Midnight Walk

Subject: Hellburn (SeRene)

The pale moon shines on the concrete floor of an empty street. Two shadows rose from a distance and moved even closer as they race into the scene.

“I swear if you come even closer I will hurt you!” a frightened teenager pleaded with a cracking voice doing his best to warn this tall woman who has been following him on an empty street.

But still the tall woman kept on approaching him and inch by inch he walks back. The woman’s hand reflected the moonlight by its cold metallic color and clenched it into a fist.

“Target locked… target cornered.” The woman utters in a robotic voice.

After the woman spoke the young man took off and gave a good ran for it. He ran so fast and in an extreme fear of what he just saw. After running aimlessly, he took a turn into an alley. But in his disbelief the woman is still on his back trailing him.

“Trapped on an alley corner after a midnight walk… come on! Please! I don’t want to use any kind of violence we can talk this through!” the young man pleads once again to the woman.

With no hesitation the woman pounced at him in a lightning speed, and planted a gut-wrenching knee strike to the young man’s stomach, sending him gasping for air! Now his on the floor crutching his stomach in pain, the woman then proceeds on grabbing his neck slowly squeezing the air out of him forcing him to stand back up on his feet.

“Doctor I have secured the target.” The woman utters in a robot-like voice.

But something distracted the woman, a shadowy figure blew by seemed to caught her attention and forced her to turn her head into that direction. In that split-second the young man acted on instinct and went on to land a slap on the woman’s cheek and released him from her clutches.

But the woman cocked her arm backwards and responded with a right hook. The young man saw the punch coming so he quickly dodged it but still got caught. The punch landed on his shoulder and seemed to snapped and dislocated it. He groaned after the hit, but another attack was incoming. The woman went for a kick aimed to at body.

The kick landed just under his ribs. But he held on to the leg grabbing it tightly. The woman went for another punch but this time the young man completely dodged it by docking his head. The moment he docked he quickly grabbed the other leg of the woman. A double under hook takedown, with all his strength he took all his weight and dropped it on the woman’s body driving her back first to the concrete floor.  The woman’s head bounced off the concrete floor with that sudden impact.

“Target acquired must capture!” the robotic voice once again echoed this time the woman’s eyes glow in a demonic bright red.

The young man heard what the woman said. And instinctively tried to reach the woman’s neck to pin her to the ground. But the woman overpowered him! Even with both hands grabbing her neck!

“Please stop! Please!” he shouted. Suddenly a wailing alarm like sound started and its coming from the woman. Like from a sci-fi movie robot about to destroy everything on its wake the woman’s body is shaking and seemed ready to rampage.

“Target… Sehun… must capture!” again the woman utters in her robot voice.

“What? How? How did you know my name?” the young man is actually named Sehun. Now his confused and afraid than he ever was.

The woman began shaking more vigorously, the beeping and wailing sounds fill the silent night into a buzz. The sight of a robot-like woman about to go berserk shoots fear into Sehun. His life is more endanger now than it was a few moments ago.

 Nothing in his mind but to protect his life, Sehun’s blood started rushing through his veins. His now in trance with his adrenaline overflowing. His heart pounded even faster and the only thing on his focused on doing is to survive.

Like a beast ready to go berserk the woman is back on her feet again! But Sehun is still grabbing on the woman’s neck as if his life is depending on how long he can hold on. The woman started throwing a couple heavy punches into Sehun’s body.  And it sounded like a punching bag with the woman’s metal fists bludgeoning his flesh. But Sehun never released his hold on the woman’s neck despite the pummeling he suffered. He begun gripping the woman’s neck tighter with all his strength at the same time enduring the body blows he’s receiving. His choke is now like a bulldog’s bite latched on to the woman’s neck.  The woman readied for another round of punches.

But suddenly.

Melted plastic like stuff oozed down from the woman’s neck. Like a wax doll melting with heat. The oozing stuff continued until it peeled off the entire part of the woman’s neck and even reaching the shoulder part, revealing a metal frame like bones. Sehun was shocked as soon as he saw the woman melted and revealed that she has no bones but have steel for it in exchange. Sehun flicked his hands to remove the plastic stuff, but another thing surprised him even more.

His hands up to his forearm is glowing bright red and orange. Glowing like molten steel, not only does it look like molten steel it feels like molten steel.

“I melted her.” a shocked Sehun kept on gazing into his glowing hands as embers fly around the area and crackles could be heard every time he moves it.

Suddenly the wailing sound stopped and the woman’s glowing eyes are shut. She collapsed on her knees and produced a clanking sound while different parts of her body started releasing visible sparks of electricity. Sehun got back to his senses but still in shock of what the woman was he paused staring at it. gray metal like bones could be seen under a melted wax like flesh and a foul odor contaminated the surrounding.

No words could explain what his seeing with both his eyes and so he utters no words even in shock of what he discovered from the woman. Even his glowing hands, he could no longer process what his seeing. Bright orange and red it seemed like a metal ore pulled from a furnace.

After a while he got back on his feet and set to run as fast as he could sending embers into the air while he run his way back home, away from the scene and back to his apartment where he stays alone.

Sehun finally made it to his apartment, and directly to the sink he rushed. Opened the faucet and into the water his hands go! While he breathes heavily, steam shrouded that small space of his apartment. After the steam faded, he pulled away his hand from the running water. A grim look painted his face as he saw his arms turned coal black after dipping it into the water. Sehun took a deep breath while watching his arms, he then wiped the foggy mirror. He saw his self, a lifeless brown eye being blood shot red ready to tear up anytime. Maybe all that happened stressed him up. He washed his face and his black wavy hair got wet too and along with the water dripping down his face tears went crawling down too.

His now blackened hands have seemed to lose all the heat from earlier. And into his small bed room, the shock left him staring at the ceiling above him. Wondering if he ever killed someone, agonizing over the idea of fear and recalling all the feelings of being alone, going home to an empty house where his ceiling is all he could ever talk to and stare at. Clenching his fist and covering his eyes with his forearm, tears roll down once again from his cheeks while he falls asleep through the pain of loneliness. 

Meanwhile a few moments after Sehun left the street. A well-built man seemingly in his late 30’s wearing a white lab coat came to the scene.

“Sorry Mo Ra, I was a bit late. But it seems like Subject Hellburn has finally awaken from his slumber.” The man uttered while he slowly touches the face of the motionless woman. But a sudden breeze blew and a shadowy figure once again revealed itself but quickly drowned with the darkness of the night. The unknown man adjusted his eye glasses with his finger.

“I guess we’ll be leaving sooner than expected.” The man whispered to the motionless woman as they too faded into the night.