THE VELVET INDUSTRIES

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back then, South Korea is well known because of its unique and creative way of exhibiting their form of entertainment. If you are a trainee, then you’re an IT to every people’s eye. They will foresee you’ll have a good future and they will look upon you.

But now, everything had changed when the head intelligence of the government also known as Bae Joohyun decided to build her own company. The Velvet Industry, it took her a couple of years to establish the company and now people are looking up on their products, that every word posted in their website are selling like a hot potato.

The velvet industries is located in an island, which is connected in South Korea by an underwater express train and it’s the only way that could get anyone to the island since the entire island is covered with invisible magnetic shield. Whoever trespassed will bounced back to a hundred feet wavy ocean. 

“Still no unfamiliar substances collected beyond the sun Doctor Bae.”  said Somi one of the ocular pilots at the control tower of the velvet industries.

“Damn it!” Joohyun slammed her desk out of frustration. Took off her eyeglasses and threw it slightly to her desk. “It took me three years to find evidences with my theories and its been two weeks and yet nothing’s happening.”

“Well maybe, theories are termed theories because they lack evidences for it to be proven?” Wendy said handing back her glasses to her as if Joohyun didn’t know that.

“Oh.. Siwon Oppa is at the gates.” Seulgi said excitedly after she was informed through text message by Siwon that he is around.

Unfortunately, if a person doesn’t have above IQ or basically not competent enough to live in the island, The Velvet Industries wouldn’t allow them to get inside. Which makes them wait at the station in front of the gates of an island.

“He said he needs to talk to you.” Seulgi informed Joohyun.

Joohyun snapped her fingers and ordered “Areum, I need hologram communication with Choi Siwon at the velvet station.”

“Access granted.” Areum responds.

A couple of camera drones went to Suho and scanned his whole body, making his whole body present virtually at Joohyun’s office.

“Speak.” Joohyun said firmly.

“Joohyun, I didn’t come here as your older brother. I came here as the Senior inspector of Seoul South Korea, we were informed that meteorites were found at the high mountains of north Korea. Was this all your doing?”

“there is?” Joohyun immediately stood up from her seat.

“Joohyun! This is the reason why I wouldn’t have wanted you to leave the government. You might do something that may harm innocent people.” Siwon said looking around the station as if he’s stupid talking to himself.

“I don’t want to be controlled.” Joohyun shrugged her shoulders. “and besides the meteorites landed at the mountains of North Korea, it’s too cold there no one will make it out there.” She confindently said.

 “do you realize what you’re doing?” Siwon asked her. “cutting your ties with the government means they will no longer have the responsibility to protect you.” He reminded her worriedly. “You know how much they wanted you and your team Joohyun.”

She put her hands into fist and Siwon’s hologram faded. “That was rude.” Seulgi said. “You should have at least said bye or invited him for a cup of coffee.”

“Seul… wasn’t he rude when he promised us to be safe but he let us work there alone?” Joohyun said. “He didn’t look after us Seul, he used us so he could have that promotion.”

“That’s true.” Wendy agreed. “and besides you can’t invite any ordinary people here. Unless he has above normal IQ.” Wendy added.

“Keep in mind that he is not your real brother. We just made that up because he’s someone we looked up when we were at the orphanage.” Joohyun said crossing her arms and leaving their office.

“Areum, put Captain Somi on the phone.” Joohyun said.

“Ringing Captain Somi.” Areum, her AI secretary responded.

“Captain, it was reported by the Senior Inspector of Seoul that there was a massive meteorite that fell at the North Korea mountains could you check it for me?”

“Sure, I’ll be gathering some data on our space satellite and I will send you some photographs of it.” Somi said in line.

Browsing the pictures that Somi have sent, Joohyun is certain that the meteorites that fell to the Earth is not usual. It made her hopes up that her theory might worked.

Using a certain force that she manipulated, calculated and molded it made a huge force beyond the area of the sun and it was able to filter out substances that are already discovered. She badly worked hard on this in order to work on something new.

And if there’s one thing that is annoying to a very intelligent person. It is that they’re curious with anything. “I am certain, that meteorite that fell at North Korea mountains were absorbed by the force that we launched.”

 The next morning, Joohyun woke up in a good mood. After taking a shower, she already dressed herself and made her way out of the building where she lives. Reaching the lobby, Wendy, Seulgi and Joy are already there who followed her outside and greeted her good morning.

The vehicle that they invented is already waiting outside. No driver and no wheels, just pure advance technology it will send them where they need to go.

“Buckle up ladies.” Wendy said and with a snap, the vehicle lifts itself up and fly them to Seoul.

It is the annual science festival in Seoul. Every year it is held in the capital of Seoul south korea to look for possible citizens at the island of The Velvet Industries. Just like how agency trains trainees, The industries are very much willing to facilitate and improve young potential super minds of school aged kids.

Every year it is held at the sports arena, and when VIP’s arrived usually reporters and camera mans will point their mics and cameras to the way where the vehicle will be arriving but during Science Festival, their cameras and mics are pointing up in the sky and half an hour before the Festival starts… Doctor Bae and the rest of her team’s vehicle is ready to land from the sky.

Their vehicle slowly landed straight downward and like no other than ordinary cars, the doors open upwards. Flashing cameras and inaudible questions from the reporters surrounds the team but just like famous celebrities, they ignored them and just naturally flaunt their beauty on their way to the lounge set to them.

“Oh my god why now why now!??!” A young girl named Kim Yerim, who finally made to show her invention at the science fest after trying for 2 consecutive years might be unfortunate right now.

Staying outside the arena with only with her backpack and invention on, the rainfall last night seemed broke her gadget.

Grabbing her screw driver and a handfan, she’s panicking to take the time to dry the wet mother board of her gadget. “Jaebal please work!” Yeri said as if she’s talking to herself.

Looking around, she could see the potential investors having their gadgets and inventions well presented. They’re confident and ready and looking herself at the mirror just makes her a worthless trying hard inventor.

“Welcome! To Seoul’s Annual Science Festival! It’s an honor and a pleasure to see potential investors of the country.” Jungmoo greeted them. “Before our judges do the rounds. Let me introduce them to you. Well

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter