In Their Home

Iris

A mere 30 minutes later, I am stepping out of a black van onto a side walk somewhere in Seoul. I shift to the side so that my 5 companions can easily file out one by one, the setting sun kissing their cheeks and setting their eyes ablaze. Once we are all set the girls lead me through a door and into an elevator that just barely fit the 6 of us and 2 managers inside. I ended up in an awkward position against the back wall with Wendy and Yeri on my sides and Irene directly in front of me. It would have been fine if her back was to me but that is not the case. I fight to keep my eyes planted firmly on my feet cause if I were to look up even a little bit I would either look somewhere I shouldn't or directly into her piercing eyes. Staring at the tips of my shoes I can see her shifting her feet in what I assume to be a gesture that means she also feels awkward. I've never conscidered myself a lucky person so I don't know what to call this... luck or some evil out to get me. As the elevator comes to an unsteady hault Irene loses her balance enough that she has to reach her hands out and catch herself on the wall behind me.

Out of instinct I look up at her and wrap my arms around her waist to make sure that she doesn't fall but that action alone pulls her into a tight hug with her hands on the wall either side of me and my chin on her shoulder. In that split second I felt like the main character of a sappy romance. As fast as it happened I pull back and release her with my cheeks undoubtably burning red. It doesn't help that a bunch of "Oooos" and "Aweees" come from the rest of the people in the small space.

"A...Are you alright? I didn't mean to um...hold you so comfortably like that, it was out of instinct." I clear my throat and awkwardly itch the back of my neck while avoiding eye contact.

Irene takes her time in pushing off of the wall, then taking the time to massage and rotate her wrists before responding, "It's...alright." she turns her attention to Wendy and says something in Korean to which Wendy turns to me, "She says nice catch. I have to say..." she raises her hands to cup her face while giving me big doe eyes, "that looked exactly like a scene from a drama. Really romantic."

I internally groan and look away from the still gushing idol. I step around Irene and quickly follow the others who have already exited the elevator and were just watching everything unfold. Ignoring all of their looks I glance around the hallway ahead of me. It is well decorated with pictures and potted plants as well as a chandelier in the middle. At the end of the hallway there is a single white door with a pretty wreath decorated with white Tulips and little plastic birds.

A touch on my shoulder brings my attention to my right where Wendy stands with a kind smile, "We'll follow you. I promise there's nothing scary behind the door." she says with a light chuckle.

Giving her a simple nod, I make my way down the hallway until I am face to face with the door. Hesitating for only a second, I reach out and twist the knob and push it open. Light from a window directly across from me assults my eyes and I have to blink a few times before I can see the room clearly. After the painful tears have dissolved I glance around to see a beautiful white walled room with a large beige couch facing towards the window. Above the window is a large flat screen TV, which I kinda expected they would have. Off to a doorless room on the left I can see a large and well stocked kitchen with white quartz counter tops and wooden cabinets.

"What...you think?" Joy says as she walks past me so that she can spin around and give me a broad smile.

I pause for a second, admiring how the sun glows around her silhouette giving her an even warmer feel. Shaking myself out of it, I look around once more and give her a smile of approval, "It's very beautiful and cozy."

The other girls walk past me and start to make themselves at home by dropping stuff here and there and either disappearing around the kitchen corner or sitting on the couch. Irene, I notice, passes me last and glances over her shoulder as she does so as if inviting me to follow.

I would follow if I could but my lungs have stopped working and my legs refuse to move. The way that the sun is hitting the side of her face as she looks at me illuminates her dark eyes turning them into a burning amber and her soft skin looks like it is powdered in golden dust. In that split second she looks like a complete goddess to me.

I was probably visibly swooning cause when I snap to, Yeri, is giving me a raised eyebrow from where she sits on the end of the couch. Doing my best to ignore her suspicious eyes, I move forward and peek into the doorway of the kitchen. On the otherside of the spacious room I can see another hallway with doors branching off of it.

"Oh! Blair, are these yours?" Wendy asks drawing my attention back to the couch where she is pointing at 2 suit cases.

"Oh, yes! Thank you." I say moving over to them so that I can check their condition out of habit.

Seulgi comes into the room from the kitchen where I had seen her on the phone and starts speaking to Wendy who then turns to me to translate, I assume. "Seulgi said that she called about a bed for you. They said that they would set one up tomorrow in one of our rooms. Are you alright with sleeping on the couch for tonight?"
I nod and glance at the super soft looking couch, glad that I will be sleeping out here at least for now cause my heart wouldn't be able to handle suddenly staying in the same room as one of these beautiful women. "Yeah, this is perfect." I take a seat and sink right into the coushin.

A floral patterned pillow suddenly comes into my view and I look up into the eyes of Irene, "For you." she says in a thick accent with a lower tone that makes my insides shake like jelly.

I take it from her and run a hand gently over the pattern, "Thank you. It's a beautiful pattern." I say smiling up at her. I don't know if it's just me but it feels like her eyes lingered on me for a second before she moved away and disappears back to the other end of the kitchen.

"Treasure that pillow. She never shares them. You could say she's a bit of a pillow fenatic." Wendy says, eyeing the pillow like she is going to take it from me. Instinctively, I pull it into my chest and give her a wary look to which she starts laughing hysterically. "Relax, I won't take it from you. I'd rather not face Unnie's wrath."

I relax a little and let my back become one with the lushious couch. All in the same moment I can feel the exhaustion from the day come crashing down on me, especially the ache in my back from having to sit up straight for so long. Without meaning to, a yawn escapes my lips.

"Omo, we should leave you alone to take a bit of a rest before we have something to eat. Do you need a blanket?" Wendy says having witnessed my expression of exhaustion.

I shake my head pulling a fluffy pink blanket out of my carry on bag. "Alrighty, we will let you have the room to yourself." she says with a chuckle before saying something to the other girls that are still here. Within the next minute I am left in the room completely alone and the only sound I can hear is the A/C and the faint sound of someone playing on their phone.

Shaking out the large blanket, I lay onto my side and cover myself. I'm suprised by just how soft the pillow Irene gave me is, the texture brings me to hug it to my face tightly and just like that I fall asleep.