Witch Hunt

Witch Hunt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 


 

"WHO ON earth is this insensitive frick?"

 

Trying her hardest to stand up, Minjoo grabbed a hold of the doorknob just to push herself up. She angrily faced the mirror.

 

Seeing her face didn't help her mood at all. She immediately wiped away puke from her face and gargled. She didn't dare to face it again and went out after flushing the toilet.

 

The doorbell rang again. It's why she is annoyed though it's not the main reason for her temper. It has been ringing for a good 20 minutes now. She thought that the visitor would just grow tired and leave but the consistency is draining the little to nothing patience that she has left.

 

Minjoo didn't even bother to fix how she looks. She doesn't care anymore. She doesn't care if her clothes are dirty or if her hair is messy. She would just drive away the visitor anyway.

 

But the said person isn't just another visitor.

 

The girl's eyebrows creased even deeper when she saw who was standing in front of her door. She looked closely and saw the "I" symbol tattooed on the neck of the visitor and her lips formed a smirk.

 

It seems like the girl who is waiting for her to open the door is already aware that she's looking at her with the way she gives a smirk full of confidence.

 

Minjoo just shook her head and opened the door. The visitor's face immediately brightened but before she could even greet her, Minjoo crossed her arms and sternly said, "Leave."

 

The visitor looked rather confused but she just smiled and made her way inside. "It's nice to see you again too, Professor."

 

The owner of the house doesn't seem pleased but she just let the visitor in anyway. "I am telling you to leave but why are you taking off your shoes?"

 

"Wow~ Your place is really messy."

 

Before Minjoo knows it, the visitor has fully made her way to her living room, tiptoeing because of the mess all over the floor.

 

"I think you forgot the word clean." The visitor slyly commented. "I will be having some hot coffee latte, please? The weather is a bit chilly."

 

"This isn't a cafe." Minjoo rolled her eyes as she watched how her visitor roamed around.

 

"I know, but it is also a good manner to offer your visitors some drinks, right?" The taller lady turned to her and smiled. "Didn't you miss me?"

 

Minjoo scoffed. "Still full of yourself, huh, Ahn Yujin?"

 

The visitor smiled. This time, the faint light hit her face perfectly and her deep dimples were seen. "Of course, you created me this way, didn't you, Witch?"

 

Minjoo felt the need to go to the restroom and puke but she tried her hardest to stay and control herself. Again, she forced another smile. “Do you also consider me as a witch now, Yujin?”

 

The girl called Yujin just shrugged her shoulders. She opened the window to let the light in. Minjoo immediately covered her eyes. “Close the frickin’ window.”

 

“Are you literally living the life of a witch now? You don’t even want sunlight.” Yujin commented as she even slid the huge window open to let some fresh air in. “It’s not like you did some crime to hide yourself like this. You were just--”

 

“Everyone is so ready to kill me, Yujin.” Minjoo seriously stated which silenced the visitor. “You won’t understand it because you never woke up with a bunch of people ready to lynch you.”

 

The visitor wasn’t able to answer for a while. She just kept on picking the trash that’s scattered all over the floor. Minjoo just watched her and later on decided to make her the drink that she’s been requesting.

 

Her heart was probably moved.

 

Yujin isn’t the type who would pick trash up and organize someone else’s messy room. She isn’t like that. Minjoo knows it well. She didn’t create her that way.

 

“Here.” Minjoo placed the latte on top of the living room table. “Drink it up and just go back to where you belong. We don’t really have anything to talk about.”

 

“Thanks, Professor.” Yujin then sat at the sofa and pulled the drink closer to her. “But if you remember, you promised me a new page. Don’t tell me that you already forgot that promise.”

 

“Come on…” Minjoo dropped herself on the other end of the sofa. “I can’t believe you are this insensitive. You are fully aware of what happened but here you are asking for a new page.”

 

“I never asked for it. You promised me that one and I am just reminding you about it.” The visitor took a sip of the coffee, looking very pleased since it has been a long time since she had the coffee served by her creator.

 

“Are you sure…?” Yujin carefully started. “Are you sure you won’t be making new pages from now on?”

 

Minjoo, who was staring blankly at the open window that time, took a deep breath. Yujin isn’t the type to hesitate with her words but she noticed how careful she was when she asked that question--a proof that she didn’t just come to clamour for a new page. She’s sincerely concerned about her.

 

“I don’t care if you say I am insensitive, you know well that I am originally like this. But being the,” Yujin cleared , the side of her lips curving up. “Being the most successful and most popular among your creations, I think it is a waste if you will just accept the name they gave you.”

 

“You just called me like that earlier.” Minjoo scoffed. “Witch--”

 

Minjoo was surprised when a song started playing. She looked at Yujin who was actually looking at her with that mischievous expression on her face. Minjoo knows that song really well. She has memorized the lyrics, even the rap part, an hour after the song was released. That’s how she likes that song. Yujin would never know how much she played that song even to her sleep.

 

WITCH HUNT - GOOD GIRL

 

“You know this song?” Yujin asked, something that Minjoo wanted to laugh at. “This song is currently popular, you know?”

 

“Witch Hunt?”

 

“Exactly. Knowing you, I believe you have already internalized this song. They have been hunting fairies, categorizing them as witches then this song came out.”

 

A faint smile was seen on Minjoo’s face. “I’m no witch.” she uttered under her breath. It’s the main line of the song. The very message that she wanted to tell everyone but couldn’t knowing that no one would believe her.

 

“Professor...” Yujin called out in a longing voice, making Minjoo jerk. “You look really awful right now. Want to go get some bath? I’ll help you out.”

 

 

“AHH~ This is refreshing~”

 

Yujin just smiled at that comment. With her body submerged in the bubbly bath that Yujin prepared, Minjoo is enjoying the shampoo and massage service that her visitor is giving her.

 

“I can’t believe that I would be able to experience this ever again. And to have the great Ahn Yujin do this for me, I don’t know but I am just so happy.”

 

“Silly.” Yujin smiled. “You looked like you haven’t taken a bath for days. The others will worry about you if you continue living in the dark like this.”

 

“The others?” Minjoo wondered. “I wonder if they will worry about me though. Is there even a creation that gets worried about their creator?”

 

“Of course, especially those two. They are worried because you are experiencing all of this because of their actions.”

 

There was a short reign of silence as Minjoo took time to answer. The thought of those two kids filled her mind. “I am responsible for their actions anyway. I designed them to be like that. I have given permission to every action. It’s just right that I get all the hate.”

 

The visitor let out a deep, deep sigh. She then took the shower head and quietly rinsed Minjoo’s hair. After making sure that there's no shampoo residue, she went on and applied a conditioner on the other girl’s hair.

 

“Ahn Yujin.”

 

“Hm?” Minjoo’s brows rose. “Why are you suddenly calling your own name?”

 

“My own name, huh?” Sarcasm can be traced to Yujin's tone. “Can I really call it as my name?”

 

Minjoo opened her eyes. “Does it bother you? You won’t be popular if you don’t use that name.”

 

“Now that really crushed my self-confidence, you know?”

 

Minjoo then turned to her visitor and saw how her eyes looked troubled. She wanted to reach for her and hold her face but she’s worried that she might get carried away. Also, she wouldn’t like this Yujin to scold her for touching her with those wet hands.

 

“Is there even something that would crush your self-confidence?” Minjoo asked with a smile to somehow lighten the mood up.

 

“There is…” Minjoo was surprised when the first one who reached out was Yujin. The other girl gently caressed her face, giving her troubled heart some warmth of assurance. “The fact that I am nothing but a clone.”

 

“Yujin…”

 

“Can you stop calling me with that name? At least you… You call me with some other name. Call me One if you want since I am the first born. I don’t want to be called with that name anymore.”

 

Minjoo could feel how much the other girl dislikes the name that she has given her. It wasn’t her initial reaction to that name. For her, that name is like a huge gift. If she could only make a banner about her name then she would not think twice about it. She wears her name as if it is her crown. But now…

 

“Yuj--”

 

“I just don’t like what is happening now.” The visitor growled. “At one moment they called you a god and now they call you a witch and curse you as if they know anything about you. You were just trying to make pages…”

 

“Come on.. This isn’t like you…”

 

As if getting embarrassed by her sudden outburst, Yujin made Minjoo turn around by force and started rinsing her hair. “You don’t deserve this… Let’s just say that you did make a mistake but you don’t deserve to be shamed and be treated like this.”

 

Minjoo just laughed. “Can we just stop talking about that incident? That’s making me puke everytime I think about it.”

 

“I won’t stop. I will let you know what I think until you agree to me!”

 

“Well… This is the you that I know.”

 

“So, give me a new name! I don’t like this name anymore… I don’t want to be that person anymore… I already have her face… Give me another name.”

 

The girl at the tub could only sigh. “I can’t.”

 

“But why?” Yujin whined. “I know you can do it! You’re the one who created me.”

 

“Yujin… You’re a closed book.”

 

“But you promised me a new page!”

 

“Still you are a closed book. I can’t have your name changed in the new page.” Minjoo turned to Yujin once again. The other girl’s shoulders dropped, something that Minjoo was never used to.

 

“I designed you after her. Everything that happened to you, I have her picture in my mind when I let all of it take place. I might’ve given you a different personality but in the end you know that the reason I created you is to--”

 

“Bring your lover back to life.”

 

Minjoo was silenced. She remained looking at that frustrated face of her creation… the face of the person she loves.

 

“You can’t move on from her that’s why you started cloning her. You even cloned yourself and started making pages for the pairs. You give them wonderful stories that you weren’t able to have with your lover. You made a world just for each one of us to live and experience a lot of things.”

 

Yujin put down the shower head and properly faced Minjoo. “If you’re going to stop making new pages then at the very least change my name!”

 

“Yujin…” Minjoo called. “I made a mistake and you aren’t part of that so you don’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter