Breathless

Lovestruck: A Story Collection

Andrea

Birthdays were not among her favorite days. In fact, she would rather avoid them all together but society dictated an occasion be made. Every year she smiled politely as friends and coworkers smiled while cheering ‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY!’ despite her insistence that it was just another day and for everyone not to make a big deal of things.

The only one who seemingly took notice of her lack of enthusiasm for the day was her boyfriend, Jimin. But rather than his usual slipping her a gift over breakfast or taking her out to dinner, this year he seemingly just forgot the day entirely.

“Morning, jagi. What’s on your agenda for the day?” He nuzzled her neck on the way to the coffee maker, breath ghosting over her skin warmly.

“I need to be on campus in a little over an hour. I’m covering three lectures today and then I have office hours but I should be free for dinner.” She leaned back into his embrace.

 

“I don’t know what time I’ll be home. We’re working on the album plus we’re planning on some choreo practice for the last leg of the tour.” They moved to the table, Jimin all easy smiles but she blinked wordlessly. “Oof almost forgot something!” He popped up and her eyes brightened until she saw he was just headed for the kitchen to get his coffee.

Be careful what you wish for…

Her small office at the university was obnoxiously decorated with the tackiest birthday decorations that could be found, she was sure of it. She smiled tensely through the English department’s off-key rendition of Happy Birthday and being presented with messenger bag for her laptop. It was a nice gesture that she appreciated but one she could’ve done without.

 

In the middle of her office hours, her text alert for Jimin went off.

J: Don’t wait for me to eat dinner. We’re ordering here. Love you.

Well that was new. After all these years of wanting people to ignore her birthday, the one person who she didn’t mind acknowledging it had completely forgotten it. She went back to grading papers and helped the students who came in, pushing her disappointment to the back of her mind.

Hours later, she was headed home finally. Stopping at her favorite restaurant on the way, she grabbed enough dinner for herself, deciding to eat while looking over the latest notes from her thesis committee. Between the new messenger bag being an unfamiliar weight on her shoulder, especially with the books her thesis advisor had recommended, and the bags of takeout, she barely got the door open and wait a minute, hadn’t she left the kitchen light on this morning when she left?

A light near the couch switched on, startling her enough to make her jump with a not so silent gasp. Jimin was sitting on the couch, his posture giving off a vibe that he wasn’t happy.

 

“Jimin you scared the hell out of me! Why were you sitting here in the dark?” She deposited everything onto the kitchen table and walked towards him but stopped when he clicked the lamp all the way on, illuminating his face. His usually relaxed face was almost hard in its focus on her.

“Where have you been?” His voice was low with an edge to it that had goosebumps breaking out all over her.

 

“Umm...I thought you were gonna be late so I met with my thesis advisor and then I grabbed dinner on the way home since you said you were eating with the guys.” She felt small under his gaze.

“I see. So instead of letting me know you’d be late in case I had a surprise for you, for your birthday…” He rose from the sofa, his movements fluid and graceful and oh he did remember. “You just figured what the hell…”

“Jimin…” She sighed as she heard, rather than saw, him walk towards her and blinked when he flipped on the light in over the table. A moan died on her lips when she saw her boyfriend fully, black tank top and black sweatpants.

 

“Not another word or sound.” He took her hand and led her to the bedroom. A thousand things flew through her mind to ask but she kept shut, swallowing moan after moan as she felt Jimin’s hands roam all over her. “I thought something had happened to you. I called your office and there was no answer and I tried your cell but either you had it on silent or it was turned down because you never answered.”

He pressed himself against her and she had to fight not to groan at the feel of his hard against her thigh. Jimin wrapped his arms around her and slid his hands under her shirt to push it over her head. He ran his hands over her chest and over her s, still covered by the thin material of her bra before reaching behind her to unhook and take it off as well. She let herself sigh as he maneuvered her back onto the bed and peeled her jeans off of her, placing kisses as he went, taking her underwear with the jeans.

 

“You’re so beautiful, jagiyah…” she heard him sigh and looked down to see him gazing at her lovingly as he shifted to settle between her thighs. Jimin trailed his fingers over her almost throbbing . He leaned down and captured a between his teeth and flicked his tongue over it, teasing it to a hard peak before moving over the other . Just as he captured it between his teeth, he slid a finger into her without any warning and she had to bite her lip to keep from .

“God you’re so wet for me already, baby.” Jimin his lips as she arched into him as he slid his finger from her to rub up over her slowly. “And so responsive but still not making any noise, just like I told you. You’re so good. But I want to hear you now. Let me hear how good I’m making you feel.”

She moaned as two fingers slid into her, her back arching again as his finger pumped in and out, his thumb pressed back and forth against her . She twisted her hands in the sheets, Jimin’s name interspersed with the pants and incoherent mumbles and groans falling from her lips as she felt her building.

“Are you close? I can tell you are but not yet.” He withdrew his fingers, earning a pained groan from her that turned into a whine as she watched him his fingers clean. “You taste so sweet.” Jimin took her hand and pulled her to a sitting position and captured her lips in a kiss, sweet and tender that turned hungry. He seemed to cherish every taste of her and ran his tongue over hers, stealing her breath until she was seeing stars. And then he was gone, leaning back to pull his tank top off and divesting himself of his sweatpants as well. “Do you trust me, jagiyah?”

 

“With everything I am, baby. You know that.” Her voice was breathy and low but the smile she was rewarded with...her heart almost skipped a beat.

“I just needed to hear you say it first. Turn over, baby.” He ran his hands up and down her sides as she moved onto her hands and knees. This wasn’t an uncommon position for them so she was a little curious why he needed to be reassured of her trust. But thoughts were quickly wiped from her mind as she felt his delicate hands spread her legs and position himself behind her, running his fingers between her slick folds. His fingers were replaced by head of his pressing into her and she sighed, pressing back into him until she felt him bottom out, his hips resting against her . He waited, giving her time to adjust to the position, before withdrawing almost all the way from her body before ing back, his hips meeting hers with a snap, a hiss escaping at the sensation. Jimin set a steady pace and she rocked her hips in time with his s. He leaned forward, his fingers finding her to toy with it, bringing her closer and closer. He pulled her up until she was sitting on his thighs, hips rolling against hers, finger rubbing back and forth languidly over her as her head lolled back against his shoulder. He brought his other hand to , running his fingers up and down the column of her neck gently before grasping her neck tight enough to slow her access to oxygen.

He the shell of her ear as he tightened his grip, her vision going fuzzy around the edges. Between the angle of his s and his finger moving over her , she was so close but the fact she was fighting for air gave an edge to the pleasure she felt building. She felt him tighten his fingers just a little more before he released his grip on and then felt them tighten once more. She could feel his mouth moving against her ear but couldn’t hear him over the sound of her heartbeat. He released his grip on and with one more roll of his hips, she was gulping oxygen into her lungs and riding through her , Jimin’s arms around her waist the only thing keeping her upright.

 

The next thing she was aware of, she was laying down on the bed and Jimin was padding back to the bed with a washcloth to clean both of them up. She curled over onto her side when he crawled into bed, his arms already beckoning her over. She settled into his embrace with a hum.

“Are you okay, jagi?” His voice was quiet and full of doubt as he pressed a kiss to her forehead.

“Why wouldn’t I be?”

 

“Well I knew we’ve talked about that before but not specifically this time. And I didn’t know if I went too far.”

“Baby it was perfect. I could’ve tapped out but I didn’t so don’t worry so much. Thank you, though.” She pressed her lips to his to, hopefully, silence anymore doubts.

“Happy birthday, jagi.”

 

 

 

A/N: *Ahem* The beauty of having friends who also write is a blessing. Aurelia wrote this for me as a b-day fic and I still blush whenever I take a moment to reread it! Keep reading guys and check out Aurelia's stories here: A Lark in the Thorns