(Part II) Misty:

Music Box: A Seongsang Story.

As Ryusang soon found out, working with Hwaseong was filled with mixed emotions. Annoyance at Hwaseong for being downright annoying and amazement at how well they seemed to work together when they were being serious. Maybe the two weeks they'd spend together working on an assignment would change his mind about the other person.

Their shared dormitory room was currently empty with just the two of them inside, Mingi and Edward were off-campus for the weekend to visit their families. Hwaseong was currently laying on the bed just staring at Ryusang working. It was after a while before Ryusang had finally snapped.

"What do you think you're looking at?", Ryusang snapped, annoyed that Hwaseong hadn't contributed his knowledge of Romantic era music once during the study session.

"You, pretty boy", throwing a kiss and a wink over to Ryusang.

Trying to hide that he was beginning to blush slightly, a fact that Ryusang seriously hated and wanted to deny, he turned his face away and said, "Well, if you're not going to help, then you're most welcome to leave."

"What do you mean I'm not help?" gasped Hwaseong, through a hand over his heart as if offended, "My very presence near you is already a huge amount of help already! See, I'm helping you stay awake and concentrate."

At this Ryusang, rolled his eyes, and wanting to remain as Zen as possible, he decided that that was all he was going to do for the assignment today.

"What are you doing?", Hwaseong asked, being super nosy.

"Nothing that concerns you."

"Wait!"

"What now?!" Ryusang said impatiently, at his desk, packing up his things back up onto the shelf and grabbing his jacket, getting ready to leave the dormitory room.

"Come, just follow me.", came the reply before Ryusang felt Hwaseong's fingers grip on his wrist pulling him inwards suddenly.

Surprised, but wary that Hwaseong was suddenly being not annoying for once in his life towards Hwaseong, he followed him out of the college dorms and all the way out of campus. They continued like this, walking down the streets under the hot Californian sundown. Ryusang wondered where Hwaseong could possibly take him, the only place he could think of was a huge abandoned factory somewhere out of town ready for him to be kidnapped and ransomed. He suddenly froze.

"What's up?", feeling Ryusang stop, Hwaseong turned around and looked at him, puzzlement in his eyes.

"You're not... going to kidnap me are you?" Ryusang asked stupidly.

Hwaseong snorted and held back a huge laugh, "Why would I kidnap you? You're not secretly from a rich family are you?"

Ryusang stared and then to his own disgust, felt his cheek flare up and look away.

"I'm surprised you even asked," Hwaseong continued, "I thought someone who went to Stanford would be smarter asking such a dumb question, no wonder you're at the bottom of the cohort. If I really were to kidnap you, I wouldn't be doing it in the middle of a crowded street. And it's not really kidnapping if you came willingly is it?"

Ryusang bit back a response. "You didn't exactly give me a choice, you just took my wrist and pulled to goodness knows where", he thought.

"Anyways, we're almost there." Hwaseong seemed to be babbling on now not really caring whether or not Ryusang listened to him. "I came across it whilst doing some research on the Classical era of music. It's this old derelict music store, you seriously wouldn't even notice it at first glance. I-"

Hwaseong suddenly both stopped talking and walking. Ryusang was walking whilst looking at his feet and bumped into Hwaseong, swearing slightly as he rubbed his forehead. Hwaseong was right, they were in front of what seemed to be an extremely old music store, it blended in with its brick surroundings and certainly no other passerbys seemed to even spare a glance at it. There was one small rectangle window where you could just look inside of the store. Hwaseong pushed on the door and stepped inside.

It was like they had stepped into the 19th century. Every artifact could not have been less than 100 years old. Ryusang looked around in wonder as the collection filled the room up more and more with musical artifacts, instruments and scores. Behind the counter stood an ancient and kind-looking lady who was smiling down at them.

"Back are you, my darling?"

"Yes, ma'am. I was wondering whether or not you still had the item that I had reserved from last week?"

"Ahh... yes, the music box that reminded you of a past lover was it?"

Hwaseong blushed fervently, and he looked down and scratched his neck. Ryusang stood stunned, he had never ever seen Hwaseong looking so shy. In fact, he was also so loud and boisterous Ryusang had never thought Hwaseong was even capable of being shy. However, the item that the lady behind the counter had distracted Ryusang as he felt a sudden tightening in his chest. What was that feeling?

Taking the music box with both hands, Hwaseong showed the music box to Ryusang. It was obviously a very old music box. How old, they both had no idea but they stared at it. The painting hadn't faded a single bit, but the wood had aged, and it looked slightly worn down. However, it had originally been extremely well looked after. The French words je t'aime carved on top of the music box was still present. Hwaseong and Ryusang were surprised to see it still so clearly carved into the wood.

"This was what you wanted to show me?" Ryusang whispered quietly.

Hwaseong nodded, serious. He gently opened the music box lid up and a ballerina slowly rose up. The black velvet and ballerina seemed to look brand new. The music also tinkled clearly. Beethoven's Fur Elise slowly filled up the old quaint store. However, both Hwaseong and Ryusang took very little notice of this. The music had woken up something inside of them both.

Hwaseong and Ryusang were both aware of a sudden rush of emotions that they had never necessarily felt to each other before. As they looked up from the spinning ballerina and looked into each other's eyes, Ryusang saw patches of memories flash before his eyes. But they were not his. "Whose memories are these?" Ryusang thought.

The music had long ended, but they continued to look into each other's eyes.

A.N. Let me know what you think. I'll be rewriting and editing once I'm done with the story.