Chapter 2

YOU ARE MY HEART Vol. 2: Back Again

Jae-Yoon’s room was neat and well organized. His toys were carefully put away and nothing was scattered on the floor. He had a long rail transport system that ran around his room. It even went underneath his bed. A model train was running constantly, as if its was the real thing, it stopped from one station to the next.

“Where did Solar mama put it?” He pondered for a moment, “the closet?”

As he rushed over to the closet, he tripped on his train and knocked it on its side. He quickly picked it up and placed it back on the rail. He then turned his attention back to his original goal. He slid the closet door open and excitedly glanced around. His eyes lit up when he finally discovered the whereabouts of his treasure. It was tugged neatly to the side of his closet.

He stretched out his little hands and grabbed the gears. He raised it into the air as though it was a trophy he had just won. The crimson color shined beautifully under the sunlight. He put it on, although it had a rough and sturdy exterior, it was quite comfortable underneath.

He tapped on his chest, “this is my armor! I’m a knight!” He proclaimed as he raised his fist into the air, “where’s my shoes?” he looked down at his bare feet.

He glanced around the room before he looked in his closet. He found his boots on the floor in front of him. He put them on, his outfit was almost completed.

“Can’t forget this.”

He grabbed his helmet and went over to his vault, where all his toys were. He opened one of the box and grabbed his hopper. He then opened a smaller box next to it.

“Extra ammo!” he spoke excitedly as he stuffed them into his pockets.

Once he was satisfied that he got enough, he knew he needed one last thing. He walked up to it and stood proudly, it was one of his most prized possession. He picked it up in his hand and felt the excitement pumping into his veins.

“I finally get to use you at home!” He grinned widely, “it’s paintball time!” He screamed as he rushed out of his room.

When he got downstairs, he found Solar and Whee-In in a serene setting. They were having some tea. They had their outfits on, although it looked identical. Their helmets was on the table next to them. The color was plain and ugly, at least according to Jae-Yoon, since it was made for camouflage on the field. Jae-Yoon handed the hopper and gun over to Solar and she proceeded to attached them together. She added the air tank and barrel before she handed it back to him.

“You think this is a good idea?” Whee-In spoke hesitantly.

“Of course!” Solar replied, “it’s gonna be fun.” She patted Jae-Yoon’s head.

“Yeah! It gonna be fun!” he spoke excitedly, “are you guys ready!?”

“Yes,” Solar grinned

Whee-In smiled, nodded, and sighed.

“Come on! Let’s go! Let’s go!” he rushed.

They put on their helmets, grabbed their paintball guns and followed Jae-Yoon outside. Solar had the gun over her shoulder, her hand gripped tightly on the handle, her finger on the trigger. She was most likely grinning under her helmet. Whee-In, however, held it in both hands, the barrel pointed toward the ground. Jae-Yoon was waving his through the air while he screamed.

As though they were watching an action movie, where the main characters were being introduced. An epic entrance of background explosions and slow motion were being used, excluding the explosion of course. In their eyes, Moonbyul and Hwasa saw the paintball trio walked out in slow motion. They looked at each other in horror and swallowed hard.

“I think we’re in trouble,” Hwasa commented.

“You think!?”

“What should we do?”

“Reason with them?” Moonbyul suggested, but even she doubted that would work.

“Are you sure?”

Moonbyul thought for a moment, “not with Yong-Sun. How about Whee-In?”

Moonbyul’s words made Hwasa laughed hysterically.

“Did I say something funny?”

“Yes and no,” Hwasa replied, “Whee-In is a no go.”

“Why not?”

“You know how scary Solar unnie can get!?”

“Then why did we get ourselves into this!?”

“Fun?” Hwasa laughed.

Moonbyul glared over at Hwasa, “you can still laugh?”

“Unnie, your reactions are the best,” she slapped her thigh as she spoke.

Moonbyul sighed and peaked out from the window of the treehouse to the trio down below. Hwasa followed suit and peaked from the other window.

“They look so cool and y in that outfit,” Hwasa whistled.

“Yeah, they do,” Moonbyul agreed immediately, “what am I saying? Hush,” she nudged Hwasa, “let me focus.”

“I was only stating a fact.”

“I know. Shh—” Moonbyul turned toward Solar and questioned, “what are you guys doing with those?”

Solar looked up and lifted her visor, “painting the treehouse,” she answered sweetly.

“With paintball!?” Hwasa raised her voice.

“Problems?” Solar raised her brow.

“Yes!” Hwasa and Moonbyul protested.

“Are you guys gonna play?” Jae-Yoon asked.

“We didn’t bring our gun,” Hwasa replied nervously, she’d hoped this would end the battle before it’d even begun.

A few moments later they heard a soft creaking noise. They looked at the other side of the treehouse where the rope attached to the small makeshift elevator was being used. Moonbyul had it installed for Jae-Yoon to transport snacks up to the treehouse. It was too small for people to use but could transport most items if they were not heavy.

The elevator arrived with a crate of items. They pulled out the contents, looked at each other, and knew the battle was unavoidable. Solar had sent them their respective paintball gun with extra ammo.

“No guns? No worries. I came prepared,” Solar smiled.

“Can’t we talk about this?” Moonbyul laughed nervously.

“Nah~. I think we talked enough.”

“Come on. Be reasonable,” Hwasa demanded.

“Don’t provoke her!” Moonbyul whispered.

“Are you coming down then?” Solar questioned.

“No! Never!” Hwasa protested.

“Your choice,” Solar smiled.

“Is Moonbyul mama and Hwasa mama not coming down?”

Solar cleared , “they are knights of the evil castle!” she began setting up the scene, “we must battle them to get to the evil king. He has captured Moonbyul mama and Hwasa mama. We must save them!”

“A battle! Cool!” he jumped for joy, “Moonbyul mama! Hwasa mama! I’ll save you!” he proclaimed loudly.

“What?” Hwasa looked over at Moonbyul and raised her brow.

“I don’t know,” Moonbyul shrugged.

“DIE EVIL KNIGHTS!”

Jae-Yoon shot at the treehouse which caught Hwasa and Moonbyul off-guard. They let out a soft screeched before ducking behind the wall. The trio down below scattered and found covers as they sent a barrage of bullets toward the evil castle. Moonbyul and Hwasa got on their knees and gave a nod as a form of agreement.

“Game on,” they spoke in unison.

They shot back at the trio, Moonbyul was in charge of suppressing fire while Hwasa tried to snipe them. They had the advantage of higher ground which made it ideal for Hwasa and made her more than happy to play. She was chuckling every time she pulled the trigger. Solar was a sniper so she was their primary target. They had to made sure she didn’t have the time to line up her shot. Whee-In and Jae-Yoon were both wild cards, so their accuracy weren’t high. It made them less of a threat.

The yard, the house, the tree were getting very colorful. It wasn’t evenly distributed and could be said not very aesthetically pleasing either. The paint were beginning to seeped through the walls and floor of the treehouse. It stained Hwasa’s and Moonbyul’s clothes but they were having too much fun to care.

Solar managed to pulled off a few shots but they only managed to be closed calls. Her accuracy had taken a hit since she had no time to aim. She had to stay in cover as they were shooting at her constantly. She changed her tactic slightly and sprayed bullets while still took aim every so often. She felt happier as the game dragged on.

It was about 20 minutes before someone was hit by a paintball. The first to get hit was Whee-In. She laid down and pretended to die when Jae-Yoon dashed over to her. He pulled out a rolled of masking tape and she raised her brow. He ripped off a piece and taped it over the paint plastered on her outfit.

“What are you doing?” She questioned.

“Saving you!”

“Saving me?”

“I’m a medic!” he proclaimed proudly.

“A what?”

“Fight on Whee-In mama!” he screamed as he dashed off.

“What? Hey!” she sighed then shrugged, “I’m back I guess,” she was still confused but went along with it and got back into cover.

“Whee-In! You can’t do that!” Hwasa protested when she saw Whee-In got up. “You’re supposed to be dead!”

“Nuh-uh!” Jae-Yoon screamed, “I saved Whee-In mama!”

“With what!?”

“THIS!” He raised the taped into the air.

“Tape?”

“It’s magical bandages!” he corrected Hwasa, “you put some on and you’re okay. That’s what they do in video games.”

“That’s not how that work!”

“Yes it is!”

Hwasa looked over at Moonbyul, “what have you been letting him play?”

“Don’t look at me,” Moonbyul shrugged.

“Fine then,” she looked back through her scope. “I’ll just have to take out the medic first.”

Moonbyul was firing at Whee-In and Solar while Hwasa was waiting for her chance to hit Jae-Yoon. She bide her time and patiently waited for him to popped out. He jumped out and started spraying bullets at the treehouse. Some of the splattered hit Hwasa’s face but she didn’t flinched. She shot him on his chest, he laid down slowly and squirmed about. Hwasa smirked, contented with her latest hit.

A few moments later, Jae-Yoon flipped onto his stomach and slowly crawled toward cover. Hwasa shot him on his but that didn’t deterred him. He only pretended his injuries got worst and moved slower. She shot him on his once more but that still didn’t stop him. Not long after he got into cover he popped out once more, this time there was a piece of tape on his chest and two attached to his bottom. He shot at Hwasa and it almost hit her.

“Jae-Yoon! You can’t heal yourself!” Hwasa protested as she hid behind the wall.

“Yes I can! The magical bandages said so!”

“No you can’t!”

“Yes I can! I’m a medic!”

Jae-Yoon antics made them all laughed and he was more than happy to join in.

“Give it up,” Moonbyul interjected, “you can’t beat kid’s logic.”

“Fine.”

Hwasa got out from behind the wall and shot at Jae-Yoon, with the hail of bullets coming his way he jumped into cover. As he flew through the air he felt like an action hero. The bullets passed by him in slow motion and he elegantly dodged them. A few managed to scrapped his clothes, it shredded the cloths at the point of contact. Some flew pass his face, it left behind a cut and blood trickled down at the tips. At least that was how it happened in his mind.

In truth, he tripped, fell backward and landed on his . He rubbed it for a few moments before he got back into the game. They went at it for about an hour before Jae-Yoon was burnt out. He’d ran around the backyard nonstop so naturally he was tired. Before he even had the chance to remove his helmet, he laid down on the paint covered grass and fell asleep. They stopped their game and went over to him.

Hwasa and Moonbyul climbed down from the treehouse. They both were covered in paint although they were not hit. The stained came from the paint oozing into the treehouse. Their hair and faces were not spared either. The paint were still rolling off the tips of their hair.

Whee-In had a few splotched of paint here and there as she was hit a few times. Although there were taped on top of them since Jae-Yoon administered first aid on her every single time. She took off her helmet and fanned herself with her hand. The sweats ran down her face as she sighed. Hwasa looked at her and smiled.

Solar was the cleanest out of the five, it was as if she was absent from the yard during the battle, even though they shot at her the most. Solar removed her helmet and her hair flowed out elegantly. The wind gently carried the strands of hair along as they passed. Her sweats flowed down her face and followed the outline of her chin before it dripped off. She took a deep breath and smiled. Moonbyul stared at Solar, enchanted by even the slightest movement.

“You’re drooling,” Hwasa whispered as she nudged Moonbyul.

“Speak for yourself,” she nudged back.

“What are you two whispering over there?” Solar stared at them.

“Nothing,” they answered in unison and laughed nervously.

“He can sleep anywhere can’t he,” Whee-In commented.

“That he can,” Solar agreed.

“Let’s take him in,” Moonbyul picked Jae-Yoon up in her arms.

As they were heading in Solar thought she’d heard something. She looked to her left toward the street but saw nothing out of place. She glanced around some more but found nothing strange. I thought for sure I heard a camera clicked. Am I imagining it? Is someone watching us? She looked even harder but still found nothing.

“What’s wrong Solar unnie?” Whee-In turned around and questioned.

I shouldn’t worry them over nothing. “Nothing. Let’s go in,” once they got inside, she locked the door behind her. Why can’t I shake this feeling?

Whee-In thought it was strange since Solar doesn’t normally do that until night fall, “are you sure nothing’s wrong?”

“Yeah,” Solar smiled wryly, “let’s go clean up those two.”

Whee-In looked over at Hwasa and Moonbyul, nodded before she replied, “agreed.”

Whee-In grabbed Hwasa’s arm and led her to the first floor bathroom. Solar gestured Moonbyul over with her fingers and they flirted their way up to the bathroom on the second floor. They were kissing passionately before they even made it through the bathroom door. Moonbyul closed the door behind her. She leaned against the door as Solar ed her shirt.

Solar ran her fingers down Moonbyul’s chest and followed the trail of paint and sweats to the curves of Moonbyul’s body, before finally slid the shirt off of Moonbyul. Moonbyul reached her arm around Solar’s waist and pulled her forward. She gently bit Solar’s neck before she led Solar’s lips toward her.

Solar dropped Moonbyul’s clothes onto the floor and Moonbyul proceeded to undress her. She didn’t have to look to know where the buttons were and only used one hand to undo them as she continued to kiss Solar. She quickly got Solar out of her clothes as she caressed Solar’s body. She felt every curves at the tip of her fingers. Once they were completely undressed, Moonbyul picked Solar up. Solar’s leg were wrapped around Moonbyul’s waist. Her arms were around Moonbyul’s shoulder as they headed for a hot and steamy bath.


*If anyone thinks that it need a mature rating on it, please let me know.