Twenty Seven

Goldie Locks and Papa Bear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

There is mention of self mutilation in this part, Jaejoong scratches at his throat with his nails. It isn't graphic, but it is there. So if you are not comfortable you might want to skip over this part. I could guide you into reading around it, but I think you'd miss a bit too much. It isn't long extensively talked about either, but its there and all.

 

Also probably typo heaven and all.

 

------

 

Although he accepted the offer immediately, he wouldn’t start at Jung Industries for another week.  

 

The contract was fine, he was fine with the terms and conditions, he was surprised to find the Jungs had an equal opportunity clause in act. Of course, that in itself wasn’t surprising; most companies had them and when faced with omegas (at a high level) they would simply deny them and cite a bad fit or poor qualifications for the position. 

 

Although, Jaejoong was pretty sure there weren’t many omegas in high positions, and if they were they probably didn’t advertise such a thing. 

 

But, the surprising part of Jung Industries hadn’t really been such a clause existing; it had been the fact that secondary genders didn’t have to be disclosed until after employment had begun and they only really needed to be disclosed to department heads.  

 

At first he had tried to look it up online, maybe was clause was talked about somewhere- but he couldn’t find anything so he doubted the Jungs’ actively advertised it.  

 

Naturally, the next thing he’d done was ask Yunho. 

 

While there wasn’t a ton of omegas working in the company, Jaejoong was far from the only one, and one of the department heads was an omega, though Yunho had warned him that if he got on her bad side that she was terrifying.  

 

The simple answer was that some people didn’t want, just as Jaejoong didn’t, their secondaries out in the open, and with the reptation the Jungs’ had, being a prestigious family, nobody really stopped to question the people working for them. 

 

By the time he had gotten off the phone he couldn’t help but wonder if perhaps Yunho and his family were too perfect. 

 

Surely there had to be a catch somewhere, something nefarious or evil perhaps. 

 

But then he remembered all the same, that Yunho in particular was often considered a demon in the business world.... which maybe wouldn’t bode well for Jaejoong, but he was willing to give it a try. 

 

-----

 

“Would you be angry if-” 

 

“You realize that is the worst way to greet somebody, don’t you? No hi, how are you to soften the blow? Really, Jae.” 

 

Jaejoong pauses, just for a second, brow furrowing as he considers the words. Solar has a point, and if nothing else it is probably a little bit rude that he didn’t even say hello... 

 

But, well, he has to know and if he doesn’t ask quickly, he isn’t going to ask at all. 

 

Somehow, he wants to say her answer won’t matter at all, but truly Jaejoong has no idea. What if Solar freaks out that he is working for a rival familys’ company? 

 

Solar herself doesn’t have too much to do with the family business, not really. She’s doing her own thing under her own name mostly, though he knows she still holds some stock and appears at some of the events. Last he heard Hwayoung would be taking over, but it’s been a while and he doesn’t really care.  

 

“Alright sweetie, what did you do?” Jaejoong hates that tone, it’s tender, the same way Solar talks to his niece when she’s upset or hurt. 

 

He doesn’t really deserve such a tone, he bites sharply on the tip of his tongue before he can scold her for it, though. 

 

“So, I uh... I dropped out of school,” he begins, clearing his throat when he hears fabric rustle in the background- if he had to guess his sister was lounging around and now she’s sitting up on high alert. 

 

“What?” she isn’t yelling, but it’s a near thing, voice sharp in alarm, “But you love your art classes? Is it- oh god was it- was it our parents? Are you alright? I’ve told you before I wanted to pay your tuition, we’ll go down there tomorrow and-!” 

 

“Noona!” he startles them both, he’s pretty sure and his sigh feels haggard, “It wasn’t... it was my decision. It was... too much... And I got a job like... a real job. A not working in a coffee shop or waiting tables job...” 

 

She wants to argue, press the school thing, he can tell by the silence, and the sound of Solar drawing in a couple of deep breaths.  

 

If anyone asked her candidly and without cameras how many children she had, he’s pretty sure she would say she had two, that he was her first born, something that would confuse most people and outrage their parents. 

 

She had always said it when he was small, usually while he was upset and crying that as soon as she was old enough, she was going to adopt him and take him away from their parents' mansion. Obviously, life hadn’t played out that way for either of them, but he’s pretty sure it worked out the best for his sister and he is still, arguably, in one piece too. 

 

“Okay,” Solar finally says, exhaling over the word, “Is this what you thought I was going to be angry about? Dropping out of school? What kind of job is this?” 

 

“Actually... actually it’s the job that I... If I happened to be working at a major company somehow...” 

 

“Like at a rival company?” she doesn’t scoff, doesn’t stop to comment that he had no chance to land any sort of position at such a place and he appreciates it. 

 

“Yeah... yeah something like that.” 

 

“Well, I’d say our parents are missing out on your genius and if that so happens to come back and bite them, so be it. So, spill... who is it?” 

 

He shouldn’t tell her, perhaps. Maybe it is breaking some kind of clause, one he hadn’t noticed somehow, but this is Solar and he doesn’t think- he knows she won’t do anything out of turn. 

 

“I’m working at Jung Industries,” he begins slowly, dragging his teeth over his lower lip, “Jung.... uh.. Yunho hired me at his PA so-” 

 

He’s not expecting the shriek, really, which is why he startles and jerks, nearly dropping his phone. 

 

“Ohhh my gosh, this is perfect Joongie,” it’s a squeal this time, but not much gentler on his ears, “Amazing. I knew it. You’re like... soulmates or something.” 

 

How she has jumped to this conclusion, he doesn’t know, but it frustrates him just a little bit. 

 

“Soulmates aren’t real, besides what are you on about?” 

 

“You laid eyes on Yunho like... like once when you were a child remember? Peeking over the banister when he came over and I swear there were little hearts in your eyes and then you were so upset at me for the engagement-” 

 

“What?” now he’s the one who sounds shrill, “No that like- no.” 

 

“It was so cute, and then how could I go and marry your first love like that?” she sighs, and he can imagine her pressing a hand to her chest, overly sentimental, “But in all seriousness, I was never what someone like Jung Yunho would need... but you...” 

 

“What do you even mean?” 

 

“You’re smart and feisty, and lovely of course. And Yunho he’s always been a romantic, even if he comes off as a complete monster in front of a camera. He needs traditional, it works because you’re an -” 

 

He doesn’t let her finish. It’s instinctual, the way he yelps and throws the phone like he’s been burned and maybe he has. The base of his scalp is prickling and his breath is coming out quickly, too quickly. 

 

He feels like he is going to throw up. 

 

The panic attack hits him hard and fast out of left field, a lot like his sister

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter