End.

Goodnight Like Yesterday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night is supposed to be concluding all the stress Mina has been through the whole day. It isn't her favorite part of the month. The company is taking a big turn and it's not like she's blaming her promotion for her packed schedules. It was a disaster for her. She can't help but to attend each of those essential business meetings and make up for the lost hours whenever one of her team members are making an absence without prior notice. Afterall, Myoui is a softhearted woman.

 

It was the most ungodly hour of the day when she decided to take her off and leave the four walls she has been spending her time for the whole day. When she arrived home, she wasn't able to notice the light coming from their windows. Her girlfriend is still up and waiting for her.

 

Right now, her priority is to sleep and spend some hours of rest just to get ready for another set of workload. Mina saw Nayeon sitting by the couch, fully-dressed with warm clothes even though the whole room has a reasonable temperature to warm her up. "I'm home baby, why are you still up?"

 

She proceeded to make a considerate kiss on her cheeks despite her intentions to go straight to their room and sleep. There is something weird going on. Nayeon is just looking at the same wall she's looking at since Mina arrived the house. Her eyes are holding back diamond tears and she's not wearing her usual smile.

 

There is something wrong.

 

Mina took the space beside Nayeon's seat and held her hand. She's worried on top of all the exhaustion she had for today. Her girlfriend needs her. That's what she thought.

 

"What's wrong? Did something happen at work?" Mina opened up the conversation not knowing she'll regret initiating one afterwards.

 

"Mina," The older girl is trying her very best not to crack her voice. It was useless. The pain in took over and the tears on her eyes flow down her cheeks.

 

"I can't take this anymore. I don't want to lie to you. Let's break up." She pulled her hand from Mina's hold just to cover her face from the guilt each tears represent. She should have left the home without waiting for Mina. Maybe a letter would make things easier. Maybe it would be better to do it on some other day. But Mina doesn't deserve any of that. She doesn't deserve Mina.

 

Mina is dumbfounded. Trying to process Nayeon's words is like encoding a very rare set of syntax that doesn't reflect any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter