FINISH

That's Okay

A chilly morning woke up Seungwan from slumber. After opening her eyes, she immediately smiled because Joohyun is sleeping in her arms, snuggling into her neck and finding warmth in her body. When she looked at the clocked they still have time before work but she wants to make a breakfast for them but can’t move because Joohyun hug her like a koala.

 

“Baby wake up it’s already time we have work to do.”

 

I caressed her cheeks. “Baby come on wake up I’ll prepare your favorite breakfast” I persuaded her but her eyes are still close.

 

I had no choice but to use my secret weapon in waking her up. I started pecking her forehead, her eyebrows I really like her eyebrows when she is raising it. Then her cheeks and lastly her lips. I think it’s working since she is crinkling her nose.

 

“Baby it’s cold” her baby voice is coming out this means she is lazy to do something today. Looking at her she resembles a bunny who needs attention and of course body warmth because she is always cold.

 

Instead of waking up she snuggled deeper in my neck. Eyes still close but I can feel her smile in my neck.

 

I decided to let her sleep since we still have time before work.

 

And because she is still hugging me I can’t move a single muscle afraid I will wake up the baby. I just decided to hum a lullaby and caressing her back because I felt her shivering when the wind blew in our direction.

 

While thinking the dishes Hyun likes to eat in breakfast she is slowly moving. Finally!! When I look at the clocked again I didn’t realize that I daze off for an hour and we really need to prepare for work.

 

“Wan why you stopped humming” eyes still close while asking me this. She is really cute when its morning.

 

“Oh babe you’re finally awake” I peck her forehead.

 

“Baby I don’t want to work today” she said looking at me while pouting. Ow em ji those eyes how can I refuse that??!!

 

Good lord why did you make her so beautiful and cute at the same time and her cuteness overload when it’s morning. I want to squeal like a teenager while witnessing this. I gotta calm my heart.

 

“But babe you have meetings today right? You can’t ditch those”

 

“I can and I will” she said while still hugging me tight.

 

“But…”

 

“No buts Son Seungwan” I immediately shut my mouth. I don’t want trouble in the morning.

 

“Okay, okay whatever you want princess but we still have to inform the company okay? We can’t just ditch without notifying them” I untangle her hug and got up to pick up the phone to relay the message to my secretary. And text Hyun’s company for sick leave.

 

When I got up, Hyunie is whining for the loss of warmth. Such a baby.

 

“Baby comeback it’s cold”

 

“Just a minute babe”

 

“If you don’t come back her in a minute I swear” she threatened.

 

Gosh why is she so scary even in the morning? “Coming Hyun” I immediately said to avoid her sharp gaze.

When I got to her side I instantly hug her “So what do you want to do Hyun?” I lied down properly and she put her weight against me.

 

“Can we stay like this or watch a movie later? It’s chilly I don’t want to go outside”

 

She is practically hovering above me how I’m a supposed to move? Hands on my waist and her face is in my neck. When I look at her face again she is asleep already like how can she sleep that fast? Her talent still fascinates me. And I decided to join her in dreamland, and that is how we spend our chilly morning.

 

*-*

 

When I opened my eyes Seungwan is still sleeping, how cute her cheeks so fluffy and I can’t resist myself and I slowly poke her cheeks and examine her expression. Her cheeks I want to eat them like a fluffy mochi.

 

While looking at her I didn’t want to make a move afraid she will wake up because I want to admire her beauty right now.

 

When I look at the clock it’s already 11am I didn’t know that we slept till this late. But who am I to complain it’s not every day we can do this. Work has been consuming our time.

 

“grrrrrulll” wow my stomach is hungry now I need to wake up my baby to feed me.

 

“Baby wake up I’m hungry. You said you want to cook for me.”  I’m cupping her cheeks. Why she has to be so cute even in her sleep. She is slowly waking up and rubbing her eyes.

 

“Baby you said you will cook for me” I said while pouting. “Yes I will I just need a minute to stretch”

 

I check my phone for any messages and to my surprise my mom texted me. She said she wants to see. That’s new since we really didn’t talk for a year now since she didn’t approve with my relationship with Seungwan. I just ignore and it will probably pass by. I’ll just focus on Seungwan right now.

 

We got up and prepare for breakfast, today I want to spend it with Wannie.

 

As usual her cooking skill is at the top. She should be a chef by her talent but no she’s managing a company but she is still my private chef. My chef Wannie.

 

“Wannie let’s watch a movie”

 

“Hmmmm what kind of movie you want to watch babe?”

 

“The notebook?”

 

We cuddle in the couch while watching and that is how we spend our time.

 

 

*-*

 

Days goes by and the couple barely see each other since they are busy with their own job. But Seungwan always makes time to text and call Joohyun if she needed something and to check up on her. She also sends meal in her office to make sure she is not skipping a meal. It became their routine to be like this for 2weeks.

 

It’s always Seungwan who takes care on Joohyun. Always the one who gets paranoid if she is not replying on her messages.

 

This day Seungwan have an early off in the company since they are nearly done with the proposal with international investors. The last thing they will do is to fly to Canada to present the proposal and have them sign the contract. She will fly this week that’s why she plans to make a dinner for Joohyun.

 

While cooking her best friend Seulgi texted her saying they need to pack their bags because the investors change the date of the presentation of the proposal and they need to leave tonight to catch up the latest flight.

 

But Seungwan is still half way into cooking and she want to inform Joohyun in person but she can’t do that now. She packed up her things while still checking in her dishes that are still cooking.

 

She plated the dishes that Joohyun loves and texted her since she can’t contact her, it always directed her in voice message.

 

“Hyun I have to leave for now I’m going to Canada to proposal presentation because the investors change the date and Seulgi and I need to catch the latest flight. I love you, take care okay? I cooked for you just eat it when you got home”

 

*-*

 

Joohyun is still in her office and barely checking her phone since she needs to finish the things her boss needed.

 

When she got home the house is empty but in the dining area there is food cooked by Seungwan and when she checks her phone she regretted not opening it earlier. Seungwan texted her 4 hours ago and her plane probably took off and can’t receive the message she will send now.

 

In fact, Joohyun has been distant of Seungwan in this past few days ever since her talk with her mother who suddenly shows up in front of their building and demand to meet her immediately and not wanting to create a chaos she decided to talk to her.

 

“What do you want mom?” She asks annoyed by the mere presence of her mother

 

“I just want to talk to you and your relationship with that girl” They are in a café

 

“Seungwan” She said while massaging her head “Her name is Seungwan not just any girl okay”

 

“Sure sure” Her mother said dismissively  “I want you to comeback home and get your mind straight no one will accept your relationship with that girl”

 

“My friends accepted it. You are the only one who can’t accept it”

 

“I’m your mother you should obey me”

 

“You’re just my mother and this is my life I can do anything with it and I can love anyone who I wanted to”

 

Joohyun is trying to hold her anger inside her how can her mother tell her what she can do with her freaking life.

 

“It’s just a phase once you got bored you will leave her eventually and find a man who can give you a life and children” her mother said it arrogantly.

 

How can she say that?

 

“For freaking sake how can it be a phase?!! I’m already 27 tell me in this age is this still consider a phase to you?!!” Joohyun can’t help but to raise her voice.

 

“Tell me why you don’t like Seungwan? Is it because she is a girl? Or you just plainly hate her because she can make you daughter happy and contented in her life?”

 

“I just don’t like her” her mother rolled her eyes

 

“Her mere image disgusts me. I don’t approve in this same relationship, it’s against the law”

 

“That girl will break up with you eventually and she will find someone new and better who can keep up with her status. Joohyun you’re just no one. She can replace you, a year in a relationship prove nothing”

 

After saying that her mother took her leave and Joohyun is left with that thought her mother fed her mind. What if Seungwan can find someone new and someone better than her not just a normal person.

 

Joohyun tends to overthink that’s why Seungwan always reassure her. But now that they are busy with their jobs and barely seeing each other her mind has been over the clouds.

 

*-*

 

And here she is staring at nothing and thinking about Seungwan she can’t probably replace her right? But what if she can find someone new in Canada while is away. She can’t right?

 

Her mind has been a whirlwind she can’t think straight (not that she’s straight) she decided to call Joy to accompany her in their apartment.

 

“Joy can you come here. I —I need to talk to someone I might go crazy right now”

 

“Hey unnie wait for me okay I’ll be there in a few minute”

 

In a span of 30 minutes the doorbell rang and Joy appeared breathless because she ran like a mad woman afraid her unnie is in trouble or something with the tone of her voice in their call.

 

“Unnie!! Unnie what happen?!! Are you hurt? Where is Seungwan unnie to take care of you? Seungwan unnie!!!” She shouted

 

“Seungwan is not here”

 

“Why? Did something happen? Did you guys broke up?!!” She asked scandalous

 

“Yah!! Of course not”

 

“Then why you look so down unnie?”

 

“It’s just my mother. She came to the office few days ago and she talk to me”

 

“Is that why your mood is down this past few days? What did your mother tell you? I already told you unnie not to listen to that witch”

 

“She said Seungwan can replace me and find someone new and better who can keep up with her status. I mean she’s not wrong right? Me and Seungwan are totally opposite” Joohyun said while looking down. She is fidgeting her fingers

 

“Don’t listen to that witch she just want you guys to break up or something. Can’t she see you are happy with unnie”

 

“But what if she’s right?” She asked looking at Joy in the eyes

 

“Have Seungwan unnie made you feel like you are not enough? Did she make you feel like you need to change yourself just to fit in? Did she make you feel like your love will never be enough for her to stay?”

 

Joohyun is now tearing up because no Seungwan didn’t make her feel like that. Seungwan always assured her that being her is enough. Just her is enough so why is she still doubting Seungwan’s love for her?

 

“No, she always tells me that I’m enough. That I don’t need to change for her”

 

“Then unnie why are you still doubting her? Is it maybe you who is not really settled being with her? Are you afraid of the future?”

 

“I really don’t know Joy”

 

“Maybe you just need some sleep unnie come on I will accompany you tonight in sleep”

 

*-*

 

One week and Seungwan will go home today. She and Joohyun didn’t talk much. Seungwan has been anxious and wanting to go home already if they didn’t need to close this deal she is at home right now with Joohyun.

 

“Seul I’m nervous Hyun and me are not talking properly this days’”

 

“Yah! Wan-ah maybe she is still busy you know they have a new deal right and preparing for the launch”

 

“Yeah I know it’s just she can just reply a dot and I will be happy to see that”

 

“AHAHAHAHAHHAHA yah AHAHAHAHA a dot REALLY?!!” Seulgi can’t stop her laughter because of her best friend antics, really a dot who will be happy to see that? Maybe just Seungwan

 

“You can stop laughing now” Seungwan pouted while looking at her phone and still got no message from Joohyun

 

They are now at the airport waiting for their call to board the plane.

 

“Wan-ah look Joohyun unnie will probably shower you with hug and kisses when we got home okay? Don’t sulk now”

 

-

 

On her way home she is looking distant. She misses Joohyun very much and all she wants to do is to hug her very tight. A week is like a hell to her why did she have to leave Joohyun for that investor. Right her father will skin her alive if she didn’t close the deal.

 

In the mid-afternoon she opened the door expecting no one since Joohyun still in her office. But she’s wrong her girlfriend is sitting in their couch. She called her name but she’s not responding she walked cautiously and sit beside her girlfriend.

 

“Hyun are you alright?” She asked carefully afraid she did something to upset her.

 

Joohyun just look at her and cried suddenly.

 

Seungwan panicked and hug Joohyun immediately.

 

“Baby what’s wrong? Hmmm did something happen why are you crying”

 

Joohyun look Seungwan in the eyes and tried to talk but her hiccups are refraining her to do so.

 

Busy wiping the tears from her girlfriend face she didn’t notice the heart eyes Joohyun is giving her.

 

“Wait here babe I’ll get you a water okay?” She said while holding Joohyun’s cheeks.

 

While waiting she tried to held her breathe to reduce the hiccups.  

 

“Here babe drink this” handing her the glass of water.

 

After calming her “so want to talk why you suddenly cried? And why are you ignoring my calls and texts? Did you know I miss you every day and I’m sorry for not properly telling you I’m flying to Canada cause its very urgent. Sorry babe”

 

She talks nonstop not giving her girlfriend to respond

 

“Wan”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Do you love me?”

 

“What kind of question is that? Of course I love you”

 

“Really?”

 

“Are you doubting me? Because I can list a 100 reason to love you right here right now”

 

“Ohh that’s not needed” She said soullessly

 

“Hyun tell me what’s wrong? Is there a problem at work? Or do we have a problem? We can talk right now to solve it”

 

“Do you really think we can last long in this relationship?”

 

“What kind of question is that? Of course we can last as long as we can. As long as you can love me.”

 

Seungwan tried to reassure her girlfriend who is having a doubt in their relationship

 

“Tell me Hyun what really happen”

 

“It’s my mom she talked to me a few days before you leave. She said we can’t last long and you will find someone new to replace me”

 

“Hyun... baby look at me” she said while holding Joohyun’s face.

 

“When will you realize that you’re the only one I need in my life and nothing else? You need to trust me and yourself Hyun.”

 

“Sorry Wan-ah you know I’m slow in realizing things”

 

“That’s okay. When I’m with you I’m no rush Hyun” Seungwan said while slowly pulling Joohyun into hug and kissing her forehead.

 

“We don’t need to rush things Hyun, we can take this slowly.”

 

“That’s okay”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-thank you for reading *-*