End

Status Updated

His friend always updated his SNS status every day.

 

 

Great_Geamer: Help. I'm in love with an idiot.

 

 

As Kyuhyun's best friend, Jongwoon praised himself for always being the first comment on his friend's every status update.

 

 

Cloudy_Aesong: WTH? Loved by the great Cho Kyuhyun himself but didn't realize it? (⊙_⊙) What an idiot! Tell me who and I'll smack that idiot for you!

 

 

Jongwoon frowned when all their friends commented under the post after him with the 🤦 emoji. Actually, whenever he commented on something under Kyuhyun's status update, he always saw that facepalm emoji from their friends. He had always wondered why didn't they choose other emojis that better suited Kyuhyun's post. Then again, he felt happy that these people didn't know Kyuhyun as much as he did!

 

**********************************

 

Today, his friend updated another status.

 

 

Great_Geamer: That idiot had the nerve to sleep on my shoulder while holding my hand. Would you believe that?

 

 

As usual, Jongwoon was the first to comment under his friend's post.

 

 

Cloudy_Aesong: OMG YOU TWO HELD HANDS!!? HOW CAN THEY DIDN'T REALIZE YOUR FEELING YET!!? (ʘдʘ╬)

 

 

Almost as soon as his comment was posted, a bunch of 🤦 emoji followed suit. Again? Why were their friends so obsessed with that specific emoji? That's so uncreative! Jongwoon grinned smugly at how their friends were inferior to him in terms of knowing Kyuhyun. Jongwoon happily called his best friend to raise his friend's probably depressed mood.

 

"Kyu, I miss you! Wanna go watch a movie together?"

 

*************************************

 

Another status update was posted on his friend's SNS.

 

 

Great_Geamer: That idiot smiled at a stranger even though he was on a date with me, but then proceeded to tell me that he likes me. What should I do?

 

 

Jongwoon gasped while reading his friend's post. Who dared to hurt his friend's feelings!?

 

 

Cloudy_Aesong: Aish, what a player! Tell me who he is (so it's a he?) and I'll punch some sense into him! (((c=(゚ロ゚q

 

 

Yet again, countless 🤦 emoji was spammed after his comment. This time, Jongwoon decided to get to the bottom of this like-minded emoji spam. He posted another comment and tagged some of their friends hoping someone would shed some light for him.

 

 

Cloudy_Aesong: What is it with this 🤦 spam? @JewelAnchovy @NikoNikoNii @Love_Shimkung @Shindongguridongdong @Little-prince

JewelAnchovy: 🤦

NikoNikoNii: 🤦

Love_Shimkung: 🤦

Little-prince: 🤦

Shindongguridongdong: 🤦

 

 

"What? Are they making fun of me!?"

 

Jongwoon pouted at the thought that their friends were probably laughing at his stupidity now. He quickly called his best friend and ranted about how he was treated poorly.

 

"Kyu! Did you see those comments!? You see it, right? Right!? They're making fun of me! I'm super feeling down, can I hang out at your place?"

 

**************************************

 

His best friend's next status update suddenly took a turn to a horror lane.

 

 

Great_Geamer: THAT IDIOT FELL ASLEEP ON MY BED WHILE HUGGING MY SHIRT TELL ME HOW MANY YEARS IN PRISON I HAVE TO SERVE IF I XXX HIM THE NEXT TIME HE SEDUCES ME.

 

 

Jongwoon quickly stopped his friend before he did something stupid.

 

 

Cloudy_Aesong: Whoa, whoa! Stop right there buddy! If you get thrown into a prison then who will hang out with me? (;人;)

Cloudy_Aesong: Btw, I didn't know that you let someone else sleep on your bed too! I thought it's only me! Σ(゜゜)

 

 

For some reason, the amount of 🤦 emoji seemed to increase tenfold today. He even saw his younger brother Jongjin and Kyuhyun's older sister Ahra among the sea of comments. It started to get really annoying, to be the only one who had no idea what in the absolute hell happened. As usual, he called his best friend and whined.

 

"Kyu! Will you take me out to our favorite cafe?"

 

**************************************

 

Kyuhyun's next status update took a weird turn that he didn't like.

 

 

Great_Geamer: Technically, aren't we already in a relationship? We go out together. We sleep together (not that sleep sleep but still). We hug and hold hands all the time. We only lack some kiss and to actually pass as a couple. ...Speaking of that, that idiot casually drank from the same straw I used. Isn't that an indirect kiss?

 

 

Jongwoon frowned when a sudden pang stabbed his heart while reading Kyuhyun's post. Why? Why did the thought of his best friend kissing and having with someone else bothered him? Why did the thought of his best friend paying attention to someone else really bothered him? Clutching his shirt, Jongwoon took a deep breath and reminded himself that, as Kyuhyun's best friend, he should support his friend no matter whom he dated.

 

 

Cloudy_Aesong: How come you never tell me, your best friend, about your boyfriend? I thought we're close? Congrats on finding the love of your life though.

Great_Geamer: Are you sulking?

Cloudy_Aesong: What? Am not.

Great_Geamer: You are :)

Cloudy_Aesong: I said I'm not! Why would I sulk when my best friend is totally soooo happy in a relationship?

Great_Geamer: Cute~

 

 

Heat crept upon his cheeks when he read Kyuhyun's latest comment. Something about the word cute made his heart jump frantically. Moreover, the comments under his were all spamming the 😏 emoji which somehow frustrated him even more. What the heck was the meaning of that stupid emoji! Getting really annoyed, he decisively ignored Kyuhyun's call and logged out of the SNS. He didn't want to see any emojis ever again.

 

*********************************************

 

Jongwoon began to doubt that Kyuhyun's posts were all fake, that his best friend didn't like anyone but just wanted to rile him up.

 

 

Great_Geamer: Bad news. My lovely idiot got really angry at me for talking about other men. He won't answer my calls and won't let me into his room :(

 

 

He couldn't help but snicker at the post. So, because Kyuhyun chatted with him, his boyfriend got upset? A strange sensation burned within him and he almost lashed out in the comment. Luckily, he composed himself and changed his mind just in time before hitting the post button.

 

 

Cloudy_Aesong: Tell your boyfriend that there is nothing between us. Don't make me feel bad for being the reason why you fought with your boyfriend.

 

 

This time, rather than the emoji, the comments after him were all "..." and nothing else. He did say that he didn't want to see any emojis ever again but these bunch of full stop symbols also irritated him. Knowing that he wouldn't get any answers glaring at the comments, Jongwoon decided to just log out and save his sanity. He also turned off his phone after Kyuhyun tried to call him a million times. He didn't know why but he didn't feel like talking or hearing Kyuhyun's voice now.

 

"Tsk, even if I don't take his call, he still has his beloved idiot boyfriend to talk with anyway. There's no point in answering his calls."

 

Jongwoon sulked and hugged himself to sleep under a cover. Though he quickly threw it away after noticing how the soft fabric smelled like Kyuhyun.

 

*****************************************

 

He had been avoiding Kyuhyun for a week now. The task was very difficult, considering that their houses are located literally side by side. Still, he managed. He always did if he really put his heart into it. To Jongwoon, that past week was a hellish experience. He realized just now how lonely he was when Kyuhyun wasn't with him. Still, he did his best to avoid his best friend so that Kyuhyun wouldn't fight with his idiot boyfriend. Sadly, his plan didn't seem to work at all considering the content of Kyuhyun's next status update.

 

 

Great_Geamer: One week without my idiot… Am I taking it too far this time? My adorable yet annoying idiot seriously avoids me. How come he didn't know that literally everyone in our college roots for us? When will my beloved idiot realize that I only have my eyes for him?

 

 

Jongwoon was shocked at how honest his best friend was. Kyuhyun basically confessed via his status update and it strangely annoyed him. Not only that but he also just realized that he is the only one who had no idea about Kyuhyun's sweetheart. A lightbulb appeared above his head. He finally realized the cause behind his frustration.

 

 

Cloudy_Aesong: Yes Kyuhyun I'm sulking. I'm sulking because apparently everyone knows who your idiot boyfriend is but not me. Me, your best friend, doesn't know who you've been talking about. You seriously expect me to not sulk?

 

 

By the time he realized how harsh his comment was, it was too late to edit it. The comment section right now was divided into the 😲 emoji side and the 😏 emoji side and the 🤦 emoji side. Obviously, Jongwoon understood neither side.

 

 

Great_Geamer: What if I told you that you're never a friend to me?

 

 

Jongwoon choked on his sob. Did Kyuhyun just say that he didn't want to be his friend anymore? Was it because he had been nosy with Kyuhyun's love affair? But that was because he was worried about his best friend! His heart clenched painfully in his chest and tears began to form in his eyes. For a moment, he wanted to reply— suit yourself, I don't want to be your friend too— but changed his mind. Despite Kyuhyun's dislike toward him, Jongwoon still really liked his best friend and only wished happiness for the man. So, he swallowed back the sob and replied with something much more cheerful and supportive.

 

 

Cloudy_Aesong: Aww (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Even though you (ಥ_ʖಥ) don't want to be my friend (༎ຶ⌑༎ຶ) I still consider you (つ´∀`)つ as my best friend! (●´艸`)ヾ And I'll ୧⍢⃝୨ stick by your side (ノ≧∀≦)ノ forever as your best friend~ ( ´∀`)b

Great_Geamer: Sorry. I shouldn't have said that. Jongwoon, don't cry…

 

 

What? How did Kyuhyun know that he was crying now? Did his best friend actually have a psychic power? Jongwoon wondered as he blew his nose with a napkin while his eyes began to swell from crying. At that moment, his phone rang and he saw Kyuhyun's name on the screen. He rejected it without a second thought but got another incoming call immediately after that. He rejected it again and turned off the phone this time. Sighing tiredly, he went back to sobbing while hugging his turtle plush. It hurt so much. His heart. But why?

 

"Jongwoon!" He flinched upon hearing a familiar voice, "let me in, please, you're misunderstanding me!"

 

Right, he forgot that they are neighbors. He didn't answer his best friend though, because he knew his quivering voice would give him away. So, he ignored his friend and continued to sob into his turtle plush. After five minutes or so, the pacing sound in front of the door slowly got away from his room. Jongwoon hiccuped pitifully and carefully peeked out from the door gap. Kyuhyun was nowhere to be found. Great. Let him go back to mope around in peace, please.

.

.

.

.

The notification sound brought his attention to his phone while he was sulking. Checking it, he found out that Kyuhyun just posted another status update.

 

 

Great_Geamer: Enough with it. I'm going to confess to my idiot. Now. Should I just skip everything and kiss him? Considering that none of my words seem to get through his thick skull?

 

 

His heart ached further from the content, especially when he saw that the comment section was full of the 👍 emoji. Even their parents and siblings also supported Kyuhyun's decision! Who was this idiot and why did everyone support him so much! He almost wanted to throw his phone out of the window, though he stopped it when a new notification showed up.

 

 

Great_Geamer: @Cloudy_Aesong I need your opinion. What would you do if someone confessed to you and kissed you?

 

 

Despite his bitter heart, he replied truthfully hoping to help his friend.

 

 

Cloudy_Aesong: Depends on the person. A stranger? I'll punch them to death. Someone I know? Probably listen to their confessions first then punch them.

Great_Geamer: What about me?

 

 

Jongwoon frowned. What did that mean? Still, he faithfully considered the question and frowned again when his heart suddenly raced faster at the thought. Why did his heart act weird when he imagined Kyuhyun kissing him?

 

 

Cloudy_Aesong: Considering that you're my best friend, I probably don't mind it.

 

 

The comment section exploded after he posted his reply. Countless emojis flooded the comment section. Most of them were the 😏 emoji, followed closely by the 🙈 and the 👀 and the 🤭 and many more. To this day, he still didn't understand the meaning behind these emojis…

 

 

Knock knock.

 

 

He jumped out of his skin when the knocking sound pulled him out of his trance.

 

"Who?" Jongwoon asked while silently cheering that his voice no longer shook.

"It's me." That's Kyuhyun's voice. "I want to ask your opinion about something. Let me in, please."

 

Jongwoon hesitated but unlocked the door for his friend anyway. Kyuhyun had a murderous look on his handsome face when he saw Jongwoon's face, specifically his swollen eyes. The taller man casually sat on the bed and tapped the space beside him. Jongwoon dropped down by his best friend and pulled his knees up to his chest.

 

"What do you want to talk about?"

"You."

"Me?"

"Yes. You. Jongwoon, you idiot, I love you."

"Wha—"

 

Kyuhyun held his face firmly and kissed him out of the blue, sending his heart and his brain to outer space. His mind told him to push the man away but his heart yelled at him to savor it, and he listened to the latter. He dug his nails into his friend's shoulders while clumsily returned the kiss that encouraged the man to deepen the kiss. Kyuhyun shifted one hand to hold Jongwoon's nape and locked him in place. His friend bit his lower lip and repeatedly it as if he wanted something, but Jongwoon couldn't tell it. He couldn't even tell left from right or up from down when Kyuhyun was practically eating him like this. He moaned and tightened his grips on his friend's shoulders when Kyuhyun nibbled his upper lip and it. That seemed to press some button hidden within the taller man because the next thing he knew, his back touched the soft mattress beneath them. And when he felt a warm hand slid under his shirt and caressed his bare belly, his snail brain finally fully grasped the situation. Oh my god! Kyuhyun is kissing him! Kyuhyun said that he loves him and we are kissing now! And that continuously poking at his lips, was Kyuhyun asking him to let his tongue in!? Then what was he waiting for! Quick! Just let Kyuhyun in—

 

 

Growl….

 

 

His stomach suddenly growled from hunger. Kyuhyun who just broke the kiss raised one brow at him and smirked, causing his face to burn from embarrassment. He wanted to bite his tongue and commit suicide. Why now of all time!? That was his first kiss for god sake! And he just ruined it by being a complete idiot!

 

"You haven't eaten dinner yet?" Kyuhyun asked fondly while caressing his cheeks.

"Nope, I was busy crying my eyes out." He replied with a small pout.

"It's not my fault that you're such a huge idiot. All of my actions and words clearly show that I love you, but it somehow eludes you. You really are a pain in the to deal with, Jongwoon."

 

Kyuhyun teased and laughed heartily when the shorter man pouted harder at him. He seized the chance to steal a quick kiss before letting Jongwoon free. The black-haired man sat up and patted his stomach while whining quietly. Jongwoon glanced up at Kyuhyun and threw the cutest puppy eyes at the man.

 

"Kyu, I'm starving. Feed me something delicious, please?"

"Don't worry Jongwoon," Kyuhyun grinned evilly, "I'll make your stomach full literally and figuratively."

 

Jongwoon blinked cluelessly.

 

"What does that mean figuratively?"

 

The evil grin was instantly wiped out of his face and replaced with a sigh.

 

"You really are an idiot, Jongwoon."

 

Kyuhyun said with fond exasperation.

 

"But at least you're my idiot."

 

Kyuhyun placed a gentle kiss on his idiot boyfriend's forehead.

 

**************************************

 

Kyuhyun updated his SNS status on the next day.

 

 

 

Great_Geamer

 

 

In a relationship with Cloudy_Aesong