BENEATH THE STARS; ABOVE THE CITY LIGHTS

AMOR FATI

          It’s almost a week since Jessica had been in the hospital but her blood counts keeps on dropping which is also one of the reason why the attending physician advise her to stay until she’s clear of danger.

          Eunha was furious, Jessica keeps insisting on bringing to her ward the documents needed for her new launch design which Eunha would sometimes make the CEO take a peek and the hospital ward had been her office for the past few days keeping an eye for the CEO.

          “Seriously Eunha it won’t work just by looking at those designs.” Jessica sighs for the hundredth time at her secretary, it’s not that she can’t approach her smol friend but every time she does they end up running around the ward and that one time the CEO end up chasing her smol secretary through all the floor which the security scolded them from and another scold from Taeyeon and Sinb to the CEO. The conversation on that first day were never brought up again, Taeyeon had been very busy since there was a bus accident the day after Jessica was brought to the hospital and a fire broke out in the nearest construction field which made their ER full of patients.

          “It’s doing great. I can do this you know? Just trust me.” Eunha refutes.

          “You also know that I even trust you with my life.” Jessica scowl.

          “I see you never give up easily.” It was Taeyeon who entered the room.

          “If I quit easily I wouldn’t be a CEO right now.” Jessica retorted as she falls back on her bed knowing she’ll never win against these two. Taeyeon and Eunha just look at each other and shrugged.

          “Just a peek, that’s all I want! You won’t let me answer a call nor watch a news or whatsoever this is making me stressful than ever.” Jessica groans.

          “Fine. Just a peek.” Taeyeon nodded her head, Eunha then sighs and sat beside the CEO and updates her with everything that has been going on. Everything is doing great.

          “Wow, everything looks perfect. You’re a better CEO than I am.” Jessica commented which earned a glare from her smol secretary.

          “This is tiring you know? I’d like to go back to being seated outside your office so just get up already.” Eunha took the tabloid away from the CEO.

          “Well I~” The CEO couldn’t continue her words when the monitors beeps rapidly beside her.

          “She’s having a seizure.” Taeyeon hurriedly took the pillow behind the CEO’s head and checks her pulse.

          “No pulse. (Shouts over radio pager) Code Blue!” Taeyeon then proceed on doing the CPR. Nurses rushes to the room with Sinb. Eunha was just staring there, blankly and not knowing what to do as Taeyeon keeps on compressing on Jessica’s heart. Other tools was brought by nurse just in case they’ll be needing it. The instructions are inaudible, Taeyeon yelling at the nurses what to do as they tries to revive her non beating heart. It was a fine moment a while ago but in a blink of an eye she’s fighting for her life.

          “What is going on?” There’s a thud on the floor, Eunha turn her gaze to the door and saw the younger Jung, her bag, flowers and take-out food that supposedly to spoil the CEO.

          “Soojung” Eunha and Taeyeon both said in shock, Taeyeon keeps on compressing on the CEO’s lifeless body. Now it makes sense, J and K, Jessica’s Krystal long lost sister or the other way around.

          *beep beep*

          The monitor shows a spike in Jessica’s heartbeat, her heart came back. Eunha approach the younger Jung and hugged her in tears, never did she ever thought that it be this serious. Eunha and Jessica told her she’s been staying in the hospital because of stress but can stress cause one’s heart to stop?

=FLASHBACK=

        TV anchor: “news flash, just a while ago there was an accident that occurred not far from the famous luxury hotel here in Seoul and the victims are the famous couple Mr. Jung and Ms. Nam of Blanc Industry which is the biggest fashion line in the country. Sad to say but both of them passed away as they arrived in the hospital and it seems that Mr. Jung had an attack while driving the car taking with him his wife. News flash today.”

          The TV turned off, no tears escaped the younger Jung’s eyes as much as she want to but no words nor pain can explain how it hurts. Jessica on the other hand, as the older sister was on the hospital upon hearing the news, she processed everything taking it all in bravely without anyone knowing how hard can it be for a teenage girl to lose both parents and now she has a company to take care, but since she’s still not legible to inherit the company yet, her uncle took the position and would hand it over when she’s of age.

          Weeks passed by, the burial happened and everyone was there, all their family, their parent’s colleague and other famous people that had been associated with their parents. Both of them knew that their father is sick and anytime he could die but they didn’t expect he’ll take their mother away from them too.

          Jessica had been busy preparing everything, for the burial that left the younger Jung unattended. Week after the burial, Krystal decided then to leave everything even if that means leaving her only sister. She had been experiencing the same symptoms like her father and afraid that she’ll lost her life and leaving her sister for another mourning. Though young, their parents gave each of them card on their own that could basically fend for their need for years and having that in mind, Krystal withdraw all the money to avoid being traced if ever she’d use the card and picked up the map given to her by her father. Their father loved to travel around the globe, as one of the present for Krystal’s birthday was a map. So she could mark the country that she would visit and cross them out once she did.

          Taking a dice out of her pocket, she tossed it in the air and it landed on Boston, Massachusetts. Packing her belongings, she headed to Boston all alone not knowing what awaits her nor what challenges she may face. And that’s how she meet Taeyeon, finished her school and travelled a lot.

