One

Trust

“Yayyyyy…. I’m pregnant.”

After checking my pregnancy, I was excitedly holding test tube, heading home to surprise my husband.

Yet, when I entered our room, I saw my husband was hugging with my close friend on our bed. I got shocked to find out my beloved husband and my only best friend are having affair behind my back. I clenched my fist with having the pregnancy test tube inside.

 

“What the hell are you both doing?” I yelled at them then they broke the hug in a rush.

 

“Honey!” my husband turned to me with shocking face to be caught by me.

“Minsoo, I’m sorry. Your husband has been chasing after me…..” my best friend Eunha apologized to me and started sobbing.

“Eunha, what the hell are you saying? You’re making up story. Minsoo, it’s not like that. I didn’t betray you.” My husband denied.

“Shut up! It’s enough. Cheap husband and snake best friend! Kwak Aron, let’s get divorced. I’ll tell my lawyer to prepare our divorced procession as soon as possible and this dirty house you can use to stay with your mistress. We’re finished.” I strongly yelled to them then rushed to leave the house.

 

“Minsoo, Minsoo, Honey! Listen to me! You’ve to trust me. This girl is trying to break us up. I’m not having affair with her.” He ran following me behind.

I tried to ignore him. I hurriedly entered my car and drove away.

-----

 

“The man I love the most and the only best friend I have are cheating on me. How could they do this to me? I’ve just known that I’m being pregnant for around 3 weeks and was excited to announce it to my husband but ended up seeing his dirty secret with that cheap friend. I thought he loves me so much… And the worst thing, why out of the girls but why my best friend? Kwak Aron, how am I supposed to do with this baby?”

 

I drove to my older brother’s apartment, Minhyun- since he’s the only relative I have here in Seoul. Our parents are in hometown, Busan.

“Oppa, hik hik” I rushed to hug my brother as soon as he opened the door for me.

“What happened with you, Minsoo?” my brother worriedly asked me.

I couldn’t say anything to him yet as I kept crying so hard so my brother let me in to sit inside his living room and he kept holding me to console.

 

“Cry as much as you want then after that tell me what happened!” he said.

I continued crying for another half hour inside my brother’s embrace then I collected my bravery to tell my brother about what I saw when I got back home after work today.

 

 

“This can’t be true. Aron will never cheat on you. It must be a confusing. You both have to talk. You can’t just get divorce like this. Calm down and take rest for now! Tomorrow I’ll take you to talk to him.” My brother didn’t believe what I saw. Aron is his best friend so most of the time he trusts Aron more than me.

“You can’t be always on your best friend’s side. He is cheating on your sister. I’ve to divorce. He cheats on me with my best friend. Both of them are not human. They both are cheap.” I kept bawling.

“You both have married for 3 months. You both are husband and wife now. You can’t be childish like the time you were still dating. Argue then run to me? You should stop all of this. You must talk with him tomorrow. I’ll accompany you. And if he really cheats on you, I’ll beat him to death. I promise! Okay, go to rest for now!” my brother made a deal. I nodded to agree. Then he guided me to his spare room.

I kept crying for the whole night. Aron kept calling me but I ignored him. I kept sleeping with holding my pregnancy test tube and I felt so sorry for my baby.

-----

 

Next day, my brother took me to meet my husband at a café. I didn’t look at his face at all. I just hate him and want to slap him so much.

“Minsoo-ah, I was so worried about you last night.” He worriedly asked. I didn’t reply and kept turning my face away from him.

“So what actually happened, Aron? My sister said you’re cheating on her with her best friend. Is it true?” my brother asked.

“No, Minhyun, it’s not true. That girl is the one who keeps chasing after me since I got married with Minsoo. But I never look at her. I dare not to tell Minsoo because I don’t want her to feel hurt. I try to explain to Eunha to stop all of these crazy acts. She promised to stop but last night she came to my house and asked to wait until my wife came back. That time she said she was having a terrible hangover so she wanted to take a nap. She asked me to take her to our room. I believed she was really sick so I took her in but she suddenly hugged me and pulled me to bed with her. That moment Minsoo arrived and saw us in that position before I managed to get rid from her.” Aron was trying to explain to my brother. My brother seemed to believe him.

“You lied. Eunha said you’ve been chasing after her.” I couldn’t bear with his make-up story so I shouted and stared at him furiously.

“It’s not true. Why do you trust your best friend over me? I’m loyal to you. You know how much I love you and happily living in our marriage life, right?” He tried to act innocent.

“Minsoo, you should trust your husband more. Husband means family. He’s more important and trustful than friend. I know Aron, he can’t betray you especially you’re the only younger sister of his best friend. Give him a chance!” my brother helped to speak for him.

I felt alone. Since our dating days, Minhyun-oppa always stays at Aron’s side. I remained silent for a while to think about my brother’s word.

 

“Fine! How should I give him a chance again?” I tried to hold my upset and asked my brother.

“Go back home with him and spend the life as normal! Don’t care about that girl!” my brother replied.

“What if I catch them again?” I asked.

“Then I’ll help you with the divorce and break his legs!” my brother promised.

It made me calm a bit by hearing Aron’s explanation and my brother’s promise. I decided to give him a chance.

 

After meeting, my brother left us. We drove back home together but on the way I remained silent and kept acting cold to him. I didn’t totally lose my anger and doubt with him yet.

-----

We spent the whole day at home together but he was busy with his laptop so I just kept playing with my phone.

 

“Kwak Aron, give me your cell-phone!” I went to his desk.

“Honey, what do you want to do?” he asked.

“Why can’t I check your cell-phone? Give me if you’re really innocent.” I shouted at him. He handed his phone to me. I tired to check everything- message, sns… etc but I found nothing between him and Eunha.

A moment later, he came to hug me from behind. “I told you right I’m not cheating on you.” He said confidently after I caught nothing on his phone. I handed his phone to him back. “I hope so. Don’t let me catch you again!” I firmly warned him again.

 

“Right, you were saying you’ve not seen your period yet. Have you done pregnancy test yet?” he seemed to remember I told him a few days ago about my period. I remained silent for a while to think if I should tell him I’m being pregnant or not. Then I made a decision not to tell him yet. I wanted to have all trust in him back first. “I’m having my period now.” I lied.

“Ahh, I was excited that we’re having a baby now… It’s okay. We have plenty of time. Let’s have one soon!” he said then kissed me on cheek. He always mentions to me how much he wants a baby but since my trust on him is being broken, I’ve to hide it from him for now.

-----