Chapter One | Yuju

Wrong Direction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love is never supposed to hurt. Love is supposed to heal, to be your haven from misery, to make living ing worthwhile.

- Arsen: A Broken Love Story

________________

They say, first love never dies. Is that the reason why until now, I can't forget her? I can't get over her even though I know that's the best thing to do. Why? Because she already belongs to someone else. Even if I want to fight for her, it will only be useless.

Fighting for her will only make things more complicated for us.

"So it is really true that Jung Yerin will marry the youngest daughter of one of the most popular business tycoon in our country? That school mate of ours is so lucky."

"Yeah. She's so lucky that she has good looks to make that rich kid marry her or else, her family company will be dead in bankruptcy."

"Old fashion but arrange marriage is still going on for rich people."

 

"Yeah. But it only proves how practical they are."

"Love or bread?"

I want to run away so that I won't hear whatever my classmates said about Yerin unnie. It hurts that everyday, the world is telling to my face that Yerin unnie will never be mine again. Yerin unnie already belongs to someone else and that someone else will never be me.

Is there anything I can do to save her family in their financial issues? Is there anything I can do to make Yerin unnie marry me instead?

I hurriedly fixed my things on the locker because I don't want to hear my classmates talking about Yerin unnie anymore. I want to run away and find peace in my messy mind.

I want to be free from this painful situation.

___________________

Do you know the quote 'Rubbing salt into the wound?'. That's what I did to myself when I agreed to attend in Yerin unnie's engagement party. I agreed letting myself watched how the love of my life got engaged with someone else.

It hurts even more whenever I caught Yerin unnie's eyes watching me. How can I move on from her if she will always give me a reason to foolishly hope that there will be a happy ending for our lovestory?

__________________

"Yuju..."

I stopped walking then smiled bitterly when I've heard that sweet voice. I went out of the hotel's pavilion which is the venue of Yerin unnie's engagement party to breathe. I felt like being choke there that's why I want to escape but the person I didn't want to talk with the most tonight followed me.

"Choi Yuju...Please...Can we talk?"

I smiled bitterly. Talk? What for?

"Yuju...I love you."

I bit my lower lip trying hard to stop myself bursting into tears. I know that you love me, Yerin unnie and I love you too but...The universe is against us.

"Yuju..."

I continued walking away and I was about to enter the elevator when I felt a hand hold my right hand tightly. I know it's Yerin unnie. She pulled me closer to her and meet my eyes.

"Yuju...I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. I know that you can't do anything against your parents. I'm happy because finally... you made your father proud of you, Jung Yerin." I said honestly. I know that Yerin unnie's relationship with her dad is not good that's why I know that she finally made her father happy because of this engagement.

"Stop acting like you're not hurting like me. I know this arrange marriage of mine hurts like hell for the both of us, Yuju." Yerin unnie said with tears rolling down from her eyes. "I love you and I will always love you, Yuju."

"Stop it, Yerin unnie. This is so wrong. We don't belong to each others anymor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter