one last time

INEVITABLE
seulgi steps into the bathtub and lays back, closing her eyes as the warm water relaxes her muscles.
 
it was yet another stressful day for her.
 
stressful in a way that she feels so weak and demotivated.
 
it's eunae's off today, which means she couldn't see joohyun. to make it worse, they had to spend the night in her in-laws to visit eunae's grandma. seulgi used to not care about things like this. she didn't mind wherever eunae pulls her along. as long as they're together--that's what matters.
 
but tonight she feels tired like she's already had enough of it; of everything.
 
there's this feeling inside her chest that wants to get out; wants to be free.
 
and she knows exactly what she needs to do.
 
after the issue with joohyun last time, seulgi swore to herself she'll take action. she's been very considerate of her wife's situation--of eunae's grandma--taking for granted joohyun's feelings.
 
no. she won't let joohyun suffer like that again. she needs to put an end to it. and she needs to do it soon.
 
"boo?" she hears eunae's voice outside the door.
 
"yup. in here," she shouts.
 
the door opens.
 
"hey..." eunae enters and sits on the side of the tub, dipping her fingers into the water. "warm bath on a rainy night?"
 
seulgi smiles. "just relaxing."
 
"mind if i join?"
 
"why are you still asking me that?"
 
"just want to make sure you're not in your alone mode right now." eunae stands up and starts taking her clothes off. "don't want to disturb your brainstorming if you're trying to come up with something."
 
seulgi chuckles and shakes her head. "come on in."
 
after stripping off the last pieces of her clothing, eunae carefully dips into the water and sits on the tub, her back pressing against seulgi's chest.
 
"ahh. this feels good." she slouches, resting her head on seulgi's shoulder. "it has been a long time since we've done this, right?"
 
seulgi hums, hugging her wife back in return. "it's because i still refuse to buy a bathtub for our apartment."
 
eunae giggles. "yeah. you like doing this whenever we visit here, but you never want us to buy one."
 
"it's because it's expensive and it's costly. we don't need to bathe like this every day."
 
"still, it's fun to do it from time to time, don't you think?"
 
"true. that's why we're only doing it here when we visit."
 
eunae chuckles. "you really are frugal, aren't you?"
 
"i'm just merely concerned about our financial standing."
 
eunae sits up and plays with the water. "funny how sounded like miss joohyun just now."
 
and seulgi was speechless.
 
she swallows, thinking if she should tell eunae tonight. maybe she should tell eunae tonight.
 
but she's reminded that they aren't alone in their unit. it would be weird to talk to eunae about divorcing under the roof of her parent's house.
 
that would be a foolish move.
 
seulgi closes her eyes, trying to relax again.
 
yeah. some other time would do.
 
"oh. by the way." eunae turns around to face seulgi. "i'll be covering for a local flight tomorrow."
 
"hm? i thought it's still your off?"
 
"well, one staff had an emergency. they needed someone to cover the available slot. i volunteered because some of my colleagues covered up for me during my emergency leave when grandma got hospitalized."
 
"oh. how long will you be out then?" seulgi asks, thinking she could at least visit joohyun during that window.
 
"the entire morning. i'll be back by evening."
 
"i see. are we still sleeping here tomorrow?"
 
"no. let's just head straight home." eunae reaches for seulgi's hands and intertwines their fingers. "i want us to talk, like spend alone time together. a lot of things happened these past few days with my work and my family. i feel like i haven't been spending much time with you anymore."
 
there it is again, the guilty feeling in her chest. but, no. seulgi has to do it.
 
"sure," she says. "let's head straight home tomorrow."
 
"and because of that..." eunae gently pulls seulgi closer. "why don't we savor this bathtub for now?"
 
seulgi knows what that smirk on her wife's face means. "here? what if your grandma calls for you?"
 
"she won't. she's already asleep."
 
"but we haven't locked the door to your room."
 
"shh. it's okay." eunae kisses seulgi's cheek then her ears. "we're no longer teenagers. they'd understand if we do adult things here."
 
seulgi feels goosebumps on the back of her neck and her arms as eunae continuously peppers her with small kisses.
 
eunae pulls away, intertwining their hands again. she leans back on the other end of the tub.
 
"make love to me tonight?" she says.
 
seulgi doesn't want to do it. but she owes eunae this, given the number of times she declined her wife only because she's not in the mood.
 
and thinking about the heartbreak she'll cause eunae soon...
 
right. one last time before she ends everything between them.
 
that's the least she could do for eunae, after all the things she's done for seulgi all these years.
 
with those thoughts in mind, seulgi hovers over her wife and kisses her like it's their first night together.