The Beginning

Subject: Hellburn (SeRene)

Tomorrow’s my entrance exam at the university. I don’t doubt myself passing it, I believe I can pass it but to be honest the goal is still blurry. I’ve been suffering from poverty my whole life. My single mom took her own life out of depression. Been working at a fast food chain just to feed myself. Is getting a degree can suffice all this pain and suffering?  To be honest the only thing that made my life a bit happy was that time I joined a Jiu Jitsu club back in high school. I don’t know if I like it because I was good at it or did I like it that much I became good at it? Either way that small run made my life a bit busier.

I guess I over think a lot of things these past few days. My small gray apartment is more like an asylum when I’m alone, which is all the time, who am I kidding anyway. I guess a breath of fresh night air would clear my mind a bit.

I took my black cap and stepped out my apartment’s door. I always walk around this street but this night seemed to be awfully quiet than usual. A few cars pass by, a couple of convenience stores open, nothing new but the chilly air is tingling on my skin. Should have worn my jacket instead of this thin shirt.

A whisper startled me and stopped me on my track. What? money? I asked and partly because I didn’t hear that well.

“I’m offering you money.”

The woman replied to my question. I was a bit shocked being offered money on the street by some unknown woman under a moonlit sky.

“No, sorry.”

I quickly responded.

THUD!

I felt a cold steel like object pound the back of my head and everything went black out from that moment on.

The moment I woke up, I was inside some room laying on a hospital bed and many things like tubes and apparatuses are attached to my body.  A blurry vision of a man and a woman staring at me. I couldn’t understand their whispers though.

And again, I passed out after being awake for a moment.

I woke up again this time in agonizing pain! My body feels like I’m being burned from the inside. my eyes opened and I saw my veins bulging all over my arms felt all my blood rushing through them and seemed like they’re about to explode. my stomach also feels like hell and I immediately throw up when I felt that pain.

It lasted hours of that constant pain, I can no longer open my eyes. All I feel is pain and heat running through me. I thought I died at that moment or maybe I did die. Maybe my heart did stop beating or my lungs no longer took air in and out of it. all I know is that there was that blanks space where I felt nothing.

Everything went silent and the heat slowly withered. My consciousness went back but still, I can’t move a muscle. Then a sudden chill crawled on my skin and is this concrete I smell? I wondered where am I. then a voice started to echo.

“Wake up mister! Wake up!”

I woke up and the first thing I saw is man.

“Sir, are you ok?”

The man asked me, but I could not respond I could only open my eyes all the other muscles in my body are still numb.

I looked around and saw my reflection from a glass door panel of a store across the street. I was embarrassed as I saw myself . And gathered all my strength to stand up. Luckily the man was a street sweeper and thought that I was just a drunk guy that was robbed.

He assisted me and helped me get to the police station, thinking I was just all that drunk so, he didn’t take me to the nearby hospital. And I was shocked as hell as I realize that I was gone for 3 long days.

Sehun- me, was gone and abducted. I don’t know what happened everything was blurry. And the police didn’t believe me. As obvious at it seem in their eyes I was just a drunk guy who got robbed. Yes, I was robbed. I didn’t have the chance to take the entrance exam those people took that opportunity from me.

And that horrible feeling I felt. That wasn’t just a dream. It was all so real. I can still feel it burn inside me aching on my joints and scorching under my skin.