Chapter ONE

Let's Date...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suddenly the baby monitor starts crackling. Minseok stirs as his sleep is interrupted by the sounds of his daughter crying. The clock reads 2:30am. At least she slept longer than last night, Minseok thinks.

As he slowly rolls out of bed, half asleep, it occurs to him that he has been up with her for the last several nights. Alone. With no help from a certain someone...

Minseok turns away from his daughter's room and heads down the hall. He reaches his hand to knock but thats more kindness than the father of his daughter deserves. Throwing open the door loudly, Minseok marches over to the king size bed and its silk sheets.

Luhan is sound asleep. There's no baby monitor in this room. Is Minseok insane? How has he been letting this idiot get away without helping with his own daughter!

"Luhan." Nothing.

"LUHAN." Still nothing.

Minseok hears the baby from down the hallway. Someone needs to get down there and he'll be damned if its him again.

"Thats it." Minseok leans over and starts smacking Luhan on the face. "Wake up you idiot, your daughter is screaming down the hallway and its your turn!"

Luhan throws his hands up to defend himself, still mostly asleep. "Minseok, what are you doing? Go back to bed," Luhan mumbles. His head hits the pillow and he's out again. Minseok thinks he's going to lose it.

"You stupid...idiotic, son of a...why I ever slept with you I don't even know," Minseok starts rattling while grasping Luhan's sheets firmly.

 

Luhan hits the floor and curls into a ball as the slapping continues, paired now with Minseok's loud shouting.

"You're a horribly person and a horrible father and I hope your career goes down the toilet. Now get up and go take care of your daughter. Its your freaking turn!!"

Luhan finally makes it to his feet and grabs Minseok's wrists. For a moment Minseok is taken aback. Luhan's face is right in front of his. They haven't been this close since...

"I'm going, okay, so stop screaming and hitting me." Luhan stomps off down the hall to his daughter's room. Minseok wonders for a moment whether he hover over Luhan to make sure he takes care of their daughter properly. But his bed is calling and its his first night for a chance at extra sleep. Minseok heads back to his room and sinks into his bed, almost asleep before his head hits the pillow.

 

******

 

"I've got her." Baekhyun lifts the baby away from Chen and lays her down in her crib and gets her favorite stuffed cat.

"Don't forget her feeding schedule, it's on the fridge. I left the extra formula in the top cabinet," Minseok runs around looking for his backpack while reeling off important babysitting information. "She likes listening to Luhan's latest album, for reasons beyond me." Minseok finds the backpack and heads for the door. Baekhyun and Chen give each other that look.

"Minseok. Relax. This isn't the first time we've watched her. She'll be fine."

Minseok runs back in, "I forgot," and kisses his daughter before heading out. The door swings closed and the house is silent finally.

Chen gets out his laptop to start his work for the day. Luckily he can work from anywhere and Baekhyun is able to leave his cafe to the manager so its easy for them to watch the little girl.

"I don't know how Minseok's doing it, honestly, he's basically a single parent", Baekhyun starts picking up toys around the living room.

"Don't give Luhan such little credit. His career is insanely busy right now, what's he supposed to do?"

"Minseok said he had to force him to take a turn waking up with her the other night. He has a busy schedule too. I'm just saying Luhan needs to help out more. Plus, he's missing out. This is his daughter, his family, even if it wasn't planned they should still be more important to him than his career."

Chen sighs, "You know Luhan. He's always been all about himself. I've never known him to even take a day off whether he's in the studio or performing or interviews...If Minseok is expecting him to suddenly become someone else then he's going to continue to be disappointed."

Baekhyun stares down at the little pink person dressed in her little deer footie pajamas. "I know....it just would have been nice for Minseok and Luhan to have been together in a normal relationship before this. A one-night stand is no way to make a family."

Chen gets out his phone, "I'll text him."

 

******

 

"That's it for the show. Great interview Luhan. Everyone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter