Cling

Rumor Has It (Rosé x Suzy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jennie has been acting strange lately.

 

And by strange, Rosé meant extra clingy to her.

 

 

 

Still not strange enough?

 

 

 

Okay fine, Jennie’s been following her everywhere.

 

The main vocalist didn’t know the reason behind the rapper’s actions, since she isn’t exactly the type to comprehend people’s behavior very easily. However, Jennie has reached the point where she’s already...concerning.

 

As a matter of fact, Jennie’s been doing this to her for the past three days.

 

The first day was when she came back from the salon.

 

The moment Rosé entered their shared apartment, she was greeted by a sulking Jennie in front of her.

 

“Hi unnie, where are the others?”

 

Jennie answered coldly. “Out.”

 

 

The younger however, didn’t mind the tone, “I see, how are you? Did you eat yet?” she asked. “I bought Japanese takeout.” Rosé announced happily, raising her bag of food till it’s in Jennie’s eye level. “It’s Yakitori! Your favorite!”

 

“And where did you get that?”

 

 

“Oh, the owners were kind enough to let us take it home for free.”

 

 

“Us?” Jennie repeated, raising one eyebrow.

 

 

With this, Rosé suddenly grew nervous. How was she supposed to explain that she went out with THE Bae Suzy!?

 

 

“Oh uh...I- I was out with a friend.”

 

 

Silence.

 

 

“I’m going back to sleep.” the elder declared, turning her back from the younger, walking to her room.

 

Rosé blinked. Jennie never refused a yakitori. “H-huh? What about your— unnie?!”

 

The main vocalist’s voice faded into the background as the rapper closed the door to her room. She then hid under the covers of her bed, suddenly feeling a whirlwind of unexplained bitterness within her.

 

Just then, Jennie heard her bedroom door open and the sound of footsteps fill her room.

 

“Unnie?”

 

She didn’t answer.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t ask permission to enter...I’m- I’m worried about you.”

 

Jennie, still stubborn as ever, did not answer.

 

Suddenly, she felt her bed dip behind her as Rosé sat on it. “Unnie...I’m sorry please? Please talk to me...”

 

......

 

“Unnie please, I miss y—ooof”

 

 

Rosé was cut off when Jennie suddenly got up and tackle hugged her.

 

 

The latter sighed happily, feeling herself relax in the warm embrace of the former and closed her eyes.

 

 

 

 

“I miss you too...”

 

 

 

 

Jennie never let go of her since.

 

 

The second and third day weren’t any better. Things were happening so fast and Rosé isn’t catching up. Jennie would wake up at the same time as her, offer to brush their teeth together (they never do this!) go to the company together (even if the rapper didn’t have a schedule), offer to visit Rosé’s photoshoots, all of these done in a span of three days. The only instance where Rosé gets a private time to herself is when she goes to the bathroom to do her business and shower, that’s literally it.

 

Since then, Rosé was determined to get to the end of the issue.

 

xxx

 

“Okay, so according to the director, the scene will start with Jennie and Loren, arguing inside the car...-“

 

The members of blackpink are in their company building at the moment, having a meeting with their manager in one of the recording booths. The reason why they were called in was to discuss the flow of their title track’s music video, ‘Lovesick Girls.’

 

Seated on the chairs are Lisa and Jisoo, with their backs facing their other two members. It is 9 am at present and they are currently listening to whatever their manager was saying, half-awake. Lisa had just arrived in Seoul last night at 1 am from Bangkok due to family matters, while Jisoo went out for karaoke with Nayeon and a bunch of ex trainees. The eldest already reached home at around 2 am.

 

Rosé silently applauded Lisa and Jisoo for their bravery to sit in front like that. Their manager would surely scold them if he catches them unfocused while he was talking.

 

But then again, Rosé should be worrying about herself more, because in reality, she’s the  unfocused one here in all of them.

 

“...-and then we’ve decided that we’ll cover Chaeyoung here, with paint...-“

 

Seated behind Lisa and Jisoo are none other than the rapper and the main vocalist herself, huddled together in the sofa. The sofa was short in length and only around three people can sit on it, but the rapper sure acted like it only fits one person.

 

There were plenty of space but Jennie chose to sit very closely to the main vocalist, with her left leg laying itself on top of Rosé’s right, leaving no gap in between them. Not only that, but that rapper is also resting her head on Rosé’s shoulder, all while holding on to the main vocal’s arms tightly, as if she’s a koala clinging to a tree.

 

As if she’s afraid Rosé would go somewhere else.

 

Rosé’s low-key thankful that their other two members aren’t facing them or their manager isn’t focusing on them right now, because she’s red as hell and she’s trying her best to play it cool by keeping a straight face.

 

The main vocalist thinks that there’s nothing wrong with girls being touchy feely with each other. She’s a clingy person herself so it’s totally normal. Even blackpink themselves and other girl groups can testify that, since they all had their fair share of skinships. However, something inside of Rosé is telling her that this is different, that this isn’t friendly, that if someone catches them or looks at their proximity right now, one would think that it isn’t what friends do at all.

 

And again, it is what’s been troubling her.

 

Jennie is a clingy person but she isn’t usually this level of clingy, so the main vocalist knew that there was a problem.

 

Rosé somehow had an idea but she’s not exactly sure. Living with Jennie for several years now taught her that the rapper only becomes this level of clingy to the people she’s close with, when something is troubling her or when she’s trying to distract herself. Whether it’s Lisa, Jisoo, or her, Jennie would all cling to them simultaneously either way.

 

But the odd part? Jennie is only doing this to Rosé and not to the other members at the moment.

 

The main vocalist considered that there’s been an argument she didn’t know about that’s why Jennie isn’t clinging to Jisoo and Lisa, but later on, she cancelled out the theory of the rapper feuding with the other two members because they were even sharing laughs inside their van while on their way to the company earlier, so no.

 

Another theory of hers that’s been debunked is that, Jennie is fighting with Kai. But then again, she heard Jennie beside her last night conversing with her boyfriend sweetly over the phone.

 

Yes, beside her because, well— Jennie’s been sleeping in her room recently and the aussie couldn’t bring herself to say no.

 

A troubled sigh escapes Rosé. How Jennie is acting is totally unusual and she’s genuinely worried about the rapper. She couldn’t think of any reason why Jennie’s been doing this, so it’s bothering her.

 

The exhale that Rosé let out didn’t go unnoticed by the elder member beside her. Well- clinging to her perhaps would be a better word. Jennie couldn’t really help but hear it due to their distance, so she raised her head from Rosé’s shoulder to get a proper look at the main vocalist.

 

Still very close, Rosé feels the hot brea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter