Complete

Electric Love?

"Thank you guys for 900k followers!!" 

Bae Joohyun is a rising Tiktokers with almost one million followers. She didn't expect the crowd when she first uploaded her video, and so she decided to be active and slowly build a healthy and safe community. On some of her videos, her bestfriend from child Kang Seulgi sometimes appeared, especially when it comes to dance cover video. They're both good when it comes to dancing, and they recently make a K-Pop dance cover titled 'Monster' where the choreo is so intense. As expected, the comment sections filled with their ship name. 'Seulrene' , 'Aseul' , what else? Basically everyone ship Joohyun and Seulgi so much, someone even make a compilation video of their moment. Seulgi is the one who's often liking and replying the comment with heart emoji, maybe she wants to say that she agreed that both of them look good together? Lol.  But upon all the obvious sign, Joohyun seems to not know anything.

"Seul, I think I should do something special for this 900k followers celebration, but I can't think of anytthing," 

Seulgi looks up from her phone to see Joohyun staring at her, pouting. Cute.

"Uhm, what about you do the popcorn duet?" Seulgi suggested.

"Nooo, I already done that... Hmmm what else?" Joohyun takes a seat beside the orange hair girl, resting her head on the girl's shoulder sighing. Seulgi is already used to this skinship, but she still got tense around the older woman.  Hearing no response from Seulgi, Joohyun tilts her head to see the younger woman who's eyes travel anywhere else but her.

"Well... I don't know,"

"Should I make the to all the boys I've loved before challenge?" 

Seulgi snaps her head as she protests, "WHAT? NO!" 

Big smile appears on Joohyun's face, she thought it's cute to see Seulgi like this whenever she mentioned her ex boyfriends. Yes, Joohyun have several ex boyfriends and her bestfriend always being so overprotective about it. She's not complaining though. She think it's just an act of care from a bestfriend, right? But one thing is  Joohyun never know why Seulgi never tell her about her love life, and she chose not to pry any further.

"Just kidding Seul," 

Seulgi looked away immediately, cheeks red as tomato, "Hmph, I'll go now, see you tomorrow Hyun" 

"Awww, just stay for the night, Seulgi. It's already past midnight, it's dangerous outside," 

"Joohyun, my house is literally right next to yours,"

"Right, I forgot" 

Yeah right, Joohyun and Seulgi is also a neighbour, their parents have known eachothers even before they both born, like pratically they're bestfriends too. And maybe it passed to them. 

.

After Seulgi left, Joohyun haven't sleep yet, she stills scrolling through Tiktok to find ideas. And then a certain video caught her attention. It's a kiss your bestfriend challenge. Interesting, she thought. Her mind suddenly imagining herself and Seulgi, kissing? LOL sounds like fun! Joohyun somehow feel warm at the thoughts. Maybe she's just too excited. 

"So we just need to let the song flow and then kiss your bestfriend when the song hit 'electric loveeee'" Joohyun click on the sound of the video to see the other videos about that challenge. Mainly it's girls kissing their boy bestfriend, okay no problem. But Joohyun think of what will happen if she did this to Seulgi, 

"I think its okay, right? It's just a challenge,"

Okay, she made up her mind, she'll do it tomorrow. She texts Seulgi to remind her about their day out tomorrow.

.

Morning came by fast, Joohyun is having brunch, and Seulgi supposed to come like half an hour ago. If she didn't appear any second, maybe Joohyun will give her a smack-

"Sorry I'm late,"

Oh there she is. Seulgi smiles sheepishly at Joohyun as she sits in front of the latter, taking her glass of orange juice. Joohyun just shakes her head, she expects Seulgi to be late as usual. Seulgi is wearing her favourite oversized black and white stripe Tshirt with bright blue jeans and white shoes, same with the one Joohyun's wearing now, meanwhile Joohyun with her black tight Tshirt and dark blue jeans. They already looked like a couple.

"Yeah, want some butter toast?"

"Sure,"

Joohyun stood up to prepare the toast, Seulgi looks around trying to find anyone else, "Where's your parents hyun?"

"Oh, they're busy doing y know that morning pspspsps thing" Joohyun makes an annotation with her hands

"What is pspsps thing?"

"Seriously Seul?"

"I seriously don't know what're you talking about Hyun," Seulgi looks at Joohyun dead serious, like she didn' get a single thing. 

Joohyun sighs, " Seulgi, they're doing now"

"Oh..." Seulgi's face is now red as hell. She clearly didn't expect that answer at all, "Why did you say it outloud!!" She fanned herself with her hand, feeling hot.

"Cause you didn't understand when I told you pspsps"

"Hmphh but you don't need to say the word,"

Joohyun just laughs, she didn't know why Seulgi is so clueless about things like this. Like she's so innocent. She often fanned herself when she's embarrased or shy, lol. And again Joohyun starts to consider doing the challenge or not. She's afraid she might get Seulgi faints or something.

.

After they've done their brunch, they got in Seulgi's mini cooper. They already plan to try the new cute cafe downtown, and after that they'll go to Ikea because Irene said she wants to find a new shelf to put in her room. The weather is perfect, sunny day with blue sky! Joohyun pull her phone out from her pocket to take a few pictures of the sky and Seulgi. Yes, Joohyun love to takes picture of her bestfriend for no reason. She said it's for documentation lol. 

"Do I look good?" Seulgi asks, eyes still on the road, but her lips form a smile, as her eyebrows raise.

"pFFT what?" Joohyun giggled

"No?" 

"No what?"

"No good?" Seulgi pouts, "Wait, I should've put this sunglass-" 

"You're beautiful Seul," Joohyun Suddenly said, "No need sunglasses," She put back Seulgi's sunglasses to the car compartment.

"T-thanks.."

After half an hour listening to the radio, they still haven't arrived because of the heavy traffic. Joohyun then remember she needs to do the challenge. She puts her phone and attach it to the dashboard, preparing the song on Tiktok. Seulgi who's watching asks, 

"What are you doing Hyun?"

"Oh I'm just preparing my phone for tiktok video, is that okay with you? If you don't mind I want to make this easy dance challenge,"

Seulgi's eyebrows furrows in confusion, "Dancing in the car? Like right now?"

"It's not that dance dance you knoww, it's just uhm, you just need to swing your left hand to the right and left, something like that," 

"Ohh, only one hand?"

"Yes! I will also do it one hand! just do this like up and down, left and right," Joohyun moves her right hand following the movement she just made on her mind, just to fake this so Seulgi will follow along. Seulgi seems excited with this sudden easy dance video, "Like this Hyun?" She happily swings her hand.

"Yyess, that's right, okay I'll start when we've arrived in the parking lot okayy?"

"Okay!!"

When they've arrived, Seulgi quickly taps on Joohyun's shoulder, "Hyun, see my move, is this right?" Lol why is she so serious about this dance, Joohyun thought, cute. "Yes Seulgi, I think you're ready, should we start?"

Earning a nod from the younger girl, Joohyun click on the red button to start the recording. The electric love song starts playing, and both of them dance to it with their hands,

~Baby, you're like lightning in a bottle~

Joohyun can't lie that she's feeling nervous, her heart beats faster when the song nearly reached the . She secretly eyeing Seulgi who's eyes focused on the phone. 

~I can't let you go now that I got it~

I can do this, yes! 

~All I need is to be struck by~

"Hyunnie what move after this? you haven't told-" 

~Your electric Loveeee~

Seulgi gasps when Joohyun suddenly pulls her into a kiss, hand on her neck keeping her steady. What the ? Seulgi is beyond surprised that she can't even think of anything and let nature follow along. Seulgi placed her hand on Joohyun's waist as she kisses her back, more intimate. Oh my God, Joohyun swearcares she just wanted to give a peck and that's it! But why is this so good?! Wait what?

"S-Seul!"

"Hm?" Seulgi is biting her lower lip, making her moan, wait this is not right, Seulgi is her bestfriend!

"Stop Seulgi!"

Joohyun pushed Seulgi's shoulder carefully, Seulgi looked confused, her eyes screams sadness, why? 

"Seulgi I-"

"Sorry Joohyun, I know I crossed the line," Seulgi hung her head low.

"No you don't need to say-"

Then Seulgi realized the phone is still recording, she quickly reached for it and stopped the recording. Then suddenly something came up on Seulgi's mind.

"Wait a second... Joohyun did you do this on purpose? You kissed me for content?" Seulgi sounds angry and sad at the same time, and Joohyun heart breaks every second the words left out .

Joohyun can't answer it because, well? She clearly doing it for the challenge right? But why Seulgi is so angry about it? Joohyun did not understand at all!

"Why are you so angry Seul!"

"How can I not Joohyun?!"

"This is only for a challenge for sake Seulgi!"

Whoops wrong line there Bae Joohyun. Seulgi's taken a back at that. 

"Just a challenge? Really Joohyun?"

Tear started to pour down on Seulgi's cheeks. She thought Joohyun kissed her because she likes her, but turns out its just for a challenge on tiktok. TIKTOK! Joohyun seems to realize she did a wrong move.

"Wait Seulgi It's not like that,  I'm sorr-"

"Let's go eat," Seulgi not wanting to hear anything opens her car door and walks her way to the cafe entrance, leaving Joohyun dumbfounded.

They sat at the corner of the cafe, such a good view. Seulgi usually will tell Joohyun to take a picture of her, but the younger one seems to be quiet after the incident. Joohyun also kept quiet, she didn't know where to begin. Everything is messed up. She didn't know her idea made her relationship with Seulgi broke like this, she didn''t want that!

"Seul..." Joohyun quietly calls her name, Seulgi only responded with a hum, eyes looking at the scenery. 

"At first I only did it for the challenge...."

"I know,"

"But, I did not expect you to... kissed me back..."

Seulgi flick her tongue in annoyance, "Listen Joohyun, I like you, no I love you for years untill now, I'm sorry but I can't hold this anylonger. I'm fine if you didn't want me as your bestfriend anymore, I'll leave" 

"What?" 

Bae Joohyun is now the one who's surprised by the sudden confession. She never know about Seulgi's love life because she is the one? Why? But they are bestfriend right?

"Seulgi we're bestfriend,"

"So what?"

Joohyun massagge her temple, she's having a headache now. How come the shy Seulgi became this straightforeword and bold Seulgi?

.

After the cafe visit, they decided to head back home, when they've arrived they didn't say any word, but they know Seulgi is waiting for an answer. And Joohyun will give it now.

"I'm sorry Seul..."

"You rejected me then? Okay I get it, its fine," 

"Wait-"

"I just want to request that video to not be posted, please delete it,"

"I actually-"

"Goodbye Joohyun"

That's the last thing that Seulgi said to her. 

.

Few weeks has passed, and Joohyun didn't hear a thing from Seulgi. What happened to them? Joohyun missed Seulgi terribly. She missed having Seulgi next to her, playing her hair as she falls a sleep. Shaing stories about their day, God, she's screwed up. But does Joohyun love her though?

"Do I love her?"

Her mother who just got back home after groceries gave her a goofy smile, "Honey, have you seen Seulgi's girlfriend?! Oh my godd I'm so happy for her she finally have a lover!! How come you didnt tell me?" 

"What?"

"Seulgi's girlfriendd!!" 

Joohyun feel her heart dropped, Seulgi? Girlfriend? Another woman that's not her? With her Seulgi?

"NOOO!!"

"No what honey!! Tell me about it!!"

"Mom Shhhh!!" Joohyun ran to her window and saw Seulgi with another woman, hugging?! 

"Wait why am I like this?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know mom!!! I haven't talk to Seulgi for a month!! I missed her so bad but I can't do anything now that she has a girlfriend!!!" Joohyun scratched her hair in frustration. Her mom gasps, 

"Honey Joohyun, do you love Seulgi?"

"Huh?"

"You just sounds like a jealous wife,"

"Mom what-"

"Actually I'm just kidding, it's Seulgi's cousin, not her girlfriend, we had a good talk down there," Her mom giggled, damn!

Joohyun's mouth is opened wide, her mom just pranked her wtf?! But now she knows one thing, Bae Joohyun Loves Kang Seulgi. 

Joohyun waste no time to come out and meet Seulgi outside,

"Hey, can we talk?" Joohyun interrupt Seulgi and her cousin.

The cousin asks, "Oh who are you?"

"Not now Joohyun," 

"Joohyun? You're Joohyun the Joohyun Bae?!"

"Yes?" Joohyun hesitately answers, what is wrong with this woman?

"I HEARD FROM SEULGI THAT YOU-" Seulgi put her hand on , preventing her from talking. Seulgi drag her away from Joohyun, looks like she told her to go. Joohyun followd them though, "What was that?"

Seulgi became quiet again. Joohyun noticed that Seulgi became thinner, and she have panda eyes now. Sleeping trouble?

"Seulgi I want to say that-,"

"I don't want to hear it, Joohyun" Seulgi cut her fast, her hand fidgeting. Nervous.

"What?"

"I think I'm done talking-" Seulgi turned her heels and was about to leave when a hand held her wrist, 

" Seulgi I love you !" 

Seulgi's jaws dropped, "What?!"

"I LOVE YOU!"

Seulgi frowns, she looked around sharply, searching for a hidden camera or something, "Is this your new content?"

"Huh? No Seulgi, what the ,"

"Oh"

Joohyun pulls Seulgi by the waist, surprising her again with the gesture. Seulgi seems not sure about this, like she's afraid this will ends up like last time. But Joohyun will make sure it will not happen again, because now she realized she like Seulgi more than a friend, she's more than a bestfriend to Joohyun. Joohyun wants to spend the rest of her life with Seulgi. She can't lose her again.

"Kang Seulgi I love you"

Joohyun conffess again before she leans in for a kiss. 

"I love you too Bae Joohyun,"

After all the up and downs that happened because of the challenge, Joohyun think if she didn't do it, she might not realized how much she love Seulgi, so she did not regret it at all. Like the song said, they are struck by electric love.

 

END

 


YAYYYY!!! Thankyou guys for reading this story, I appreciate if you leave a comment or critic, sorry if there are many grammar error :" This just a short fic, the kissed my boyfriend challenge appear on my tiktok timeline and this idea about Seulrene suddenly popped up lol, once again thankss! see ya in another story!