41 | Good Mornings & the Unexpected

Bride of the Virtuous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment."
— Anonymous

 

With a soft grunt, Byun Baekhyun reached behind and snoozed his buzzing alarm clock before rolling back into his previous sleeping position—a position he had stayed in for most of last night and one that provided him, as far as he could remember, the best sleep to date. It was a position that gave him a sense of peace and comfort—a sense of bliss and relaxation he wanted to prolong for as long as possible.

 

The culprit for such desire: the "something warm, soft, and fragrant" nestled in his arms. Its temperature, texture, and intoxicating scent easily hauled him back to the land of blissful dreams and clouded his memories of last night's dilemma. If this was heaven, he would fight tooth and nail to stay.

 

Having woken up from the sound of the alarm beeping, Ara felt something heavy draped around her waist, and something long and hard pressed against her lower back.

 

It didn't take long for her to recognize the "something heavy" was Baekhyun's arm hugging her securely from behind, but the "something long and hard" was one that took her a while to guess. One that required her some time to believe her initial hunch—that the rod-like object touching her lower spine was indeed nature's good morning call to men.

 

Based on the portion touching her back, a quite detailed image slithered its way into her mind, its length and girth flashing before her.

 

Ara felt her cheeks grow hot in that instance. She was surprised and embarrassed that something so ual was the first thing she thought about this early in the morning.

 

Gently patting herself awake, she buried the image in the back of her mind and ever so quietly tiptoed out of her husband's bedroom and over to her now empty one.

 

|| …………… ||

 

What a nice dream. Baekhyun thought as his full consciousness was summoned by the second-round of beeping being emitted from his phone. He had snoozed his alarm for only fifteen minutes, but thanks to the lingering sweet scent that filled his room, he felt as if he slept for another hour or two.

 

Suddenly remembering his roommate from last night, Baekhyun immediately shifted his gaze to where his wife should've been sleeping, only to find it already cold and empty.

 

Interestingly, the sight of her hastily-made side, made him smile. It was the first time in a long while he had gone to bed with a woman without engaging in any form of ual activity, yet if he were to be honest, the hours he spent last night just sleeping next to his wife was more pleasurable than any other night he had spent quenching his carnal desires.

 

After taking in the heavenly feeling and intoxicating fragrance for another minute, Baekhyun eventually yet hesitantly threw the blanket off him and got ready for the day.

 

|| …………… ||

 

Ara paused on her tracks the moment her lenses fixated themselves on Baekhyun. He was seated behind their marble counter, quietly sipping his black coffee and reading today's news—an innocent scene she had witnessed a number of times before.

 

But with the image of his manhood she vividly pictured earlier in bed once again fresh on her mind, she felt the same sudden rush of blood pool in her cheeks, making her peach blush more pronounced.

 

"Ara?" Baekhyun interrupted, looking up from his phone after sensing his frozen wife watching him from a short distance away. Setting down both the device and his pale blue mug, he walked over to her with a questioning yet slightly worried expression present on his well-rested face.

 

"Everything okay? You look a little flushed," he continued as he reached up to compare her temperature with his.

 

"I'm—I'm fine," Ara replied, managing to break from hypnosis and call back her composure. "Really, I'm fine," she restated and lowered his hand from her forehead with an assuring smile.

 

Hoping to create some distance, restabilize her internal temperature, and switch his attention elsewhere, Ara set her eyes on the wide array of hearty breakfast items neatly arranged on the other half of the long counter. "But…what's the occasion?" she asked, hauling Baekhyun's gaze to where hers was pinned, "Did you make all of these?"

 

"That depends if they're any good," her husband replied with a playful smirk as he walked back to his seat. He wasn't willing to steal credit from his grandfather's well-rounded assistant if Sehun's carefully prepared dishes weren't mind-blowingly delicious.

 

Ara raised a brow in response. "Sehun did this?" she clarified while her husband confirmed with a nod. "When did he find time to do all this plus the dishes?" she continued, genuinely amazed. It seemed Secretary Oh had left very early in the morning, but neither she nor Baekhyun heard him leave—let alone prepare a breakfast feast for them.

 

"Hm, maybe we should ask him to sleep over more often," Ara joked as she took a bite of a Belgian strawberry waffle drizzled with milk chocolate.

 

With a teasing smirk, Baekhyun met her eyes and locked them in his. "Solely because of breakfast? Or because of the sleeping arrangements as well?" he replied, causing the line on his wife's lips to curve up, followed by a short chuckle.

 

"I know you know my answer, but I also know you'd prefer it was the other—but I don't mind. I, too, had a good night's sleep," she confessed while wrapping her breakfast in a paper napkin to take it to go. "But next time, I may take your offer of putting up a barrier," she continued, glancing below his waist with a telling smirk.

 

Baekhyun instantly felt his cheeks turn just a few shades lighter than his wife's cherry red dress. The "something warm, soft, and fragrant" wasn't his imagination. The image of him snuggling with her wasn't just a dream. And this morning's morning wood was—

 

"Ara, I—" he began, embarrassed and apologetic for his subconscious actions, but the woman simply turned her smirk into a playful grin.

 

"See you at work," Ara interjected before heading out the door.

 

|| Three Days Later: The Lux Hotel, Louvre Hall ||

 

"Director Seo! I wasn't expecting to see you here today," the woman she shadowed on her first day of work greeted while briskly walking towards her.

 

Ara returned a light smile followed by a half bow. "Ah, yes. I was told you could use additional hands for the event, so here I am," she lied, briefly shifting her gaze across the room towards the man who scheduled her to work the rare weekend she was off.

 

"Oh, is that so?" the confused woman replied. Not counting the lead catering director and all the senior catering directors present, they had more than enough employees on deck to handle the 100 plus interns swarming the hotel today. "Well, it's better to be overstaffed than under," she continued, summoning a friendly grin as both she and Ara set their eyes on the divided space slowly filling up with people.

 

Catching a glimpse of Ara standing at the other end of the room, Baekhyun excused himself from the group of department heads he was conversing with and made his way across the large hall over to her. It had been two days since he last saw his wife, and seeing her face was a welcome change from the endless stacks of documents, prop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter