Epilogue: Even Though It May Be Lonely, I Will Live.

How Much Loneliness the Truth Can Cause
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Epilogue: Even Though It May Be Lonely, I Will Live.

 

 

After much negotiation with the clinic, Yuta received permission to get out for the day with Taeyong as esxort. Yuta felt both relieved and anxious during the car ride. He was relieved that he managed to make it in time and anxious because he had so much left unsaid but was not sure how to give form to his thoughts. At the same time, Yuta was grateful that Taeyong had remained quiet during the trip. Above all, he knew that he was not sure how to respond if Taeyong had quesioned why was so desperate to visit this specific location by this specific date.

 

Staring at the daunting building in front of him and with Taeyong trailing a few steps behind, Yuta forged his way into the premises of the ossuary; of where the remains of a certain girl with rabbit features were laid to rest.

 

Careful to walk with light steps, Yuta came to a slow halt when he caught sight of a familiar figure. Standing a few metres away was a fatigue-ridden Doyoung. His fair skin was tainted with dry tears and his eyes were cast to the ground, unable to face the smiling photograph displayed in front of him. Shoulders sagging, the young male looked like he was bearing the weight of the entire university by himself and that even the most gentle breeze would shatter his entire being.

 

Yuta’s eyes however were focused on another presence. His attention was directed towards a girl with raven hair that playfully danced in the air whenever she moved. She had her forehead resting against Doyoung’s back and her lips were quivering. Still wearing her white nurse uniform, she stood out even more especially placed placed next to Doyoung in his mourning clothes.

 

Maybe it was because her time in the world of the living was almost up, or maybe it was a trick of light due to the unabashed sunlight filtering through the large windows, but Boyoung seemed to be glowing. Yet, unlike when she was in the company of the moon, the sun highlighted all the sorrows that had plagued her throughout her lifetime. What Yuta saw in front of him was a lonely and vulnerable girl who was unable to face the world by herself anymore.

 

Did she regret her decision?

 

Would she have done anything different?

 

Did she wish for the waltz to last slightly longer?

 

Just as these questions slithered their way to the tip of Yuta’s tongue only to be blocked by his clenched jaws, Boyoung raised her head and directed her gaze towards the two males spying on her and her brother. Recognising Taeyong, Boyoung gave him a small wave before shifting her attention to Yuta.

 

Seeing her again, Yuta felt his heart clench. She was still such a young girl — around his own age — yet her journey had ended. Her short, raven hair that framed her soft jawline glistened under the sunlight and Yuta wished he could ruffle her hair in reassurance, offer her the comfort of human touch. Her sharp eyes had lost their edge and yet she never broke eye-contact with him. In turn Yuta could not bring himself to look away. Inhaling deeply, her lips curled into a gentle smile, causing her nose to twitch just like a rabbit.

 

 

Boyoung then lifted a finger to her lips. Did she wanted to be left alone with her brother for a bit longer? Did she want Yuta to keep their exchanges a secret? Did she want to be forgotten and erase the pain she had caused?

 

The sun was now playing a game of hide-and-seek with the clouds, hiding its presence and temporarily leaving them in the dark every once in a while.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter