final.

height difference

 

“Unnie,”


 

Minjoo looked up from her iPad, glancing to the owner of the familiar soft voice with a curious gaze then hummed as a response, putting down her iPad away after turning it off so she could focus her attention on the girl fully.


 

Wonyoung had a pout on her lips, brows formed into a deep furrow, her eyes had this curious and confused glint which made Minjoo frown. The former then settled beside her, occupying the whole space available as her curious gaze remained still on the older.


 

“Unnie, I’ve been thinking,” The younger started off cutely, it was not on purpose— Wonyoung is cute by nature and Minjoo knows that, and she found it very adorable and heart-warming. “Everyone around us always gushes over this thing about us…” She continued, but then her voice trailed off and a red tint started to appear around her cheeks. Minjoo’s eyebrow shot up, a little bit confused and worried.


 

“This thing?” The older asked, trying to pinpoint what Wonyoung might be talking about but to no avail, she didn’t manage to think of what could possibly be it. “May I know what’s ‘this thing’?” She repeated but clearer and fixed her sitting position to fully face the younger, tilting her head a bit because even if Wonyoung is sitting down, she’s still tall and Minjoo still needs to look up so she could meet her eyes.


 

Wonyoung blushed again, averting her gaze shyly and coughed— throwing her hand to her face and awkwardly scratched her temple. “I-I… Uhh,” She stammered, not knowing how to put it to words. Minjoo’s gaze softened. “Hey, seriously, it’s okay. What’s with it? Is it that bad?” She asked worriedly and Wonyoung’s doe eyes shot up, shaking her head furiously to deny it.


 

“N-No! It’s nothing bad, I swear.” She muttered the answer, fidgeting a bit. Minjoo even got more curious, Wonyoung looks like she’s really hesitating so it must've been something bad but then— why is she blushing?


 

Minjoo hummed, getting a little bit more serious. “Wonyoung,” She called out and the younger flinched a bit, looking at her with surprised eyes. “Y-Yes?” She asked timidly. The older girl heaved a sigh. “It’s alright, tell me.” She reassured her and she saw how Wonyoung became a little bit relaxed, she looked so tense earlier.


 

The younger nodded, fixing her posture first before finally saying her concern. “W-Well, it’s about…” She paused, pressing her lips together then released a defeated sigh, looking down on her lap. “Our height difference.” She answered timidly with a very low voice but Minjoo caught it, she heard her clearly.


 

Freezing, Minjoo just stared at Wonyoung for a good five seconds in silence. The younger blushed even more, pouting.


 

Minjoo then broke out into a pit of giggles, finding it very amusing but Wonyoung just huffed. “Why are you laughing, unnie? This is keeping me awake at night!” She blurted out then covered when she realized her sudden confession which made the older laugh even more. Wonyoung sulked, and crossed her arms and released a cute ‘hmph’.


 

“I thought it was something serious…” Minjoo whispered to herself with a big smile but Wonyoung heard it and glared cutely at her, still pouting over it. “It’s serious, unnie! Well, at least, for me…” She responded with slumped shoulders. “It seriously keeps me wondering.” She added.


 

Minjoo smiled. “How come? Our height difference is cute, that’s why they are gushing over it.” She offered an answer but Wonyoung shook her head. “No, you don’t understand it, unnie.” She exclaimed, frowning as she intently stared at the laid-back girl in front of her.


 

Frustrated. Wonyoung is surely frustrated because of this. Minjoo couldn’t help but to feel amused and smiley because the taller one looks so cute, she just wants to engulf Wonyoung into a warm hug and cuddle with her.


 

“Then make me understand,” Minjoo replied with a cheeky smile, teasing the younger. “Why are you so worried over it?” She questioned and Wonyoung looked more frustrated than ever. They then stared at each other for quite a while, the older could see the younger thinking deeply.


 

After contemplating for a while, Wonyoung nodded to herself then stood up. Minjoo’s eyes followed her movements. “Stand up,” The younger ordered with a serious tone and it caught Minjoo off guard. “Pardon?” She asked dumbly, looking up at the younger like a puppy.


 

“Unnie, stand up. I want to confirm something, it’s been bugging me for months now!” Wonyoung answered, her face getting red— Minjoo doesn’t know if the younger was just getting annoyed or there was a whole different reason why she’s getting red. But like an obedient puppy, Minjoo slowly stood up like Wonyoung had asked her— still looking up to the younger with confused eyes.


 

Wonyoung gulped, inspecting something and Minjoo just remained standing, dumbfounded as the younger’s eyes intensely looked at her… forehead? Hair?


 

She was about to say something but her lips instantly pursed when Wonyoung took a step forward, closing the gap between them which made her nervous, her heart suddenly racing wildly at their close proximity— it didn’t help that Wonyoung’s beautiful doe eyes are glued on her.


 

“Unnie,” Wonyoung whispered out and Minjoo flinched. “Y-Yeah?” She asked, stammering.


 

“They are right,” The younger said, still directly looking at her and Minjoo blinked, shifting nervously. “Our height difference is so perfect with this.” She continued and took another step forward to close the gap further, but this time, there’s no space anymore. Minjoo’s stomach started to fill with butterflies, her heart drumming wildly, and cheeks equally red as Wonyoung’s.


 

And suddenly, Wonyoung cupped her face gently and it scared Minjoo a bit because she probably felt how warm her face was. Somehow, she felt anticipation running up into her nerves.


 

When the younger leaned in closer, her eyes instantly fell shut, feeling her body tense. She then waited for a while, expecting a pair of lips to be pressed against her awaiting ones but then— she felt it… but not on her lips, but on her forehead. Wonyoung’s lips lingered for a while on her forehead, and Minjoo slowly fluttered her eyes open, blinking confusedly after the younger retreated her hands and lips away.


 

She glanced at the blushing Wonyoung and she couldn’t suppress her smile. She shook her head amusedly, feeling off-guard but she felt giddy. “So… you’ve been thinking if our height difference is actually perfect for forehead kisses?” She asked and Wonyoung huffed, because Minjoo hit the jackpot.


 

Slowly, Wonyoung nodded, not even trying hard to deny. Minjoo grinned, giggling to herself. “What a cutie,” She cooed, pulling Wonyoung closer to her and hugged her tightly. The younger just hugged back, melting.


 

“Now that it’s proven that our height difference is perfect for forehead kisses, what would you do?” Minjoo said, tucking her chin on Wonyoung’s shoulders, smiling to herself. She could feel the younger blushing again.


 

“Maybe… give you forehead kisses often…” Wonyoung answered shyly and Minjoo laughed wholeheartedly, pressing a chaste kiss on the younger’s jaw and hugged her closer.


 

“That sounds nice. I would love that.”


 


 

A/N: f2’s tag is almost non-existent, and i'm so sad //3