Chapter 5 - SME'S Main Building

My First and Last

A/N: SME = SM Entertainment

 

Stomping down the road Minseok finds himself on his way to the SM Entertainment’s main building, holding his mobile in front of his mouth to leave a voice message behind for his friend Jimin.

“I know you said yesterday evening that I shouldn’t be doing this, but I don’t care if he’s an idol, I have to at least try, though I know my odds are really low… Don’t worry I won’t be throwing chairs or tables” he makes a short pause reflecting what he just said “at least that isn’t my plan… I’m not sure how they’ll react with me appearing there from nowhere since I don’t know how a normal business day looks at their spaces. So yeah if I end up in jail today, better get your and bank account ready to get me outta there.” He finishes his voice message thinking that he probably exaggerated a little but he shrugs that thought off, thinking a little drama won’t do any harm.

But still, he was a little surprised by himself that he actually made his way to the SME’s main building. He never imagined to ever have a reason to go there.

Entering the building’s main entrance was easier than expected, the guards letting him pass without any comment and the entrance hall was also quite empty, probably due for the reason that is was a mid-morning business day.

His hands in his cardigan’s pockets he stood there for a moment looking around, amazed by the stunning architecture and the modern design in general. He saw a stair on the left with an extra passcode toll which opened a glass door which allowed you to go upstairs. Seems like this is where the idols went through to get to their rooms. It made sense to protect the idols by this technical stuff, regarding the different types of fans out there.

He then made his way to the counter where a young pretty girl sits and greets him politely. ‘So even their staff has to be pretty? Wow.’ he thought.

“Uh, hello I’d like to speak to Baekhyun from the group EXO.”

The receptionist’s expression already changed into a ‘not again a crazy fan’ one when she heard the words formally spoken by the handsome boy in front of her. She was just about to open to interrupt him but Minseok kept talking fast:

“Like can I get an appointment? It’s really urgent.”

“Since I doubt you’re a family member, because I would have seen you around here at least once, I can’t let you get an appointment with the requested person.” The woman calmly explained.

But Minseok wasn’t that easy to shake off.

 

 

 

“And one, and two, and three and turn! Stop! Pounce pounce. Very good!” the dance instructor finishes.

Wiping away his sweat Baekhyun took a deep breath. The dance practice lessons were always very exhausting, but at the same time refreshing. The air in the room already sticky Baekhyun was glad that he could already take a break, as for he’s not one of the main dancers. Sometimes he wished he could dance as good as Lay or Kai, but at times like these he was also happy about it.

Sitting down, leaning against the giant mirrors behind them Luhan, Baekhyun and Chen watch their dance line doing an extra routine.

“Our next project is not until next week, right?” Chen asked into the air while his eyes followed s in front of him.

Humming in agreement his fellow singers drank from their water bottles.

“I need a coffee.” Luhan simply groaned.

“Oh, come on it’s barely something around 11 a.m. !”

“This old man needs his breaks Chen!” Baekhyun gave the younger a knowing smirk, earning a playful smack on his head from the older.

“Sorry that I get tired like a normal human being and don’t do the extra routine voluntarily like Kyungsoo! And on top of that coffee’s just great!” Luhan retorted overdramatically, making a faint mistake in the pronunciation making the younger boys laugh.

After a moment Baekhyun calmly spoke up: “He really has gotten better… our boy Kyungsoo… ohoho but soon is the release of his new movie, right?! We gotta get some tickets!”

“You can guess three times which old man already got them.” The old man waved at himself narcissistically while commenting on the puppy like boy.

“How about you ask our fans you’re looking for a companionship for the movie, then even more people would watch the movie!” Chen added in his loud voice teasingly. Baekhyun sighs and Luhan answered frantically:

“Please don’t, it’s almost impossible for us to go there in general…”

“Theoretically he could just go down to the receptionists and ask for some photos. They definitely still have some I bet. And at least a few shouldn’t be that ugly.”

“Stop making fun of our fans!” Luhan pushed him jokingly “I’m not!”

Enjoying their happy time Baekhyun followed their conversation amusedly.

“I stopped hoping seeing him after the activity period so I could just take fate into my hands and go downstairs and fetch some photos for fun. I won’t let you decide from all people Chen. You have terrible taste.” That comment only left Chen whining saying how evil his hyung is and how he thought that he was actually nice.

During the activity period the staffs had to write down the names and take photos of the ones claiming to be “the one”. Also, in the online contact form the people were asked to upload their pictures. How else could Baekhyun decide if they are the right person? The list of names remained at the reception and they had still quite a few photos laying around there.

 

 

 

After dance practice dismissal he decided to go downstairs first, getting some pictures before taking a shower.

It was nothing new that there were fans at the main buildings counter making a turmoil and arguing loudly. So when Baekhyun heard a male voice arguing with the receptionist, judging from the voice it was probably Yura, he didn’t put much thought to it as to who the guy is.

Hopping down the transparent stairs that is covered in a glass-tunnel with his grey sportswear he wondered if it was a good idea to come down that moment.

“Really, all I’m asking for is to speak to him! I won’t jump at him and drag him into my apartment.”

“I’m sorry sir, but he’s currently at dance practice and unless it is for an official interview, I cannot help you.”

Clenching his hands on the counter Minseok was getting desperate after arguing for probably half an hour non-stop but it felt like an eternity for him. Running out of mental power he also started running out of ideas what to counter in order to gain access for a conversation with the idol.

Almost unnoticeable, a grey figure made its way down the transparent stairs with a hood hiding his head. Baekhyun just quickly wanted to get those pictures, he’ll just have to ignore the fan.

Minseok gave him a short glance but quickly ignoring the figure, he turned back to the problem in front of him. Not knowing what to do he stared at the staff in front of him with determined eyes and lips pressed flat, desperate to find anything to say.

The one in his grey sportswear felt lucky that the guy didn’t seemed to be interested in him which made him look up and he couldn’t believe his eyes when they were reflecting what was in front of him.

Baekhyun’s legs stopped and his eyes grew wider in disbelief. It was only for the voice coming left from him that Minseok was taken out of his thoughts and turned to the person standing a few meters away from him.

“Minseok?”

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

The SME building looks much different than how I described it here. After I was there myself, I am cringing at my explanation of the building. I won’t be changing it though, because that was my original imagination and it needs to look like this for the story.

And wohoo, they finally met! I changed the POV a lot in the last paragraph, I hope it wasn't too confusing. Basically when Baekhyun was upstairs Minseok arrived at the SME building and when Baekhyun went downstairs to the reception he suddenly finde the one he's been looking for all this time!

How do you think it will continue? ;D