SooShu Damages

Captured On Film
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sorry about the angst. Felt like writing something sad. Inspired by Soojin trying to be "soft" for Shuhua at 1:56 here

 

=============================

 

“You…you don’t…want me…?” The words feel so foreign in that Soojin is still half convinced she’s stuck in a dream.

 

The look on Shuhua’s face says it all.

 

“Unnie,” Shuhua begins, and then sighs as if breaking up with Soojin is the biggest chore in the world. “Leave me alone.”

 

The door slams in Soojin’s face and she’s left staring at the blank wood.

 

Just a few days ago, they were having fun, play fighting and bickering as usual. Shuhua had tried to kiss Soojin during their photoshoot, grabbing Soojin behind the neck and pulling her in. While that was certainly fine in the privacy of their bedrooms, making out in front of their members, not to mention the entire film crew, seemed a bit…dangerous. So Soojin had leaned away as far as she could with a revolted expression on her face. She thought Shuhua knew it was a joke, just like every other time Soojin had dodged her advances, but something felt off.

 

Maybe it was the fact that Shuhua stopped interacting with her completely after that.

 

Oh, of course, Shuhua had kept up the pretense when cameras were rolling. It wouldn’t do otherwise. But the instant the I-Talk camera stopped, Shuhua would drop Soojin’s hand and abruptly walk away as fast as possible. It was driving Soojin crazy—she even said on camera that she should be nicer to Shuhua. At the time, Shuhua had pouted and told her everything was okay, in that special sing-song tone she reserved for Soojin. Yet even then, the pitch was slightly off. Nothing the viewers would notice. But for Soojin, who was attuned to all of Shuhua’s voices after years of listening, the difference felt like night and day.

 

And the worst part was that Soojin couldn’t tell anyone about this. Even if she could, what would she say?

 

“Shuhua’s acting weird. She doesn’t want to kiss anymore, and we haven’t had for over a week!”

 

Soyeon would narrow her eyes and tell Soojin to stop jeopardizing the group. Minnie and Miyeon would unequivocally take Shuhua’s side no matter what. Yuqi, on the other hand, would gaze open mouthed at Soojin and hiss, “you guys are…dating???”

 

Soojin realizes she’s been standing outside Shuhua’s door for a good fifteen minutes. Inside, there’s silence. Shuhua isn’t playing that stupid first-person shooter game then, nor watching videos online. Maybe she’s sprawled out on her bed and also thinking about their fight just now.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter