CHAPTER 8 - ANSWER

AMOR FATI

          It has been a few days since Jessica run away and that was the last time, she’d been behaving well in the hospital, playing with Soojung when the younger Jung visits and would check Eunha’s daily report from the company. Taeyeon and Sinb would spend talking and eating with them on breaks and visits the CEO during rest day. They’re still waiting for the donor from another hospital to confirm, the family is having debate in donating it to the CEO.

          “Bored?” Taeyeon ask as she enters Jessica’s room with ice cream.

          “Here to visit me again? Don’t you get bored seeing me as your patient when on shift and visiting me on your day off? ‘cause I am.” Jessica sarcastically rolled her eyes which Taeyeon is used to already.

          “That’s too bad, I heard you can go out today.” Taeyeon sighs and about to leave.

          “What?” Jessica raised her brows.

          “Since your heart donor is still arguing from the other hospital, Doc says you can leave just for a day but you have to comeback before sunset or after that maybe?” Taeyeon shrugged and was about to set her foot out of the room.

          “Really? I can?” Jessica’s eyes lit up. She’s now standing behind Taeyeon, grabbing her shirt from behind.

          “I guess I can’t be trusted now, huh?” Taeyeon clench to her heart.

          “I’m hurt.” Taeyeon added.

          “Tch~ quit your drama Doc, so glad you didn’t become an actress I would watched a lame one.” Jessica rolled her eyes again playfully.

          “Yah! You’re hurting my feelings.” Taeyeon turns to face her.

          “You should have told me I could have a parole so I could plan ahead my vacation.” Jessica groaned, she’s been calling hospital her prison now, bodyguard watching the floor and one standing outside her room.

          “Well, Soojung and Eunha is busy who would you plan to go with?” Taeyeon roll her eyes this time.

          “Ah! So that’s why you had a day off today so you can spend it with me.” Jessica smirks at her Doctor.

          “Why would I spend a day with you? Am I your secretary? A bodyguard?” Taeyeon stutters.

          “Ey, because you like me.” Jessica smirks and burst into laughter noticing how Taeyeon’s eyes turns tomato red.

          =FLASHBACK TWO DAYS AGO=

          “How come you’re the one who always find me whenever I ran away? Tch! It’s not getting excited.” Jessica stomp her feet while Taeyeon tailing from behind with arms crossed in her chest. Jessica did not run away though she just wanted some fresh air in the rooftop that made the whole security team search the whole building. Since the rooftop is off-limits no one thought she’d be there but of course, it’s Jessica Jung and being sneaky is one of her titled now.

          “Just go back to your room, if you want to have some fresh air you could have at least alert anyone so we’ll know you’re safe.” Taeyeon stop when Jessica stop in front of her.

          “How can I tell anyone when no one’s around?” Jessica scoffs.

          “We live in the modern world Miss Jung, Does a text message rings a bell?” Taeyeon roll her eyes.

          “Yah! I’m still your patient and you’re my Doctor you dare roll your eyes.” Jessica glare at her Doctor.

          “Well, if you’re a patient then act like one.” Taeyeon smiles, the forced smile since there are other patient as they passed by hallway.

          “Midget” Jessica rolled her eyes again and started to walk, unfortunately for her she didn’t notice the sign “Wet Floor, be careful.” She stumble upon the sign board on the floor and as she did, taking the unaware doctor with her as they both fall down on the ground in an awkward position. Both staring at each other’s eyes, wide in shock feeling each other’s lips and their hot breathe.

          “Yah! ByunTaeyeon!” Jessica’s scream can be held all over the building as she push the Doctor away from her.

          “What? How did I? yah! You’re the one who drag me, why would I be the byuntae?” Taeyeon yelled back. Both are bickering, sitting on the floor.

          “What?” Jessica ask in disbelief.

          “What What? Who knows you did it on purpose so we’ll both fell.” Taeyeon reasoned. People are staring at both of them blaming who’s at fault.   

          “What happened here?” Eunha was panting from running as soon as she heard the scream.

          “Yah Eunha yaaa! I want to file a case against this ByunTayeon!” Jessica yelled.

          “What? I should be the one filing a case on you, you’ve hurt a Doctor.” Taeyeon fights back.

          “I’m a patient with an almost cancer and you you- touched me! That’s against the law!” Jessica yelled again.

          “Sin b ah~ Tell the head surgeon we’ll withdraw from this crazy patient” Taeyeon retorted.

          “Eunha! Call Lawyer Jang!” Jessica yelled. Eunha and Sinb just sighs at the sight and headed to Jessica’s ward.

          “Yah! I’m the patient, I should go in first!” Jessica started again as they both entered the room and get stuck.

          “I’m a Doctor.” Taeyeon reasoned.

          “And you’ll be treating me so I go first.” Jessica scoffs.

          “And here they go again.” Eunha sighs and hit her forehead.

          “Yah! Move!” Soojung said from behind them and open the door wider before entering the room.

          “All you need to do is open the door so both of you can get in.” Soojung sighs.

          “I don’t know what in the world is happening why are you both always bickering?” Soojung added as she sat on the couch.    

