THE PRAYER

AMOR FATI

 

“The sun is visible only daytime they thought but there is something brighter than that when the night comes; your eyes, which behold galaxies and stars.”

 

          A welcoming banner was hanging by the gate when Jessica and Eunha arrive at the location, exiting the car and headed to the ribbon standing Taeyeon, Sooyoung, Tiffany and Sinb. Jessica look at her secretary and smiles noticing her so calm.

          “Hey cousin, thanks for coming on such short notice.” Sooyoung hugs the CEO which the CEO welcomed with open arms, Tiffany did the same while Taeyeon and Sinb just nodded at her. Eunha on the other hand, bowed at Sooyoung and shook hands with Tiffany while smiling at Taeyeon and ignoring the younger Doctor.     

          “Would you like to give a message?” Sooyoung motions Jessica to the microphone.

          “Nah! I’m good, you do it.” Jessica smiles at her cousin. The cancer patients are already in front of the building along with the nurses to open the new part of the building. Sooyoung delivered a motivational speech not that long, as they stand side by side starting from Tiffany, Sooyoung, Eunha, Jessica, Taeyeon and Sinb holding the scissors.

          “In three, two, one.” Sooyoung counted and they all cut the ribbon, claps can be heard from the people facing them and cheering.

          “Come on in then, there are food waiting inside.” Jessica motions for the patients and other staff to come inside the building.

          The lunch ended peacefully and successfully, Jessica noticed that Sinb had been trying to approach her secretary which she keeps by her side, close.

          “Taeyeon-shii~ why don’t you play some music for us?” Tiffany took Taeyeon’s arms as she link it with her and drag the Doctor to the grand piano. Taeyeon on the other hand having no choice played anyways.

~ I don’t think it can reach

 

Sinb keep staring at Eunha, how the secretary keeps clinging to the CEO closely.

 

Like words that I spit out to myself

I don’t think you can hear it

 

Flashes of memories came to her mind from that incident on the mall with Yerin.

 

Even if I call out with sound; like a dream

If I close my eyes

 

Is Eunha ignoring her? Why? She clearly ignored the young Doctor earlier

 

I feel I can catch it if I ring my two hands together

Only your appearance

 

Sinb’s lips would curve a smile every time Eunha would laugh, every time she would pout at her boss.

Stay with me, baby now stay with me

So you can feel all of this heart

Stay with me, baby now stay with me

Someday, I hope you’ll be able to hear it

My Prayer

 

A step and two, she wants to approach the small bean but her steps would stops at two.

Can’t it be deliver?

My earnest prayer

Can you hear it?

 

Will she even talk to the young Doctor if she would approach her? Or will she really ignore her?

 

Pray now, baby I pray now

I gather my two hands, filled with my heart oh-

Stay in me, baby now stay in me

One day you’ll know my heart~

 

The gentle melody touches patients, staff, directors and Jessica of course. She can’t forget that lovely, powerful voice when she first heard it back then.

          “Kim Taeyeon have a lovely voice, right?” Eunha pouted, almost jealous.

          “Yeah, you have a nice voice also Eunha remember?” Jessica furrows her brows remembering that one time Eunha sang during their college days that made her tears fell down.

          “I don’t even remember it.” Eunha blushes at the thought, a lot of men likes her voice and her for that matter back then, her cute and innocent personality.

          “Eyyyy~ Come in~ lots of men we’re asking you out starting from that day and that was also the day you met your lovely the one back then.” Jessica smirks at Eunha.

          “Miss Jung! ~” Eunha whines.

           “Aigoo, I remember everything so clearly you know?” Jessica keeps on teasing the latter.

          “Gee! I sometimes wish you’ll forget some things.” Eunha sighs.

          “Well, keep wishing because I don’t.” Jessica meronged at her Secretary.

          “By the way, I’m going to leave you here for a moment. Got to go to the rest room, talk to anyone or maybe to a particular someone.” Jessica smirks which made Eunha sighs before heading to the other part of the building where the rest room is.

          Noticing a familiar figure ahead of her, Jessica skips a step to catch up.

          “I’m really having second thoughts is you’re really a Doctor or a singer.” Jessica stated as she walk beside the Doctor.

          “Huh? I’m not that good though.” Taeyeon shyly scratch the back of her head.

          “Eh? If not good sounds like you, how about us talentless then?” Jessica pouts, the CEO couldn’t put it to words but she’s comfortable around Taeyeon.

          “I- mean- I didn’t mean it like that-“Taeyeon stutter looking for an appropriate word.

          “I’m just kidding, there’s no need for you to explain everything Doctor – no – jam at all.” Jessica smiles before sticking her tongue out teasing the Doctor which made the latter smiles.         

          “Well, I believe everything deserves an explanation. Miss Jung – the genius.” Taeyeon retorted.

          “But joke doesn’t need one!” Jessica groans.

          “Of course it does. And not everyone understand that a joke is a joke.” Taeyeon reasoned.

          “Of course they do.” – Jessica

          “No, they don’t.” – Taeyeon

          “Taeyeonnieee!~” Tiffany runs towards the two bickering ladies and jump over Taeyeon which made the Doctor out of balance. Almost falling to her knees and dragging the CEO along with her, they are in a difficult position which Jessica is lying in Taeyeon’s arm who is kneeling, their face inches away while Tiffany is on Taeyeon’s back.

          “Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry, I didn’t expect Taeyeon to be so weak and drag you too.” Tiffany helped Taeyeon and Jessica get up.

          “I- it’s okay. I’ll be going first then.” Jessica smiles before hurriedly entering the rest room.

          “Really Fany? We’re no longer kids.” Taeyeon scolded her best friend.

          “I’m sorry, but you we’re never this weak before.” Tiffany smirks.

          “Or are you caught off-guard talking to your crush.” Tiffany added.

          “What? Shut up Fany!~” Taeyeon glared at friend before entering the said rest room with Fany eyeing her and smirking at the same time.

          The three of them went back to their chair as they continue the event, Jessica was talking to Sinb, teasing her secretary mildly.

          “Jessi~ is this yours? I saw it earlier when you fell down.” Tiffany butts in as she handed Jessica a heat pack, it’s not just a regular heat pack. It’s blue in color and Sinb recognizes the heat pack from the hospital because it was only exclusive to them Surgeon.

          “Oh?” Sinb pointed to the heat pack.

          “Why?” Jessica asks.

          “It’s Taeyeon’s” Sinb’s eyes travel to Taeyeon and back to Jessica.

          “Let me see.” Sinb checks the heat pack and saw the initials. K.T.Y, it was barely seen but it is indeed initial for Kim Taeyeon.

          “This is yours?” Jessica directed the question for Taeyeon.

          “But you saw it a while ago and gave it back to me.” Jessica added.

          “It would be coincidence.” Taeyeon avoids the CEO’s gaze.

          “Eh? That’s an exclusive heat pack for us Taeng, they don’t sell this type in the market.” Sinb raised her brow.

          “Maybe.” Taeyeon scratches the back of her head.

          “You can keep it, you always look cold.” Taeyeon added.

          “Cold, you mean I’m feeling cold? Or do I look cold?” Jessica raised her brow. “Huh? I mean you look like you’re always feeling cold, (whispers) though you sleep in the cold.” Taeyeon smiles.

          “What?” Jessica looks at her with her cold expression.

          “I mean-“

          “Nah! Since you said so, I’m going to keep it and take care of this precious gift.” Jessica said with a smile as she stares at the thing.

          The event was going smoothly, the patients are more than happy enough to have a building just to their own to avoid overcrowding and to spend time with their families and friends.

          “We can’t thank you enough for accepting our offer for this project.” Taeyeon stated as they headed to the parking lot, alongside Eunha and Sinb. Sooyoung and Tiffany on the other hand stayed behind to spend more time with the patients and also to give double check everything is in place.

          “And I’m more than happy to help, I just wished I could help more people you know? This is just Seoul, in other cities and province are not lucky enough to have this kind of opportunity.” Jessica replied with a hint of sadness in her voice.

          “At least not everyone, if you really want to help everyone which is close to impossible, we can do it step by step. We are always here to help you do that.” Taeyeon said with a smile as she faces the CEO.

          “Yeah, Taeyeon is right. We’re more than lucky to have one Jessica Jung helping those in need.” Eunha link her arms to her boss, which made the younger Doctor look away.

          “An angel on earth.” Taeyeon said with a smile.

          “Not a fallen one I suppose.” Jessica chuckles.

          “No, a descend angel to help not like Luci~” Taeyeon shook her head with a laugh.

          “Why? Do I have a resemblance to Luci?” Jessica furrows her brows in a jokingly manner.

          “More like Gabriel, a female version.” Sinb butts in.

          “Yeah like that.” Taeyeon chuckles and silently thanks Sinb for saving her from the joke.

          “This is our ride, we’ll be going then.” Jessica stops in front of their car.

          “Travel safe then, see you in your check up.” Taeyeon smiles as she wave at the two retreating figure.

          “See you.” Jessica replied, Eunha smiles at Taeyeon and follows Jessica inside the car, seconds pass and the car revs away.

          “So, what’s with the cold treatment from the Secretary?” Taeyeon sighs, turning to her friend.

          “I don’t know, she just ignored me since she arrive her.” Sinb shrugged.

          “As I have noticed.” Taeyeon pats her friend’s back, almost as if comforting her.       

          “Why are you patting me?” Sinb raised her brow.

          “Well, you look like a puppy being snatched of their toy you know? You’re too obvious.” Taeyeon shook her head.

          “Am I?” Sinb furrows her brow and follows Taeyeon who started to walk.

          “I’ve known you for too long why won’t I notice?” Taeyeon groans.

          “Well, I don’t know. I thought I hide it to well.” Sinb pouts.

          “Well, let me tell you. You at hiding your feelings and your expressions.” Taeyeon stated.        

          “Heol! Look at the person who was gawking at the hmmmmm!” Sinb mumbled the last sentence when Taeyeon covered .

          “Aww!” Taeyeon flinch when the younger Doctor bit her.

          “What are you? A dog?” Taeyeon exclaimed.

          “What am I to you a child?” Sinb retorted.

          “Gesh! Just keep quiet, let’s go home.” Taeyeon then hailed a taxi and headed home, dropping Sinb on the way since they live near each other.

          A few days later, Jessica visited the hospital for some checks up which was quick enough for her and Taeyeon to catch up with each other since Doctor Seo was the one who attended on her. The check-up was quick and the latter was sent home after a couple of hours when the result was out.

          Another week is starting, and as usual Jessica is working minimal while Eunha is watching her closely making sure that the CEO takes her antibiotics IV during break time. Some days, the younger Jung would visit the older one and they would grab lunch or dinner with Eunha talking about life, work and other things.

          Two days left for another check-up and Jessica is working as usual, but today is different. She was working late for the night for wrap up some documents for the fashion brand, Eunha was staying late with her in her desk outside the office which she would call from time to time to check up on her boss. It has been thirty minutes already since she last called her boss but overly worried, she rings the telephone again, Jessica picks up the phone with a sighs.

          “If you’re that worried, can you at least get me some food?” Jessica answered the phone.         

          “You’re hungry again?” Eunha said over the phone.

          “Fine, I’m going to get some food and coffee. Be back.” Eunha added before ending the phone call and headed out for some food, she ordered online to be delivered and wait for it. A couple of minutes passed and Eunha was back in her table, her table phone rings but ended as soon as she reach it. Not minding to call back, she headed to the CEO’s office just to her surprise seeing the CEO passed out in her table. Panicked went all over head and her heart pounding as she approaches the CEO.     

          “Miss Jung?” Eunha shook Jessica’s body but she did not respond, fishing her phone out of her pocket she dialed a number.

          “Help, Miss Jung, She passed out.” She said in between sniffle, trying to stop her tears.

          “Where are you?” – Responder of the call.     

          “In her office, please hurry.” Eunha then end the call. Slowly, she put the CEO’s arms over her shoulder and walk to the couch and made the CEO lay there.

          Half an hour later, footsteps can be heard outside the office since it was half open and revealed the young Doctor.

          “Sinb-ah~” Eunha called, Sinb hurried to her side and checks the CEO pulse. There was another figure who arrive in the room.

          “How’s her pulse?” It was Taeyeon who was panting hurriedly knees beside the couch.

          “It’s not good, we have to bring her to the hospital.” Sinb stated and with that said, Taeyeon took Jessica and carried her in a bridal style, as they exited the building, Sinb opens the emergency bag revealing a small oxygen tank. As they waited for the elevator, Sinb puts the oxygen to the CEO.

          Reaching the parking lot, Taeyeon’s car is still running. Eunha opens the passenger seat to let the two Doctor in before settling on the driver’s seat.

          “I’ll drive.” Eunha then changes the gear, no more questions or approval, the car steered heading to the hospital.

