#jenga

My #wenreneArtTober shots.

Wendy blocked them. All of em.

 

When those giant jenga blocks were about to fall all over Irene who was too busy down there, Wendy didn't waste a second to run over and block em all for her.

 

Wendy closed her eyes when the jenga blocks fell on her body. When it ended, she opened them and heard their fans cheering in awe, and aww. Joy was sitting there laughing, Yeri was surprised, Seulgi felt relief. And Irene…

 

Irene was smiling. She looked at Wendy, and smiled. And most important, she was fine, nothing fell on her.

 

Even though, was Irene supposed to be scared or terrified??? What was she smiling at? Wendy who willingly does anything to protect her? Even when they were fighting? Even when she was mad at Irene?

 

Wendy felt stupid. For worrying, for showing that she cared.

 

And not just that time. For some reasons, Irene was super excited today, she ran all over the stage, was talkative especially when telling Wendy's TMI, and danced around on her high heels so carelessly. Wendy couldn't take her eyes off her leader because she worried. And she once had to hold Irene's arm when she noticed that the girl was about to fall while dancing to #CookieJar in another game.

 

Wendy was displeased. Very displeased.

 

She mentally scolded herself why can't she focus on anything else beside Irene?

 

That night when she was about to sleep, someone knocked on her door.

 

Irene.

 

Not like Wendy who looked like she was just a hair away from snapping at Irene, Irene was just standing there softly smiled while holding an ice pack.

 

-    What?

 

-    This is an ice pack. I saw you keep massaging your arm in the car on the way back home.

 

-    … Thank you, I'll do it on my own.

 

But when Wendy reached out to the ice pack, Irene took it further from her and shook her head:

 

-    No, I'll do it on my own.

 

And then without asking, she entered Wendy's room, sat on Wendy's bed. It had been a week since they fought and not been into each other's room. Except for this morning when Irene was the only one who was still in their dorm, Wendy just had to text her to get her something from her room. Her texts were cold and short (because they were still fighting), not like what Irene retold at all at their fan event.

 

She patted on the seat next to her, telling Wendy to sit down.

 

Wendy held in a sigh, couldn't do anything but follow.

 

And she just sat there beside Irene, not saying or doing anything else.

 

Irene wouldn't mind either, she just pulled up Wendy's sleeve and found a small bruise on her arm. 

 

It must be when Wendy blocked those giant jenga blocks for her.

 

Gently applying ice pack on the bruise, Irene mumbled:

 

-    Next time, don't do stupid things like that.

 

Her voice was too low, Wendy couldn't hear properly, the only thing she heard was something stupid.

 

So she snapped.

 

-    Excuse me?! You called me stupid?- She scoffed- Right, I was stupid for caring and protecting you and being afraid that you might get hurt!

 

And then she madly shook her arm out of Irene's hold.

 

But she surprisingly felt something wet on her hand.

 

Irene's tears.

 

-    H-hey… why are you… hey..

 

Irene was crying in front of her. She kept her head down and just cried.

 

It hurt Wendy's chest.

 

She really never keeps me less worry.

 

Sighed, Wendy took the ice pack out of Irene's hand and hugged her close.

 

-    I'm the one who's still mad at you, why are you crying?

 

It took Irene a few minutes before answering Wendy:

 

-    Because you're mad at me.

 

Well, reasonable.

 

-    And you were hurt because of me, too.

 

-    I'm fine.

 

-    No you're not.

 

Irene forced herself out of Wendy's hug.

 

-    And I didn't call you stupid. I said what you did was. What if it was something sharp and heavier like… a giant meteorite?!- Irene just couldn't find a right word for something sharp and heavier- You can't just run and block anything for me like that! It's dangerous.

 

Looked at Irene who kept talking and rambling, Wendy just smiled softly and blocked her words by a kiss on her lips.

 

It had been over a week. God how she missed this.

 

Irene was shut up, right away.

 

Kept her soft smile still when she pulled back, Wendy gently wiped off Irene's tears:

 

-    I will block a giant meteorite for you if I have to.

 

Irene's pretty face went blushing.

 

Wendy, her girlfriend, the cheesiest person on earth.

 

-    And I'm not saying it out of being the cheesiest person on earth. I'll seriously do it as long as you're safe and not getting hurt.

 

-    Alright, alright…- Irene felt herself couldn't hold back any longer.

 

Wendy amusingly looked at her girlfriend getting shy after hearing her words.

 

-    But you looked happy back there though.

 

-    Hm?

 

-    When I blocked those jengas for you, you smiled. Happily, even. And during the whole event today too, you were in such a good mood. I thought we were fighting and me being mad at you didn't annoy you at all.

 

-    … Because…

 

Wendy waited for Irene's answer.

 

-    I smiled happily because you blocked them for me. It was stupid, yes, but it showed that you still cared and protected me after all even when we were fighting. I noticed it when I was struggling to take out that one jenga block down there, your eyes kept on the whole blocks and worried about me. And during the game before that too, you held my arm so I didn't fall. And.. And! When I was holding your hand at the end, you held back!

 

-    Is that why you were so happy at today's event?

 

-    It was because you texted me to get that pants for you this morning too!

 

-    Well you were the only one who was still at the dorm.

 

-    Still!

 

-    Alright alright~

 

Wendy laughed it off.

 

-    Seungwan-ah.

 

-    Hm?

 

-    I'm sorry for giving that director my phone numbers.

 

Even though it was just her work phone numbers.

 

-    No… It's… Nothing. Never mind. I'm not mad at you anymore.

 

Wendy smiled, but it didn't assure Irene at all.

 

-    No! Tell me. What are you thinking, how are you feeling. I wanna know. Don't keep things from me again.

 

Wendy just stayed silent.

 

-    That's why we fought for that long. You didn't say anything, and I was too tired of having to keep asking you whenever something happens.

 

Irene held Wendy's hand, waiting for her to speak up.

 

-    I…- Wendy paused a bit- I was insecure.

 

She let out a sigh.

 

-    I know it was just all for work. You have to create other relationships to work smoothly and further in the future and it was too selfish of me to get jealous over that thing. But still, you gave him your numbers right after he jokingly asked for it for the first time. And when I mentioned it… You… You seemed like you didn't care about my feelings at the moment at all. You just laughed it off like me being like that was such a kid.

 

Wendy's voice lower and lower at the end. When she was done, she felt her eyes getting hot because of warm tears.

 

-    I'm sorry.

 

Irene hugged her in, gently whispered into Wendy's ear.

 

-    I'm sorry, Seungwan-ah. It was wrong of me for not taking your feelings seiously. For making you insecure like that. It's just, in this relationship, from the beginning I'm the one who always gets jealous of even the smallest things. You rarely show. And because you were so cute being jealous and all. So I laughed. Because you were so cute.

 

Wendy relaxed her body in Irene's arms.

 

-    But- Irene spoke again- I'll never laugh at you when you're seriously mad or jealous or anything. However, if I accidentally do that again, let me know.

 

Wendy nodded, burried her face into Irene's chest.

 

-    When you're unhappy with me doing something, or when you feel uncomfortable, or, you like me to do what. Just tell me. I wanna know it all. Don't think saying it out is a burden. I wanna be with you for a long time, so please don't keep things from me. It got me question myself if I'm not good enough for you.

 

-    You are more than enough for me.

 

-    I know.

 

Wendy looked up from her girlfriend's chest, confusingly frowned.

 

-    I just said it for you to say that I'm more than enough for you.

 

-    You always tell me I'm cheesy but you wanna hear those?

 

-    No, I need to hear those.

 

And Wendy smiled.

 

-    Joohyun, you are more than enough for me.