Again

Missing You

 

 

Somewhere in the district of China, they walked hand in hand, Shaoting had a recurring nightmare, making him unable to sleep well, and Luhan was used to him waking up suddenly in the middle of the night and asking him to stay up with him.

This time he takes him out to make him forget his bad dreams.

"Papa, is it alright to go out this late?" worried that it was dangerous at night, Shaoting was a smart kid and he knows that. It is indeed dangerous at night, he taught him well.

"It's okay baby, as long as I'm with you, nothing bad will happen, okay?" He smiled at his son, taking him to the open food store, which was open 24/7. He left Shaoting one of the seats inside near the glass door of the store, going to the counter to buy their ice cream, not noticing that Shaoting went out.

"Mister.." Shaoting called the big mister who was about to get on a black car that dropped a wallet. Handing it back to him, "You dropped your wallet Sir!"

The man's stoic face was surprised, a little kid outside at this hour?

He took it back and was about to thank him but he suddenly run inside the store, following him with his eyes, a little guy coming from the counter with pink colored hair and two ice cream in hand, reading his lips he was asking the child where did he run off to, he was utterly dumbfounded when he recognized his face, it was his ex, the only guy he ever loved, Xi Luhan.

It has been years since he last saw him, he.. changed.. he still looked young but gentler than before, he recognized his eyes, it was loving and full of worry. He still is an open book, he can still read his face.

He saw them going out of the store so he got inside of his car, and followed them to a park. He can see them sitting side by side in a swing, eating their ice cream in silence.

'What am I doing?' he sighed to himself as he started his engine, wanting to drive away, but can't seem to do it, still watching the two of them, 'Is it his kid?'

The moment they stood up and began to walk back, they were walking hand in hand, he followed not too close, driving his car in a slow pace, his heart was full of worry that he didn't know where it came from, following them to a certain district, walking upon a medium sized apartment.

He was really curious, who was that kid's father, is Luhan married? Is it really Luhans kid? So many questions with no answers.

He travelled from Korea to China to do his business, and he didn't know that Luhan returned to China after they broke up, he never heard any news from him since they ended their relationship.

He called a number on his phone, "I want you to give me full information to a guy named Xi Luhan. He is 32 this year. His birthday was April 20, 1990, and he lived at this address xxxxxxx. I want it tonight." he ended the call, looking back at the apartment.

----


He received the file after 30 mins, he was currently staying at a hotel, opening his laptop to check the file.

Name: Xi Luhan
Age: 32
Birthday: April 20, 1990
Address: xxxxxxx
Occupation: Barista at Universe Cafe
Family: Deceased
Siblings: None
Status: Single

Son Name: Xi Shaoting
Age: 5yrs old
Father: Unknown



He saw Luhans pregnant pictures, and other pictures in a hospital, or with his kid and so on.

5 years old kid? It has been 6 years since he and Luhan broke up, is it.... his kid?

He called the same number again "Find out who the father was, or just get me the Shaoting’s DNA, I’ll test it myself."

"Who is this Luhan, boss?"

"He’s my ex"

"...." The other line was dead silent

"Is it.. your son boss?"

"You are the one who will confirm it for me baekhyun." he said in a calm voice.

"Okay.." he then finished the call.

He looked outside the glass window, watching the city lights.

-----


"Papa wake up” Shaoting woke Luhan up with a kiss on his face.

He smiled, groggily opening his eyes, staring at his son, he really looked like his dad, beautiful, their difference was just that Shaoting smiled a lot more than his dad, he completely got it from him.

‘'I'm gonna cook breakfast Darling, give me 5 minutes, okay?’' The latter just nodded, kissing his papa one more time,  jumped off his bed, then went to their bathroom and washed up, getting ready to go to school.

He stood up, changing his clothes, it was just 7am, Shaotings class was 7:50am, while he worked at 8am.

He made their breakfast, a pancake that Shaoting likes very much, he saw Shaoting hugging him from behind while he made him his food. Making his heart warm early in the morning. He loved their little morning like this every day.

“Sit down now baby” The little boy just nodded, taking a seat at their small kitchen table, he handed him his plate with pancakes in it.

The boy ate it like it was the yummiest food he ever tasted, “Papa, it's delicious!” Luhan doesn't know whether to laugh or cry, he obviously burnt the pancake but his son still compliments it.

“Aww really now? I thought I burnt it, it might taste like coal now.” He laughed and hugged his kid.

“Finish it up baby, I'm going to take a shower okay?”

“Okay papa.”

--

They walked outside their apartment, taking Shaotings hand to him, they walked on the sidewalk, he loved every moment they had together, he will never miss a day that he won’t walk his son to his school before going to work.

“Go on baby.” pushing him inside. The little guy looked up to him, arms stretched up to him, he giggled at the cute side of his son, he was asking for a kiss. Giving him a quick peck on his cheek. He waited for him to go inside before walking away to go to his work. Unaware of someone's gaze inside the car.

He arrived at his work, and was still half an hour early.

“Hey, you are early again?'' Minseok, his boss and his best friend called out to him the instant he entered the shop.

He just laughed. Beginning to work at his counter.

It was 4pm already, Luhan almost didn't notice the time not until Minseok reminded him to fetch his kid at that time, Minseok was a kind boss to him, he will give him an hour break every 4pm just to fetch Shaoting and let the kid stay until Luhan was done with his shift.

He immediately asked someone to change station with him, his colleagues, Yixing, Chen, Tao, and Kris were all understanding, they know that being a single dad was really a tough job.

He hailed a cab to Shaotings school. He saw him outside, patiently waiting, wearing a poker face, he really looked like his daddy, he bitterly smiled when he remembered that person, as soon as Shaoting saw him get out of the car, he immediately ran towards him with a big smile on his face.

"Papa!" hugging him

"Hey there baby. come on get in."