Oneshot: My Boyfriend's "Past Love"? - Jihyo POV Part 1

Simply Simple is Good: Spartace Chronicles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note

- Hey Guys. Hope you guys are doing well. 

- So if you guys didn't know, I've started a new story recently. (AU) The Eternal Prince: From Idol to a Prince. While it is not Spartace like this story, it is about princes and royalty in an AU world where Korea is united in 2019. Please check that out!

- This chapter is a rather tame chapter. Not a hot steamy lemon, but what I think would be a realistic encounter. Please enjoy!

Jihyo POV: Jihyo's Apartment

In her apartment, Jihyo was sitting on her sofa, reading at her script for her new upcoming Netflix TV Drama. Recently she was asked to play a role in a new Netflix TV Drama as a female fashion CEO antagonist. To say that she was excited was an understatement. Not only would this be her first Netflix Drama, but also it would be one of the few cases where she played an antagonist. Opportunities like this rarely came by, and Jihyo didn't want to pass this by.

She couldn't wait to tell her boyfriend the good....oh...she then realized something. This new work would no doubt make her much busier than she was now. She was still appearing on Running Man, while secretly being in a relationship with her co-Running Man mate. That meant less time for romance. 

Oh what am I going to tell him? Jihyo thought worriedly. Her boyfriend was definitely not going to enjoy having less time to be with her. 

Then the doorbell rang, and Jihyo was taken out of her thoughts. She put the script under a pillow and opened the door. As if the Devil had listened to her, her boyfriend was in front of the door, grinning.

"Hey." Jong Kook greeted her as he carried with his two bags of food. 

"Hey." Jihyo returned the greeting and kissed her boyfriend on the cheek. 

"I brought dinner." Jong Kook lifted one of the bags. "Your favorite stew and sweets."

"You know me so well." Jihyo winked, and Jong Kook kissed her on the lips this time. And after a pleasant dinner and dessert, both Jong Kook and Jihyo moved to the sofa. As Jong Kook sat down a pillow, he jumped back up, frowning. Then he moved the pillow he was sitting on and saw a script. 

"Hey, what's this?" Jong Kook lifted the script. "Looks like a script."

Jihyo flinched and sighed. She supposed that she couldn't really hide it. "Yeah. It's a script for a new....Netflix drama that I was asked to act in."

"Really?" Jong Kook spoke as he sat back down, reading it. "Netflix, huh? Those one are really popular."

"Yeah. In it, I'm playing an antagonist this time." Jihyo added. 

"You? An antagonist?" Jong Kook grinned and looked up at her. "Can't really see you as one."

"Really? You saw my other work. I played that psychopath before." Jihyo raised her eyebrow.

"Sure. And I also saw you beat Kwangsoo and Haha up." Jong Kook grinned. "Is is going to be anything like that?"

"Hardly." The actress rolled her eyes. "This time, the role is a fashion CEO who's doing her best to crush the protagonist, who is starting her own clothing company. I read the script, and I really like how she's written. She's a complicated character."

"That's good." Jong Kook nodded. "Much better than being an one-dimensional punk."

"So I was considering...to take the part," Jihyo spoke slowly, looking at her husband. "If that's okay with you..."

"Of course I'm okay with it." Jong Kook replied, frowning. "You thought I would object to you working?"

"I mean, we're already working on Running Man. And ever since you and I got together, you stopped working on most other shows so that we could spend time together. If I work, then we'll barely have time." Jihyo spoke. It has been several months since Jong Kook and Jihyo became a couple, and as Jihyo said, Jong Kook stopped doing so many shows. So outside of Running Man and a few of Jong Kook's other TV shows, the two of them were free to spending it together. 

And how much fun they had. Jong Kook took her to so many places for food and fun, paying for nearly everything along the way. And near the end of every night...well...one only had to imagine the heat building between them in those nights. 

Jong Kook put the script down and nodded for a bit. "I mean, it's only for a while, right? And you've been waiting for an opportunity like this. When will you get another one?"

"Yeah but..." Jihyo still sounded unsure. "Are you okay with this?"

"Of course! You're an actress, Jihyo-yah. And I don't want you to stop your career just because of me. If I was singing more often, I doubt that you'd be stopping me." Jong Kook smiled and put his hand on hers. "I'm thankful that you thought of me. So yeah. I'm okay with this, as long as you want to do this."

"I do." Jihyo nodded slowly, squeezing his hand tightly.

"Then do it, okay? Do your best and shine like always." Jong Kook added, and Jihyo showed her thankfulness by jumping onto his lap and kissing him. 

"Thank you!" Jihyo hugged Jong Kook tightly and swung side to side. 

"Just one condition." Jong Kook looked up, and Jihyo looked at him. "You have to make it up for me."

"Make it up to you? How?" Jihyo tilted her head. 

"Visit My Mom and Dad with me. As a couple." The singer spoke, and Jihyo's eyes widened. 

"Are you sure you want to tell them?" She sat back slightly on Jong Kook's lap. "I mean, I don't mind. In fact, I'd love to. It's just that...you really want to tell others about us?"

"Telling them first seems obvious to me. Especially my mother. God knows she's worrying for me more." Jong Kook sighed softly. "So, do we have a deal?"

"Deal." Jihyo grinned and sealed the deal with a kiss. 

"So, tell me more about this drama." Jong Kook grinned and Jihyo plopped down next to him and described the drama. 

A week later...

There was a cast gathering today, where all of the cast members would gather and do script reading. Jihyo had read the script multiple times so she already knew who her castmates were and what roles they were playing. 

All but one person. The protagonist of the story, as far as Jihyo knew, had yet to be cast. When she asked the director who it was, all she got was that the protagonist had yet to be cast yet. In other words, she would meet the main actress today. As the meeting was about to start, Jihyo scanned the room to see who her acting partner would be. 

The protagonist was supposed a shy, yet aspiring fashion designer who wanted to start her own company, in contrast to Jihyo's cold and ruthless business woman character. Jihyo thought of different actresses who would be perfect for the role, such as Moon Geun Young, Park Shin Hye, and Im Soo yang. 

Then all of a sudden, the door to the room opened, and an actress who was both familiar and unfamiliar to Jihyo appeared, someone who was not included in her list of actresses. "Sorry I'm late! I got lost" She exclaimed and bowed. 

The director laughed it off. "That's fine. That's fine. Glad that you could make it. Jihyo-ssi, please come here as well!" He nearly dragged Jihyo and put her next to the new actress. 

"Everyone! Meet the main actresses of this drama, Song Jihyo and Yoon Eun Hye!"

Jihyo would have never guess that her co-star would be none other that Yoon Eun Hye, the very woman whom her boyfriend was paired up with for more than 15 years! She remembered the two of them worked together when filming Princess Hours back in 2006, and both of them were so close back then. But after the drama, the two of them went their separate ways, becoming distant like now. 

Then the script reading for the first few episodes started, and Jihyo went into business mode to nail the script as she practiced many times before. 

As the antagonist, Jihyo's character's story started as trying to buy Eun Hye's chara

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter