ok so let's start. What kind of cookies do you prefer?" She seems to be in deep thoughts on thinking.


"Maybe soft and chewy. I just don't know because I love what my mom makes." Well that is delicious.


"Ok in making your cookies brown sugar is the key. You must have more brown sugar rather than the white sugar. Brown sugar makes it chewy and white sugar makes it crispy."

We continue to discuss and make the cookies. We made two kinds one is crispy and one is chewy. Jennie is also very good at this stuff. Now it's her time to teach me for improvement.

"Ok Lisa time to improve the cookies"


"So what do you want to twick on the basic recipe?" I got curious on what will she do differently.


"Let's start with the butter. We have to heat the pan and cook the butter until it's brown. It's called brown butter. It lost some moisture it won't be exact one cup so we must add water but if you want it to be rich you may add milk."


"So what are the benefits of using brown butter?"

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter