Chapter IV

My First & Last I N-CITY #6
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

But you'll never be alone
I'll be with you from dusk 'til dawn
I'll be with you from dusk 'til dawn
Baby, I'm right here

I'll hold you when things go wrong
I'll be with you from dusk 'til dawn
I'll be with you from dusk 'til dawn
Baby, I'm right here

-Dusk till Dawn, Zayn Malik & Taylor Swift

My phone rang and I turned to the side, answering it to hear Jeno’s voice.

“Wake up,” he told me and I groaned, checking the time. “Wake up, Bunny. You were late yesterday; you need to wake up now.”

“Okay, okay, okay,” I told him, sitting up. It has been normal for him to call me every morning and he constantly checked in on me from time to time, texting and calling was something I looked forward to every day. I got a video call request from him and I answered it, putting him on speaker when I went to shower.

Doyoung had finally let a part of me go, my brother no longer as strict as before. I put on my clothes, getting ready for class, and grabbing my phone to tell Jeno I was done. He reminded me to put my wallet and pencil case in the bag and I nodded, grabbing my bag.

“I’m heading to class,” I told him, giving him a wave. He nodded, waving back before he hung up. I ran down the stairs, grabbing a piece of bread, quickly braiding my hair. Jeno had spent a few hours trying to teach me through camera how to braid my hair tightly a few days before and after practice, I found myself getting used to it.

Doyoung was already in front and he smiled as I bounded towards him, kissing him on the cheek. I quickly sat in the car and finally arrived at the university, texting Jeno.

Kim Bunny: I reached!!!!!! I have practical today!!

Lee Jeno: Okay. Ate breakfast?

Kim Bunny: YESSSSSSSSSSSS I had like… bread today but only one piece

Lee Jeno: That’s better than nothing.

Kim Bunny: I have track and field today toooooooooooooooooooo

Kim Bunny: BrOOOOOO Imma be so fast like… I swear imma show em some real speed

Lee Jeno: Uh…

Lee Jeno: ….

Kim Bunny: W H A T

Lee Jeno: Just be safe.

Kim Bunny: Sure bruh

I pocketed my phone and went on my day. When I finally finished with my day, I went back to the car and Doyoung was waiting for me. I greeted him and slid into the seat, grabbing my phone as Doyoung thumbed through his papers. I opened up my chat with Jeno to text him that I was heading home.

“Texting Jeno?” Doyoung asked and I nodded. “You guys talk a lot these days. Are you guys dating?”

“Eh?” I blurted out, frowning. “Uh… No?”

“Well, seems like it,” Doyoung answered. “I mean, he calls you every morning. You call him every night, seems like a long-distance relationship to me.”

“Oh… No.” I shook my head, trying to understand the concept of us dating. “No, Oppa—”

“Well, if you say so.” Doyoung hummed. “Jeno’s grandmother has a session today so you should just go see her tomorrow. Is that okay?”

“Okay,” I answered.

I finally reached home just in time for my phone to ring—right at 8 pm. I answered it, drying my hair and I heard Jeno ask me how Track and Field was. I told him that I didn’t actually run but I told him that I went and spent time with Jaemin most of the time. He nodded, frowning.

“You’ve been spending a lot of time with Nana these days,” he finally said and I nodded, writing down the equation.

“You’re not here, that’s why.”

“Should I be worried?” he asked and I stopped writing, tilting my head to the side. What should he be worried about?

“About what?”

“Nothing,” he said and I blinked, continuing to talk.

“You know, the girl Nana has been talking to is coming to SM University. It’s confirmed.” I told him and Jeno relaxed, nodding. “What are you worried about?”

“I said, nothing,” he answered and I glared at him through the phone.

“You know, Doyoung asked me today if we were dating,” I told him, laughing softly to myself when there was a silence and I blinked, turning to see that Jeno was staring at me. “What?”

“Aren’t we?” he asked back and I froze, my heart beginning to pound at his words. From instinct, my hand shot out and I ended the call, a hand over my chest when I thought about what he said. I tried to calm my breathing, a hand going to call him again when Jeno cut my call.

Why?

I frowned and saw that Jeno had texted me.

Lee Jeno: I’m heading to bed.

Kim Bunny: But you didn’t say goodnight yet??

Lee Jeno: Goodnight.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[On the phone with Jaemin]

“And he asked me back: “Aren’t we”?” I said to the phone, the sound of Jaemin cooking echoing through the phone. “And yesterday, he didn’t call me in the morning. He didn’t text so I didn’t call or text him first.”

“Mhm… Sounds like he’s mad.” Jaemin said.

“About what?” I asked, exasperated. “About what, Nana?”

“I don’t know, maybe he thinks that whatever he wants is one-sided and—”

“What is one-sided?”

“The fact that he likes you is one-sided.”

“He likes me?” I repeated, blinking. “Why would he like me? But… he never said he likes me!”

“You’re an idiot. He asks if he should be worried if there is another guy involved, he calls you every waking moment, he gets mad when you downplay the fact that you guys might not be in a relationship and he tells you he adores you? You, Kim Bunny, are an idiot.” Jaemin mused. “Jeno is a man of pride, Bunny.”

I gnawed on my bottom lip, trying to come to terms when what Jaemin was saying.

That night, I texted Jeno but he didn’t reply.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Your grandson is not answering my text messages, woman,” I grumbled to Jeno’s grandmot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter