Drifting apart

BROKEN LIGHTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leeteuk grabs his phone and checks entertainment news on regular sites. Its becomes his habit to check his name or monitor how is s doing on their tv show or their youtube. As he scrolls down his phone, the bitter smile rest itself upon his lips, he read the news article mentioning that name, 's name, his bestfriend Kim Heechul being an MC for a new program. No he isn't jealous towards him, he's happy for him, but the scenario of them had heat argument flash inside his head. They haven't been speaking to each other ever since that day, leeteuk didnt even remember when was the last time they met. Was it during Seoul Music Awards? He didnt know and he never tried to personally approach the latter either.

Suddenly he had a war flashback, that day he went up to heechul, thinking that maybe he could lend his shoulder for him as he worried about the latter well being. Honestly speaking, leeteuk's mental state wasnt any better than his friend, but as a friend he wanted to help him especially when heechul was always there for him whenever he was feeling down. But instead of having a deep talk like they usually had, they both argued and ended up hurting each other's feeling. Heechul declined leeteuk offer harshly, although he knows his friend didnt mean to, but still he feel hurt. He couldnt understand why.

Lonely, hurt are what he felt after their conversation, but he didnt want to make things worse so he tried to hold back his anger and walk towards the exit. "I thought you're my friend, but seems like you're too busy now. Don't worry, I won't bother you anymore with my ," Leeteuk says weakly, as he trying to hide the pain that his friend had caused and walk away. 

 

"Hyung, what are you doing?" Shindong startled leeteuk. When did shindong come? Has he been here for awhile? 

 

"Yes hyung i've been here for around 5 minutes and i have been trying to ask you but seems like you lost in your thoughts" Shindong answered as he can read his hyung mind.

 

"Ah heechul hyung is doing fine hyung, he still whine about his leg pain sometimes but he's fine you dont need to worry" 

 

'Huh? Why would you telling me that?' Leeteuk said trying to sound as if he didnt care much about him but he knows he cant fool shindong, not when the latter can read his mind.

 

"Nothing..i'm telling you that because we're family" Shindong answer casually,"...and i thought since i have been spending much time with him on set compared to you and other members, you might want to know... he's slowly recover hyung, he's doing better"

 

'Good for him but i dont need to know that donghee'.

 

Shindong stop infront of him, and face him before he get into his car after their schedule together, "Hyung i dont know what happened during that day as heechul hyung didnt want to tell any of us either but dont you think you two should talk about it since we're gonna have our 15th anniversary soon?"

 

'Dont worry, i will, leeteuk responded softly as he walk to his car. He will talk to his friend.

 

He tried to rest as his body feel exhausted from the packed schedule but his mind keep him busy. Its been happening for a few nights or even weeks. He didnt think his episode is coming, he thought he's doing well these days. He go out and socializing with some of his friends and staffs — he feels happy. He did not want to admit but he followed heechul's advice, to take life easy, to do not care much about what others are thinking about him — although that resulted people around him saying he has changed, he started to said what he think. He started to love himself. Its funny how he slowly becoming like heechul now. So he doesnt understand why he couldnt sleep. Or maybe he did understand, he just denying it.

Feeling bored, he open his phone and send one message to fans throughout paid service application, "My schedule is over. Good night. I have to leave early tomorrow". He then open his instagram and share one instagram story, a photo of him from his fans, and last he check his kakaotalk, he got none message. He stared at his contact list, he feels his heart slowly getting heavy, how he really wants to share his burden right now with someone, with s but he couldn't. He even left their group chat as he felt none of them responded to what he said, none of them take what he wrote seriously and thus why he decided to left their kkt group chat as he thought stop burdens them by your , they're also have things they need to take care of, stop being selfish.

But oh how he really wants to be selfish for once. All these years he always fight for s, he always give in for s, he didnt mind being punished, he hated seeing s getting hurt, but would they do the same for him? When he send countless chat on their group chat, they ignored them, only a few of them would respond. Sometimes they take it as a joke, he didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter