[RESOLUTION]

Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wow, you look horrible." 

 

A man sauntered into the rooftop café and slumped into the seat opposite the well-dressed couple. The dashing man opposite him gave a look of distaste as he stifled a yawn.

 

"Espresso, double shot," the man ignored the comment and spoke to the waiter who had came forward the moment he saw him coming in. 

 

"Right up, Mr. Kwon."

 

The man looked dishevelled and unkempt. Compared to the posh setting of the café, he looked underdressed and out of place. Yet, the aura that's oozing out of his every pore had people fear and respect him. 

 

"Yah, didn't we say to meet at 9? You're... one hour late!" The petite woman complained. "If you're going to party the previous night, at least give us a heads up!"

 

"Noona please, my head is pounding. Don't scream," the man grimaced, rubbing his temple. 

 

"What were you up to yesterday night again? At the rate you're drinking, your liver is going to fail soon, Kwon Jiyong," the dashing man lectured.

 

"Not only liver, probably his lungs too, you forgot about smoking." 

 

"I'm only an hour late, do you two need to curse me like that?" Jiyong chuckled, taking a sip of the espresso that was brought to him. "Besides, I wasn't out last night." 

 

The couple frowned. 

 

"Yes, another episode. Don't give me that look," Jiyong smirked, putting his cup down, "and give me some leeway for pulling an all-nighter to do some damage control."

 

"This is like... what? The third one this month?" 

 

"Fifth," Jiyong removed his glasses and rubbing the bridge of his nose tiredly. 

 

"Mrs. Kwon sure is formidable, breaking records left and right," the dashing man leered. 

 

"Donghae hyung, so please tell me you've some good news," Jiyong sighed. "I don't know how much longer I can hold on." 

 

Kwon Jiyong; son of Kwon Yonghwan, the heir of Kwon Group, one of Korea's largest chaebol to date. Kwon Yonghwan is known to be the most benevolent businessman and his wife, Han Giran, is always appearing on news for being the chairman of the Women's Association, helping poor women to fight for their rights. Yet, the two gold-hearted couple gave birth to Kwon Jiyong, nicknamed the 'devil' by the media. Jiyong, though humble and polite, is known to be ruthless when it comes to business. He takes no nonsense when it comes to his business and perhaps due to this personality, he is declared a more successful businessman than his father was. Jiyong's older sister, Kwon Dami, had her own clothing brand under the conglomerate and together, the siblings were taking over the family's business slowly. 

 

"We got a solution for you," Lee Donghae smiled. "She wasn't available previously, but I think she should be ready now." 

 

"Yes, Ji. Trust me, she's the best. Serious in her work and-" his counterpart, Sandara Park, broke into a grin at the mention of their friend. "Hold on, someone called." 

 

She was about to add on but was interrupted by a phone call. Picking it up, her face was slightly scrunched up while answering, "okay. I'll be right there. Wait for me."

 

"Duty calls?" Donghae asked when she hung up the call, gathering her stuff. 

 

"Yeahs. Dongwon-sshi needs some help. Got to go!" She gave a quick peck on her beau's cheek and stood up, throwing a stern look at Jiyong. "You. You better get your acts together and listen properly. I'm telling you, if you miss this gem, it'll be over for you." 

 

"Yes mam~" Jiyong feigned a serious look, saluting her. 

 

Dara snorted in response and walked away. 

 

"Wouldn't expect to see Lee Enterprise's heir having a scowl on his face~" The moment Dara was gone, Jiyong whistled. "I must definitely tip that person who's able to put that scowl there." 

 

"Are you courting death?" Donghae rolled his eyes. "Do you want me to save you or not?"

 

"Wow wow, so fiery~ Where's the gentlemancy and politeness Donghae-sshi~" Jiyong smirked, shaking his head. "Wae? Sounds like this Dongwon-sshi is getting on your nerves."

 

"It's obvious that this Kang Dongwon is so into her! Ever since he joins the company, he has been using ALL sorts of excuses to meet up with her," Donghae scoffed. "Tell me when do stars always meet up with PR manager." 

 

"Always?" Jiyong laughed. "For me at least."

 

"That's because you're notorious," Donghae snorted. "He's a well-known actor with almost zero negative publicity for god's sake. Also, your noona ADORES him."

 

"I finally see where this is coming from~" Jiyong cooed. "Someone is jealous of a famous actor~ That's easy. If you're that afraid, ask noona to quit her job in YG."

 

"You think I haven't tried that?" Donghae rebutted. "I even crafted a position for her in my company but no, she rejected it with just a word." 

 

"Easier way. Put that ring on her finger," Jiyong suggested. 

 

This time round, Donghae didn't even bother to answer, but simply glared at him. Hell, he think he hadn't tried it? He had tried bringing the marriage topic up, subtly or crudely, but the answer remained synonymous - she's not ready. 

 

"End of conversation. For a record, you give absolutely zero good advice, Kwon Jiyong," Donghae ridiculed. 

 

"Hey hey, you should treat me better. As you know, I'm her favourite dongsaeng. Perhaps, one sentence of advice from me might get you the fair lady~"

 

"Once," Donghae corrected. "Her favourite changed the moment Youngbae joined YG remember? She prefers good boys now."

 

"What is it that you guys wanted to tell me? Noona said that she's a gem?" Jiyong felt that he was at the losing end and decided to change the subject. 

 

"Right. Of course she's a gem!" Donghae exclaimed. "She's my beloved junior. She's pretty, as well as having both brains and brawn. Heart of gold too."

 

"Look at the hearts in your eyes~" Jiyong shook his head. "And you said noona adores other guys~" 

 

"Completely different because in this case, she adores her too," Donghae replied. "Anyway, remember Ri's grandmother?"

 

"Uh huh. Lee halmeoni? What about her? I tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter