Part 2. End.

TURTLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

credits to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjh95UIoUEE for inspiration.

“Momoring! Mina is here, she looks gorgeous!” Nayeon shouted and we all looked towards Mina’s direction.

Funny timing; Chaeyong came out of the car wearing a tuxedo dress. A customized design made by her close sunbae, Jessica Jung. That, we can’t say no. She indeed designed the whole thing starting from the venue down to the slightest details. This is a gay wedding afterall so we can be as creative as much as we can.

Mina came closer along her family. Kai nii-chan greeted me with a handshake.

I bowed in respect to their family.

“I thought you’re the one ending Mina’s single life.” We laughed together with his remark. “I thought so too,”

We looked into Mina and Chaeyoung’s direction not too faraway from us.

“…but I think she was able to find her perfect match.”

Kai looked at me with a genuine smile. “You found yours too.”

Yes nii-chan, I did.

“THE SECOND BRIDE IS HERE, ALL PREPARE AT YOUR RESPECTIVE PLACES, THE CEREMONY WILL START!”

My heart skipped a bit. There she is, my perfect match, coming out from the door of her white car.

**Flashback

Sana came out from Mina’s room holding some tray with plates and utensils. Didn’t she just shift courses?

“What did you two do there?” I narrowed my eyes, acting suspicious and dork infront of Sana.

She shrugged her usual teasing way.

“Who knows, maybe something you haven’t tried yet.” I blushed. Just thinking about it made me look away from Mina’s door.

“Y-Yah. I’m tired. Go wash those, I’ll need them later.” She pouted.

“No.”

“Why?”

“Dinner’s on me.”

“You just shifted courses.”

“Doesn’t mean I can’t cook. C’mon let me do my culinary farewell ceremony.”

“We already had it and we actually got drunk.”

“But drinking doesn’t mean I made my farewell-“

Giving up, I just sighed and said, “Fine.”

“..make me shut up with a dish.”

And boy, she did.

She cooked rather a unique flavor; neither too salty nor sour but definitely rich in flavor.

In the middle of the talk, she initiated. “What are your intentions with Mina?”

I scoffed and acted offended. “Daebak, are you Mina’s mom now? I thought you’re my bestfriend.”

Something’s off. She is serious. “I am. But I am Mina’s bestfriend too. I’ll be unfair if I don’t let her speak her mind.

“It will always be unfair, she never says a thing. I knew she wouldn't want to hurt anyone. She’s our precious Mina afterall.” I retaliated, bitterness spread along the atmosphere.

“Let’s say Mina became your girlfriend, what now?”

Silence.

“…”

It took me about a careful couple of minutes to think of an answer. “I can only focus with the present. Planning about the future which leaves us with no excitement.”

She scoffed now, obviously unconvinced. “So waiting for Mina’s decision is just for the sake of excitement? Is that how low you look on Mitang?”

She looked at me like a suspect– one wrong word and I’m dead.

“No, that’s not it. Just that I don’t think Mina will be saying yes anytime soon. She’s not an easy gal."

She isn't satisfied with my answer. Me neither.

But something hit me.

"Sana, why are you so worked up? Do you like Mitang?"

Her face displayed disbelief. One last glare and she left me off the kitchen alone with the meal she cooked for me.

But that was just the start of the bad days.

Sana has been giving me the cold shoulders. Mina has been avoiding me. The day came when all these things should be put into an end. It came like a thief, unbeknownst to us all. Mina finally made up her mind and that is what I wanted it to turn out.

Mina rejected me and Nayeon.

It's not like it's the end of the world. What I don't understand is, why Sana has been distant to me? Did I do something wrong for the both of them?

In any case, Sana saw this coming. Of all the people, she would be the one comforting me over this rejection. But for some reason, she became distant. I don't even understand what's going on.

Being confused is the worst feeling ever. Sana keeps waking up earlier than usual. When there's a chance that we're stumbling upon one another, you can feel there is absolutely an awkward atmosphere between us. I'm not awkward with her– I don't want to be but she started it.

"Momo, that's enough. You can go home now, don't you have classes tomorrow?" Jihyo, a part-timer like me, worriedly advised.

"Don't worry, this is exactly what I do in the university." I chuckled, getting the plates from the table a customer just left. It's closing time but there's nowhere to go. Apartment? No. School? Hell no. This is my last resort.

"Shut up. Go dress up, we're going somewhere." I had no chance to complain since she's dragging me to the dressing room and she had finished the day's auditing so we're good to go.

Midnight café. That's where she brought me.

"Jihyo-ah. You're an accountant so why work in a jokbal restaurant?" I asked her once we found a comfortable spot.

"I don't want to get a job that won't help me grow." she fidgets on her position and noticed my phone ringing.

"Won't you answer that?" I shook my head. I don't wanna go home yet.

"Figures. Spill the tea." she grins while sipping on her drink.

"Well, I'm sort of confused with Sana. Few nights before Mina rejected me. She was furious. She has been asking me questions about relationships and of course, I don't know what to say. I've never had one." my brows meet. Jihyo is humming before putting down her drink.

"Maybe she thinks you lack plans." I shrugged in deep thoughts.

“I doubt, I know Sana like the back of my hand.” For the record, this would be the first time I’m very confused of what she’s thinking. I’m having tons of “why’s”. To put it honestly, this is more frustrating than Mina’s-

What am I thinking?

Right, chill Hirai. It’s normal to get frustrated over friends.

“Well, shouldn’t you be asking her yourself?” Jihyo suggested and I frowned.

“I don’t want to.”

“Why?”

“I don’t want to have a serious fight with her.”

Jihyo laughed like a creepy old woman.

“Hirai, stop acting like a kid.” She glanced a bit on my right side and grinned. “Speaking of the devil,”

There’s a tap on my shoulder. Jihyo waved me goodbye.

“Time to go home, drink’s on me so go.” I nodded and thanked Jihyo. Standing up and looking to the culprit’s face, it was the same mood she wore when she interrogated me about relationships and Mina.

No words, we both knew we should just let time pass on the way home quietly. But she’s hesitating to stay quiet.

We are supposed to know each other like the back of our hands. That’s how it’s supposed to be.

“Why didn’t you answer your phone?” She finally asked.

“I am hanging out with someone.”

“Yeah, exactly by this hour of the day? We all have classes tomorrow.” I can definitely feel she’s mad and worried but her voice came out tired and calm. That’s what she gets for hanging out with Mina more than me.

I’m not jealous.

“You shouldn’t have bothered then.”

She stopped walking.

“Alright then.”

She walked fast, leaving me behind. I didn’t know she can walk that fast.

Now I’m left all alone here on a dark street, torn between going back to Jihyo and going home. How about neither?

I took a slow pace of walking until I stumbled upon a playground. At night, playgrounds look peaceful. I sat on one of the swings. My emotions stirring up together as I feel way too alone. I’m confused, frustrated, worried, and helpless. I tapped on my phone sending a text to Sana asking if she got home safely. I knew she won’t respond. I pushed her away and that’s the end of it.

The sand area near the swing reminds me of myself as a kid. It was the least appreciated part of the playground. I always sit there alone while the other kids are having fun taking turns on the swing and slides. Hana nee-chan is already going to a bigger school during that time. I was always shy. I can’t socialize well; it’s troublesome to have lots of friends anyway.

But as I grow older, there are instances when I needed to talk with other people at least. I am mostly called a weirdo because I can’t fit in. Time came when I just gave up.

It all turned well when I met Sana. All the friends that we know now, are the friends I earned while tagging along her. I usually hide behind her back– sounds like a coward thing for someone who’s older, right? I have depended most of the time with Sana. She still takes care of me until earlier. I bet I made her dead worried.

Have I been so into chasing after Mina and Sana has been helping me all along? Is that the reason why she got angry? Sana helped me secretly again for sure. If she did, why would she get angry? Why would she be distant?

Why can’t we go back to how we used to be?

The sound of the chains and the settling steps on the swing beside me made me look to its direction.

“When you’re in deep thoughts, you cry unconsciously. Do you know that?” The owner of the voice offered me a handkerchief to which I had no choice but to accept.

“I thought you’re going home?” I asked and she slightly played with the swing.

“Yeah, but someone her gps. I got no choice but to feel worried.” a soft chuckle made a quick fog during this cold winter.

“Pa-bo!” she playfully called me with the usual sweet smile on her face.

“I’m sorry.” We said at the same time only with different languages. That made me smile. We haven’t lost it yet, have we?

“No, I’m the one who needed to apologize. I obviously said something that made you upset. Can you forgive Momoring and reconcile our friendship?”

She is smiling the whole time and laughed afterwards. “Eww, why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter