Blooming with you

Blooming with you

"Jeon Jungkook, I can't believe-"

"I already told you I'm sorry! Also, in my defense, out of the two of us I am not the only one who forgot."

"I CAN'T ING BELIEVE-"

Jungkook groaned and tipped his head back. This has been going on for the past thirty or so minutes.

The thing is, he couldn't even blame Jimin. His boyfriend had every right to be pissed. Jungkook screwed up, they both did. They  had completely forgotten to celebrate Valentine's!

Their sheer ignorance was actually impressive, considering Jungkook had ordered the obligatory extra bunch of red roses for said day and Jimin had put his all into turning the showcase window in an as sappy as only humanly possible display. Yet after work they've just come home, eaten dinner - nothing fancy on that end too - and gone to bed. 

Even thinking of it now as Jimin went on and on was nothing short of humilating. Thanks god they were at home and nobody had to witness the string of profanities leaving the older's mouth.

It came always as a surprise whenever his hyung lost it like that. For selfish reasons Jungkook wanted nobody else to witness him like that. Not only because he still was a shy lad, way too easily flustered in public and awkward with people. But also because he secretly found it adorable when Jimin got all snappy and wanted to be the only one to see him like that. His possessive side was coming through with a blast.

He hoped Jimin never found out this embarassing tidbit - or if he did, that he wouldn't get angry.

Tiny fists raining down on his chest brought Jungkook back to reality.

"Jeon Jungkook, you dumb brute you are going to take me out today do you ing hear me," Jimin shrieked.

It took everything from Jungkook to not coo. Instead, he wrapped both arms tightly around his boyfriend and pulled him close.

"Okay, okay," he easily agreed. "Just give me a minute, alright?"

And with a peck to Jimin's pouty lips, he left.

Once alone in their bedroom Junkook started pacing right away. Rubbed a hand over his face. Gosh. Now the heck what to do?

But as you know, Google is your friend. And he felt only a little bad when he whipped his phone out and looked up Valentine ideas. 

After probably ten or so minutes he'd found something that was not absolutely trash and also on a budget - the amusement park. God knows when's been the last time he went to one but luckily enough the good old Euphoria Park was just out of town and still running. And Jungkook knew for a fact his boyfriend would absolutely love going there and doing childish or hopelessly romantic stuff.
"Chim," he hollered down the hallway, "get ready! We are going somewhere fun."

The instance he heard that, Jimin forgot his fury and skipped into the bathroom to get ready for whatever the younger had in mind. 
Jungkook sighed and scratched his head. That's been a close call.

On their way to Euphoria Park - or "broke Disneyland" as Jungkook silently dubbed it, not few attractions spotting rust  marks for years by now - he tried to keep the conversation light and his boyfriend distracted. Kept him chattering on their way to the bus stop, Jungkook perpetuum mobile too broke to get himself a car. Gave him little nudges to continue talking away as they waited for the bus, as they got on, during the ride. Which was by no means a difficult task. Jimin was incredibly easy to distract and get to talk. All Jungkook had to do was asking if he'd slept well and already the older was going off on a big rant.

"-and this dumb ing- like okay, I don't have a problem with scientists, like at all but you know enough is enough and so this little er was doing a presentation, alright? A big scale one, where the whole auditorium is filled to the brim, students squeezing on the stairs to get a better look and hear what Mr. Fabulous has to say which, okay cool. You do you. But turned out the er was some delusionist conspiracist who tried to prove that humankind is closely related to goats instead of apes and you know what he did then? He showed a picture of me, of my very self, thrown on the canvas from his beamer in grotesquely big and took that as evidence for his dumb theory! Honestly I felt so insulted, I think that's what woke me up. er. I don't look like a goat!" Jimin blew a black stray strand out of his face.

The younger clamped his mouth shut to stop any betraying snickers. Kept his eyes straight on the road while his body shook ever so slightly with restrained laughter.

As we'd established already, this was probably not Jungkook's lucky day cosidering Jimin forced a belated valentine's date upon them and blamed Jungkook only. So it was to no surprise Jimin noticed the quivering. He slapped his arm.

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook how dare you laughing about my misery!"

Somewhere behind them a few kids snickered while the granny right next to them looked mildly uncomfortable. Jungkook tried to ignore the attention on them, the people around, ugh. Concentrating on Jimin instead who was still glaring at him while Jungkook rubbed his arm and pulled a dramatic pout. This was okay, cool even. He could do childish, attention-catching behaviour. As long as just Jimin was by his side so he could focus on him, use him as a steady force. Yeah, cool, totally. He gulped. Pointedly turned his head away to avoid the woman's gaze.

I'm cool, I'm cool, I'm cool...

And maybe the tiny turmoil inside the younger had shown because sure enough Jimin dropped his demeanor and took that one step closer it needed for the both of them to touch. Wrapping a delicate arm around Jungkook's hip, then the other, rubbing soothing circles in his lower back.

"Sorry," the older mumbled. Squeezing Jungkook's sweater with his tiny hands.

The younger shook his head. Had the minute thought to turn his head so he could press a quick peck on Jimin's cheek, remembered the other people on the bus, stayed put.

"It's nothing."

They spent the rest of the ride silent, the dance teacher getting on his toes so he could hook his chin over Jungkook's shoulder and watch the scenery passing by. The ride went on and on, a couple stations flying by and Jimin's stance began to waver, having to stand too long on his toes. Jungkook wrapped a secure arm around his middle, steadying him. There was a happy hum against his neck as the older resumed looking outside. Jungkook could see their reflection in the other window, could see how the small figure looked pressed against his broader frame. Gosh, Jungkook was such a goner.

But like all things good, the bus ride came to an end, eventually.

"Next stop - Euphoria park," a montone voice rasped through the speakers. 

Jimin relucantly detangled and together with what must've been the entire content of the bus they poured out onto the parting lot right before the entrance.

Because the amusement park might've seen better times, yes. But it still was one of the very few attractions at all in this rural area. There never was a lack of visitors, only of money and enthusiasm from the workers. 

Before Jungkook could get lost in his headspace and ponder about whether or not the director might be a speculator, he shook his head and hurried after his jolly boyfriend  who was skipping ahead.

It took maybe five minutes if at all to get tickets yet already Jimin was growing impatient, mop of fluffy black hair bobbing up and down as he got to his toes and down again. Jungkook paid for their tickets and off Jimin went. Charging ahead like a race horse being released. Jungkook shook his head and set after him.

 

"No, really, I won't buy you cookies." Jungkook got both arms linked under Jimin's from behind and bodily dragged him away from the stall.

"But!"

"No buts, that lawless time between christmas and New year is not too long ago, don't you remember the dangerous phase where we measured daytime on 'am I hungry yet or nah' and you insisted that a kilo of christmas cookies is a reasonably fine meal?" He dragged him further until the mouth-watering smell of fresh cookies got weaker. "And didn't you puke your guts out twice after eating nothing but cookies for days? I really don't want you to do that again anytime soon, Jiminie."

"Okay," Jimin relented at least. Grumbling cutely. "But I want a kiss."

And who was Jungkook to deny him anything, really? After a quick glance left and right he leaned down for a soft press of lips, a barely-there whisper, retreating just as quickly.

Jimin grinned from one ear to the other. "You are so sweet."

"Nah." 

Jungkook took ahold of Jimin's hand and pulled him off to their next destination. Playing it cool. Once he was certain they didn't look like they'd just kissed in public he slowed his steps to lean down, murmuring right into Jimin's ear for him only to hear.

"My little Boston Smilax."

Before Jimin could ask about it - they'd never spoken about that flower so far - the younger pulled away already and strode ahead with big steps. Cheeks burning only a little. Ignoring Jimin's prying questions he pointed straight ahead.

"Oh look, that's a huge rollercoaster, it looks so fun, we should definitely try it out!" His voice came out unnecessarily loud and he knew it. Didn't care.

"Ohmygosh yes!"

Didn't have to care. Jimin was so easy to distract. The younger turned away to hide his smirk before getting in line for the attraction.

Three loopings and a very loud and high-pitched scream of "JUNGKOOKIIIIIIIIE" right in the younger's ear, Jimin remembered he'd been hungry. And when he made a beeline for a stall with roasted almonds Jungkook hadn't the heart to deny him his cravings again.

"Holy gosh, Jungkookie, look at that! They have seven different roasting flavours here!" 

Jungkook hummed while taking the chance to snap a quick picture of his hyung glued to the stall like a little child. Small build, chubby fingers and sweeterpaws only adding to the vision.

"Mhm, yeah, that's great." The younger stored his shots in the 'blackmail material' folder and pocketed his phone. Jimin hadn't noticed a thing.

"Isn't it?! Okay I think, uhm..." Jimin got on his toes, raising his voice. "I'll take 50 gramm of each, please. Can all go in the same bag, thank you. Jungkook, you're paying~"

"Hm, I am?" The younger blinked. Looked from his boyfriend to the grim stall keeper. "I mean yes, yes I am."

Not even ten minutes later half of the roasted almonds have been inhaled.

"Jim- wait, let me- here..." Jungkook fumbled with a dozen napkins, rubbing at the sticky fingers while Jimin kept at them in bliss. 

"These are so good..."

"Yes baby I know, but they will still be good in an hour, yeah? How about you save a few for later, that way you don't get sick and take lots of turns on all the attractions here. How does that sound?"

The older rolled his eyes. "Gosh, Jungkookie, why do you have to be so responsible today? It's Valentine's day for god's sake."

"Well technically it's not-"

"And whose fault is that?"

Jungkook shut his mouth. This was a lost battle from the very start.

So Jimin took the opportunity to fetch his sweet goods back. Popping in yet another sugarcoated almond and crunching away.

"...I give up."

"Mhm, you better."

 

Jungkook stuck out the tip of his tongue as he took aim for the last time. It was a bad habit of his, nothing he could do anything about. He breathed out and-

A mechanical bell went off.

"Ten points," the overworked woman behind the stand cheered. "That makes 70 points in total, sir, please pick your prize from the left side of this wall." She motioned behind her.

"The bunny, please."

While the woman was busy getting the stuffed animal down, Jungkook struggled a bit to get the toy gun back in its holder. Succeeded before the woman could see. He accepted the toy and turned around to pass it on to Jimin.

The older had watched silently on the sidelines. Now he pressed the huge pink bunny against his chest and giggled.

"You know, I was sooo ready to mock you for doing a loosy job on turning this into an actual date but you winning this adorable bun for me just ruined my plan. I don't know if I should be mad or endeared."

"The latter," was Jungkook's quick retort.

Jimin laughed.

They continued their journey. Fooling around, bickering loudly and doing all the cliché couple things. As the sun started to set, Jungkook took Jimin on his back and ran from one end of the park to the other. Making silly speed car noises on his way. Maybe he was on a sugar high from all the almonds he'd gotten fed too. But Jimin was laughing loudly and they made it in time to the ferris wheel so who cares?

A round on the ferris wheel while looking at the sunset was an absolute must for a date. Sadly they weren't the only couple with that idea. Bummer.

"Don't worry, let me handle this." Jimin gave an assuring pat to where Jungkook's arm was linked with his before raising his voice.

"Oh look, how exciting, sweets! I heard the probability of a cabin falling off is only ten percent here. Much better than the rundown horror theme park we went to last time, don't ya think? Wanna try out if it works today? Last time we almost got lucky when one of the hooks got loose, maybe this time the odds are in our favour, hun. How exciting!"

There were hushed whispers around them. Weird looks too but sure enough the crowd disspated until not even a handful of people stood in line before them. Jungkook wasn't entirely sure what to make of it.

"Y'know, just for the records... this was brilliant. But super creepy."

Jimin snorted, shrugged. 

"It worked though, didn't it?"

"I mean, yeah. I guess."

Soon enough it was their turn. Getting comfortable in the small cabin with a giant stuffed bunny squished between them was only a little difficult. They made it work. Kept exchanging kisses, Jimin planting loud disgusting smooches all over the younger's face and snickering at his grimaces. Once they were at the tipping point they tried to pull away and redirect their focus to the pastel pink clouds around them but failed miserably. And let's be honest, nobody really takes a ferris wheel ride at sunset to admire the sunset. It's just about mood light effects, really. So when they reached touchdown again it took the couple a hot second to notice. One of the many pecks had somehow morphed into a heated makeout session with the poor bunny toy pressed against the window.

"Excuse me."

The guard cleared his throat at least three times. Maybe more, who knows, who cares?

"Gentlemen, I have a waterpistol in my hand and I am not affraid to use it." 

The completely serious way the middle-aged man said that finally got them to stop. Jimin stumbling out of the cabin and snorting the guard right in his face. Jungkook followed after him with flaming red head and agressively bowed the perfect ninety degree to the guard, dropping the bunny twice in the process.

"I Am nOt affRaiD to Use it," Jimin mocked the guard before they were even out of hearing range.

Jungkook punched his arm. "Seriously, stop. Ohmygod."

Jimin just belly-laughed at him. "Oh wow, this is gold- honestly you should see your face right now!"

The younger whined and made a point pressing his face in the plushie.

That's when a second voice caught his attention. And it rubbed him off in a very wrong way.

"Jimin, is that you?"

He lifted his head in the general direction of the chipper voice. Sure enough there he was, orange hair and huge smile and all, bounding closer. Hoe-seok. Jungkook glared.

The young florist's mood changed within seconds as he watched the familiar figure pulling his Jimin into a tight hug.

"Dammit, I missed you, dude!"

Jimin had gone very quiet in Hoseok's arms. Jungkook wondered whether it was too soon to start plotting murder. But seriously, was the man just dumb? Or had he forgotten about how badly he'd played Jimin? Jungkook sure hasn't. Could vivdly recall how small Jimin had looked that day in his flowershop, tears streaming down his face in fat blobs.

Jungkook had seen red in the presence of that jerk once before and now it was no different.

Bunny tucked under one arm, he grabbed one of Hoseok's hands and wrenched it away from a trembling Jimin. Only then did the orange-head notice him and let go of Jimin.

"If you ever touch him like that, hurt him again, I'm gonna ing stuff you with Hemlock Water Dropwort," Jungkook sneered.

Hoseok looked equal parts puzzled and terrified. Which was fair but... Jungkook scoffed. Of course that moron didn't know what he'd been talking about. Didn't know about the poisonous plant with the ability to kill people with a smile on their face.

Jimin, though. He understood. Placed himself between both men and placed a tender hand on Jungkook's face. 

"It's okay. I'm okay. No need to turn all killer mode, yeah?" The words were hushed into Jungkook's face, their own little secret.

He stared at Jimin, took in his face, his posture. Read the sincerity in his beautiful eyes as he just kept staring for a little longer. Almost getting lost again. Jungkook gave a grim nod and let go of Hoseok to wrap a protective arm around his boyfriend. Maybe a tadbit possessive too. Sue him.

Hoseok was a very lucky man to always only meet Jungkook when Jimin was around who could hold him back from doing something stupid. Like, burying his fist in the hoe's face. Or something.

"Okay, no killing today," Jungkook relented. 

Hoseok had inched away and was now fidgeting on the spot. Not sure what to do.

"However," the Jungkook Glare was back. Hoseok jumped. "This doesn't mean I'm letting you get away like this. You've hurt Jiminie very badly in the past and never suffered the consequences. I don't think that's fair."

He watched Hoseok shrinking. Jungkook had no agenda, not yet. Only knew he had to do something. When he saw the orange-head flinching at a trespassing rollercoaster, he smirked.

With a peck to Jimin's eyebrow he handed over the bunny. 

"Babe, how about you keep a look on this fella for a bit while I have a nice little talk from buddy to buddy with your former neighboor, hm? I think the Black Mamba would be a good place to start."

For the last part he'd turned around to Hoseok, gauging his reaction. The man didn't disappoint. The mention of the most exciting rollercoaster in the whole park, the very one that had just passed by was enough for him to pull up his shoulders and chew on his bottom lip. Nervous eyes darting from the rollercoaster to Jungkook and back.

But Hoseok surprised all of them when he didn't protest. With a look of a slain man who accepted his fate he tagged along after Jungkook.

By the time they'd lined up for the Black Mamba, Jungkook had mastered himself enough to speak in a serious, grown-up way.

"You can probably guess that I would very much like giving you a black eye or two. And that I'd preferably never see you again, especially nowhere near Jimin."

A nod.

"However, I am aware this would cause more trouble than solve it. And maybe you are just very unfortunate and the whole issue has been a misunderstanding. I know that. But."

Jungkook's hands balled to fists at his sides. "But I still can't let this go like it's nothing." For the first time he turns his head to look, really look at Hoseok. At how he stood there and listened, face dark. "Jimin was a mess when he came to me that day. I didn't manage to calm him for hours because of how upset he was. After hearing you, his biggest crush at that time, having with someone else in his bed. I've never seen him like that. And I never want to again."

The line moved and it was almost their turn now.

Hoseok kept listening.

Jungkook soldiered on. "So you will understand when I say taking you on a few rides today you don't seem to fancy is the better and more harmless option of me getting back at you."

A solemn nod.

"I understand. And I get where you are coming from," Hoseok said. "Yet this doesn't fix everything. I need to have a proper talk and apologize with Jimin if this is supposed to get right."

The brunet gave him the stink-eye. "Then I suggest you do that soon."

Before Hoseok could come up with any good retort, it was their turn. They got ushered to their seats, safety brackets snapping down on them, feet dangling in the air. The Black Mamba went off and not even five seconds later Hoseok was screaming his lungs out.

Jungkook felt every bit smug.

Hoseok hadn't fully collected himself yet when Jungkook dragged him away from the rollercoaster and to the nearby teacup ride.

Jimin stayed outside and watched as Jungkook hoisted the orange-head into a cup and started spinning them. Laughed at the view; at Jungkook calmly turning the wheel around and around and around whereas Hoseok was half hanging off the cup, screaming, begging for mercy.

Hoseok collapsed on the floor as soon as they were out.

"No more," he wheezed. "Please, no more, I'm sorry..."

Jimin was hunched over, obviously torn between laughing and feeling guilty about it. The youngest felt not bad at all when he joined with loud cackles.

Jimin raised a hand.

"Let's stop laughing, I can't see when I'm laughing."

Jungkook wanted to coo. Gosh, all these emotions whenever he was around his boyfriend were giving him whiplash.

He crouched down next to Hoseok with the most fake grin ever plastered on his face.

"We're even now," he declared upon picking up a limb hand of Hoseok's and shaking it. "I'm Jeon Jungkook by the way."

"What th- I know who you are!"

"Good."

Jungkook got up. 

"I hope you remember."

They stayed a little longer after Jimin had insisted to keep an eye on Hoseok until he felt okay again. Much to Jungkook's chagrin who loomed behind his boyfriend all the time. Eventually, Hoseok got up on his feet again and shuffled away mumbling something and Jimin gave the green light for them to leave.

Jungkook ended up getting Jimin some cotton candy and a cheap scarf with "Euphoria Park" print. In return he received a steaming cup of noodles which he dwarved down as they waited for the bus to take them back.

"You know, this is really not how I imagined this day to go," Jimin sighed.

"Mmmng-mmpf."

"But I'm not complaining. It was still a very good day, all in all." 

"Mmh."

Jungkook went to dispose the empty cup. When he came back, Jimin stretched out a hand and interlaced their fingers. Jungkook leaned down to place a sticky kiss on his boyfriend's cheek, savory sauce and all. Immediately Jimin let go to rub at the dirt in his face. He scrunched his nose.

"Ew."

Jungkook gave him a full 100 watt smile.

 

Back home Jungkook took it upon himself to thoroughly clean Jimin from remnants of all the sweets and food they'd had thorough the day. With his tongue. Jimin giggled into his mouth.

"You know," the smaller murmured into the quiet of their house, interrupting the soft sound of smacking lips, "seeing you get mad at Hoseok was kinda hot."

Jungkook furrowed his brows.

"Huh? You like jealous, unreasonable boyfriends?"

Jimin smacked the back of his head.

"Yah, I didn't mean it like that! Stop ruining the mood."

"I'm not ruining the mood," the younger denied. Leaning in for their noses to touch, eyes fluttering shut.

"Oh no?"

Jimin's voice has dropped to a low whisper. Jungkook listened, mesmerized how easily he could pull in the older. Just like the other way around. Jimin had him eating out of the palm of his hand but it was going the other way around too. Lately Jungkook was coming to that realization more often. Saying he didn't love it would be a lie.

"No."

He tilted his head to reconnect their lips. A languid press, one hand snaking into a pocket of Jimin's trousers, palming the perfect round cheek. The other travelling up into Jimin's black hair.

Jimin hummed, tightening his grip on the younger's shoulders and they let go.

 


The next day Jimin was back to working on the facade of Jungkook's flowershop. Had actually taken days off for that, much to Jungkook's displeasure.

Three hours into the skilled dance teacher crafting giant yellow flowers of various size and fastening them around the showcase window Jungkook came out of his shop and the very second Jimin came down from the ladder he swept him up, carrying him to the little storage room in the back and manhandling him into sitting down.

"Here, time for a break." 

Jungkook pressed the sandwich in Jimin's one hand, a steaming cup of tea into the other. No room for arguments.

With a little sigh Jimin gave in.

While he munched on his snack, Jungkook put inside all the tools and stuff laying on the sidewalk in front of his shop, then got out one of his aloes. He cut off a piece and went back to Jimin, applying the soothing gel from the leaf on Jimin's red fingers. 

His boyfriend rewarded him with a small grateful smile and a peck to the tip of his nose before going back to work, taking his tools with him.

 

Several people thorough the day halted in their track and watched curiously how the decoration evolved. Jungkook made good business that day. Many of his customers coming in being intrigued by what was going on outside. He always smiled and mumbled something about 'change of tapestry'.

Two days later Jimin was done.

Jungkook was nothing short of awestruck. 

"I have the best boyfriend ever." He squeezed Jimin's waist as they both looked at the complete picture from the other side of the road.

The upper part of the wall was almost completely covered in threedimensional flowers of different shape and size, the smaller ones maybe twice as big as Jungkook's fist and the huge one at the upper left corner of the showcase window measuring at least a metre in its diameter. Colour palette held in pastels ranging from soft yellow to sage to lavender, harmonizing beautifully with each other. 

And somehow Jimin had managed to make it look as if the flowers were breaking through the window to explode into the world. A few of the small flowers placed on the inside window and side wall. Some flowers cut in two parts, one part fixed on the outside window and the other on the inside, frozen mid-movement.

The sight was simply stunning. A real eyecatcher. And sure enough they were not the only ones standing on the sidewalk to admire Jimin's hard work.

The artiffical flowers partly framed the showcase window which had been redecorated by Jimin the previous day too.

Colourful spring flowers spilled in a cascade from an amphora. Jungkook had no idea where Jimin had gotten that old vessel from but it looked beautiful, perched on a wooden chair Jimin had covered in moss. The ground was covered in moss too where the spring flowers weren't 'flowing', little branches stuck into the floral foam making it look like a miniature forest.

"You've truly outdone yourself." Jungkook pressed a kiss to the older's temple.

"Aish it was nothing."

Jungkook would like to disagree.

And so did his customers. Praising the pretty facade and asking whose doing it was. To which Jimin would bound up to the counter and accept his compliments shy yet eager. Jungkook for once was not too embarassed to act silly and make that trademark Will Smith pose, overdramatically presenting his boyfriend. Which always got him fond giggles and a few more praises for Jimin.

 

The next days his shop was well-frequented. The young florist found himself wondering more than once whether he'd actually have a chance with evolving his business. Getting bigger, more well-known to a point where winter was just a season like every other one and no looming shadow. 

Of course Jimin, sweet Jimin always encouraged him. Told him he'd do great and he'd surely find a partner soon, get more popular soon. He also vehemently refused to accept any kind of thanks from the younger for transforming his facade. Taught him more about cooking instead. Always giving, always showering Jungkook with love and affection in every way possible. An angel through and through.

"You are amazing." It was an easy declaration for Jungkook to make.

But Jimin frowned where he hovered over their pot of... lobster, lobster biscuit? Jungkook was bad with dish names.

"No, no it's not right yet." 

He tasted the soup again, frown deepening. "It's not... I don't know, the fabulousness is not quite there. It's missing a certain je ne sais quoi."

Jungkook took the spoon and tried the pumpkin-coloured soup. Shrugged.

"Tastes pretty much perfect to me."

"No, it's-" Jimin shook his head, unhappy. "Maybe it's just because we are not in Paris. There is no point making this dish outside Paris." He huffed.

Well, now Jungkook was properly confused for sure.

"I, I'm, what?"

"Basically, French cuisine is a narcistic b*tch," the older huffed.

Jungkook almost snorted the soup out of his nose.

"Oh my- oh my god, what-" he wheezed. Jimin slapping his back and laughing in his ear.

When he'd calmed down enough he looked at Jimin with big round eyes. 

"This is amazing, do you know more wisdoms like that?"

Jimin turned down the heat and leaned against the stove. Lips puckered and looking so kissable but Jungkook could restrain himself. For the time being.

"Well, we've been doing a few super easy American recipes already. Do you remember? They were just like, 'okay buy three cans of stuff, put them in a pan, stir around while boiling. Done. Hashtag the lazy way."

Jungkook snickered. And despite not knowing much of American cuisine agreed in spirit. He remembered the instant pot mac and cheese they'd made a while back, throwing everything except for cheese and evaporated milk in the pot, then add those too, stir, done.

"Okay, back to Europe, do you have more there?"

Jimin pondered a while. "Hm... well, Italy is all about their specific regions. Italian recipes are often very distinct. Like, 'You need a left leg from a pig out of the second-from-the-bottom-right tuscany region, this meat and this only will work for what you're about to do'. Do you remember when I had to reschedule sunday lunch two weeks ago after running around in a panic?"

The younger hummed, grinning.

"Yeah well, I couldn't find the specific ham I needed."

They both chuckled at the memory. 

"Okay, now how about Asian? Handed-down old chinese recipes or something, dunno?"

A short pause, then Jimin shuffled around to continue tending to their lobster thing. "Nah, I don't feel like possibly offending every country at the same day."

"Fair enough."

...

"Wait-wait, I was supposed to cook, not you!"

 


The new fancy decoration outside his shop got the recognition it deserved and with the beginning of spring the customers were back in their usual number. More than normal at some days, even. A few of them stating this was the prettiest flowershop in the whole town now. It was hard not to feel smug about it.

The only downside of Jungkook's now again well-going business was the lack of freetime. 

Finals for his marketing degree were approaching with huge steps and the young florist barely found the chance to study during opening hours. Had to put his folders away more often than not with how many customers there were. He knew of course that it was not his place to complain, working during opening hours was the norm and not studying. But, he had to cram and when he couldn't squeeze in a good few minutes at work then he had to do it at home. Which meant less quality time with Jimin. 

Another reason for more customers these days: his "How mad is she" bouquet scale sign had become instagram-able, young folks posing with their freshly bought bouquet in front of it and taking selcas with the sign for reference. It was kind of hilarious.

Jungkook was slowly getting picky at his customers. Not in a 'you're in and you're out' kind of way but he had his favourite customers. Whom he didn't mind giving a little discount from time to time. One of them who had returned after winter break was the boy who'd invented the U bouquets alongside Jungkook. The days when the boy came to his shop were delightful. The boy had an open mind and liked to challenge Jungkook's knowledge about flowers. He still refused to tell the florist his name though, claiming he didn't want his parents to find out that he was the inventor of the U bouquets. Understandable, but a bummer.

"Okay but how about making a goth shelf? With black plants only or something?"

The boy was sitting at the counter, Jungkook having given up to tell him off for it. The florist thought about it.

"Hm. There are a few plants that I could try ordering. Chinese Jade, Black rose,  Black cardinal, some special breed of the rubber plant..." he counted on his fingers, "the zamioculcas zamiifolia Raven too, and Haworthia marxii and the Mexican Hens and chicks, black velvet petunias, black mondo grass, there are quite a few. The problem is, most of them are not really black. Pure black barely exist in nature. So these plants are just special breeds in very rich and dark colours. And sometimes they don't stay 'black', get lighter with time until they are red or green or blue again. It's risky."

The boy pouted and Jungkook immediately felt a little guilty.

"But I can try. Gotta research and read some more, have a talk with my delivery. Maybe we can try to set up a black shelf for Halloween, okay?"

He still looked a bit disappointed so the florist added with a friendly shove to his shoulder, "Hey, I could make a Halloween showcase window and order this special cactus that looks like a brain. Put it in some skull-shaped pots, I bet there is something fitting for sale on the internet. Whatcha thinking?"

A toothy grin was his response. "Yeah, that sounds cool. Let's buy stingy brains!"

"Okay, dude. High-five to that?"

"Yep," the boy popped the 'p', gave Jungkook the requested high-five and jumped off the counter with renewed bounce in his steps. "Gotta dash now, later!"

"Mhm. Stay safe."

He waved, almost out of the door already. "Will do, and Imma try to bring my friends along. You're cool, dude!"

 

The quick-witted boy was not the only interesting visitor that week.

On thursday, a skinny man with bleached hair and sharp eyes entered the shop. Jungkook needed a few moments to remember who it was, why the face seemed so familiar. He blinked at the customer with the feeling of uncertainity in his gut as he waited for some kind of sign how to behave. Settled for a short "welcome", hoped it didn't sound as clipped as it felt to his ears.

"So you are the a**hole who put the " you bastard" card in my boyfriend's flowers." The voice was scratchy, unfriendly. Not fitting for the fragile appearance but at the same time going along with the piercing gaze rather well.

And then it clicked. 

Jungkook's jaw almost unhinged.

"Ohmygod. You're the boyfriend. The hoe!"

The stranger had the audacity to chuckle. "That's Min Yoongi for you, brat."

" 'M not a brat!"

A snort. Then Yoongi leaned against the counter. Making himself comfortable.

"Oh yes, you're a brat alright. But I didn't come to discuss your current brattiness. I came here to talk."

Jungkook was not sure to what degree he should feel uncomfortable at that prospect. All he knew was that he did. Feel uncomfortable, that is. 

"Uhm. Sure. What do you wanna talk about? Do I need to close the shop?"

Another snort. Yoongi seemed to be of the rather nonchalant kind. "Nah, I'll be quick. Don't have much time anyway."

"...Okay?"

The - surely older - man took a long sip from his Starbucks cup and smacked his lips. Jungkook wrinkled his nose. Not at the sound, but at the beverage. Coffee. Blergh.

Yoongi of course noticed. "Yah, don't be hater, this is the best Iced Americano in town."

"It's coffee!"

"So?"

Jungkook sniffed. "That sh*t's bitter." 

And Yoongi actually laughed. A big obnoxious toothy laugh, gums and all. So at odds with his previous behaviour. "Ohmygod you are such a ing brat I can't even."

"Yah!"

"Don't 'yah' me, I'm your hyung, kid."

The florist was starting to get irritated. "Wha- you don't know that," he huffed.

Snort number three incoming.

"I heard you call Jimin-ssi 'hyung' that time when you walked past us and obviously phoned him just to rile up Hobi. And I know for a fact that I am older than him so I am definitely older than you. Brat."

Well that had Jungkook blushing at last. He hadn't thought he'd been that obvious. 

"...Oh."

"Yeah, oh. Anyway. Back to the talk. I only have-" Yoongi glanced at his phone-" three minutes left. I came here today because a little while ago I got home to my boyfriend puking his guts out. When I asked what happened he said he took the rollercoaster. And not gonna lie for a few seconds I was super confused cuz he is not good with heights. Or speedy things. Or loopings. Everybody and your mother knows that and he himself is well aware of it too. So after a bit more prying I heard you dragged him in there. And ever since then I lowkey wanna throttle you for giving Hobi a hard time on purpose. However," he said, making a soothing 'calm down' kinda motion with his hands as he noticed Jungkook going into physical defense mode, whole posture going rigid and hands balling to fists, "he also told me what you said. About payback and trying to be mature. And I have to respect that."

Jungkook relaxed a bit. Yoongi gave him a crooked smile.

"Sure it was a sh*tty move of yours. And I still wanna throttle you. But I understand where you're coming from. I know what we've done that night was wrong in more than one way. Trust me I talked about it with him. Several times."

He shrugged. "I just, well yeah. Thought you should know. That I don't hold a grudge against you. What I'm concerned, the both of us are good, but I will keep an eye on you in case you do something funny again. Everything else you do to Hoseok from now on crosses the line you drew when you said the both of you are even now."

Yoongi pushed off the counter and drained his iced something cup, making his way to the exit. Just before he left, he turned around again and made a 'my eyes are everywhere' movement with his free hand.

"Big brother's watching you, brat. See ya." 

A half-a**ed hand wave and he was gone.

Jungkook was still staring at the closed door with furrowed brows when it swung open again maybe ten seconds later.

"Oh, I forgot," Yoongi added with raised voice, only sticking his head inside. "I removed the ' you bastard' sign from your bouquet before Hobs could see it. So if he ever acts dumb about it, it's not his fault, yeah? Kay. Cool. Ciao."

The door fell shut again.

A hysterical laugh bubbled out of the florist as the tension left his body. The whole conversation felt like it had barely made any sense. But in a way he was relieved.

 

A few days later Yoongi was back and this time Jungkook could tell it was mischief glinting in his eyes.

"So," the older drawled in greetings as he leaned onto the counter, another iced Americano in his hand. "Which rollercoaster did you take him to? Did he scream much?"

He took a loud slurped sip.

Jungkook couldn't believe what he just heard. "Oh wow, you are a terrible boyfriend," he chuckled. Still a little nervous, unsure whether this was a trap, whether he could be honest.

The cocky grin from the other man was reassuring enough. "I know."

So Jungkook told him. Spilled every minute detail he could recall when Yoongi urged him tell him everything. He had to take a few breaks everytime customers came in but sure enough Yoongi stayed until he'd gotten all the information he wanted. The both of them cackling as Jungkook attempted to copy Hoseok's facial expressions.

One of the customers interrupting them was a middle-aged woman in a loud dress with neon maxi flower print. Seing her stand right next to Yoongi who was clad in all black - black bucket hat, sweater, trousers and shoes - was like a day and night contrast. And the young florist couldn't ignore it any longer.

"Dude," Jungkook said as soon as they were alone again. "You're wearing just black today and I am pretty sure you did the same thing last time. Are you a little goth or something?"

Yoongi raised a lazy eyebrow at him.

"What do you mean? This is my happy colour."

The younger pondered about it.

"...I think I like your hat."

"Okay nice for you I guess."

Jungkook pouted. "Nevermind then."

 

The third time he came to visit him, Yoongi strolled in with his Americano in one hand and a notepad in the other. Propper greeting once again was non-existent.

"Alright so I heard that grandma just now droning on and on about your mad flower language skills and was thinking you probably chose the flowers of your ' you bastard' bouquet for a reason so. Tell me about it."

Jungkook had nodded along while the older talked and was just contemplating to get nervous but Yoongi was giving off an air of calm non-chalance. He figured it would be fine.

"Okay yeah. I mean you're right. Jiminie came to me that day and asked how to say ' you' in flower so I just kinda put together things with the meanest symbolism I had on stock at that point." 

He lead Yoongi to the back shelf where he kept all of his ' you' bouquets, some of them always in original style with the same combination he'd firstly used for Jimin.

“So Foxglove stands for insincerity." he pointed at the plant, gaze flitting up to Yoongi, checking if he was following along. 

"Then this, Meadowsweet, means uselessness." 

He waited until Yoongi was finished scribbling it down. Then he went on, speaking purposefully slow.

"Yellow carnation over here means disappointment. Orange lilies – hatred. And dead leaves are for sadness."

Yoongi nodded.

"Okay. What about the thorns going around the whole thing?"

The florist shrugged. "They don't exactly have a meaning, aren't common to use. I just put them in for bada** credit."

Yoongi chuckled, rolled his eyes. "Bada** credit, my ing a**. Okay, whatever."

He got up from his crouching position, stretched his lips and made to leave.

Jungkook called after him.

"Yah, what was all of this about just now? Should I be worried?"

A smirk was his answer.

"Dunno, just wanted to know what to do if you're pissing me off at some point. Bye, kid."

"Not a kid!"

 

Their next meeting was pimped up with Yoongi throwing a black bucket hat on the counter looking just like the one he wore, claiming he found it and didn't need it anymore.

Jungkook was over the moon.

"Whoa, that's so cool! Thank you!"

Yoongi squeezed his eyes shut.

"Brat, do me a solid and stop yelling, will ya?"

The younger was about to leap over the counter for a hug but Yoongi managed to evade him with surprising swiftness.

"No, no hugs, I don't do that stuff, don't come closer." He kept his arms stretched out to prevent any further attacks.

So Jungkook settled for flopping down on the counter, mid-motion of his failed bear hug. He gave Yoongi a big grin.

"You may refuse my hugs now but I still think we are going to be really good friends, you and I. Despite your disgusting habit of drinking coffee."

"Meh."

 


As weirdly nice as it was to bond with his former enemy's boyfriend, approaching finals were still a thing. And more often than not Jimin came home either to a cramming Jungkook or to a trying-yet-failing-to-multitask Jungkook. Like right now.

It was april, beautiful weather at that, yet the younger had no eyes for nature's beauty. Eyes fixed on his notes he barely registered what he was doing. Mind flitting back to 'Need to make dinner for Jiminie' every three bullet points he read. So he didn't really notice his hands movements, not until it was too late. Not until the stench of smoke tingled his nose and his head shot up to see the toaster on fire.

.

With a yelp he watched how the flames higher, almost touching the cabinets above. Had no clue what had happened in the first place. He watched for a few seconds longer, frozen on the spot before there was  a weird crunch from inside the toaster.

Jungkook instinctively grabbed it and pulled it off the counter so the cabinets wouldn't catch fire. Plug flying out of the socket from the force. For a moment everything was good, the cabinets out of danger but then Jungkook remembered he was holding a ing burning toaster in his hands, just standing smack-dab in the middle of the kitchen and holding it and the panic swayed back full force.

Screaming he ran out of the kitchen, out of the house and past a stunned Jimin who'd just been about to push the key in the keyhole of the entrance door, past his three seasons flower bed and around the corner to the back of their yard where he threw the still burning toaster on the grass. Which didn't help at all, it was still burning so he picked it up and smashed it down again, er-punching it to the ground, unfeeling of the flames as adrenaline shot through his body.

Multiple smashes later the toaster finally went out, had fallen to pieces. Now it was the grass that was burning. Still screaming mindlessly Jungkook ran around until he spotted his shovel, sprinted back to the burning grass and just beat it until it too went out. His brain not making sense of his action but it didn't matter as long as whatever he did, worked.

Jimin came around the corner, voice hesitant as he spotted Jungkook towering above the ruined patch of grass with the shovel in his hand, panting harshly, eyes probably crazed.

"Uhm, so, what were you cooking?"

Jungkook groaned.

"I don't even know. I think I need a break. Holy sh*t."

Jimin tiptoed closer until he could wrap the younger in a warm, protective hug. 

"Yes, I think you do."

He ran a soothing hand up and down the distressed man's back.

"Let me take care of the rest for tonight, yeah? Get some rest."

A sweet peck on his forehead, then a light encouraging push to his lower back. Jungkook was too tired to protest and followed his boyfriend's instruction on autopilot. After Jimin had made sure he was tucked safely under the blanket, the older went back outside to clean up there first.

Jungkook snuggled into the blanket and blinked away the wetness in his eyes.

Jimin was so sweet to him he could cry.

Sure enough the events of the day caught up to him and before the dance teacher was even back inside, Jungkook was out like a light.

 


As so often Jimin had been right.

That night had done wonders to restore Jungkook's energy. He woke up with a spring in his steps and for once was easily on time to make breakfast without concurrence.

Jimin woke up to breakfast delivery on his bed. He gawked at it in something akin to wonder. Jungkook chuckled and crawled back under the cover for a little longer before getting up and continuing his study session.

He still had so much to learn. And today he was actually pumped to do so. Maybe some extra knowledge could be helpful for finals too. With that positive energy still keeping him going he signed up for a second workshop with Seokjin. Last minute, last free spot. An encouraging smile from Jimin had been all he'd needed.

Once at work Jungkook didn't feel dreadful for putting his folder down whenever a new customer entered. The positive vibe kept him going until the end of the week. Which was a miracle, considering he'd usually be hating on himself for ruining the toaster. Would usually have a hard time of letting it go. But this was simply the effect Jimin had on him, on people in general probably. Always doting, always caring and seing the positive in everything. 

So after they'd both recovered from the burning toaster shock, Jimin had taken him out shopping and seen it as a reason to finally buy one of those toasters where you put a small metall plate inside along with the toast to burn cute pictures in the surface. Claimed he'd wanted to get one of those for a while and just waited for a reason to do so. Ever the optimist. 

It came by no surprise that Jungkook had a lunchbox filled with sandwiches that spotted heart-shaped burnings when he made for the workshop that weekend. The whole way to the school he grinned like an idiot whenever he so much as thought of the lunchbox Jimin had packed him.

Seokjin cooed at him when he saw it during their break.

Had greeted Jungkook like an old friend as he'd gone through the attendance list and taken him under his wing from then on. It was... a little weird, yes, but not unwelcome.

Actually it was nice. The whole workshop thing. Jungkook was familiar with at least half of the other participants and with their teacher Seokjin from last time so a major part of the tenseness was missing. The workshop was in a small group again and Jungkook found himself feeling comfortable. Despite not really knowing everybody that well. It was liberating, in a way. Jungkook was usually not doing well with people, let alone multiple of them and as-good-as-strangers.

This time it was different. He had a few good talks with Seokjin during and off lessons. Got close with Yugyeom who sat next to him. The two same-aged men found they had a lot in common and spent whole breaks chatting. They even ended up teasing their teacher together.

"Honestly, who even needs that much food, seonbaenim," Jungkook asked with a grin, Yugyeom cackling next to him.

Seokjin had the audacity to look offended.

"Jeon Jungkook, you better watch your mouth, three lunchboxes are a perfectly normal amount for a healthy young man like me!"

"But," Yugyeom supplied, "you are not exactly young, are you?"

"Yah, you brats! I will disown you!"

The whole course cracked up.

 

Before he could leave as Seokjin declared the workshop to be finished, Yugyeom caught him off.

"Hey, you probably have exams soon aswell, right?"

Jungkook nodded. He had no idea where the other was going. Yugyeom didn't leave him hanging for long.

"So I was thinking, what do you say, wanna study together sometime, maybe? One of my hyungs has finished Marketing only two years ago and is great with explaining concepts. You sometimes seem a bit lost to me, so I just wanted to offer."

Former Jungkook would have said no. Would have found a polite way to decline and make sure they never crossed paths again to save himself from any potential embarassement. But now...

"Sure," Jungkook grinned. Bumped fists with Yugyeom only a little reluctantly. "Sounds cool."

 

They met up for mutual cramming at the following weekend in a student-friendly coffee shop, where Jungkook got introduced to Choi Young Jae, a young man with an infecting laugh who did a great job shedding some light at some of Jungook's last obscurities.

The three of them bonded easily, had a great time and decided to meet again the following weekends.

 

"I am so proud of you", Jimin mumbled and nuzzled into his neck.

Jungkook gave a content hum and pulled him closer, intertwining their legs under the blanket.

"Thank you."

 


That's how April rolled by.

Yet just when Jungkook thought the month was done with itself, the universe had another surprise in store for him.

The young florist had kept to reaching out for business partners, tried to apply the new tipps and techniques from the second workshop with Seokjin but after more than 39 declines and even more no-responses he'd reached a point where he didn't really believe in it working out anymore. That's how his shock was even bigger when he'd asked in one of the local bookshops if they would be interested in a temporary partnership, nothing big, just a shared project for now, and the employee had called her boss who had actually agreed.

So it was that last weekend of the month where Jungkook wheeled a cart filled with typical spring plants up the street to the bookshop. The same employee who'd called her boss was already waiting for him, having arrived earlier to empty and clean out the showcase window. Together they arranged the showcase window.

The woman - who introduced herself as Lalisa and was nothing but long legs, Jungkook silently thinking he'd never put her as a book worm when just looking at her sportive-elegant style mix and confident presence - putting in guide books to gardening and going into the storage to fetch some coffee table books about flowers. While she was gone Jungkook busied himself putting his flowers inbetween the books and arranging some aesthetic group of a handful of smaller pots. 

Lalisa came back then, long hair in a ponytail now that swayed with every step just like her bangs. Jungkook stared a bit at the kinda childish haircut. He had absolutely no idea how old the woman was. The youthful haircut and shift of demeanor between sweet giggles and dead serious stare made it extremely difficult for him to get a grasp of her. But she was being nice either way so he tried not to think about unnecessary things any longer.

Half an hour later saw them almost finished with the window. Jungkook had to admit the woman was good at it. The window almost looked as pretty as it would had it been done by Jimin.

Yes, he was biased.

Oh right. Jimin.

Jungkook rummaged through his bag and got out the handcrafted sign with the name of his flower shop on it. 'Shabby chic' Jimin had called his idea while applying some kind of paste that cracked almost immediately and made the whole thing look old and weathered. It went extremely well with the miniature birch bench Lalisa had put in, and the old-looking metal watering can.

"Really pretty," the woman agreed too while fastening it on the divide between window area and shop interiour. "Your doing, Jungkook-nim?"

The young florist scratched his head. Smiled upon remembering how excited Jimin had gotten about the whole deal and thrown around design plans immediately.

"Ah, no. Jimin made it for me."

She turned fully towards him with both eyebrows raised.

"Jimin as in Park Jimin?"

Jungkook hummed albeit a bit confused.

"Yeah, why? You know him?"

"Know of him is more like it. Yes. I dance in my freetime."

The florist cocked his head. He felt as if he was missing some essential information for everything to make sense.

"...So?"

She snorted. "Okay I take it you don't dance, then?"

"Why?"

The knowing smirk of her made him think that maybe she wasn't as young afterall. They could actually be same age.

"Because if you would, you would know why 'I dance' explains how I know about him. Everybody who's in the scene in and around town knows him. He is a local celebrity. Especially after getting place three on a national dance competition like two years ago." She gave him a considering look. "Do you really not know?"

Jungkook could just shake his head. Too dumbfounded to find words. No, he'd definitely not known. Of course he knew Jimin was a great dancer but it seems he hadn't known to what an extend.

Lalisa finished putting the last pieces into place - among them a few discreetly placed business cards of Jungkook's - and climbed out of the window a few minutes later. Then she went over how they would book the earnings and in which intervalls her boss had said to put aside the money for Jungkook while leading him out of the shop and closing up. As they were about to bid goodbyes, Jungkook bowing in thanks once again, she fidgeted around.

"Is something the matter?"

"Uhm."

She actually blushed. Making her look incredibly young and dammit, maybe Jungkook had to re-evaluate her possible age again.

"Actually, if you meet him, could you ask him for an autograph? Park Jimin, I mean?"

Jungkook's brain short-circuited. That was a first. He wetted his lips. 

Ohmygod, am I actually dating and living with a celebrity? What the .

"Uh, yeah, sure I guess..."

And it seemed like she'd just waited for her cue because instantly her eyes lit up and she fumbled with her bag and pulled out a worn book.

"Cool! Can you give this to him for signing? Just on the first page, thank you," she chirped.

"...sure."

Reluctantly Jungkook took the book and stuffed it in his own bag. Once he looked up Lalisa was already three blocks away and waving goodbye.

The whole way back to his flower shop Jungkook only partly concentrated on not pushing the empty cart into people. He was not sure what to make out of everything.

 

"Jungkookie, welcome home! How did it go? Happy with your spring theme window?" 

The smell of some delicious sweetness hit Jungkook like a wall together with a happy Jimin as he opened the front door. 

Jimin pulled back a bit to have a better look at him and Jungkook noticed him holding a spatula with some transluctent liquid running down and coating the elder's hand. Almost as an afterthought Jungkook leaned down to give him a welcome peck.

"Yeah, I think so? You seem to have a fan though."

"Huh?"

Jimin looked absolutely adorable how he stood there in the middle of the hallway, early afternoon light casting a golden glow on him, oversized sweater engulfing him, spatula still raised and dripping, him sporting a positively lost expression. Gosh, he was perfect. So adorable Jungkook wanted to die.

He shook his head to put his thoughts straight. Saw Jimin's lips forming a pout. Straight-ish.

"The employee there seemed to know you just from me saying your first name because apparently 'she dances'."

Jimin made a small 'ah' sound and then shook his head with a fond smile. As if it actually was no news to him. As if it had happened a thousand times already. Jungkook felt a little betrayed.

"And she wants an autograph from you. In her book."

"Okay."

"O-Okay?"

A giggle this time. "Yeah, okay. I'll sign her book. But not now, as you can see I am in no condition to touch any kind of paper. So could you be a sweetheart and put it on the coffee table?"

"I'm always a sweetheart," Jungkook grumbled while doing as told. Jimin heard from where he was going back to the kitchen and laughed, a free sparkly sound. Jungkook smiled.

After properly undressing, removing his watch and going through all the little steps to officially arrive home Jungkook took a seat in the kitchen. He'd learned the hard way that when Jimin started cooking without him it meant he wanted to do it alone and would not accept help.

"So, how famous are you really?"

The older snorted. "I'm not."

"You clearly are! How come I never noticed?"

Jimin was standing with his back to him as he stirred the stuff in the pot, making it difficult for the younger to read him.

"Probably because you got to know me not too long ago. I wasn't always a dance teacher, I used to be a rather active dancer myself but, well."

There was a little shake of head and Jimin was still not looking at him. It made Jungkook wonder how much pain and remorse Jimin was currently pushing down. He got up to wrap his arms around the smaller from behind. Giving him the privacy he needed yet at the same time providing silent comfort as he propped his chin on Jimin's shoulder and slightly pressed against his back. There were a few shaky breaths before Jimin continued.

"I became a dance teacher afterwards. So I am kinda retired, as teaching is less intense than doing it yourself. It's been a while, I didn't think people still remember me and- ah, it's no big deal, really. It's nothing."

The way he shrugged it of was unsettling.

"Hyung," Jungkook nudged his still cold nose against Jimin's nape, making him yelp. "You are an incredible dancer. That's a fact. I know, I've seen you dance. I just didn't know you've been doing it publicly a lot. But you deserve all the recognition in the world for it. I was surprised by the whole autograph thing but that doesn't mean you don't deserve it. You are amazing. Okay?"

Jimin let himself sink into the embrace and hummed.

"Okay."

 


Eating was cool. Great even.

Especially if it tasted good but Jungkook was not all that picky. And the cherry on top was if he could eat with Jimin together.

However there was a huge difference between eating and eating in public. As in, food made by others. Or to be more precise, eating in a restaurant. That was not cool, not at all. It was scary. Because the young florist was still really really bad at making eye contact with waiters.

Across from him Jimin was cooing at him and whispering praises under his breath. He knew how much the younger struggled with socializing, had gotten to know him when he'd been barely able to greet his customers properly. He was without a doubt aware of what kept Jungkook uneasy. Yet he had dragged him to this kinda fancy Indian restaurant.

Jungkook had tried to talk him out of it, oh, he had tried, but his boyfriend had insisted. Wanted to celebrate Jungkook's first ever business partner, to treat him with some amazing food.

Waiting for their waiter to return with the drinks and take their meal orders had the florist on edge. God, the man must've been thinking him a rude, uncultured brute with him not making eye contact and first inaudibly mumbling, then spitting out his order while not even turning his head in the waiter's direction. His cheeks were flaming hot, surely sporting a deep crimson shade.

"Jimin," he whisper-shouted, "Jimin, for god's sake, I don't have a slightest idea what to order and he will be back any second, what do I do?"

The older looked up from his menu with all the warmth of the world in his eyes as he reached out a hand to squeeze Jungkook's left.

"Don't worry, I can take care of the starters and dessert. I've been here a few times and promise it'll taste delicious." He inclined his head. "Do you wanna go spicy or mild today?"

Jungkook gave himself maybe a total of five seconds to ponder about the question while glancing around for their waiter. He was exiting the kitchen with their drinks and coming their way. Dear Lord.

"Uhm. Mild?"

He didn't wanna embarass himself even further. The thing with Indian food was you couldn't be sure how spicy it was exactly when they wrote 'spicy' on the menu. If its was still edible with just a slight burn or more like burning its way through one's throat. No, 'spicy' in an upper-end restaurant with most tables filled could go wrong in many many ways. Jungkook was already getting head game playing.

Jimin nodded and skimmed through the menu, unaware of the inner turmoil he'd just set off in the younger.

"Okay how about sabzi korma? I know you love your beef and this dish is vegetarian but I promise it tastes really really good. A little sweet, and has a beautiful colour by the way. It's actually one of my favourites here."

Jungkook gave a jerky nod.

The waiter was here.

Sh*t.

"One mango lassi and one lychee nectar, here you go, gentlemen" The bevarages were placed in front of them and the waiter - a brown-haired man in his fourties with some hint of beard - got out his writing pad. "Are you ready to place your meal orders or would you like more time to look into the menu?"

"Thank you, we are good to go," Jimin chirped. All the social butterfly.

It looked so easy when he did it. How he easily made eye contact with the waiter and gave a radiaint smile. Jungkook was only a little jealous, mostly happy for the older that he didn't have the same problem as him.

"We'll take the alu tikki, khumbi pakoras and bhatura for starters, then for me the lamb kashmiri and for the other gentleman sabzi korma. And for dessert some kaju barfi, please. That would be all, thank you~"

Jungkook watched with something close to amazement how his boyfriend rattled down all these dishes, their foreign names sounding beautiful coming from him. he also wondered for a moment how they should even manage to eat all of this - whatever it was, until remembering that eating up had never been an issue for them.

The waiter nodded along while scribbling down the orders. Jimin closed his menu and reached it to him, Jungkook seing it as his cue to copy the action. The waiter  silently nodded in his direction too before heading off to the kitchen again. Jungkook gave the older a small smile. Thankful he didn't have to say anything this time. Appreciated Jimin's thougthfulness of ordering for him. The soft smile he got in return was the sweetest thing in the world.

They made some small talk while waiting for their first entry, Jimin updating the younger on the latest adventures of his protegées ATEEZ and all the dumb stuff they did when they thought he couldn't see. With each passing minute Jungkook relaxed more, finally getting somewhat comfortable the longer they were unbothered by a waiter.

When he made his appearance with their starters Jungkook was convinced he was carrying food for at least two tables because there was no way this was all for them. 

Turned out he was wrong.

The man unloaded heverything until the table was filled, half of the space taken up by a tray with twelve small bowls of sauces and dips. Twelve. As in two times six. Jungkook gulped. Was that a joke?

The waiter pointed at all of the bowls and named what's inside but after the third sauce Jungkook had already zoned out. Only remembered the clear brown one was spicy and the thick white one was something with yoghurt. 

Screw this.

Jungkook would eat his way through all of them. And then rank them.

He told Jimin as much as soon as the waiter left them alone again. The older was all in for it.

Before Jungkook had tried even half of the sauces their main dishes arrived in pretty copper bowls, one big bowl of steaming rice separately. It was a struggle to get everything on the small table for two but they somehow managed.

Three spoons into his dish Jungkook was torn. One one hand he savoured a meal with some good meat and was not big on going vegetarian. Which made him hesitant to admit to himself - and Jimin - it actually tasted amazing. On the other hand he loved Jimin. Whether or not to admit defeat?

In the end it was no difficult question really.

"Hyung, you were righh. Wiff if dope!"

Others might've judged Jungkook for speaking with his mouth full and spraying rice on the table but he didn't care. He had to eat. Faster. More. God, this was the best curry - wait, was it curry? Where did Indian food start to classify as curry and where did it end? - he'd ever had. And that without any meat. He greedily shoveled more into his mouth.

Jimin giggled. His cheeks bunched up in that familiar manner where his eyes disappeared into crescent slits. Peak adorableness.

"Told ya."

 

Together they managed to clear every single plate and bowl on the table in no time. When they waiter returned and stacked all of their dirty dishes he looked nothing short of impressed. Jungkook felt smug. Then he remembered they were still to get dessert. He groaned.

"What," Jimin asked with an underlying tone of concern.

"We are not done eating yet," the younger whined while carefully patting his full stomach.

The older rolled his eyes.

"It's gonna be fine. You'll love it."

"If I'm gonna puke it'll be your fault, and yours only."

"Uhum sure."

Cue waiter arriving with a stacked plate, cue Jungkook dropping his head and awkwardly staring holes in the table until he left. And then-

"Ohmygod. It's silver!"

Jimin hummed. Grapped one of the - Jungkook had no clue what it was. Held it up in front of Jungkook's mouth.

"No."

"Come on, say 'ah'."

"No way."

"Say 'ah' if you love me."

Jungkook gaped. Tried to process the words. Jimin shoved the sweet into his slightly open mouth and grinned a little mischievous.

"There you go, now chew and tell me it tastes like heaven."

Left without an other option, Jungkook obligued while glancing around if anyone had seen him getting fed. And holy sh*t.

"It tastes like heaven."

That wasn't even a lie.

Jimin looked extremely satisfied with himself and the world as he leaned back in his chair and popped one of the treats into his own mouth.

"I know. Happy first business partnership, Jungkookie."

 


It was the night before his Finals and Jungkook was officially loosing his sh*t.

"Ohmygod. What if I forget everything?!" 

His hair was pointing in all direction from the constant pulling and ruffling as he was crouched over his notes.

Jimin was next to him, running a soothing hand up and down his back which sadly didn't help at all. Not this time.

"Honey, you won't forget, you studied so long for this and more importantly understand all of this stuff. So even if you forget you'll be able to deduce what they'll want to know. But you won't. Forget, I mean. There is no way, you even started talking in your sleep the past few days and what you've been mumbling there made actual sense to me when I woke up and listened and asked you questions. Do you hear me? Even in your sleep you can answer the questions. Literally."

"But what if I forget my student ID? Or the date? What if I forget the alphabet? Jimin, what if I forget my name?!"

"Now you're being dramatic."

A high-pitched whine clogged up Jungkook's throat.

"No, no, I'm dying!"

His breathing accelerated as he pictured all the possibilities of how he could fail tomorrow. There were so many. His mind had the very unpleasant habit of getting creative for picturing his own demise and it was driving him mad. 

He could panic and temporarily forget the way to the school building. Or not find the right room. Or oversleep the alarm and be too late. Or vomit over the exam sheets. Or his pens all could break or run out of ink on the same day. Gosh, did he already check if he had enough spare pens? Maybe he should add a few more... maybe ten more would do. Did they even own that many? What if he had a blackout? What if his eyesight got super bad overnight and he couldn't read the tasks?

Jungkook could feel his hands grow clammy while numbness spread through his body.

"I-I think I need some air."

He stumbled out of the room almost tripping and faceplanting. Jimin was calling something after him but he was already out of the door, heading who-knows-where. 

 

It wasn't long until he found himself in a bar. Which was weird because he didn't drink. Apparently pre-exam Jungkook had forgotten he didn't like alcohol.

Jungkook had literally no clue what he was driking but it burned in his throat and the burn was good.

"Young man, what do you think you're doing one day before your finals?"

The voice sounded vaguely familiar. After a while Jungkook succeeded to turn his head and found himself face to face with his prof Seokjin.

"Oh crap."

"Language," the elder scolded.

But Jungkook just shook his head. "No, I'm not at my exams yet. I don't want to see teachers, why am I seing teachers? Am I hallucinating? Can I hallucinate about something else please? Go away I'm off the school clock."

"Wow okay rude. I came to sit with you and grace you with my presence and that's how you greet me?"

The alcohol was doing a good job of blasting away all of Jungkook's inhibitions for he said, "How many people are there in the world?"

Seokjin pulled out his phone.

"7,577,130,400 people," he read.

Jungkook nodded.

"Okay. So the world population is 7,577,130,400 people in case someone," he glanced directly at the elder, "started feeling way too important."

There was an offended gasp and a smack to his head that got Jungkook's face almost smashing his drink.

"7,577,130,399 people. And me!" Seokjin pointed at himself. "You better feel thankful for me sparing you my freetime, insolent brat. Yah!"

Jungkook snorted so hard his drink came spraying out of his nose and threw him in a coughing fit. 

Seokjin leaned back as far as he could without falling from the stool.

"That... that was disgusting."

Jungkook rubbed over his face and slowly calmed down. Face dripping until he found some napkins and all but shoved them in his face.

"Are you even allowed to talk with me off clock? And right before exams? Won't you loose your job if someone finds out?"

The teacher shrugged.

"Win. Lose. I don't care because at the end of the day I still have this face so who's the real winner here?"

Jungkook snorted again and almost got his second coughing fit within five minutes.

"Wow you really ate self-esteem with table spoons didn't you?"

"If I can, in contrast to most people, afford to brag about my beauty then why shouldn't I?"

The younger shook his head, exams and drink forgotten. 

"You really are something else."

"Thanks."

"That wasn't a compliment."

"I'll take it as one nonetheless and there is nothing you can do about it. Brat."

The bickering went back and forth for a while longer, Jungkook finally relaxing until Seokjin very much dragged him out of the bar and told him to go the to sleep so he wouldn't fall asleep during exams and fail them.

"I'll disown you if you fail," he called after the retreating figure that was Jungkook. "Do you hear me? If you fail despite taking up my awesome additional courses then I'll feel personally offended and come after your a**!"

Coming home Jungkook went straight to bed and collapsed, sleep finding him the moment his body hit the matress. No distressing thoughts keeping him up any longer. The playful banter with his teacher had soothed his nerves a great deal.

Maybe he wouldn't die tomorrow.

 


"Did you remember to hang up a sign that the shop is closed today?"

"Yes, hyung."

"Did you pack the nuts 'n' berries mix? Nuts are good for thinking..."

"Yes."

"...and the smoothie I made you? You need to stay hydrated-"

"Hyung, with all due respect, if you ask me one more question Imma explode," Jungkook sighed.

Jimin was flitting around for more than half an hour now. And it was doing nothing to mentally steel Jungkook for battle. He appreciated the fussing, yes, but it was getting too much.

"Sorry," Jimin mumbled. Shuffling his feet and pouting. Looking so damn cute, Jungkook wanted to kiss the pout off his lips. Wait no he didn't have time for kisses. Not today. Dammit!

He sighed again. Opted for pulling the other in a brief yet no less loving hug.

"It's okay, don't worry. I'm not gonna die."

Probably.

 

Jungkook aced his exams. 

 

"I told you so! God, I told you, I'm so f-ing proud-"

Jimin was a huge mess, crying big ugly tears as he held Jungkook in a bone-crushing hug. Which confused the younger a great deal because it wasn't Jimin who had written the exams, yet he was so emotional, so happy for him. He couldn't remember when's been the last time someone had been that empathetic for him. It pulled at a few dozen of his heartstrings and all he could do was reciprocate the hug.

Jungkook himself was still in a daze. The fact he'd passed the exams and that he now had a marketing degree under his belt had yet to settle in so for now he contented himself with calming down the older. It was bizarre.

After a while Jimin calmed down enough to pull back from their hug and beam up into Jungkook's face through glistening tears. Tiptoed to place a kiss on his lips.

"Congratulations," he murmured against Jungkook's mouth. Pressed the word into his skin, warm, assuring, loving.

"I have prepared something for you."

His mouth travelled down Jungkook's neck, then up again to give a slight tug to his earlobe. A hand coming up to caress the younger's cheek. Then he detached his plump lips from him and both hands down Jungkook's arms until he could take his bigger hands in his own smaller ones. And tipped back his head to gaze up to the younger with so much love swimming in his eyes it took Jungkook's breath away. Jimin never failed to amaze him.

"Wait for me on the attic?"

Jungkook hummed. Was reluctant to let go of the radiaint warmth that was Jimin but obligued.  

He trudged up the stairs to what used to be his comfort place. Not anymore. He hadn't been up there for a while. Jimin was his comfort place now. 

Despite him having not set a foot in here for weeks and months the space was spotless. No dust, no dead bees and flies lying around, no spiderwebs. There was a new addition though, one he hadn't been aware of. At the far end of the attic there was a big stereo with speakers in each corner of the room. One of the golden sunrays filtering through the roof windows fell directly onto the expensive thing. 

Jungkook took an educated guess what was about to happen. The excitement was there in an instant and hit him like a train. Set his skin prickling as he waited for Jimin to join him up here.

The older didn't take long. Jungkook was still rooted to the spot somewhere near the door when Jimin entered the room aswell. He wore a sheer white blouse, the fabric flowing around his body and giving view to his toned stomach in the sunlight. His strong legs were wrapped in tight black trousers, feet bare. The contrast was beautiful. Jimin was beautiful. The way he stood in a sunray and basked in the light like some ethereal being. Glowing.

Before Jungkook could stop himself he'd closed the gap to his boyfriend and pushed his hands under the chiffon to wrap around Jimin's waist. It almost felt like a sin to touch Jimin when he looked like that.

"You're exquisite," he breathed. Watched the blush rising to Jimin's cheeks with amazement.

He stayed like this for a bit and just took in the sight before taking back a step and clearing his throat.

"Where do you want me to go?"

Jimin guided him to the middle of the room and gave a light press to his shoulders. 

"Here. Sit here."

Both of their voices were but a whisper in the serene atmosphere.

Jimin's feet barely touched the ground as he made his way to the stereo. He set it up with his back to the younger, quiet voice floating through the air.

"I told you I would dance for you again once it's unlikely for me to freeze my a** off up here. Winter is gone now. And you deserve a reward."

He pushed a few more buttons.

"This piece is called "Where the light goes" by Josh Kramer. It's one of my current favourites."

With that he took position right under a sunray.

An angel, the most pure being. That was what Jimin became when he started to move to the music. To the soft piano, to the cello sounds. Bending and twisting, twirling, flowing all around Jungkook. Taking up every bit of space with his radiant presence. Dancing around Jungkook as if he was his center, his anchor.

In that moment everything was perfect. The world made sense. Everything fit like puzzle pieces, the pearly light floating music, the golden sunrays, Jimin in his fluttering white blouse, his fluid movements, the calm expression on his face.

Round and round he danced, spun and leapt into the air. Feet barely touching the ground. Everything about his dance, about him was graceful. As if the laws of physics didn't abide to him. Another jump into the air that lasted longer than it should be possible. Jimin just hanging high in the air, floating, flying. Effortlessly so. His face showed no sign of effort or exhaustion.

On nimble feet he crossed space and danced around Jungkook, weaving in and out of the sunlight. As if he'd never done anything else. Easy like breathing air. That's what Jimin was. Sun-kissed air. A feather-light whisper in the sky.

It was easily the most captivating thing Jungkook had ever seen.

The song ended and Jimin came to a halt right in front of the younger. Chest heaving now as they locked eyes and just stared. Jungkook stretched out his hands to hold Jimin's face with a tenderness as if he were the most delicate thing. Jimin smiled at him and slowly leaned back, pulled Jungkook with him until he laid on the floor and the younger was hovering above him. His breath went ragged now as the dancer took his time to calm down.

Jungkook leaned down and nosed along the older's temple, then placed light kisses everywhere he could reach.

"Thank you," he rasped. Was still moved to his core by Jimin's performance. If he shut his eyes he could still see him dancing, the movements flashing behind his lids.

"Thank you."

For he didn't take this for granted. This, Jimin, everything. Never would.

Jimin smiled up at him and hooked his arms around the younger's neck.

"Congratulations, Jungkookie," he repeated his words from earlier.

In the background the next slow piece started playing as they laid there on the ground, the sunlight warming Jungkook's back.

Beautiful.

 

"Okay, I actually have a four-step plan to celebrate your graduation," Jimin revealed later that night when they were both snuggled against each other in bed and waiting for sleep to claim them.

Jungkook turned his head around and gave him a lazy quirk of his eyebrow.

"Oh?"

"Uhum." Jimin nodded and held up four fingers.

"Dancing for you was step one."

One finger went down.

"Giving you your gift tomorrow will be step two."

Another finger.

"Then I'll treat you. Don't worry, delivery this time. I already know what and if you know yourself as well as I do then maybe you will figure it out too."

"...Okay?"

The third finger.

"And lastly you can make a wish. I'll try my best to fullfill it."

Jimin lowered his hand, rolled around and swung a leg over Jungkook, so he could pull himself up and lay on top of the younger with chin perched on his chest.

"Any ideas?"

The light from a distant streetlamp caught in Jimin's eyes as he blinked up to Jungkook. The younger hummed. His hands got a securing grip around the olders hips and he started drawing idle circles on the soft skin there.

"Let's get up early tomorrow and go to the meadow out of town to watch the morning dew and the sunrise there."

Jimin sighed and wiggled his hips a bit before making eye contact again. 

"That was quick. Have you been planning on it for longer?"

"Yeah, actually," the younger admitted. "I've wanted to do that for a while now but I always forgot or was too lazy to pull through or whatever. But I feel like tomorrow could be the day. What do you say?"

"It sounds super sappy. I love it. Let's do it."

They both grinned.

"Okay I need to adjust my alarm then." Jungkook reached for his phone on the night stand. 

Jimin just hummed.

"Hey, don't fall asleep on top of me."

Jimin giggled and stayed where he was. Jungkook couldn't even be mad. He was such a goner.

 

They managed to leave the bed on time. When they arrived at the meadow the first light of the day was touching all the tiny water droplets and made it look like a treasure chest had been emptied on the ground. Everything was glistening and twinlking like diamonds. The atmoshere was calm, the air clear yet wet. In the distance there were some deer browsing.

Jungkook got out a picnic blanket and slowly to not disturb the waking animals they got comfy and watched the day unfold. Jimin pressed against his side and the both of them feeding each other snacks with minimal movements. 

A pretty dreamscape, that's what it was.

 

Jungkook's eyelids were heavy with sleep for the rest of the day. He didn't regret anything. One of his customers even said he was glowing from the inside. It was a good day, a really really good day.

 

He came home to Jimin almost bouncing off the walls.

"Welcome home Jungkookie!"

"I'm home." Jungkook barely had time to plant a homecoming kiss on Jimin's cheek before the older was skitting off again. "Okay how many coffees did you have?"

"Three," Jimin chirped from the living room before darting to the other end of the house.

Jungkook groaned.

"God help me."

Then within a second Jimin materialized in front of him with a wrapped up box.

"Here is your gift!"

He beamed up at him with loud voice and smile.

"Uh, thank you."

"Open it, open it, open it!"

"Okay, okay."

Some struggles with the paper and impatient huffs from Jimin's end later The Unwrapping was done.

"Wow, that's- is that a blender?"

"Yes~ you said you thought about getting one and we are doing more cooking now so I got you one. Wanna test it out?"

Jungkook could feel excitement bubble up in him too.

"Yeah, sure! That's awesome. Thank you!"

Now they were both at the same wave-length and switched into over-eager child mode.

Jungkook stuffed random things in the blender; berries, a peeled banana, cookies.

"Here. This too."

Jimin handed him a tomato.

Lid on top, switch on, and off it went.

"Whoa, that's so cool!"

 

Not soon after - they'd drank their digusting first ever shake grudgingly - the doorbell went off and Jimin took delivery for their dinner.

"According to Just Eat these are the best lamb scewers in town," he declared proudly while setting up the food at the coffee table.

Jungkook's eyes went big as saucers at the sheer amount of food. And his favourite on top of that.

"I love you."

Jimin giggled.

"I know~"

They obliterated everything before the first movie of their Maze Runner marathon had even ended.

 

Jimin leaned against the door frame to their kitchen and gave him the most judging look ever.

"You know, I somehow think maybe it wasn't a good idea to get you that blender."

Jungkook looked up from his glass of liquid toast.

"I don't know what you mean."

 


The next time Yoongi paid his shop a visit, Jungkook was indeed wearing the black bucket hat he'd gotten from the elder, together with a black sweater and black combat boots.

This time Yoongi didn't come alone.

"Oh my gosh," Hoseok squealed as his eyes flitted back and forth between the two.

"That's so cute! You look like a mini version of Yoongs. Except, you're bigger."

Both men in black groaned, Jungkook because he was already starting to feel a headache from the loud chipper tone and Yoongi because, well...

"Stop making fun of my height if you don't want to get blue-balled for the rest of the month."

Hoseok gasped dramatically.

"You would never!"

"Try me."

This made Jimin who'd been in the back to re-decorate the Flower of the month display belly-laugh so hard he almost fell from the stepladder. Jungkook was quick to rush to his side and steady him until Jimin caught himself again.

"Wow, you have such a nice little shop here," Hoseok exclaimed loudly.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows. Nice little shop, my a**.

"Go away."

"What, why? Oh, hi Jimin."

Yoongi perked up at that and turned to where Jimin was approaching them with a strained smile. He stretched out a hand.

"Nice putting a face to the name. I've heard a lot about you, about time to officially meet you. Min Yoongi."

Jimin took the offered hand after a spilt-second of hesitation.

"Park Jimin but you already know that. And I can't say the same about you, about having heard about you but you probably know that too."

"Yeah this is weird," Jungkook mumbled.

Hoseok shifted from one foot to the other.

Then Jimin's expression turned teasing. "So you are the one responsible for my boyfriend hating on all clothes that are not funeral-shade black lately, huh?"

Yoongi threw his head back and laughed.

"Yep, that would be me I guess."

From that point onwards they miraculously managed to strike up a proper conversation that escalated only a little once Hoseok started gushing about his personalized Nutella jar with 'J-Hope' written on it and Jungkook saw his chance to throw shade. 'Nutella? Seriously? Do you know what an evil concern this is, what bad they are doing the planet? Gosh, I hate you. ing capitalist.' - 'No I don't know, tell me! What could possibly be so bad about it?' - 'Oh you bet I will.'

Hoseok made it out alive no thanks to his big mouth. Jungkook was still glaring daggers after him and Jimin was hunched over laughing so hard his sides and whole face hurt.

 

The couple was back the next day, Hoseok bringing a whole list of counter arguments he had looked up overnight. The florist was fuming. He would do the same thing tonight so tomorrow he could be more prepared. After a while Yoongi pulled Jimin aside without the bickering duo noticing.

"Let's leave the kids alone. Now tell me, how's it going?"

 

Two days later Jungkook's shop was crammed with people and their too big personalities when Yoongi and Hoseok managed to visit at the same time as Jungkook's favourite boy.

"Wait, you are you bouquet man?", the boy asked with both curiosity and disdain.

"I'm what now?!"

Jungkook facepalmed.

 


Jungkook had followed what he'd learned about marketing and advertised his special event for children's day.

So on the fifth of May there were actually quite a few mothers coming with their children in tow and gave them in the care of Jungkook who showed them how to dye roses without killing them on a work table he'd gotten in the shop just for that.

The kids were excitedly bouncing as they watched the flowers gradually changing their colour due to the food dye infused water. And once he showed them how to make rainbow roses with cutting into the stem and putting the ends in differently coloured water they completely lost it.

Parents and spontaneous customers were watching fromt the sidelines each time Jungkook went through the demonstration. Random questions about flowers were thrown in by them and Jungkook felt very proud as he could answer all of them.

He made a lot of money that day and more importantly, got himself a lot of potential regulars. He should do events like this more often. No matter how socially draining. Because it was also fun. He admitted as much to Jimin who just grinned and said 'Told you so.'

 

The consequence from Jungkook's successful launch of flower DIY events was that other florists remembered he existed. And they were set on throwing stones in his way. It must've been them because the non-stop calls from telemarketers only started after children's day.

"Is it possible to set telemarketers on someone? Like assassins, just on the phone?," Jungkook mused back home.

Jimin shrugged. 

"I don't know. If so, then the other florists are all a**holes."

His phone went off again. Jungkook groaned.

"Please no..."

Jimin took the phone and held it in his hand as it kept ringing and vibrating.

"Is it the same number all the time?"

Jungkook hummed. "Yeah. After the first time I haven't picked up anymore."

"Okay." 

Jimin pressed the green button and switched on the speaker function.

"Hello and welcome to 93.5 BT Radio, you are on the air!"

There was a moment of crackling silence on the other end.

"Uhm, excuse me, what?" a woman asked.

"Ah, sadly that was the wrong answer, I'm sorry to say." Jimin did not sound sorry at all. "If you'd answered with 'BTS we are one' you would have gotten the free ticket. But now you are going in the city battle. Hang in there, we'll just have to check the lines to determine against whom you'll have to play..."

"Wait, radio?"

Jimin hummed. "Yes? Didn't you call for our exclusive Dream concert ticket prize game?"

"Uh, no. Wait, on air?"

"Yes, you're on air as we speak."

Another pause. 

Then the loud beeping tone of someone hanging up.

Jimin cackled and hung up too while Jungkook laid on the couch and just stared with his mouth hanging open.

"...You really are something else."

 


With his business going exceptionally well and Finals becoming a distant memory with every passing day Jungkook felt relaxed enough to tend to his own garden. Not that he hadn't done so before - he always took care of his babies - but now he felt good enough to try out new stuff. 

So after fending to his three seasons garden he got up and took a deep breath.

"Okay, alright," Jungkook mumbled to himself and clapped his hands. "Let's get to business. To defeat, the huns." 

He snorted at his own antics, then went to get the stuff he needed from the shed.

As Jimin got home it was to the sight of the lawn at the back being sprinkled with soil and his boyfriend standing knees-deep in a freshly dug hole.

"Uh, honey, you okay?"

Jungkook wiped the sweat off his face with a dirty glove, only belatedly realizing this was a dumb idea and that he now probably looked worse than before.

"Yeah, I'm great. Wanna try out planting rainbow hydragenas this year."

He beamed up at the other.

"Okay... do you need a hand?"

"Sure!"

Jungkook was still grinning. Trying out new stuff in his garden was so damn uplifting!

"Alright, just give me five minutes to change into my dirt clothes."

 

Later that day they were helping each other wash off the stubborn dirt that had managed to get under the gloves. And it felt so damn domestic. Emotions struck Jungkook out of literal nowhere as he marvelled at what he had. A year ago he wouldn't have dreamed of standing in the bathroom with the love of his life and washing each others hands.

Jimin noticed the silver lining his eyes and halted.

"Hey, you okay?"

There was so much warmth and concern in his voice. It only added to the messy knot in Jungkook's chest.

"Yeah, everything's perfect. You're perfect," the younger choked out.

Jimin blushed and resumed his task of scrubbing Jungkook's hands.

"Sap."

 

The next day they walked hand in hand, the air around them humming with spring.

They came to the junction where their ways parted, Jimin turning left for his dance studios and Jungkook following the road. Jungkook pulled the older in for a goodbye kiss, right there, right under the almond tree that was now in full bloom and spreading its sweet delicate fragrance. His eyes flickered up to the white flowers and then back to Jimin. And he was struck with the sudden realization that their love was blooming just as beautiful.

 

~Ende~

 


*squints at the 16k wordcount*

well this was fun.

this story took off without me a few times ngl. I never planned to make jimin a local celebrity, that just happened on its own. and you can probably tell i am very passionate about dancer jimin lol.

(did they have after Jimin danced on the attic? Probably. I'll leave it to you. In my imagination they totally did but I want to keep this whole series fluff without mature content.)

I hope you guys had a good time reading, lmk what you think and Happy Belated New Year!

 

-Lena