Chapter 1 - Downtown Seoul -

My First and Last

This would hopefully be the last time Baekhyun would be able to walk down the street so freely, since his debut stage with his comrades, a band named EXO, is just around the corner. Nobody knows that he’s a trainee at SM Entertainment, well except for his family of course, but he wasn’t allowed to just publicly announce it… Not that he would want it anyway…

Today he just wanted to enjoy his freedom one last time, because he knew once he debuted, life will be highly different from being a commoner. If he was successful or not didn’t even matter, because the people could still talk about him and his beloved group EXO. When Baekhyun walked down the streets in the downtown area of Seoul his mind automatically wandered to his 10 band members.

They are a bunch of crazy but kind hearted people whom he grew very fond of, even if they knew each other only for a rather short amount of time. However, all their hours together, being frustrated, sweating, crying. It was all part of their trainee life they signed up for, only in order to debut one day.

Casually walking down the sidewalk Baekhyun wondered how he even made it into this group full of talented people. He stopped for a moment at a big crossroad and watched a teaser on one of the big screens, decorating the giant buildings, emphasizing the sun rays even more through their own gaudy lights. The teaser showed one of s, Jongin aka Kai to be precise, who made a graceful solo dance with his incredibly smooth movements. His face was mostly covered, making it difficult to perceive his identity, since his identity should be kept hidden before the debut, but Baekhyun could still definitely tell that it was him.

Lowering his head, he started walking underneath the bright sun again.

Baekhyun already dreaded the next training, knowing that one day he would have to be as good as Kai, or at least somewhere near that in order for their group to be successful. Sighing he also thought of Luhan, Jongdae and Kyungsoo. With his young 20 years he’s supposed to become an idol enchanting the crowds along with his comrades.

“Is this life really the right decision?” he mumbled to himself as he looked into the sky.

That moment a guy, only slightly smaller than him, bumped into his shoulder, obviously irritated. The guy huffed and for some odd reason Baekhyun only said “Hey.. what’s wrong?” but with no judgement or rage in his voice. Not expecting that kind of reaction of the stranger he just unintentionally tackled, some of the irritation in his face faded away and he actually halted to answer the slightly taller man properly: “I guess you could call it a bad day. “

A smug smile adorned his face, not knowing yet that the person in front of him was actually older than him, which enticed him to answer with a huff and saying “Dashing around doesn’t make it any better either.” Tilting his head slightly, the older had disbelief in his eyes. “You don’t even know what happened.”

As if it was the most natural and obvious thing to say, an invitation, asking the stranger to tell him about it made it past Baekhyun’s lips. There was just this feeling that Baekhyun didn’t want to let the other escape his life as fast as he entered it. Probably trying to gather and fixate everything before he might lose everything and has to face a completely new life, detached from everything and everyone around him.

However, the stranger had pretty much the same feeling which is why he went along the puppy like boy’s teases.

“Sure.” Minseok replied calmly and they started walking.