Final

Twinkle Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Honey I’m home!”, Seulgi said as she entered her home. She noticed that the house was empty. “Hmm? Not home?”. She wondered as she didn’t hear any replies. She’s super sure her “wife” would be at home. She double checked her wrist watch and confirmed that it was 7pm.


She walked around the house, confirming her suspicions were right. Shrugging that her “wife” was probably stuck in traffic, she started on dinner. She was feeling happy. She finally got a week off from her office job after a job well done and couldn’t stop thinking about all the rest she missed working as the director of Kang Enterprises.


You’d think that being a boss would entitle you to more hours working at home instead. But nope. The higher you get the more you have to do. But it’s okay. She has her “wife” to get home to. And she wouldn’t trade her for anything.


She took out some ingredients to make a simple dinner. Her “wife” rarely gets home late, and when she does her mood is usually down the drain. She decided to surprise her by cooking for her, instead of being a lazy partner and waiting for Joohyun to get started on cooking after she got home. Her mind wandered to her “wife” while she was cutting some spring onions. 


Bae Joohyun. She is a kindergarten teacher who is great with kids. They first met during a parent teacher meeting. Seulgi’s niece, Sooyoung, who was enrolled at Joohyun’s school at that time needed a guardian to meet with her teacher and her parents couldn’t make it. Seulgi was thrown the responsibility by her brother and sister-in-law after much begging and bribes.

Although, she would have done it for free since she loved her niece very much. During the parent teacher meeting, she met with Joohyun, or as the kids called her Ms. Irene. Well Seulgi didn’t believe in love at first sight, but when she met Joohyun. Damn, sparks were flying. And she just couldn’t stop thinking about her.


So after much encouragement by her friends, telling her to man up and get the girl, she went. And boy, Joohyun didn’t give her an easy time. But as time passed, Seulgi managed to get the girl, and here they are, 3 years in a committed relationship where they lived together in a small apartment in Seoul. Not too much for a kindergarten teacher, yet not too little for a director of a still rising enterprise either. Just perfect.


Marriage talks have been discussed, but with Seulgi’s schedule being super hectic, they simply couldn’t find the time. Yet Joohyun reminded her everytime. “I don’t need a certificate to call you my wife”. But Seulgi begged to differ. She knew how the documents could hinder them if anything ever happened to both of them. So she was thinking that this week, they could finally register their marriage in Canada. And hopefully get a small get together with their closed ones.


Before she could start planning though, she heard the front lock beeped.


“Babe??, she heard her girlfriend called out to her. Seulgi lowered the flames and went to the front door to greet her girlfriend.


“Welcome home babe. You look tired.”, Seulgi said as she gave her girlfriend a hug. “Go wash up. I’m almost done with dinner.”


“Ughh thank you so much, dear. I’m just so exhausted.”, Joohyun lamented. She gave Seulgi a small peck on the cheek and took a sniff. “Hmmm smells good baby. Can’t wait for dinner.”. With that, she rushed towards their shared bedroom and washed up.


It took Joohyun a short 15 minutes before finally joining her girlfriend for dinner.


“Tough day?”, Seulgi asked while serving some food to Joohyun’s plate.


“Hmm. Not too bad.”Joohyun replied. “Just that there’s this new kid who got enrolled. Kim Yerim. From the orphanage that we’re partnered with.”


“Oh? I see. How old is she?”


“6 years old. Parents died a year ago and no known relatives."


“I see. That’s quite sad.”, Seulgi said, shocked at the information of the new kid. 


“Yeah I know. I tried making friends with her. But she’s shut off from the rest of the class. She answers in short answers and shrugs anyone who talks to her. But she’s pretty smart though. She can do some advanced maths problem and way ahead of our class syllabus. I might have a child genius in my hands.”, Joohyun started her rant. Seulgi loves it whenever Joohyun talks about her students. 


“Ooh. Impressive. And Ms. Irene’s magic doesn’t work on her? That’s even more impressive.”, Seulgi smirked.


“Yah. So not funny. I literally tried everything. Gave her treats, toys, everything. But she still won’t talk to me.”, Joohyun whined. It was quite a cute sight.


“Hahahaha. Put yourself in her shoes babe. She needs more time to adjust. She literally just enrolled.”, Seulgi assured her. “Plus, you won’t give up till you get her to be your friend anyway.”


“Hmph. That’s right!”, Joohyun said with a determined glint in her eyes. To put in a more dramatic flair, she raised her chopsticks up in the air, “She will fall under my spell soon.”


“Hahahaha. You sound like a witch more than a teacher, Hyun”, Seulgi said, wiping tears of laughter that escaped her eyes. “Anyway, I have a week off. Want to go register our marriage?”


“What?! Really?!”, Joohyun exclaimed. “Finally!”, she said while standing up from her seat and gave her bear a huge hug and sat on her lap.


“Hahahaha. Whatever happened to “I don’t need a certificate to call you my wife”?, Seulgi said after pulling her girlfriend away from the hug.


“Yah. You know I’m just saying that so you won’t feel too bad.”, Joohyun smacked her arms.


“Hahaha. I know. Thank you for being patient with me Hyun.”, Seulgi said and gave Joohyun a kiss on the lips. Their lips separated and they looked each other in the eyes. Only love could be found, until of course Joohyun had a mischievous glint in hers. 


“Wait is this how you’re supposed to propose?”, Joohyun said.

 
“P-propose? We still need to do that? After being together for 3 years?” Seulgi panicked. 


“Hahaha. Nuh-uh, on your knees, bear.”, Joohyun stood up and crossed her arms and smirked at her soon to be wife. 


“But the ring is already on your finger.”, Seulgi pointed at the ring shining on Joohyun’s finger. With that, Joohyun took off her ring and gave it to Seulgi.


“I’m waiting”


“Finee”, Seulgi gave up and with a smile on her face, she got on her knees towards Joohyun.


“Hyun, will you do me the honors of being my lawful wife?”, Seulgi said looking at Joohyun with a smile.


“Mmmm I don’t know. I mean you’re such a messy person to be married to.”, Joohyun said with a serious face. 


“W-what?”


“Socks on the floor, doesn’t off the TV after watching, you don’t make the bed in the morning, “ Joohyun started listing out all her faults.


“H-hyun?”, Seulgi started having second thoughts.
“And would it kill you to do laundry sometimes?”, but she couldn’t stop Joohyun from rambling on. But she knew her wife was up to her jokes again. 


“Argh would you freaking marry me already Hyun?! “, Seulgi finally exclaimed.


“Hahahaha. Yes baby. A hundred million bazillion times yes.,”, Joohyun sealed it with a kiss. 


X


Seulgi woke up groaning, stretching her body but stopped when she felt the empty space next to her.


“Hyun?”, she called out. But she heard no answer. She reached out for phone to check the time, and was surprised to see that it was already 11am. She saw a heart shaped sticky note on the night stand and read it. “Good morning bear. Breakfast is in the oven. Sorry not sorry that I broke you yesterday. Love, finally your wife”


She chuckled at Joohyun’s note. And boy was she right. Joohyun really did broke her after last night’s “celebration”. For a kindergarten teacher, she’s truly wild in bed. She gave a final stretch and started cleaning herself up. By the time she was done, it was already 11.45am.


“Hmm. Might as well have lunch with my wife.”, she said to herself. She took her set of keys and made her way to her Hyun’s school.


X


When she arrived, she saw that the class was having their playtime outside. Kids running around in circles. Some of them were in the sand pit making whatever castle they imagined. And some were on the play ground. She opened her car door and made her way to the entrance.


“AH. IT’S MR BEAR!”, a kid suddenly shouted after seeing Seulgi with her dashing looks in a white shirt and jeans. And suddenly most of the kids started running towards Seulgi.
She knew about the commotion that would occur whenever she comes for a visit. The kids called her Mr Bear because once, she had to stand in as a mascot for a sports event. And the kids seemed to love her then. She came by for a few short visits as in a bear costume during the times she courted Joohyun. She knew the only way to get to her was to get through the children. And that was one of the reasons Joohyun fell in love with Seulgi.


“Hey everyone!”, Seulgi shouted.


“Mr Bear Mr Bear!”
“Give me a piggy back!”
“Play sand with me!”
“Where’s your suit, Mr Bear?”


The children kept asking questions while surrounding Seulgi. 
“Hahahaha. I’m here for Ms Irene kids. I’ll play with you later okay?”, she says while ruffling some kids hair.


“Awws” and “boos” were heard all around. And with that, the kids dispersed and played on their own.


She chuckled to herself. She loves her visits to the sch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter