chaotic dynamics

spring rain

Cameras shuttered and lights flashed. The white light blinded her, causing Sojung to squint for a second before one of the cameramen yelled at her; something about how her face looked unruly. She scoffed. As much as she hated to admit it, she was used to these kinds of comments yet it still made her blood boil. 

“That’s it! Your poses, visuals and confidence are amazing! Ooh ohh! Keep that look on your face!”

A sigh escaped the girl. Not physically of course, it would ruin the so-called look on her face. Sojung leaned forward as she placed her hand on her cheek.

“What the is that? Change!”

How about you ing change !

Sojung refrained from tearing the lens off the cameras. Her nostrils flared before reverting back to the pose she was once in and allowed the men to snap more photos. 

They were always so demanding, wanting to control every single movement she did. Sojung stood from the box and brushed the nonexistent dust off her pants. The pictures came out nice; they always did; but it wasn’t to her satisfaction. One time, she tried to tell them but they only responded with: “That’s too boring, we need something special.”

Her face twitched. How annoying.

Coming towards the camera, Sojung examined the pictures planted on the screen. 

“Huh…” she hummed. “...I guess it’ll do.”

“You guess?” The man who was taking her pictures came running over.

“Yes, you heard me correctly.”

A scoff left his mouth causing Sojung’s pupils to light on fire. “Miss Kim, I’m your parents’ best photographer and you’re telling me… you guess you like it?”

Words weren’t nearly enough to describe the flames that were cowering before Sojung. She clenched her fist, nails digging into the palm of her hands—to which created tiny crescents in her skin. The inside of her stomach burned and boiled. The photographer was great, don’t get her wrong, but not exactly to Sojung’s standards. Taking a deep breath, Sojung exhaled the anger out of her. 

“It’s good. I like it. A lot.” Sojung smiled through clenched teeth.

“That’s what I like to hear!” He said with overwhelming enthusiasm.

Sojung clicked her tongue. Even Yerin, who was concerningly more energetic than this rat, was less tiring. She sighed.

The photo shoot was far from over—she still had a few more sessions to take but that was for a different day. She ran a hand through her hair, flinging her purse over her shoulder and slipped her phone into her hand. 

A few notifications from Yerin and Yewon, nothing to really worry about. As Sojung walked out from the building, she looked up at the sky and sighed. It was such a beautiful day yet she was in a sour mood. No matter how much she tried, that crawling fire in her gut wouldn’t go away. Without knowing, Sojung found herself clenching her jaw in an attempt to relieve her anger.

“Ah whatever!” She screamed.

Adding to the problem, the pavement hurt underneath her feet—all she wanted to do was relax for just a few seconds!

“But no! I have drive 10 ing minutes because—“ Sojung grunted as her phone rang obnoxiously. “—what is it now?!”

“And it’s just a text from Yerin."

Sojung shook her head. The girl can wait, Yerin had no problems in the past when she had to wait… although once when she was late bringing her chicken, Yerin threw a huge fit about it being cold and soggy. A shudder ran through her spine. She still remembered when her friend constantly glared at her throughout the day—don’t even get her started on the silent treatment.

Running into her car, Sojung wasted no time propping her phone up on the dashboard and starting the engine. With the tap of a few buttons, her phone buzzed as her ringtone filled the air. In seconds, Yerin answered the call.

“Sojung!” She said through the screen, looking at the latter's background. "Hey! Are you driving? You shouldn’t be using your phone!”

The girl looked at the camera. “Calm down, I’ll pay attention to the roads.”

“You won’t be paying attention when I show you these?”

“What?” Her words immediately piqued her interest causing Sojung to cast her eyes down. She almost scoffed. Much to her disappointment, Yerin was only showing off her very pinchable cheeks.

“See!”

“God, Yerin-ah one day I’m going to beat the hell out of you.” Sojung said as she reversed and pulled out of the parking lot. “Anyway how did our plan go last night?”

In the corner of her eye, Sojung could see a small smirk on Yerin’s lips. “Well, she’s still sleeping so I don’t really know…”

“But?”

“...but, I think we might’ve been successful!” Yerin clapped happily. “Yuna looked pretty happy when she went to her room—she also gave me the cutest smile ever when she came home~"

Sojung smiled at the girl’s tone. “Is that so?”

“Mhm!”

The fire that Sojung wanted to disappear so greatly was finally gone—replaced with a drooping flower; or what she felt normally, at least with Yerin she did. An uncontrollable smile formed on her face and even if she tried to stop, it wouldn’t go away. Sojung giggled to herself. Was it weird to say she liked to smile around Yerin?

“Oh right,” Sojung pressed the brakes, her car slowing down as the traffic light turned red. “Sorry not being at the dorm last night, busy with parent .”

“Sojung-ah~"

“Hm?”

Looking over at Yerin (just for a second), the said girl was met with a frown.

“You don’t need to apologize for those things, I understand—plus we’ve known each other for years, I practically know what you’re thinking.”

