Chapter IV

360° I N-CITY #4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I wish that it was better now that he didn’t even look at me, but somehow it made me feel worse. All our friends began to feel awkward with the altercation between me and Jaehyun. It’s been a few weeks and I glanced at my phone that had Doyoung on call, chewing on my bottom lip. I had a few reports to send in and I was almost done. I haven’t talked to Jaehyun for a while, Jaehyun acting like I never existed. His eyes would pass me in classes and I was like a ghost.

But this was what I wanted, right?

However, my heart hurt and it was hard to ignore.

“You know, all of us feel like it’s best to just talk to him,” Doyoung said through the phone as I tapped down on the keyboard. “It’s Jaehyun. It’s how he handles things. If he can’t get you, he rather not even think of you.”

“He said we can’t be friends. Besides, it’s not that bad.” I told Doyoung who scoffed.

“You kidding me? Every time we go out, we have to decide. Are we going to invite you? Or Jaehyun? Or both? Can you guys even be in the same room together?” Doyoung sighed. “Taeyong and Johnny are torn between the two of you and I know you guys are not deliberately doing it. It’s just hard to hang out with the situation.”

“Mhm,” I mumbled. “I’m done with the references. I’m sending it to you to check and if you say it’s okay, I’ll submit it.”

“Okay,” Doyoung said and I sent it to his email. “But I’m serious. Tell me you don’t miss him.”

“I don’t,” I said, hearing a click from the other side of the phone, Doyoung telling me that my references have to be in the footnote. I edited it, sending him another version. “We both need to heal. It’ll be a while until everything goes back to normal.”

“Right. I’m not bothered by it. Taeyong and Johnny are. That’s all I’m saying. Are we still going to the café in 127 Mall tomorrow?” Doyoung asked and I told him yes before I told him I’ll head to bed.

“Alright. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Doyoung told me and I hung up, laying back against the bed. I went into Instagram seeing Muffin post a photo with her brother. Jaehyun was smiling, making a peace sign and I felt a small pang of pain. I sighed.

I didn’t know what I wanted.

It was logic against emotions.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was in the 127 Mall with Doyoung and I sat there with him, eating a cupcake. We were talking about everything under the sun and it was like the old times. Doyoung was pretty prim and proper and I often about it. I lifted the teacup to my lips, drinking the tea when I saw two people walk past the café.

At first glance, it looked like a couple and when I looked closely—I saw that it was Jaehyun and a female. My eyes widened, a hand going to grab Doyoung. I pointed and Doyoung turned to see who it is. Why was he here? Who was he with?

“What?” he asked, “Is that Jaehyun?”

I nodded, quickly standing up.

“What in the world—I thought you didn’t care!” he said, but I was already dragging him out of the café. “Are you serious? Hide, he just looked at us!” Doyoung squealed, pushing me behind a pillar.

He peeked out from behind the pillar carefully and I mirrored his actions.

“He’s on a date, isn’t he?” I asked Doyoung who grabbed his sunglasses and put them on his face. I slid mine that was propped on my head down to cover my eyes. “It’s Jaehyun on a date!”

“Of course, it is,” Doyoung said. “It’s Jung Jaehyun. Who’s that girl? I feel like I’ve seen her before. I can’t remember where.”

We went from behind the pillar to the closest bookshop that was across the store Jaehyun and his date were at. Doyoung kept saying that he had seen her around before, the male muttering to himself when a girl passed him. Jaehyun turned and Doyoung yelped, both of us slamming against a stranger who was behind us.

She was holding a notebook and it fell onto the ground. Doyoung bent down to pick it up for her when she yelled out.

“No!”

She quickly went to the floor to pick them up, mumbling a sorry under her breath before sprinting away. Doyoung was confused.

“Well, that was weird,” Doyoung said and we both focused on Jaehyun who was talking to the female.

“The red one is nice.” Jaehyun was saying and I could see that they were looking at couple shirts.

“He never wore couple of shirts with me!” I told Doyoung who huffed. “He said they were cheesy!”

“Red one?” the female who was with Jaehyun asked. She looked simple, a white T-shirt and jeans. “I was thinking maybe pink?”

“Pink? But you don’t like pink, don’t you?” Jaehyun asked almost warmly and I felt my body burn with jealousy. “Yahoo, how about you buy the red one for you and another pink one?”

“Yahoo?” Doyoung said to himself. “That name sounds so familiar…. Who is it? I’ve seen her somewhere!”

“Doyoung, you don’t even go anywhere other than university and home,” I told him; my eyes focused on Jaehyun who was discussing something with the female.

“Then I must have seen her in university,” Doyoung concluded. “But I have definitely heard that name before.”

“How about these Mickey Mouse house slippers?” Jaehyun asked.

“Maybe I should call him,” Doyoung said and I nodded. “Maybe I should call him an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter