sleepover party

INEVITABLE
"what? are you serious?" seungwan asks.
 
"i am." joohyun puts the folders on the table. "i really want to transfer eunae's account to you."
 
"but why? won't that affect your commission?"
 
"i don't care about the commission. i just can't do this anymore."
 
seungwan raises an eyebrow. "did something happen at the party last night for you to decide something like that? did eunae find out?"
 
"no. she didn't. but i no longer want to work with her. it makes me feel guilty that i am trying my best to secure her investments, yet here i am ruining her marriage."
 
seungwan nods. "i understand. but how are you going to tell eunae about this?"
 
"i'll just tell her there were changes in the client assignment, and i am handling a bigger client; that's why i need to let her go."
 
"do you think she'd accept it if you transfer her to me?"
 
"yeah. she likes you." joohyun smirks. "she even invited you to her birthday party last night, remember? you just couldn't make it because of your client meeting."
 
seungwan stares at joohyun and senses something off. "are you okay?"
 
"yeah. why do you ask?"
 
"because your eyes seem swollen. have you been crying all night?"
 
at this, joohyun looks away.
 
seungwan's getting bad vibes now. "it's because of seulgi, isn't it?"
 
"no. it's not like that."
 
"tell me what happened then." seungwan stands from her chair, creasing her forehead. "the bae joohyun i know doesn't cry easy. and for you to cry like that, it means something bad happened at the party last night."
 
joohyun presses her lips together, looking helpless.
 
seungwan growls. "if that bear purposely hurt you, i swear i'm gonna smack her right in the face."
 
"seungwan, please don't." joohyun reaches to hold her arm. "it's not like what you're thinking, okay?"
 
"then tell me what exactly happened before i come up with stories in my head."
 
joohyun sighs and gives up. "let's talk after work."
 
---
 
"seungwan unnie!"
 
seungwan just entered the building premise when she sees yerim dashing towards her. "hello, yerim! glad you could come over tonight, huh?"
 
"of course. i wouldn't say no to an invitation from you." yerim's face brightens when she sees the bags seungwan's holding. "wow. are those snacks?"
 
"yup. yours and joohyun's favorites."
 
"are we celebrating something tonight?"
 
"nah. just a little sleepover party. you know, movies, drinks, talks, and stuff."
 
"is seulgi unnie coming over too?"
 
"umm." seungwan clears . she takes her time until they reach the elevator area. "you know what, i called you over because i was hoping we could give joohyun some company tonight."
 
yerim turns to her after pressing the elevator button. "why? did something happen?"
 
"sort of. but i'm sure they'll fix it soon. it's just that joohyun's a bit lonely. and since it's friday, might as well have a party, right?"
 
"right. i also heard from unnie before that you already have a girlfriend. is that true?" yerim smiles as they enter the elevator.
 
seungwan smiles smugly. "yeah. i'll introduce you two later. she'll join us later after her shift at work."
 
"she works this late?"
 
"yeah. she's a veterinarian in the animal hospital nearby."
 
"wow. she's so cool!"
 
"yeah. she really is." seungwan smirks and rearranges her face again. "but before you get too distracted tonight, remember our goal is to make joohyun laugh, okay?"
 
yerim smirks. "count me in."
 
---
 
"so, when are they gonna see each other again?" sooyoung stands beside seungwan in the kitchen, a can of beer in one hand. both of them are looking at joohyun and yerim watching a movie and bantering about the plot.
 
"maybe tomorrow?" seungwan takes a sip of the beer. "when eunae invited me to her birthday, she briefly mentioned she'll be back to work this weekend. i assume that's the window seulgi's waiting for."
 
"hmm. i hope they can fix this soon."
 
"i hope seulgi fixes everything soon. it's just her who needs to do the action, you know."
 
"you know it's not that easy for her."
 
"but how long is going to hurt joohyun like that? joohyun doesn't deserve any of it," seungwan says. "even her wife. i mean, if she's sure about joohyun then it's better they split soon so eunae can start moving on from her."
 
"maybe you're right. but what if things are really meant to happen this way first?"
 
"what do you mean?"
 
"i'm just saying the spirits could be nudging them towards a direction--towards a destination we couldn't see yet," sooyoung explains. "it may look rocky right now for the two of them. but who knows, maybe they are about to reach the end of their struggles."
 
"and they will live happily ever after?"
 
"i can't say. only the spirits know that."
 
"but do you think there is a chance for them to break up?"
 
"no. that's impossible." sooyoung chuckles. "seulgi unnie and joohyun unnie aren't simply lovers. they are soulmates--like us. there's no breaking up when someone finds their soulmate."
 
"so, you're saying that no matter how things get messy, it'll be joohyun and seulgi in the end?"
 
"yes. but it may not happen soon. we don't know that. what we know is we need to be there for joohyun unnie in times like this. i have a feeling this won't be the last, to be honest."
 
seungwan massages her temples. "dammit."
 
"hey. it's okay. joohyun unnie has us. maybe that's what we're here for, to lighten things up for her." sooyoung gestures to the sisters who are still bickering. "i'm thankful you came up with this idea. it seems effective, huh? at least she won't be crying all night again."
 
"of course. you have yourself a smart girlfriend." seungwan taps her chest proudly.
 
sooyoung smiles and leans in. "i'm so proud of you."
 
they were about to kiss but a pillow hits seungwan's head.
 
"hey! no kissing!" yerim shouts. "you do that in your room, okay?"
 
sooyoung and seungwan laugh.
 
"aren't you joining us here? the movie's nice," joohyun says.
 
"we're having fun watching you two fight." sooyoung chuckles.
 
"let's join them?" seungwan gestures to the couch.
 
sooyoung nods. "sure. let's make sure, we party tonight."
 
"right." seungwan turns to the sisters. "alright, ladies, are you ready to get drunk tonight?"