(Part II) Dream:

Music Box: A Seongsang Story.

Seonghwa:

"So... what was that all about?" Pulling Seonghwa out of a trance.

"WHAT?!", Seonghwa accidentally screamed out loud.

"I said, what was that all about? You were staring at Yeosang pretty intently, it was almost like you were in love with him.", Yunho repeated, focusing more on the large array of kimbap in front of him.

"N-no, wha-what are you trying to say?", Seonghwa spluttered.

"Hahah, just kidding, don't take it so seriously.", Yunho replied, punching Seonghwa in the arm, mouth full of kimbap.

Seonghwa sighed again. Of course, Yunho would never catch on to anything that happened between Seonghwa and Yeosang, he was literally a hyperactive puppy and would never have been within his vicinity long enough for him to ever notice anything. But Yunho was his best friend. Sooner or later, Seonghwa was going to have to tell him, if he didn't realise any sooner.

"OK fine, I like Yeosang.", Seonghwa said after a few minutes of silence minus the sound of Yunho munching on kimbap.

At that statement, Yunho spat out his food, it landing all over Seonghwa, who disgustedly wiped his t-shirt clean.

"What did you just say?! Say that again?! Tell me you're not kidding. C'mon! C'mon! C'mon!", Yunho screamed in his face.

"I like Yeosang. Or at least I think I do."

"Sooo... How long have you had feelings for him, eh, loverboy?", Yunho winked at him.

"I'm not telling you! But for a while now... It just started off as dreams about Yeosang... but they were so realistic y'know? It was almost like they've really happened before. And almost every dream I've had about him just ends with him being extremely heartbroken and it's so frustrating because there's just nothing I can seem to do to change the outcome y'know?"

Yunho blinked once in response.

Seonghwa sighed. He really didn't know what he was talking about and did not expect Yunho to believe a single word he was saying right now but he needed to get it off his chest. It was true, everything he had just said. Almost every night, he had the either one of two dreams. Either he was on a horse, wearing a hanbok and Yeosang kneeling on the ground as he drew closer to him, tears streaming doing his face. He had hugged Yeosang telling him that he'd be coming back soon. It bothered him that that was all he had said to Yeosang before jumping back onto his horse and leaving him as Yeosang screamed and sobbed at him. But why was he bothered? It seemed like a goodbye. Like this was the last time they would see each other. On better days, Seonghwa usually woke up with a heavy heart when he had those dreams. On worst days, he cried himself awake, almost feeling the emotions that he had in his dream as he rode away from Yeosang.

The other dream had been much shorter. He had met Yeosang at a café and coldly stated that he no longer loved him. Nice and short. But there were two things that bothered him. One was that Seonghwa had called Yeosang, and Yeosang had called him Hwaseong. Ryusang? Why on Earth had Seonghwa called Yeosang, Ryusang? And what reason did Yeosang have to switch his name around and call him Hwaseong instead? Another thing that had bothered Seonghwa was the lingering heavy heart that he had as he left Yeosang. Once again, he had the feeling that he would never meet Yeosang again... but why?

Seonghwa sighed again. He wished he knew what these dreams meant but constant schedules meant he rarely ever had the time to delve any deeper into his dreams.

Seonghwa got up and walked over to the counter. "C'mon, are you done? I'll pay for this round, but you better pay up the next time we stop by!", Seonghwa called.

And with the tinkling of the store bell, he exited the convenience store heading back up to the practice room.

Yeosang:

Yeosang sighed and closed his eyes to relax on the cool practice room floor. Images of fried chicken floated around in his mind as he thought of his custom-made hehetmon plushie currently laying uncuddled with on his bed. It was like this for a few minutes and Yeosang was contented at the thought.

However, as it had been for the past couple months, the images of various fried chicken flavours and fried chicken vendors melted away. He was once again kneeling and looking down on the snow-covered ground, tears streaming down his face. Having been in this setting countless times already, Yeosang knew how this scene was going to play out, but no matter how times he had gone over this scene, his heart had always felt heavy and he was never ready to get his heart broken into a million pieces like he knew would happen.

---

Yeosang sat under a cherry blossom tree looking quite wild. At the first sign of sound, he slowly looked up and turned towards the source. The slow trot of a horse was getting closer. The figure that once again looked remarkably alike Seonghwa had arrived and alighted a fair distance away and walked the rest of the way before dropping down to envelope Yeosang into a hug.

"I'm sorry I have no choice to leave you." Seonghwa whispered into Yeosang gently, "I promise I'll come back to you as soon as possible." He was holding onto Yeosang even tighter now before suddenly letting go and leaving Yeosang to flop back onto the ground helplessly as he got back up to walk back to his horse.

"You promised not to leave me! You promised to protect me forever!" Yeosang screamed, he feeling his heart rip apart. Crawling on the ground, forgetting to walk and not caring about the way his hanbok was ripping as he crawled, he tried to reach the Seonghwa look-alike as the horse trotted away further and further from him back

---

Yeosang wondered how on Earth he still had so much tears flowing down his face if he were to be honest, but he had long given up trying to figure that out as the scene faded slowly back to black and another scene quickly flashed into his mind.

---

Yeosang was sitting in a café, his hands shaking, playing with the ring on his ring finger nervously, looking down.

"Is there anything I can help with? Maybe make you an iced latte whilst you wait for your guest?", came the voice of a waiter.

Yeosang jumped slightly at the voice. "What!", he shouted in the waiter's face, jumping out of his seat before realising what he was doing and calmed down.

"Oh... sorry, umm yes, can I please order an iced americano please? Thanks.", Yeosang continued, embarrassed and rubbing the back of his neck, turning red.

"No problem!", the waiter said gently. "If you need anything else, just let me know, I'll just be behind the counter." He smiled at Yeosang before turning back.

The waiter came back a few minutes later with Yeosang's iced americano. However, along with the waiter's return came a dreaded arrival of someone he did not want to meet at the moment, fearing the worst news. The other person sat opposite Yeosang.

---

Yeosang really didn't want to look up knowing already who he was going to see sitting opposite him and he tried to force himself not to look. But of course, the Yeosang sitting in his dreams never did as Yeosang wanted and did the exact opposite, slowly looking up.

---

The person who sat opposite Yeosang resembled, once again, remarkably like Seonghwa. He couldn't pull his eyes away from his. The Seonghwa look-alike's presence was almost like gravity, pulling Yeosang towards him.

"I'm sorry, Ryusang. I don't love you anymore.", he had said before standing back up and turning his back on Yeosang and leaving and not bothering to look back at Yeosang.

"Come back Hwaseong... please...."

---

The scene once again faded away to black. Ryusang? Yeosang's brain was once again spinning. Who was Ryusang? And why did Seonghwa call him Ryusang? And why had he called Seonghwa, Hwaseong? They were both together in ATEEZ and had known each other for a seriously long time and lived together. Surely, he couldn't have forgotten that his name was Seonghwa and not Hwaseong...

"Yeo? Yeooooo? Yeosangggg!!! SANGGIIIEEEEEE!!!"

An annoying voice rang straight through his head before he felt a huge shake from someone. He opened his eyes, and saw the face of Wooyoung right in front of him.

"Eww... what are you doing, get off me", Yeosang blearily said.

"Are you OK?" Wooyoung asked concerned for his best friend. "Sannie and I noticed that you were crying in your sleep. Well not crying but like you had tears falling down your face. We just wanted to know if you were OK."

"Yeah... yeah... I'm fine. I think."