 

=BACK TO PRESENT=

        A steady beeping in the monitor indicated that the CEO is sleeping peacefully, an hour ago Taeyeon explained everything to Krystal about her sister’s illness and what needed to be done since it is getting worse as days goes by.

          Krystal and Eunha are sitting by the CEO’s bedside waiting for her to wake up, they’ve been waiting for a couple of hours already. Taeyeon and Sin run some lab test and her red blood cells are dropping compare to the last check up, Jessica’s as pale as she sleep. Krystal couldn’t help but blame herself seeing her sister like this. So stress every day since she had to look out for the company and study and looking for her as well. If only she had known, she would have stayed and take care of her sister.

          “It’s alright, I’m sure the hospital will be able to find a suitable donor for Jessica.” Eunha smiles, hoping to reassure the younger Jung.

          “We both know the rarity of finding a heart donor Unnie, I just can’t forgive myself if anything happens.” Krystal, holding her tears.

          “Hey come on! Where’s the spirit of the Jung in you? Did it get influenced by Doctor Kim?” Eunha joked, both know she was just trying to light the mood.

          “Why won’t you tell me how you both met?” Eunha scooted closer to Krystal and the younger Jung tell her tale.

         

          It’s late in the evening, since Jessica shows no sign of waking up Krystal and Eunha decided to catch some sleep in the foldable couch meters away from the CEO’s bed.

 

 

          The beeping of the machine was all the CEO could hear as soon as she recover her senses, the room lit so dim that she could barely see. Noticing IV attached in her arm and her head spinning, it must be another attack and she passed out. Taking her IV with a roller stand she gets up and headed to where Eunha is, surprise that Soojung is there with her. They look cute sleeping together like that which made her smile knowing if ever she’ll be gone she know Soojung is well taken care of.

          After leaving a kiss in Soojung’s forehead she went for a walk around the hospital and as usual she ended up in the rooftop. She always liked the view of the city since the hospital is 18th floor, she loved the city lights flashes beneath her and the stars twinkling above her.

          Will she be able to survive? Will they be able to find a donor as they expect? Or will her successful and fame life will end here, such a young age. Jessica sighs in her thought. Who would have thought she’d got the same disease which is the very reason why she lost her parents and lost Soojung on the process, yes she heard the conversation earlier. She doesn’t have the courage to face them, Soojung, Eunha even Taeyeon and Sin b who helped her along with her temper and being sick.

          “At least if you want to stay outside bring a jacket?” A voice behind her breaks her train of thought.

          “I’m not cold.” Jessica replied not looking back since she knew the voice well.

          “You look cold.” It was Taeyeon of course, as she approach the CEO, she puts a jacket behind her and stood beside her. She’s not wearing her Doctor uniform but instead a civilian which is a white shirt inside her overall brown coat, short and knee long boots and a baseball cap

          “Are you having a concert?” Jessica smiles as she notices Taeyeon’s suit.

          “I know my fashion sense is not that good from the famous fashion icon but it’s just I didn’t have the luxury to change earlier.” Taeyeon shrugged.

          “Nah, still cool though. Just not fitted to be here in the hospital, what are you doing her anyway?” Jessica brushed the thought that Taeyeon’s cute.

          “Just visiting a friend, I’ve heard that she didn’t wake up earlier which is weird because the Doctor didn’t give her any medicine that can make her sleep that long. So, I came by with the thought I’ll catch her gazing the stars nor the city lights.” Taeyeon shrugged.

          “Wow, isn’t she a pain in the ?” Jessica nodded her head playing along.

          “You don’t have an idea how she can be. She would always complain she wants to visit her company to look at her things and how horrible the hospital food is though I agree to that and how she always run inside the hospital chasing her friend and end up causing trouble. She’s a headache.” Taeyeon smirks.

          “Really?” Jessica raised her brows.

          “I didn’t know I’m such that jerk.” Jessica added in a low voice.

          “Huh? You know that was a joke, right? In fact though she is having records of doing firsts in the hospital like firsts marathon, first adult to complain about everything, she is also the first patient to visit the children in the ward to cheer them up, go to the elderly section of the hospital and volunteered to help them. In short she’s an anger who has a bad side as we all have.” Taeyeon smiles as she recall those time, Jessica on the other hand was shocked, she went to the pediatric ward, to the children and to the elderly section along to cheer them at least not knowing Taeyeon to know.

          “Eh, don’t give me the look like I’ve been stalking you, anyone in the hospital knows you or at least the staff, Doctors and Nurses do and would talk about you in the hallway.” Taeyeon stated which made Jessica sigh.

          “Guess I can’t help it to be famous.” Jessica smirks.

          “Yes you are.” Taeyeon said with a laugh.

The night was filled with jokes, since it’s getting late Taeyeon decided to walk her back to her room before leaving for the night since tomorrow is work day.

 

A//N: An update, yey! Lol! I know it took me a while to update, but thank you for waiting, for reading and for subscribing guys, J I don’t know if this chapter is good enough (I really hope it is) but I’ll be back the sooner I can, so stay safe, stay pretty and handsome to all of you and Fighting!  J

P.S. I haven’t edited this chapter since I want to update already so, may you forgive me for the errors and such. Ciao~ J