Lovers

Meet and Greet

“Jesus , Jisoo are you trying to get us killed?!”

 

Jennie is currently white knuckling the car door handle as her best friend smashed the gas pedal in the middle of the freeway. Why is she speeding you ask? Well they were currently on the way to Palm Beach as they have front row seats to the reunion tour of her favorite band ever and the concert is supposed to start in 20 minutes,

 

Jisoo Toreto pays her no mind as she continues to speed down the road. “There’s no way we are missing even a second of Beyond Roses. We’ve been waiting years for this moment. Years!” Jisoo exclaims, emphasising on the last word. “The last time we saw them we were teenagers. Teenagers!”

 

“And we’re never going to get there if you end up wrapping us around a telephone pole!”

 

“Oh stop! I’ve got a cop in my passenger seat.” Jisoo said with a smirk. “No one is going to ticket me. Besides, you were the one that was running late!”

 

“I don’t care if we get pulled over.” Jennie answers, ignoring Jisoo’s last comments. “I care about dying.”

 

Jisoo relents and releases the pressure on the gas a bit. “Listen if you’re going to die, it’s going to be from the lack of . When was the last time you had an actual night out?”

 

Jennie searches her memory, but she’s having trouble coming up with a solid answer. She had pretty much gone head on into work and school. She wanted to get a post in the Homicide Detective department and that meant going all in into work and assisting the current detectives with their cases. Suffice to say that yes, her social life had definitely been on the back burner.

 

Maybe Jisoo’s right, maybe she will die from the lack of she’s had to go through, not that she will ever admit it, much less to her best friend.

 

“Well, I’m here now, aren’t I?” She said instead.

 

“Hell yeah you are!”

 

With that Jisoo turns the music up and blasts one of her favorite Beyond Roses songs.

 

“Sing it with me, Jendukie!”

 

Meet me at the front door

Stop playing, what are you waiting for?

 

Jisoo grabs her bottle of water and takes it to singing into it as if it was a microphone as she sings. She then passses the bottle to Jennie to sing the next part.

 

Leave you coat on my floor

Can you tell me

 

Jisoo then grabs her glasses case as a mic while Jennie keeps the bottle singing the following part as loud as they can.

 

Are you ready for love?

And are you ready?!

 

“I miss my Rosé pillow. I miss cuddling with it.” Jennie said after settling down, remembering the pillow she used to have in her teens.

 

“I used to have a Lisa towel.” Jisoo says. “Man would I like to wrap myself up with her again.”

 

“Does your ever get a break?” Jennie questions sensing the tone in which her friend said what she wanted to do with the towel. Really if there was anyone in more need of than Jennie it was probably Jisoo. At least that’s what Jennie thinks.

 

“You are going to realize very soon, my lovely mandu, if you don’t use it… you lose it.”

 

Jennie laughs. “Well, at your rate maybe I should invest stock in them!” She jokes.

 

“Hey!” Jisoo quips. “I enjoy my lady life, thank you very much!” She jokes back. “But hey, Jen, seriously I know you’re hell bent on being the responsible one of us, but tonight, I beg you to let loose. You need and deserve a break.”

 

“I do let loose.” Jennie grumbles.

 

“I love you, Jendukie, but you’re the definition of uptight.”

 

“I like to make good choices.”

 

“What about that time you dated Kai?’

 

Jennie stays quiet this time. “One little mishap that’s all.”

 

“A pretty big one.”

 

“Okay, fine.” Jennie says rolling her eyes. “I have been uptight but for good reason.”

 

Jisoo nods. “It 's true. Your life has been tough between your job and your sister, but is exactly because of that, that you deserve to have some fun.”

 

Besides trying to move up the law enforcement ladder, Jennie also is in charge of her sister, Ella Kim, the girl moved to LA with her a couple of years back, since she loved the stories and places her older sister had seen during her time here, little Ella decided she wanted to study abroad and be with her favorite person in the world. Her parents were apprehensive at first, having their youngest fly out to a different country far away from home but eventually Jennie convinced them that it would be for her and she would always look after her.

 

Jisoo had been with her for everything, they met in high school and clicked instantly, they had been best friends ever since. The brunette had been with her through everything, she was her ride or die, her person. And it's because Jisoo has seen how Jennie works to provide a good life for Ella, that she knows the girl deserves to have at least one night of fun.

 

“Please, Jenduk, try to have some fun tonight yeah?” Jisoo tries to convince her again.

 

“I will.” Jennie promises.

 

The rest of the ride goes by calmly and Jennie actually manages to fall asleep for the rest of it. And if Jisoo speeded up during that time well Jennie would never know.

 

“Hey, Jen… wake up.”

 

Jennie groans and blinks her eyes open, sitting up she looks outside of the window and notices they are in the venue’s parking lot.

 

“Oh, we’re here?” She asked, excitement running through her veins.

 

“You talk in your sleep, you know?” Jisoo said with amusement in her face.

 

Yeah, right.”

 

“You so were!”

 

Jennie eyes her suspiciously. “If this is another trick to get me to confess something I swe..”

 

Jisoo gasps dramatically while clutching her chest. “Ouch! You are always so suspicious of me, Jendukie. That hurts!” She said with a pout.

 

“With good reason!” Jennie counters. “What did I say?”

 

““Something about a hunk… and wanting him to dance for you in a kilt..” Her friend said smiles, while checking her makeup on the mirror. “And other things… the filthiest of I’ve ever heard.”

 

“I did not!”

 

“Did to!”

 

“Did not!”

 

“Did to, Jendukie.” Jisoo said smirking. “It’s okay I don’t judge, now come on let’s go.”

 

Both girls get out of the car and walk into the venue. The place was filled with twenty somethings like them. It was expected that most of the crowd would be in their twenties, it had been some time since the band split. So here they all were ready to see the band they were all obsessed with as teenagers.

 

Really Jennie still cringes when she thinks about the amount of dreams she had about Rosé or how many notebook she had filled with Mrs. Jennie Park stickers.

 

“Holy , there she is!” Jisoo says, eyes wide as saucers.

 

Jennie whips her head around as she hears fans in the lobby scream. And sure enough there she was Rosé Park, in all her fame and glory, standing just feet away from Jennie with her entourage. If she was hot where she was a teenganer, now she was just… whew… maybe Jennie needed to invest in a better .

 

“I can’t believe it. What’s she doing out here?” She asked leaning towards Jisoo.

 

“Maybe she’s lost?” Jisoo responds just as starstruck.

 

The short brunette cranes her neck to get a better look over the crowd.

 

“Hey man, can I grab a couple of beers? We’re out in the back.” They hear the lead singer say to the barman.

 

“She came out here for a beer?” Jisoo questioned.

 

Jennie shrugs. “Desperate times call for desperate measures?”

 

And just as fast as the girl came in she left after receiving her drinks. On the one hand Jennie felt happy that she was able to see her upclose, on the other she was disappointed since she had been so close and yet she was unable to get an autograph or a picture. She supposes she at least could keep the memory with her.

 

“Jennie!”

 

Her name gets called out and Jennie turns to see another girl walk up to them, it was an old friend from school who she hadn’t seen in a while.

 

“Oh my god! Hi!” She greets with a happy surprised smile. “God I’ve missed you.” She tells them while pulling each of the girls in for a hug.

 

“We missed you more.” One of the girls said.

 

Miyeon and Minnie were two of her classmates and part of her friend group during high school, they both went to the same arts college in New York and thus lost touch with Jennie and Jisoo who stayed in LA, only communicating here and there through SNS or facebook. So to say they were happy to see them was an understatement.

 

“How's Ella?” Minnie asked, knowing that Jennie’s sister had moved here as well.

 

“She’s doing well.” Jennie said honestly. “Adapting to her life in another country.”

 

“That's good and with you as her sister I’m sure she’s having an easier time.”

 

Just then the third and final call for the concert comes in and Jennie and the girls start making their way to the floor.

 

“Let’s go see these amazing seats that our super-fan Minnie over here scored us.” Miyeon said, pointing to her girlfriend. The thai girl was a member of the Beyond Roses official fan-club which meant they got to buy the tickets before anyone else, thus getting the best ones.

 

The girls all grab beers before finding their seats, which are on the front row just feet from the stage. The 17 year old Jennie was beyond excited right now and the 27 year old Jennie was not far behind.

 

“I can’t believe we are about to see BR this close I had the biggest crush on…”

 

“Lisa.” Minnie finishes for Jisoo. “We remember you her poster.” She said with a grimace.

 

“She straight made out with her.” Said Miyeon laughing.

 

Jisoo shrugs. “I wanted her to be my dreamy girlfriend, I was 17 sue me.”

 

“We all did. Park was my woman.” Said Jennie, granted she did not make out with her poster but it did lead her to other...activities. “I mean I definitely wouldn’t have kicked any of them out of bed. Especially not Rosie, man she has aged like fine wine.” She finished with a dreamy smile.

 

“So true, but Lisa though…”

 

All of a sudden go down and the crowd goes crazy, the girls cheering along with the crowd as well.

 

“Are you ready LA?!” The drummer, Yeri, yells, hyping up the crowd, who screech in excitement.

“We said, are you ready?” The lead guitarist, Joy, yells.

 

“Hell yeah!” Jennie screams to the top of her lungs.

 

“That’s it LA.” Lisa, the bassist, says into her mic. “Chapman Square was the first place we sold out as a band and we are so happy to be back here again!”

 

“Did you miss us?” Says Rosé and the crowd goes absolutely wild when the spotlight shines on her.

 

“ yeah, I did!” Jennie yells once again.

 

“Good. We missed you too. And we’re about to see a whole lot of us.” Lisa teased. “BR is back, and we’re ready to blow your minds.”

 

The lights shut off for a moment, then came back on full force. As the first song begins to play.

 

People stop to turn and stare

Everywhere she goes

Dollar signs and crimson hair

She will steal your soul

 

For a moment Jennie feels like the lead vocalist was staring right at her. And all the brunette can think about is how perfect she is. How every single inch of her is perfect.

 

Sets her sights on billionaires

All she wants is gold

She is straight up rock and roll

I'm telling you she knows

 

“LA sing along!” The vocalist yells letting the crow take over the next verse.

 

She knows oh oh ee oh oh

She knows oh oh ee oh oh

 

The girls sing along with the crowd and the brunette swears that of all people in the audience, the australian vocalist locks her eyes with Jennie’s, and then, with their gaze connected, winks and throws a wicked grin her way. Jennie is pretty sure she died right then and there.

 

Nobody does it like Juliet

Juliet, what you do to me

The way she does it is criminal

Physical and it's killing me

 

“Holy balls! Did Rosé just winked at you?” Jisoo says leaning into her ear.

 

“Yes! Yes! Yes!” Jennie yells in excitement.

 

“Holy !”

 

“My thoughts exactly.”

 

“This is already the best night of my life!”

 

The next song comes on, and the vocalist doesn’t glance her way once. Sadly but Jennie doesn’t mind, she knows it’s all part of the show. So she drinks more of her beer and sings along to every song, simply enjoying how ridiculously y the blonde once and how her smile hadn’t changed one bit since her teens

 

“Jen, don’t look but Kai is right there looking at you.” Miyeon tells her looking to her left.

 

And sure enough standing against the wall was her ex.

 

“Ugh… Of course he has to work this show.” Jennie grumbles. Can’t she have a night out without having to worry about something. Next to him are two of her unit members Sehun and D.O. who are also on duty.

 

“You know what? them.” She tells the girls as they all cheer for her and continue dancing and singing alone.

 

When your heart is burning cold,

And your world keeps throwing stones,

Everywhere you go, I'll be there.

 

The song ends and like a crazy teenager Jennie yells I love you to the vocalist and once again her eyes find the brunette’s and Jennie can feel her face flushing bright red. And there goes her heart again. The vocalist then takes her guitar off and places it on the stand as she takes her mic and sits by the edge of the stage throwing it into the crowd.

 

The mic falls right to Jennie's feet, the brunette looks down to the mic and back to the stage where she finds the vocalist’s gaze locked on her. Jennie can feel the heat radiating off of her body as she jumps down the stage and walks a few steps to stand in front of her.

 

She’s calm, collected… hot.

 

With confidence she didn’t know she had she bends down to pick up the mic and hand it to her with a smoldering smile. Both hold their gaze on each other and Jennie watches as the corners of turn upward slightly. Heat floods Jennie’s entire body as everything inside of her clenches. Her breathing halts and she feels like she’s a daze. She couldn’t look away even if she wanted to. The girl's smile was just beautiful.

 

With another wink and a smile. The vocalist takes the mic back to her mind to continue singing, breaking their gaze.

 

Everywhere you go, my heart will follow,

Down this broken road, I will be your shadow.

 

“Holy dude!” Minnie yells. “You yelled I love you and she heard you.”

 

“And then she just happened to drop her mic right in front of you…” Miyeon continues.

 

“What a coincidence!” Jisoo finishes sarcastically.

 

Jennie doesn’t answer because she is still processing what had just happened, but she feels her cheeks flushing as they go back to singing.

 

“All right, ladies, gents and non binary folks. It 's that time.” Lisa says after the audience quiets down after the last song. “We’re going to take it down a notch. Say LA let me ask you this, what if we were lovers?”

 

The crowd once again cheers at Lisa’s last sentence, it was their most recent single, the one they promoted their reunion tour with.

 

“I don’t know Lis, I feel like I need to sing to someone this time.” The vocalist says, causing another uproar.

 

“You need inspiration, chipmunk?”

 

“I need a girl to run away with.” Rosé says as she scans the audience. “Who’s up to run away with me hand in hand?” She walks around the stage until she is right in front of Jennie. Her eyes spark mischief as they land on her. “You.”

 

“Holy .”

 

“Holy .”

 

“Holy balls.”

 

Jennie feels all the blood rush from her head, She can’t move, she just can’t believe this is happening to her.

 

“Come up here.” The vocalist says sweetly.

 

Jisoo s her forward and a bouncer pulls her over the rail. The vocalist then takes her hand and maybe is all the beer and a whole lot of wishful thinking but Jennie swears she feels sparks when they touch. The blonde leads her to a chair in the middle of the stage and sits her down.

 

If we could leave it all behind

Tell me where we'd go

Coz anywhere with you feels right

As long as we're alone

 

The vocalist next to her as she starts singing the acoustic version of the song.

 

I see where I'm going girl

Looking in your eyes

We don't need cheap alcohol

To get us through tonight

 

She then takes Jennie’s hand for the next part. Her hands and hold firm but soft at the same time.

 

Your hand in my hand

We won't change our minds

Ask me, I'll say

That we should run away

What if we were lovers

 

Nothing else existed at that moment to Jennie, not the crowd, not Kai, not her friends her gaze was locked purely on the singer in front of her.

 

Oh oh oh

To Paris

Or LA

don't wanna hesitate

Someday we'll be lovers

 

Rosé then pulls her up as the instrumental part of the song comes in. Jennie lets her pull her close and the blonde spins her around the stage romantically. Skin tingling whenever the blonde touched her. The australian grins at her as she pulls her into a deep dip.

 

Wait 50 years

And ask me then

And I'd tell you

I'd do it all again

What if we were lovers

 

The song comes to an end and the vocalist pulls her in for a hug, against the brunette’s ear…

 

“Don’t go anywhere after the show.”