          “It’s ByunTaeyeon’s fault.” Jessica rolled her eyes and lay down in her bed.

          “Tch! You spoiled brat!” Taeyeon fights back as she work on putting the IV on Jessica.

          “Sinb-ah~ this midget ByunTaeyeon will kill me, can you do this please?” Jessica pouted and puppy eyed at Sinb but soon glares at Taeyeon. Sinb sighs and took the IV from Taeyeon and attached it to Jessica’s arm. Starting that day, Jessica had her own security guarding her room and the whole floor just in case.

 

=BACK TO THE PRESENT=

          “Wow? You got the guts to tell me I like you when you’re the one who fell over first waiting for me to catch you like a prince charming.” Taeyeon scoffs.

          “Yes! I’m waiting for a prince charming not a Midget ByunTaeyeon!” Jessica glared at her and if only looks can send dagger both are bruised or maybe dead already.

          “So, where do you plan on taking me Midget?” Jessica ask as they both get in Taeyeon’s car.

          “I don’t know.” Taeyeon starts the engine.

          “Yah! Don’t tell me you’re going to kidnap me!” Jessica raised her voice.

          “Don’t worry I won’t! Just keep quiet!” Taeyeon also raised her voice.

          “Midget!” Jessica rolled her eyes as she put the seatbelt on.

 

 

          “Really? A gallery?” Jessica raise her brow when they both entered a house full of painting.

          “What? Aren’t you an artist? It helps clears on mind.” Taeyeon stated as she stares in the painting in front of her.

          “I like painting and bought some but they’re just for displays, I don’t really have an interest.” Jessica replied in an uninteresting tone and just looks around.

          “We’re finish here, what’s next stop?” Jessica turn but she faces Taeyeon’s face inches away from her. Taeyeon then touches Jessica’s face with both of her hand, the touch send shivers in Jessica’s spine electrocuting her.

                    “You should try and focus.” Taeyeon then turn Jessica’s head right side to stare at the painting, standing behind her. Jessica’s face turns to tomato this time and heart beat racing.

                    “Next one.” Taeyeon’s still holding Jessica’s face but from behind so she’s touching mostly Jessica’s ears as they stare at the painting one by one. Unaware that both of their heart are beating in sync.

 

 

                    “Wow! I finally get to eat some decent food.” Jessica exclaimed excitedly waiting for their order in a restaurant.

                    “Yah, hospital food may not taste that good but it’s healthy.” Taeyeon stated.

                    “How come a tasteless food be healthy? If you want your patient to eat well, you should provide delicious food and deserts too.” Jessica debated.

                    “So what? Delicious food are unhealthy what’s the point of being in the hospital when you’re not eating the right food? They should have gone to a restaurant not the hospital.” Taeyeon retorted.

                    “Tch! Whatever!” Jessica rolled her eyes.

 

                    “Wow! A nice refreshing air!” Jessica open her arms wide as she take in the air from the sea. Jessica decided to rent a yacht and sail the Han River for the night.

                    “And the city lights glimmering around, nice idea.” Taeyeon nodded her head.

                    “Of course! I’m a masterpiece.” Jessica smirks. A ring in Taeyeon’s phone left Jessica along in the upper part of the Yacht, as the wind getting is getting cold Jessica decided to went to the hall. The yacht is not just an ordinary Yacht, it consist of the upper deck where you can inhale the fresh air, second deck is room deck, approximately 20 rooms with each bathroom and on the lowest part of the deck which is submerge under water the hall and dining area, the upper deck had a dining area also so only few are using the underwater hall.

                    Jessica headed straight below and at the end front part of the hall stand a grand piano, she remembers Taeyeon playing before and singing. Remembering the same chords, she started playing but sang different lyrics.

~ I feel you reaching out

Like a beating in my heart

I hear you call to me

In my dreams you call my name

 

Each time I close my eyes

A little more closer, I feel you

I feel your warmth embrace

(Taeyeon heard the familiar melody but different lyrics

She followed the music and saw Jessica behind the piano

Her voice so sweet)

 

I’ll stay with you, baby I’ll stay with you

I can feel your heart with me

 

I’ll stay with you, baby I’ll stay with you

(The binds that covers the view of the underwater was lifted

Lights was outside

The deep colored water came into view as the lights in the room faded

Some fish are swimming around the crystal wall)

I can clearly hear your love

Even you’re far away

 

I’ve felt it my heart

Your earnest prayer

I have heard

 

Your prayer, baby you’ve pray

I held out to reach and feel your heart

I’ll stay with you, baby I’ll stay with you

This is my answer to your prayer~

 

            A slow clap merge at the other end of the room, it’s just the two of them in that space with the deep blue colored water surrounding the room outside. Their eyes met, no words no expression, just the two of them staring into each other’s galaxies, as the world continue to spin not daring to slow down nor stop it keeps spinning and time runs fast when they’re together.

 


AN: It's been a long time, how is it? hope you enjoy the story so far guys. I've been busy these days so I haven't got time writing. Be back soon. :)