And The Fire Ignites!

During the Lockdown (A Lee Min Ho Fanfic)

Meela with an half exasperated and half incredulous look at her friend shook her head and started working, focusing on the already forming line in front of the other PC.

“There must be a mistake, we are 8 girls and 9 guys. So three 4 people capacity cottages won’t do.”, said the person in front after seeing their cottage plans.

“Please give me a moment,” Meela went through the computer for half a minute or so and then said with a smile. “I am sorry for the mix up but the good thing is we have plenty of options to offer since we’re closed”, She then explained the options to him, “We will just simply put you in the Squirrel and the Moose, if that’s okay with you.”

“I think that would….”, the guy was interrupted by a sharp female voice

“I think that is taking way too long, and I also think it would be beneficial to all of us if I get to my room first.”, said a super-model looking girl cutting in the line.

Okay, here comes the entitled diva! Meela thought to herself refraining from rolling her eyes with all her might out of professionalism and common courtesy. This was the kind that she could not stand at all, people thinking they were above others because of their looks, money or power.

Hiding all those, she began, “I would be happy to help but they came first and that counter is totally available for…” Meela stopped seeing Tara’s counter empty and groaned inside.

“We are losing time here, does anybody have any problem with me cutting the line?”, asked the girl in a menacingly cool voice to which people actually moved hurriedly out of her way.

Hiding a sigh, Meela checked her and a couple more ‘high and mighty’ people in after her, before going back to the group of crews. Taking a couple of key cards, she called out, “Xander, please take the ladies to Squirrel and Roy please lead the gentlemen to Moose.”

Meela huffed wiping her face and groaned thinking of Tara, “I am so gonna kill you!”

“Wouldn’t that be an interesting way to die…how long should I be waiting for that to happen, btw?” a silky smooth manly voice laced with humor and a dash of flirt made Meela look.

Min Ho who was observing everything from Tara’s take over and leaving station to play make believe porter of Il Woo to Meela’s struggle from a corner finally felt like joining the show.

“You heard that?” Meela looked embarrassed, “I’m sorry it was meant for someone else, no one was supposed to hear ….” Meela went on an apologetic tone then stopped mid-sentence recalling the inappropriate flirtatiousness and crinkled her eyes, “excuse me, what did you just say?”

“Sorry, couldn’t resist.” Min Ho replied offering her a disarming smile, to which Meela thought ‘So, you’re a handsome devil trying to get away with that smile, huh?’ Her train of thought was interrupted with another bomb dropped by Min Ho, ”How could I, especially when someone so incredibly refreshing is standing in front of my eyes!”

That set Meela’s eyes ablaze, but only for a second, as she hid it well and said, “And from now on I am partially deaf.”, pointing at his luggage she continued, “Aren’t you in a hurry to check in like everybody else. The name would be a great way to begin with.”

Min Ho decided to go out of his usual sweet and decent self to press her buttons a bit more, fishing for some more reaction that he was thoroughly enjoying, “Of course I was but once I was inside the lobby I was simply captivated by a ravishing beauty with a warm genuine smile. And the clock stopped ticking…by the way that smile has been lost for a while.”

Meela forced herself from scoffing at his flowery and absolutely fake remark, “me? a beauty? that too a ravishing one at that? Yeah right!”, thought she, somehow managed to be pissed at the moment, before taking a deep breath to calm herself down, “If that pick up line works for you most of the times, then” She scoffed a little, “…well…the less said on those ‘brilliant’ girls, the better, anyway, Name please.”, totally ignoring the breathtakingly the charms of the breathtakingly handsome man of 6 ft 2 towering over her 5 ft 4, she focused on the computer screen.

Min Ho laughed inside before giving her his name.

“That would be the VIP suite. Here is your key card. Enjoy your stay.”, she concluded her work with a tight, mechanical smile. “Roy will show you to your room.” She ran a quick scan through her eyes for Roy and then remembered he had gone with the group to show them their cabin. They were practically alone in the entire zone.

“Looks like you’ve just got unlucky enough to be stuck with me for some more.”, chuckled Min Ho.

“That depends….” Said Meela, “How good are you with directions?”

“That depends too!”

“On What?”

“On the ‘choice’ I make” He smirked, “This time I choose to be pathetic with it.”  He chuckled as Meela huffed, “Lead the way, please!”

 

Meela did not try to hide her annoyance a bit before reaching for the remaining key cards and the keys to the front desk before leading Min Ho to the elevator.

Indicating to all those keys in Meela’s hand, Min Ho commented, “I was under the impression that I only rented one room, not 10”

“I am just safekeeping the keys so that no one could get into any of the rooms unmonitored.”

They came out of the elevator and walked toward Min Ho’s suite.

“I wonder what you do when you are in the toilette”, said Min Ho out of nowhere.

“WHAT!”, the mask of professionalism Meela was wearing came off with a blast, “Excuse you! What are you even…”

“Sorry that came out wrong,”, said Min Ho in a very sincere manner, “horribly wrong.”

“You think?”

“Let me complete please.”, he kept on, “All I wanted to ask was do you keep taking the keys with you in the restroom too, when you leave the front desk empty?”

“F Y I, I am not usually on the Front Desk duty. It’s the lockdown and we still have guests as in you lot to attend, so, we are trying to help Claudia, the owner, out every way we can.” , Meela opened the room for him, here you go.”, they paused and added “ just to answer your question, “yeah the keys would take a toilette tour if need be. It would be better than leaving them unattended”

“Aren’t you the responsible one?”, smiled Min Ho “Thanks, Meela and yeah”, he added after a brief pause “nice meeting you.”

“Wish the feeling were mutual” throwing him the fakest of a smile, Meela muttered under her breath or perhaps not so much as it earned her another chuckle from Min Ho.

“This is gonna be interesting.”, said Min Ho still chuckling.

“I beg to differ, as I might not be readily available for your amusement as I would be busy and plan on being terribly so especially when you are concerned. But don’t worry, there would be someone else to help you out for the most of the part, one of your fangirls is here, you see.” Meela started to move but halted as Min Ho spoke.

“Unfortunately, you don’t belong in that category, I can tell.”

“Why,”, Meela offered him a slanted smile, “Is it that hard to believe you’re not the center of the universe? Does it really hurt that bad when you suddenly come to know the world doesn’t revolve around you?”

“Oh my! That mouth of yours! I’m gonna love it so much!”, Min Ho’s shoulders were shaking with laughter now which infuriated Meela even more.

“Dream on! At least dreaming would be a better use of your time than chasing skirts behind the Front Desks.”, she exhaled and added, “Anyway, enjoy your stay! Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got some work to get back to” Meela stormed off to the elevator door.

“Hey, Meela?” Min Ho called from behind, he was comfortably leaning against the doorframe now, when Meela turned, he smiled again, “Looking forward to our next meeting, my fiery fairy.”

“Don’t hold your breath.”, shot Meela “And I am NOT YOURS!”, said Meela getting in to the elevator.

“Not yet.” Min Ho offered Meela a cheeky smile.

“Not EVER!” Meela pressed the button hard.

“We’ll see about that, won’t we?”, muttered Min Ho with a smile on his face as the elevator doors closed.