(Part I) Inception:

Music Box: A Seongsang Story.

2020, KQ Entertainment, Seoul, South Korea

"I'm in love... I'm dream in a dream every night."

The music stopped as the 8 boys panted hard after their intense practice session. "Great job guys!" Hongjoong breathed, grinning widely, hands on his knees.

Yeosang and Wooyoung flopped onto the floor, dead on their knees. "He's trying to kill us, hyung!" Wooyoung groaned, "Joong hyung is trying to kill us! Just look at Joongie hyung and Hwa hyung talking sneakily trying to see what else they can add to the choreography to try and tire us out even more." Wooyoung glared over at them.

"Haha, hey, stop overreacting. Let's order some fried chicken!" Yeosang said tiredly.

"The only thing you're better at than singing and dancing is eating fried chicken, Yeo. Don't you want to eat something else for a change?"

"Sure... umm... how about butter chicken?"

"I meant! A dish that's not chicken-based!"

"Oh... nope.'

Wooyoung rolled his eyes and the conversation ended knowing that his best friend's love for chicken was just slightly... under obsessive. He rolled over onto his other side and started to try and catch the attention of his crush, San. Yeosang giggled knowing how much Wooyoung liked San. Wooyoung and Yeosang were like a pair of teenage girls every time they were together, having been best friends for 5 years and telling each other everything, even their most kept secrets, not that they had anything to hide from each other. Wooyoung had liked San for a while now. Although it seemed like San had no idea, opting to spend most of his time either in the practice studio or being loud and oblivious to his surroundings.

Yeosang sighed closed his eyes to relax on the cool practice room floor. The same dream flashing across his mind again. A sunny day, a cherry blossom tree and a hand extending out to him. Another dream flashed across his mind. A university campus, a derelict music shop and a café. Yeosang's eyes opened with a start, realising there was a teardrop trickling down his face and a strong feeling of heartbreak. Just exactly were these dreams that he had such a strong adversary effect to it.

---

On the other side of the practice room, Seonghwa and Hongjoong were talking in a discreet tone. Seonghwa was lamenting over how beautiful Yeosang was and how he'll never be able to date him because he never paid attention to him. Hongjoong was rolling his eyes at his every sentence, completely over his friend's unrequited love for 2 years.

"Did you see him through the mirror when the song first began? I nearly had a heart attack, oh my gosh, that was so hot and-", Seonghwa gushed before he was cut off by Hongjoong's annoyed voice.

"OK, OK, I get it! Go fanboy about Yeosang with someone else because I'm going to head off to the studio to compose a couple more songs for the album."

Seonghwa pouted and looked around. Jongho was once again at it, doing vocal warmups whilst Yunho was retracing the dance routine. Mingi was working out again and both Yeosang and Wooyoung were both passed out on the floor asleep. Seonghwa looked back at Yeosang's sleeping figure, finding it extremely adorable. His mouth was in a pout but most notably, Seonghwa saw a single tear roll off to the side of Yeosang's temple and he wondered what Yeosang could have possibly be dreaming about.

"Hey, loverboy!" Yunho had stopped dancing and come over to Seonghwa. "Let's go to the convenience store and get some kimbap. Lord knows that I am hun-gry."

Seonghwa nodded and left the practice studio, his mind still wondering about Yeosang. 

 

A.N. Quite short... Yes...