“Oh?” Sojung raised an eyebrow. “What am I thinking about then?”

As the light turned green, Sojung drove forward, continuing on the road back to the dorm. Yerin hummed from the phone, her chin like a detective.

And great! Another red light meant waiting about a minute or so. Leaning against the steering wheel, Sojung tore her eyes away from the road to look at Yerin. Something in her chest fluttered. Not in the way you might be thinking, no, it almost made Sojung laugh. Yerin was someone who made her feel genuinely happy. She was like a ginseng, a vitamin that encouraged her and even caused Sojung’s heart to float at times. It’d be a lie to say Yuna made her feel the same as Yerin did. Yerin was the sun in her life—if she was gone, Sojung wouldn’t know what to do. 

“Well, I guess you’re thinking of me?”

She froze. Is it just me or is it suddenly hot? Heat washed over her body, the pores itching as sweat accumulated on her skin. The butterflies in her chest flapped harder and the ability to speak suddenly vanished. Sojung shook her head. Why was she even flustered?

“Wha—no! Why would I be thinking of you when I’m talking to you?!” The girl combusted.

Yerin chuckled. “The way you’re looking at me through a screen just gives me a slight hunch but who knows?”

“Yah! You’re wrong! You’re definitely wron—“

A loud honk interrupted the girl causing Sojung to let out a scream.

“Damn it! The ing light is green!” Sojung pressed on the pedal, her car rushing forward with speed.

Yerin cackled, clearly amused by the latter’s antics, and placed her chin in her palm. “Eonni gets so flustered easily! This is why you’re my favorite to tease~ although Yuna goes along with me so—“

“Jung Yerin!”

“What?! I didn’t do anything!”

Sojung furrowed her eyebrows. Her heart was beating fiercely in her chest. What was it? A part of her didn’t like to be compared with Yuna; they were their own person—different people! Right! She scoffed softly as she pulled into the dorm parking lot. Yerin shouldn’t compare the two of them like that. 

“I should be your favorite.” She huffed lowly.

But the throbbing in her chest was telling her that wasn’t the reason. Sojung clenched the steering wheel. A fire was ignited by a storm. Sojung questioned whether or not what she was feeling was real. After all: how could a fire burn when it was raining? The fire grew continuously, ashes falling on to her skin as Yerin kept babbling on about Yuna accepting skinship.

“I’m so happy, Yuna really is the only one that lets me kiss her!” Yerin giggled.

“Yerin-ah!”

“Why do you keep scolding me?!”

Sojung rolled her eyes before turning off the engine and throwing her keys into her purse. 

“You’re so annoying.”

“I know you love me~” 

Grabbing her phone, Sojung stared dead in the camera. “Bye.”

“Hey—!”

The device vibrated, as she walked into the dorm building. Yerin was annoying although Sojung knew that she could never get sick of the girl. Yerin wasn’t Yerin if she didn’t make those types of jokes. Sojung smiled to herself. Her friend is such a dork.

As she entered the elevator, Sojung pressed the button with a two on it. Much to her irritation, a student quickly joined her in the elevator and closed the doors immediately. 

“Ah, good afternoon sunbae.” He bowed politely before locking his eyes on his phone.

A scratching at her back made her sweat, the urge to look at the male student beside growing by the second. No. It was broad daylight, surely he wouldn’t do anything.

The hole in her stomach dug deeper as they both got off the lift and onto floor 2. Was he going to follow her? She watched his steps carefully. However, a wave of relief washed over the girl once he entered a dorm room, greeting his roommates happily before shutting the door.

“God I get worked up over the tiniest things.” Sojung muttered to herself.

She tried to change it—to lower her guards just a bit. Her parents always told her to keep her doors shut. Sojung clenched her fist. 

Iron doors towered over her. Sojung looked up at the giant metal bolts as it creaked but never opened. She’d always hear noises on the other side, like storms or rain, birds chirping and an ocean breeze. Sojung placed her hand on the right door. What was it like on the other side? Sojung turned away from the doors. Caring about that was the least of her worries. She couldn’t get attached to the idea of freedom from the walls she was caged in.

Sojung forced a mad smile, crouching over as fire brewed underneath her feet.

“Attachment is a plague.”

Opening the door to her dorm, Sojung immediately sighed as she was met with a smug-looking girl.

“What’s that look?” Sojung said, tossing her bag next to Yerin. “Don’t tell me you ruined the stove again…”

She frowned. “I’m not always up to something you know!”

“I highly doubt that.”

As Sojung seated herself on the couch, Yerin followed like a baby chick and sat right next to the girl. If they weren’t such good friends, Sojung would almost be uncomfortable with how close Yerin was.

“So? Are you going to tell me good news or what?” 

Yerin smirked, leaning against the backrest. “Well actually, Yuna is still sleeping so I was hoping… you’d take me out for lunch?”

“Lunch?” Sojung turned to look at Yerin. The girl’s lips glistened, a low hue of pink shaded over the plumpness. Was it weird to say it almost looked juicy? “Nice lip tint, where’d you get it from?”

“Why are you looking at my lips?”

The older girl sighed. “Because your lip tint is nice and caught my eye? Now answer me!”

“Okay okay!” Yerin put her hands up in defense.

Sojung cursed to herself. It was hard to focus on that when Yerin was puckering her lips like she wanted a kiss, teasing her as she swiveled closer.

“I may… just have went into your room and borrowed yours—“

“What?!”

Yerin let out a soft yelp. “You said I can use it anytime!”

She should’ve recognized that glisten! Though somehow, it looked better in Yerin than it did on her. And Sojung looks good in everything

“You can have it—looks better on you anyway.” She muttered, a bit sad to admit the fact.

“It’d look better if it was on both of us!”

Her eyebrows raised but before Sojung could say anything, Yerin had already pressed her lips against hers. What? The girl blinked awkwardly—taking a record time of 5 seconds to process what was happening.

...Did Yerin just kiss her because she wanted to share lip tint? A flame burned the older girl's face as she pushed Yerin away, the girl falling on her on the hardwood floor; a small thud echoing through the dorm.

“Ouch!”

“Yerin! What the ?!” Sojung covered her lips (that were now smothered in Yerin’s lip tint). “What the ?! You—what, huh?!!”

“Sojungie can you move your hand? I can’t see the tint if you’re covering your lips—“

“You brat!”

"Hey—!"

A series of about ten (maybe more) smacks echoed in their dorm room. Sojung normally went for the leg but Yerin needed something more painful for kissing her so shamefully. Smacking her shoulder, Sojung felt her breath leave her lungs as Yerin whined in protest.

“Eonni, I’m sorry!”

“You’re such a—“ Sojung said between pants. “—a brat!”

Yerin pouted but that didn’t last long as her eyes trailed to Sojung’s lips. “Ah it looks nice!”

“Yerin!”

“Can you guys shut the up?”

“Yuna!” Yerin shrieked.

Sojung almost commented how cute Yuna looked with her messy hair and baggy pajamas. However, the glare cut through her causing her to glue shut.

“Okay I sleep, class cancelled today.” Yuna waved off her friends before slamming the door shut.

Shivers ran through the two older girls, giving each other nervous looks. 

“I guess we should’ve told her we’re getting lunch—“

“I know! Don’t bother me.”

“—okay I guess she knows.” Sojung trailed off, fiddling with her fingers as Yerin stood from the ground

In return from the older girl's hits, Yerin huffed a loud sigh, smoothing out where Sojung had slapped her. Red marks were sure to appear and on her pale skin, it’d be more than noticeable. Peeking over her shoulder, Yerin found the courage to nudge Sojung's shoulder very lightly; she was slightly afraid to earn another smacking from the girl.

“Humph.” She crossed her arms.

Sojung could only smile at Yerin’s cute demeanor. She could’ve swore she felt her heart squeeze once Yerin began to stomp around like a little duck. “C’mon, I’ll bring you to your favorite tripe place.”

“Tripe?!" Her eyes lit up. "Deal!” 

And just like that, Yerin was already in a better mood!

“Let me change first.”

As Sojung made her way to her room, she immediately shut the door behind her. Yerin had a tendency to follow her into her room and watch her change as if she wasn’t getting shirtless. The girl sighed to herself. Her friend really was the troublemaker, however, Sojung wouldn’t ask for anyone else by her side. A smile creeped on her face. 

The iron doors that were never opened: creaked. Sojung stood in the middle of the two towering walls and laughed. It barely moved—just the edging of the door was slightly jutted out. Still, warmth spread over the girl as she pressed her forehead against the metal, a smile stuck on her lips. Although it was small, Sojung was at least happy the doors managed to finally move even the slightest bit.

“Yerin-ah, let’s get going.” Sojung said as she emerged out of her room.

Yerin was in the midst of reapplying lip tint. A moment passed before Sojung could realize it was the one she used earlier to… put it on her as well. 

Why does it actually look better on her than me?

“Oh, okay~” Yerin grinned. “You’re wearing pink today?”

“Oh yeah.” Sojung pinched her cardigan, lifting it up to show the girl.

“I didn’t know you wore pink.”

The two girls walked out of the dorm, shoulder to shoulder. Yerin’s fingers were inches away from Sojung’s but she wouldn’t dare hold her hand. Though it wasn’t required to feel the warmth that Sojung felt now with the girl. Simply being next to Yerin made her feel at ease.

Sojung laughed, mesmerized by Yerin’s smiling eyes. “I just felt like it today.” The girl leaned down. 

“Also it’s not pink, it’s bubblegum.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

what are consistent updates? anyway here's some beautiful friendship between wonrin >;) I feel like I didn't portray emotions that well but I think it fits the character that I want Sojung to be like (also over writing is a problem for me ;;)

remember to stay safe and keep on streaming MAGO! :D
 

also why is wonrin so cute ;;;;