beginning - end

Behind the Scenes

the sound of shoes squeaking against the floor echoed in the semi-lit dance studio as lisa huffed as she continued practicing. the clock reads half past 11 at night and the rest of her members already fled home as they'd wrapped up their practice for the day. not for lisa, she was busy polishing up the steps for her new dance video that she'd be filming sometime the following week. 

the building was nearly empty at this hour, her being the only artist left along with some staff at the front desk. her arms swung in the air effortlessly as the music nearly reaches its end. with a final blow, lisa ends the routine with a pose before letting her knees hit the floor. the truth was that she wasn't satisfied, the dance was missing something but she wasn't sure what exactly. with ragged breathing, the girl crawls to her bag that lied against the wall and took her phone out of it before resting her back against the wall as well.

her phone opened with one swipe and a series of messages come up on the screen, all coming from one contact. a faint smile rises up to her face subconsciously as she clicks on it.

 

hey there, busy bee! hungry? you've

been practicing all day

i'm good! we got food at home :)

too bad, i already sent a delivery to

your company's building

you're crazy!

you love me though

 

lisa sighed as she put her phone away. with their busy schedules, she had no idea how they made it work. jungkook was in and out of recording studios, and doing schedules here and there it was even a miracle that they got to see each other every once in a while but lisa appreciated that jungkook always made time just like he promised. when he asked her to be his girlfriend that night on the staircase of a busy event, she was taken aback. blackpink had just started gaining popularity and she knew this was only the start of her career but after half a year of jungkook waiting, she finally got back to him and said yes.

her train of thought is quickly interrupted as she hears three knocks coming from the door. she hopped onto her feet and walks to the door before swinging it open, coming into view with the person she had just been talking about. lisa's lips formed into a smile and before she knew it, she was beaming at him. jungkook was in front of her, dressed in a plain shirt and jeans with his coat on, carrying a plastic bag with food. she snapped out of it when she realizes the situation before her. lisa pulls him in by the arm before peeking out into the dim hallway. it was empty, but cameras were definitely on.

 

"are you crazy?" lisa whispered to jungkook, but her lips formed into a grin in spite of herself.

"there was no one in the front desk! by the way i'm gonna need a word with them about that. anyone could have come in," jungkook's expression changed into a stern one as he sets down the food and plops down on the floor as if it were his own home.

lisa stood there for a moment, watching as the boy had begun preparing the food for them to share. she follows him shortly, making her way to the floor and joining him to eat.

 

"i don't see what's wrong with it? it's amazing, lis" jungkook's eyebrows knitted together as lisa held her head in frustration as she'd finished showing him her dance routine. "it's missing something," she groaned.

"take my hand," he stood in front of her, hand stretched out for her to take. she takes it and jungkook pulls her up to her feet. his hand rest lightly on her waist as he brought her closer to him and starts moving at a slow pace, swaying them both slowly.

"the song isn't even playing, kookie" lisa pulls away for a split second to reach for her phone but jungkook pulls her in again. he places her hands on the nape of his neck and starts humming a sweet melody. lisa couldn't help but laugh at the cliche moment unfolding in their practice room. she thought about how she'd be reminded of him now everytime she's in here but lisa knew she wouldn't have it any other way.

"you're crazy,"

"you love me though,"

"i do,"