Chapter 2: The Cat

Spring to Fall: Truth or Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two girls just came out from the bakery store. The brown long haired girl was holding a paper bag that full of fresh baked breads. She stood at the corner beside a post. She is waiting for her friend whose talking to a middle aged man who is also came out from the bakery.

 

The girl just smiled while looking at her friend who is busy talking.

"Jinjin(Yujin) is really grown up now." she said to herself and look around over that place when she notice something.

 

Yujin is already done talking to the middle aged man and currently bowing to bid her goodbye. She automatically face Minju who is standing beside a post.

"Unnie le-" she didn't finish her sentence when the said girl is cannot be found to the spot she saw the girl earlier.

 

 

Yujin can't stand still when she can't see Minju on her sight. Then she saw some people gathering around. She panic that maybe that was Minju who became unconscious that's why people are gathering around.

 

And she's right It was Minju that's why people gathered around but she's wrong about Minju being unconscious because Minju is fully awake and alive while carrying...

 

"Seriously unnie? You are sacrificing your life for... A ING STRAY CAT??!!"

 

They are now on the way going home but Yujin still cannot progress of what the latter did.

 

"I didn't sacrifice my life though." Minju stated. "I'm just helping Jinnie cat to survive and live for a good life." She said while holding the cat and it.

 

"You're so unbelievable unnie." The taller just shake her head. “You even named her? And what? Jinnie? Is it came from my name?" She puts her right hand to her head and massages both of her temples.

"Are you the only person having a name Jin?" Yujin responded by shaking her head. "See!! I named her Jinnie because..." Yujin is just staring at her. "Because hmmm... ahmmm" older looks at her… and lead their eyes meeting each other.

 

"Because of me right?" Yujin pointing herself

 

"I think so?" Minju said. "But maybe because she's not Aladdin or Ariel but a Jinnie." Minju added.

"Not Aladdin or Ariel? It was Aladdin and Jasmine." Yujin corrected Minju but just rolled her eyes.

“Oh… that Jasmine?” then she looked at the taller girlz with a smirk.

 

 

Yujin just deeply sighed... looking at the small girl... It makes her heart beat beats so fast while seeing the girl smiling and talking to the cat... and because of what she saw on the girl's face, Yujin can't help but to smile despite of what happened earlier.

 

 

 

 

"We're home!!!"

Minju puts down the cat that she's been carrying while Yujin walk straight on the kitchen where Mrs. Kim is preparing for thier brunch.

"Hi Mrs. Kim these are the breads you asked for." Yujin greeted and put it on the table. "Sorry for bothering you Yujin and thank you for this... I hope Minju didn't cause any trouble." Mrs. Kim seems worried about her daughter going out so Yujin reassured her not to worry.

 

"It's fine Mrs. Kim... Minju unnie may be troublesome..." Then took a glance on Minju.

"Sometimes... but she's a good girl so don't worry I can manage her." Yujin giving her a smile that leads in showing her dimples. Then Mrs. Kim expression changed. Which the taller girl regretted that she mention about the word trouble

 

"So my daughter did something bad?"

 

Yujin froze. She knows that she was in trouble especially her best friend. She can't tell Mrs. Kim of what happened earlier she's afraid that Mrs.Kim will be mad that she didn't fulfill her promise that she will protect Minju from outside world no matter what but she doesn't want to lie on Mrs. Kim.

 

"Uumm...hmm unnie ha~" Yujin was cut off on her sentence. "I didn't do anything bad mom... besides I just saved this cat... Jinnie" It was Minju the cat on her arms.

 

Yujin sigh as a relief... she was saved by an angel yet an evil one.

 

"You just what?” Mrs. Kim looks at Minju suspiciously. "You just saved that cat? Where? And you even named her? What? Jinnie?" The change of tone on Mrs. Kim's voice feels like a little mad and worried at the same time.

 

Yujin can just chuckle in the middle of the intense situation they are in. And also because of the same statement that Yujin said to Minju earlier.

 

But she's still afraid to Mrs. Kim.

 

"Mom I just saved it!" The she looks at the taller girl "And Yujin will keep it though."

 

Hearing what older said, Yujin open her eyes widely and looked at Minju.

"Hey! I didn't say anything like that!" she's mouthing Minju but the girl just looking at her like just go with it… we'll be safe. Then Yujin turn to Mrs. Kim who is already looking at her.

 

"Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter