Seeing Clearly

Key to Happiness

    Hanna wakes up from a nightmare.  She hears the rain falling outside and sighs while holding her heart.  She reaches around until she found the button on her lamp.  The light makes her flinch, closing her eyes until she gets used to the light.  She then got up to use the bathroom.  Coming back, she saw her penguin on the floor.  She sighed and picked it up, the reflective eye making a small bouncing noise on the carpet.

She pouted as the string came undone.  Kuhyun worked hard on it..  She remembered.  She sat down and looked at the time.  It was close enough to being time to wake up, so she didn't even bother crawling back in bed.  She picked her phone up and took a picture of the plush.  She then pulled up her text screen.


Hanna (6:02am)
She cried too hard
last night.. She needs
a hug.


She pouted as she waited for a response.  She saw the bubbles going up and down for a minute or two.


Kihyun (6:05am)
I'll pick her up to bring
her to the hospital.  She'll
get treated better this
time around <3



She smiled with blushed cheeks.  When he said he was on his way, she put her phone down and quietly raced to her closet.  She tossed her robe elsewhere while picking out today's outfit.  She put on some jeans and a loose-fitting shirt.  She then put her hair up and went to the kitchen, turning on a couple lights here and there.

By the time she had the coffee going, there was a knock at her door.  She cleared and looked in the mirror once more.  She then opened the door and saw his smile.

"You're free tonight, right?"  He asked, walking into the apartment when she allowed him to.

"You said you wanted to chat, so I'll make sure that I don't have anything else to do."  She promised, pouring him a cup of coffee.


He smiled and took a sip of coffee.  He then went to the bedroom and looked at the penguin.  He pouted, placing the cup on the coaster that the nightstand had.  He the penguin.  "I'll fix you right up,"  He whispered.

He stood up with the plush and her eye.  He put them in a bag he brought along and drank the rest of the coffee as he made his way back to the kitchen.  "I'll see you tonight then.  Have fun at work."  He kissed her cheek.

"See you."  She took the cup from him and watched him leave the apartment.


***

Turning evening, Hanna clocks out and exits the store.  She then sees a familiar car rolling up to the entrance.  She smirked and folded her arms.  However, her stance instantly broke when she saw him wearing a midnight blue tuxedo.  She raised an eyebrow and looked at his hair that was perfecty made.  She then looked down at her casual clothes absentmindedly.

He walked up to her and took her hand.  "Good evening, Miss Hanna,"  He greeted her.  He opened the car door and Hanna silently sat down.

The drive is silent.  Hanna doesn't mind the unusually quiet drive.  Usually they talk about what happened at work or what projects they'll want to do in the future.  However, Hanna needs the silence.  Seeing him all dressed up was shocking to her, and it was quite evident on her face. 

Kihyun smiled to himself as his plan is working perfectly.  He drives off an exit, and they soon come to a building that is dark.  She looked around and noticed only one other car was in the parking lot.  She was about to question where they were, but then she saw a sign with an official company logo.

Kihyun gets out and opens her door, helping her out of the car.  "This is a place I had a photoshoot recently.  It was a relaxing atmosphere, so I wanted to use it for our date."  He explained as he walked her to the entrance.

She nodded as she walked along with him to a room.  When he opened the door, she sees that the room is themed.  There were iceburgs and snow piles around.  There was a real stream of water, acting as if its a river streaming into a pond. 

They walk on the little bridge that had a table rested on the iceburg.  Hanna saw the decorations and giggled when she Yonggi playing in the corner with a white pillow.  "It's like we're in the South Pole."  She commented.


Kihyun smiled and picked up the tea kettle that was on the table.  He poured her a cup of tea and she lifts the cup to her lips.  Once she sips on the tea, she can hear faint voices coming from the walls.  The voices were harmonizing together.  She looks at Kihyun who stood up.

She watched him walk off the bridge and go to a pile of snow.  He moved the snow and took out a box.  Walking back, he hands the box to Hanna.

She was about to question him; however, curiosity took over her when she wanted to know what was in the box.  She lifted the lid and saw her penguin plush inside.  She picked up the plush and saw the penguin had glasses on.  "What's with the glasses?"  She asked, feeling the bird's soft feathers.

"She can protect you better at night now that she can see better."  He explained.

She blushed and played with the glasses a bit.  They were connected to the sides so that the eyes couldn't get passed them.  The harmonizing comes back to her when she hears the group say her name.  Kihyun clears his throat inaudibly and stands up, harmonizing with the voices coming from the walls.

He stands her up.  "If I were to dream, I would want you in it,"  Kihyun sang softly, dancing with her on the icy-looking floor, "you and I could explore the world together~"  He continued, spinning her around slowly.

She smiled as they kept eye contact.  His voice blended well with the others.  She recognized one of the voices to be Kyunghoon for sure. 

"And here I am, just a little birdie.."  Kihyun sang before twirling once more, landing on his knee while keeping hold of her hand and picking something up from the snow, "But Hanna, will you marry me?"

She saw a silver band with a sapphire as its stone.  His smile was soft and his eyes sparkled.  She covered her flushed cheeks and smile while nodding.  He happily slid the ring down her finger, securing it at her knuckle.

"I'll make you a happy woman, Miss Hanna."  He whispered as he stood taller than her.

He took the hand that was covering her face, leaning down and putting a soft kiss on Hanna's lips.  Her arms went around his neck, bringing him closer in their kiss.  "Thank you so much for this, Kihyun."  She whsipered.

"I love you,"  He whispered back.

She put her face in his chest as the voices started up again.  Kihyun moved them in a small dance as they continue to hug each other.  "This was perfect.."  She whispered.  "I'll be a good wife, I promise." 


He smiled.  "I know you will."  He rubbed soothing circles on her back.

"I'll be a good mother, too."  She included getting closer to him.  "I'm pregnant."



Kihyun widened his eyes.