if you're too shy (let me know)

if you're too shy (let me know)
Please log in to read the full chapter

#wenreneArttober

 

Day 8: Sweat

 

 

 

 

Wendy scrunched her nose, grumbling under her breath at the stench of natural body odor, sweat, and the poor quality of air freshener the room is currently suffering in. Dragging her feet heavily along with Joy’s forceful tugs, she looked around trying to find some eye candy (‘cause isn’t that what a gym is for?), but all she saw are buff guys in body-fit shirts and leggings, some even donning neon fits head-to-toe.

 

 

“Come on, Wend! I don’t wanna make Seulgi wait a long time!”

 

 

“Tsk, since when were you in first name basis with your gym instructor?”

 

 

“You don’t want me to answer that,” and another forceful tug that almost made her stumble forward.

 

 

Wendy was reminded of that fateful day when she decided to spite Joy by doing a hundred squats while carrying two 5kg dumb bells in each hand, determined to finish one hundred squats despite the burning in her legs and how her arms felt like lead. She tried to avoid another gym day with Joy by pulling all her muscles that day, earning her a satisfying three day no-gym with a Joy who unhelpfully tried to relieve all her pain by succumbing to her whims; aka numerous, 

 

 

“Hey, can you bring some water?” 

 

 

“Oh God, some tteokbokki sounds good for this evening.”

 

 

“Joy, the rice didn’t cook well. Let’s just order some take out – of course, your treat.”

 

 

– and a lot of ‘Joy, get me this and that’ and ‘blah blah blah’.

 

 

Surprisingly, Joy never bit back but would occasionally roll her eyes and hiss under her breath and she, Wendy Son, would only smile innocently at her.

 

 

Ah.

 

 

Of course, there’s that one occasion when Joy finally had enough.

 

 

It’s not that Wendy can’t walk or anything, it’s just her muscles ache so much even pain reliever isn’t enough to relieve it. So, of course, Joy having the face of a saint and the mind of a devil offered to massage her.

 

 

And who was she to refuse that.

 

 

To make the story short, let’s just say the third day was an additional as she stayed bedridden because of Joy’s saintly hands.

 

 

“Where’s Seulgi?”

 

 

Wendy stopped next to Joy and eyed the benchpress devoid of the buff smiling bear of a person Joy’s been crushing for weeks now, aka her personal instructor. Wendy eyed the frown on Joy’s face, therefore concluded that:

 

 

“She didn’t inform me that she’s not gonna be here today. WHERE IS SHE? Why didn’t she tell me? Arrgh I’m gonna talk to the front desk. YOU – wait here.”

 

 

Yeah. Joy’s gonna bring more than the opposite of her name. 

 

 

She’s gonna bring a calamity into this place if no one we’ll ever bibbidi bobbidi boo Seulgi into thin air. Wendy sighed and sat on the benchpress, thinking if her still aching muscles can get another day off. They didn’t have to finish off the whole month’s gym subscription but Joy had to be so adamant – No!

 

 

She’s become more adamant since that smiling bear of a person became their trainer. 

 

 

“WHERE’S KANG SEULGI!?”

 

 

There … hell hath no fury than a woman deprived of a bear-full of sunshine.

 

 

Wendy covered her face with a hand, “The emabaraSHON.” 

 

 

Ah, she laughed, her mind inappropriately had to come up with a good pun tied to her name. She snorted.

 

 

Oh, lavender.

 

 

Wendy sniffed her hand, her perfume doesn’t smell like lavender, her perfume is Killian Good Girl Gone. So, no, it’s not her perfume. Eyebrows drawn, she sniffed the air around, the scent getting stronger making her forget for a second that she’s in a roomful of sweating bodies and their odor.

 

 

“Uhmm … Hey,” she felt a light tap on her bare shoulder and turned to look at the person.

 

 

“Hi, are you gonna u

Please log in to read the full chapter