feeling better

INEVITABLE
joohyun feels like a baby tonight.
 
she knows it has something to do with seulgi trying to make it up with her. whatever it is, she loves how her soulmate is pampering her right now.
 
seulgi is literally by her side the entire movie night. joohyun loves the feeling that she can snuggle up with her soulmate freely, even with the presence of an audience around them.
 
second, seulgi always makes sure to hold her no matter what. they may part from time to time, but seulgi will always find her way back to joohyun, holding her and just pulling her closer.
 
third, seulgi keeps kissing joohyun's cheek, temple, or head whenever she gets the chance. the simple whispers of "i love you" and "you're beautiful" makes joohyun fall deeper.
 
yes, it was hell for her these past two days after the party. but her soulmate's presence now beside her seems to have erased all the bad memories from that night.
 
it's like it didn't matter anymore. what matters is here and now--that seulgi's there with her, showering her with all the love in the world.
 
joohyun wishes this night won't end.
 
---
 
"s-seulgi... uhhhnn..."
 
joohyun finds herself bucking her hips towards seulgi, her nails digging into her lover's back.
 
she raises her head and the joint between seulgi's shoulder and neck as the cascades of pleasure surges through her body, filling her entire being.
 
it was euphoric.
 
it lasts for a few seconds until she feels it slowing down, her muscles calming along with it.
 
joohyun relaxes on her back and stares blankly at the ceiling. seulgi stays on top of her, wiping the beads of sweat on joohyun's forehead.
 
"i love you," seulgi whispers, kissing joohyun's temple.
 
joohyun closes her eyes and smiles. "was i loud?"
 
"i don't think so."
 
"do you think yerim heard us?"
 
seulgi chuckles. "hey. relax. your sister is an adult now. i bet she knows something like this might happen tonight. that's why she volunteered to sleep on the couch."
 
"but it's still embarrassing..." joohyun bites her fingernail.
 
"she didn't hear you. trust me." seulgi removes joohyun's hand from , pinning it on her side. "you were too silent i missed hearing you moan my name out loud."
 
joohyun giggles. "i love you."
 
seulgi smiles and kisses her on the lips. "how are you feeling now?"
 
"uh. great? why are you asking me that? i just came."
 
"i didn't mean that. i meant, after what happened last thursday, how are you now?"
 
"ahh. that. well, i'm better. much better now."
 
seulgi stares at her for a few seconds. "i'm sorry for what happened."
 
"it's not your fault." joohyun traces her fingers along seulgi's lips. "it's no one's fault."
 
"but you have to know that i want it with you, not with anyone else."
 
"huh? you want what with me?"
 
seulgi gently detaches herself from joohyun to lie on the side, facing the ceiling. "i didn't like the idea of having a kid and starting a family before. i just want to have a partner by my side, you know. but after the topic was brought up, i kinda have played around the idea of maybe having a kid someday. but there's only one person i want to raise it with." she turns to look at joohyun. "it's you."
 
joohyun feels her heart warming up as she stares silently at seulgi. a smile breaks from her face.
 
"it's kind of same for me," she admits. "i never thought about it before, having a kid and stuff. it's not financially wise for me." she chuckles. "but after what happened last thursday, i just thought that maybe it's not a bad idea to have one. and i want it with you too."
 
"do you want to adopt one or try that surrogate thing?"
 
"i don't know yet. maybe let's plan about that once we're ready for it."
 
seulgi hums. "you're right. it's going to be a huge responsibility."
 
"also..." joohyun shifts on top of seulgi. "i want us to focus on each other for now. the kid can wait. let's fix everything first and spend our time alone together."
 
"that sounds like a great plan. besides, i've read that drive decreases once a kid enters the picture."
 
"we wouldn't want that, do we?" joohyun playfully runs her fingers along seulgi's collarbones.
 
seulgi lifts her head. "and what are you up to, woman?"
 
joohyun smirks before leaning into seulgi's ear. "now it's your turn to keep it silent."
 
---
 
"i'm really saddened by this, miss joohyun. but i'm glad you're taking a bigger client now," eunae says. "it only means you're really good at what you're doing."
 
joohyun forces a smile, feeling guilty at how eunae's still nice to her even after telling her about the transfer.
 
"thank you. that's really kind of you," joohyun says. "i felt sad too when i they told me about the reassignment. that's why i made sure i transfer you to the person whom i am sure can help you greatly."
 
"yeah. thanks for referring miss seungwan to me." eunae hands over the papers after signing it. "but i hope you can still join us for dinners if ever?"
 
joohyun inserts the papers into the folder. "yeah. sure. would love to."
 
"and maybe you can bring your soulmate next time? i would love to meet her."
 
joohyun's hand stops. she clears . "um. it depends. she works as a liaison officer and is mostly out of town."
 
eunae covers . "oh. so you don't see each other often?"
 
"about two to three times per week, if she's in town."
 
there was a concerned look on eunae's face. "wow. isn't that tough?"
 
"it's tough." joohyun sighs, arranging the folders again. "i miss her all the time. but yeah, two to three times is better than nothing, right?"
 
"doesn't she have plans of transferring here permanently?"
 
"well, she has plans. but she's looking for the right timing. i'm just letting her take her time because i know it's not that easy for her to quit that job."
 
"i see." eunae nods. "well then, i hope you two will be together soon again."
 
joohyun had a tight-lipped smile. she feels guilty again.
 
"thank you." she puts away the folders and sips her frappe. "how's you and your wife, by the way?"
 
eunae takes her time to answer. "we're okay, i think."
 
"you think?"
 
"i don't know. it's pretty much the same thing for me and seulgi these past ten years. the only difference is, unlike before, we're living together now."
 
joohyun puts her frappe down. "are you saying you're starting to get bored?"
 
"that could be one thing." eunae looks out the window. "i wanted to transfer to jeoche island with my family for a change of environment. but seulgi prefers to stay here."
 
joohyun nods. she's surprised that seulgi never mentioned that to her.
 
"aside from that, she doesn't seem to be as onboard with my plans like before. it's like she has her own thing going on her head lately."
 
"like what?"
 
"it's hard to say." eunae shrugs. "but something's changed with her. like lately, i've noticed how she's often staring blankly into space when we're together. it's like she's with me but her mind's somewhere else."
 
joohyun gulps, looking down.
 
"aside from that, she's visiting temples often now on her own," eunae adds. "there's nothing wrong with that. it's just that i've never known her to be like that before."
 
not knowing what to say, joohyun sips her frappe again.
 
"to be honest, sometimes i feel like seulgi has a secret lover."
 
joohyun almost chokes on her drink. "you think your wife's having an affair?"
 
"i can't say." eunae pouts. "i've never known seulgi to do something like that."
 
"has she been cold towards you lately?"
 
"well, not really. she's still supportive of me. i can still feel her genuine concern for my grandma. for me that says a lot about our relationship."
 
"i hope you don't mind me asking this, but are you guys still... you know... active?" joohyun knows she shouldn't be asking that, but curiosity got the best of her.
 
"not as often as before. but yeah, we still do it," eunae says. joohyun finds herself gripping her cup. "although she doesn't seem to be as eager as before." she sighs. "i don't know, miss joohyun. sometimes i think it's just me, you know. maybe i am overthinking things."
 
"haven't you tried talking to her about it?" joohyun asks, subtly suggesting it. maybe seulgi will find the timing right if it's eunae who would come to her first.
 
"i wanted to, but a lot of things have happened lately. i don't know how to put it into words. i'm worried how she'll take it. i don't want her to think i'm making things up."
 
"are you scared she'll get mad if you ask her about it?"
 
eunae shakes her head. "seulgi won't be mad at me for that. it's asking her if we have a problem that scares me."
 
"what about it?"
 
eunae shifts her position and looks at joohyun with a sad smile. "what if she says there is?"