2.1 First news

TIME PARADOX

The house, located in the middle of the forest, was his own creation. He loved to look at him from the side, playing the piano, voicing his emotions to the inhabitants of the forest. The house did not look like ordinary multi-storey buildings, its structure looked more like a rocky hill. Wood stone walls, solar panel roofs, transparent windows reflected in the green, almost disappearing from view. If you walk from afar and don't know that a house is built somewhere here, your eyes will not be able to see it. It was as if a person living in the labyrinth of the forest was hiding from someone.
He lived alone, his wife and daughter preferred to live in the city, sometimes they came to visit once a week, but did not stay late. It was easier for him this way, firstly, he was not used to being prevented from working on a composition, and secondly, it’s easier to concentrate on real things. His colleagues came only when he called them, so no one came to visit on their own initiative.

Each of his friends and colleagues knew to always ask permission in advance before arriving. And when he arrived at his house, he should always ask permission to go to the restroom or take a walk on his site.
Once Lee Junhyuk asked about the reason for such permission, he thoughtfully looking into the depths of the forest thicket that surrounded his house in a dense ring, replied:
- You can get lost in the maze. The forest will never let you out of its sight, just like a rock that reflects you, as if in a mirror.
Now sitting in front of the fireplace, but not feeling its warmth, Park Jimin stared in horror at the laptop screen, where the news anchor was showing a ruined village called Crossroads. He did not look like himself after the three weeks that he spent in this room, never leaving the house. He was haggard, his face turned gray, he stopped caring for him long ago, his clothes hung on him due to insufficient dense nutrition. All over the table were scattered (crumpled) papers, notes, under the table were (lay) empty bottles of soju.
The voice from the telephone receiver demanded attention, but the man was too shocked by what he heard on the news to answer it:

- Jimin, can you hear me? Have you the news? It was to the village "Perekrestki" that our team was supposed to go! Do you hear? I checked, there is no error! There is no other village with the same name!
Simultaneously with the voice of his best friend, the news anchor spoke:

There was a powerful landslide, after a heavy downpour and a squall wind that passed tonight. Fortunately, none of the residents of the country were hurt. As tragic as it may sound, thanks to the downpour, our archaeologists were able to discover a settlement where rituals of worship of the ancient god Miro (Mirror) were held earlier. This village was considered lost in history for tens of millennia. Historians say that the very name of the village "Crossroads" originally appeared from the legend about where the two warring elements of Wind and Fire met. Their serious fight lasted 30 days and 30 nights, did not stop until during sleep Miro came to them. Further, the story is silent about what happened next, but the next morning a village appeared.

- Jimin, we haven't heard about our team in three weeks ...
He turned off the phone, not listening to the talking friend, and did not answer the phone ringing. He bowed his head in his hands, began to beat on the table until blood began to flow from his forehead. He watched as the blood fell on the table drop by drop, not reaching down, burned, turning into ash.
- They were into a time maze, they crossed the border. They will not be able to escape, they will never return. The whole idea was a failure. I obeyed you again, believed you, and you betrayed me. Betrayed me again, Miro. How many more people should I send there before you satisfy your wish ?!

***

Dorm TWICE

8 girls with regret looking at how their relationship get in the car with the manager, they finally smile and waving goodbye through instantly disappear from sight. They could not go out and say goodbye to the street, they were asked not to. For security reasons and misunderstandings in the current situation in the country.

They were patiently waiting for the first call from DaHyun when she could call. The house with ote s house DaHyun become much less light than it was before. While they waited, they were engaged in affairs and groups. The director announced that he plans to return them to the stage with a new song in two months. They did not return for 9 months, and to the words the director is very worried, as in to take the news Once .

- They will be delighted! Nayeon said confidently. - We will make every effort to make our cart in the increment was successful, and the fans proud of us.

After saying goodbye to DaHyun, the girls began to gather, today they have a lot of work to do. First, they will need to go to the gym, rebuild their body, then go to the director 's office and develop an action plan for the month. Plus, they have to discuss how they can be without DaHyun.

During that day, DaHyun sent a message several times, they all boiled down to the fact that the girl had a little to do and used forbidden information with her friends.

The first message came during stretching their bodies, peep phone Momo, as the maiden w ka simply forgot to turn it off during a workout:

We arrived normally, made it on time, wish me a successful flight .”

The second message came during their snack, when the girls were ready to meet with the d and the rector to start their new schedule. This time, Tzuyu read the sms, she just wanted to see pictures with her dog, when the emoticon from DaHyun came:

" You will not believe , with whom I am in yunite ! By the way, Yerin-unnie , Sejeong said hello. I am not yet personally a sign of ma with another girl, but I think we will get along. She is from the IZONE group. We are already flying, I will soon find out where we are going. I love you girls, bye . "

The third message and the last week, they got in the car after a meeting with the director, Chaeyoung vzdr to bend when her phone suddenly gave sound.

- DaHyunnie sent a message - she was glad, showing the rest of the phone's screen.

- Read faster - voices sounded excited, muffling the music in the car so as not to miss anything.

- She would write more than previous messages - squinting from the bright sunlight that instantly penetrated through the tightly closed curtains, complained to Chaeyoung.

The girls kept silent, because they themselves understood the feelings of their friend. It is a pity that they are now tries to dilis in the car and not at home, but it could ring to encircle Chaeyoung, perhaps themselves to prospect on reading the message. True, they will do so, they will reread the small, almost meaningless messages sent by DaHyun for a long time.

- Wow, here unnie tried, really long message. More like not wo b schenie, and a page from her diary. So, I start - Chaeyoung cleared , began to read:

Wow , bro , this is an incredibly beautiful place! I am now waiting for the rest of the team with Yerin-unnie . The main director and sser calls up with a guide who will help us get to the right place. It takes us four and a half hours to get to the village where the video will be filmed, and then another hour to walk. The sight in supplication, that the road can be bumpy, stop the pass is not desirable, the weather is not quiet in recent years, often , and whether the rains.

We Yerin-unnie bought food and Sejeong-unnie Jo Yuri they went to see the grid on the mo with whales and even a few things. Now the temperature is about 25 degrees, but I cannot say that I am suffocating from the heat. On the contrary, there is some moisture in the air. Here, people are all so forth and vetlivye and good-natured, I'm here to breathe easy. With us in the team, even going Jurin-unnie , it is a bit like me Nayeon-unnie , the same caring hundred  sister.

She will contact the composer and tell us about the changes in plans. Oh, until h and was, I heard that in the village where we're going, do not always have electricity! So, I will not often write or call you.

I promise that I will do my best for us 9th! If you miss me, come and visit me, I will be waiting for you. They will ask where, just answer, "Crossroads."

The message ended there, the girls looked at each other in confusion, trying to squeeze out what Chaeyoung had just read.

- The village is called "Crossroads"? Seriously? I thought it was the name of a GFRIEND song.

- That's how surprised Yerin, when he heard about the name of the village - said JiHyo, coming first out of the car to Mr. da manager announced his arrival home.

“It's bad that we won't be able to communicate with DaHyun every day,” Sana pouted, helping mina to go downstairs and holding her hand.

- It is necessary to ask her exactly where to go to find this "Crossroads" - said Nayeon, jumping from m and tires, extending his hand Momo, that was her. - Watch out, Momoring.

- We will definitely do so, but first we will look through the Internet - agreed Jeongyeon , letting ChaengTzu go ahead .

- We can still contact EunHa, because Yerin is also where is DaHyun - Sana reasonably suggested this option, straightening her clothes, after a long interruption in the car, her dress crumpled.

- Great idea, so let's do how we put ourselves in order. We can also call Chaeyoung because she is a member of IZ * ONE. Searching together is more fun. We know their schedule, and then on the freedom and meet poobschyatsya and emsya - took the last decision JiHyo.

**

The page that was torn from DaHyun's diary was found after the first message from an unknown person. Tourists who walked in the mountains, having decided to spend the night in the gorge, over the overhanging rock, wanted to make a fire, began to look for dry branches. But instead of branches, they found a strange thing that looked like a wooden pickaxe, a small piece of cloth and paper torn in half.

They almost burned it, but noticed the beautiful handwriting, they began to study with interest, after a quick reading for the first time, they realized what value they found. They had heard that a record of some missing tourist had been found before that, and they thought it was important evidence for finding the group. They were taken to the police station. Those who read drew the attention of the police to the fact that the date at the beginning of the entry did not correspond to the real date. After all, the number that is indicated there has not yet come.

- How is this possible? How can you write May 23 instead of May 21? Maybe there is a typo here, look, overwritten area.

-I don’t know what the hell is going on here, but stop asking and start reading! We have to find the missing film crew and 4 missing idols in a short time. You yourself know who came here, so hurry up to read!

- Sorry, - nervously shrugged one of the police officers who were in charge of the missing person. He straightened the crumpled page, raised it to his eyes, and began to read.

“The test given to us for today cannot be compared with anything. May 23 Now the number of commandments m nitsya me as yet another milestone that our team has overcome a half day of hell. Time after time I am thanks to the Almighty about many hours of training. Thanks to a trained body and endurance in performances at concerts, I was able to climb to the top of the mountain, hold onto slippery roots, without losing balance, walk past the cliff. When we got there, a plain of towering mirrored rocks opened in front of us, whose stone walls were reflected in the golden sunset. We had already lit a fire and were ready to have supper when the chief director noticed a man walking in the distance. A small dot from a shadow turned with every step into a short, broad-shouldered, gray-haired man.

The man walking to meet us turned out to be the head of the village we were getting to.

- Chin? You? Welcome - respectfully bowed to all, I, too, to lay his head, with int e resom looking at him. Next to me stood Yerin - unnie , Sejeong - unnie with Yuri stood a little further from me. - Where are you from, after all, we still have half a mile to go to your village ...

“You haven't been to us for a long time and have forgotten the route,” Chin said condescendingly, taking off his cap on the way to wipe the sweat from his neck with a handkerchief. - Our "Crossroads" behind those gates - the man waved the rock that in s Witzlaus right of us. - We were expecting you, everything is already ready for your arrival. Come on - he invited to atavaya pocket with a twist, with sleep hours kami, lit it, blew smoke rings, looked at the rock. “If you’re not tired,” he added quickly, examining the emaciated people.

- How much time will it take? - putting aside a cast-iron pan with heated water on the ground, one of the film crew asked.

- Maximum 15 minutes - Chin shrugged his shoulders, looking at the rock again. - We need to hurry, the sun is about to set over the horizon. At night there will be poor visibility, so you need to hurry - the tone of voice is an octave lower than before these words.

Further argue we have not gathered, after 5-7 minutes we were already behind the head of the village is, downward. Those paths that have led it were easy, although if we pay more attention to where entered our district of hectares, it would hit the ledge above the sea level, which we passed.

But at that moment we blindly followed him, trusting completely. At that moment, we only wished about one thing faster to get to the living area, settle down, have a hearty meal, take a shower (if there was one) and go to bed. All the beauties that the natural landscape showed us can be admired tomorrow morning when we start working.
The last thought before the Crossroads opened was that we really pass under a large gate woven of pointed rocky scars and a handful of lush vines winding between the trees.

- We are at home - Chin breathed freely, noticeably relaxing, I felt all the heaviness from my shoulders evaporate, instead my soul is filled with lightness and happiness.

- I'm at home - I don't know why, but I wanted to say these words, everyone who followed me repeated after me.

- Everything, nothing else is written further. What does this all mean? Do they say, "Crossroads", a cat about ing considered a legend?

- Do not talk nonsense - the chief of police gave a slap on the head, taking away the written countries and tsu. - This simply cannot be!

- Then what village are we talking about here? In fact, I remember that my grandfather told the first man, who visited and SVM village after God Miro was a man named Chin. God Miro ponra and vilos as the man playing the aulos ( author's note:. A spiritual tool consisting of two tubes a conical or cylindrical shape ) during his campaign for their land.

- Better keep quiet about it, if you tell someone, you will instantly be locked up in a psychiatric hospital. So shut up, do you understand me?

- Got it, chief. But, it's still very strange.