 

 

          The sound of beeping monitors welcomed Eunha as she enters the CEO’s private ward.

          “We need to talk to you, we can wait ‘til she wakes up but we want to tell you ahead of time.” Taeyeon motions for Eunha to sit in the chair beside the CEO.

          “Why? I mean what is it?” Eunha asks, sitting down as she looks up to Taeyeon and Sinb.         

          “Jessica’s condition was good, for now. The antibiotics have help her but since she’s still working and getting stressed every day, it might have affected her blood.” Taeyeon started to explain but soon pauses when she notice Eunha was shaking.

          “Go on.” Eunha swallowed back her tears.

          “Her red blood cells count are very few, she have anemia that’s why she passed out. If not treated well, she’ll have cancer too.” Sinb finished. Eunha can no longer held her tears back, it came falling like rain that night.

          “What- you mean?” Eunha couldn’t finish her sentence, words are lost and tears have found their way. A step and two, Sinb approach Eunha and held her. Eunha hugs the young Doctor’s waist and she let it all out.

          “It’s okay, we’ll figure things out.” Sinb pats her back. Taeyeon on the other hand just stare on the lying figure in front of her.

 

          The nights had passed quickly when the two Doctor left to sleep in their quarters that night, they insist on sleeping at the hospital so Eunha can reach them if there are any changes in the CEO’s vitals.

 

          “Eunha~” A voice woke up the sleeping bunny in her slumber. Yawning and rubbing her eyes, she looks up to see Doctor Hwang checking the IV.

          “You’re sleeping in the chair again.” The Doctor stares at her with worried expressions.

          “Maybe I did.” Eunha replied, staring in her boss lying so pale. How come she didn’t notice how pale her boss became? Maybe because of the make-up. How about how weal her boss act? Did she fake being so energetic and all smile?

          “You should grab some breakfast, I’ll watch her for you.” Sinb offered with a smile, hoping to ease her heart.

          “Thanks.” Eunha said in a weak voice and went out.  Passing through various doors, the patients next to the CEO is a teenager with her parents caressing her hair, the next room was an old lady barely breathing with the help of the oxygen. The last room was loud, wailing, crying. Eunha noticed a flat line on the monitor, must be the reason why. Having second thoughts on leaving the CEO, she turns to go back but Sinb blocked her way.

          “I’ll send you out.” The young Doctor took the mindless Secretary away from the CEO’s room, helping her to get in a taxi and left an address with the money to the driver.

          Crying was all Eunha could do, she wants to be strong but the thought of her boss might develop a cancer is clouding her mind. And with that she fell asleep with tears in her eyes.

 

          Sinb left the room as soon Taeyeon arrived, Taeyeon just sat there beside the CEO, looking helpless. A deep sigh and another, staring into space and in the ceiling.

          “You have to be strong.” Taeyeon chuckles as she Jessica’s hair, tucking some that has covered her face.

          “You’re an angel who’s going to help a lot of people so you have to be strong.”

          “You have to wake up, smile, laugh, walk, travel and be in love.”

          “You have to open your eyes.” Taeyeon took Jessica’s hand and held it, slowly brushing it.

          “You’re my prayer.” Taeyeon let a tear escape but as fast as it fell was as fast did she wipe it.

 

 

 

FLACHBACK TO THEIR FIRST MEETING..

       Taeyeon was shivering from the cold in the rooftop when she notice someone was sleeping in the cold, smiling to herself seeing a beautiful creature under the beautiful night sky and blowing cold wind, as she put her heat pack for the mysterious lady, she thought to herself that she will never forget that face. A peaceful yet sad face that she had sleeping that night.

THE SECOND MEETING…

          Taeyeon with Tiffany and Sooyoung arrived at the café, since all of them are lazy to get their own coffee as usual they would play rock, paper, and scissors. The losing one would be the one to order the coffee. And of course as always Taeyeon would lose but she never backs out from trying, as she headed to the counter while Tiffany and Sooyoung look for a vacant seat. A child pass by her which she almost bump into, as she thanks all the holiness she knew that exist for saving her from the accident, the kid bump into someone an arm length from Taeyeon and to her reflexes she immediately catches the lady about to fall in her arms. To her eyes, she recognizes the young lady, her brown eyes, plum lips and not to mention the curve she’s holding in her arms as of the moment, the smell of her Gucci Flora Gorgeous Gardenia perfume that smells like summer in one place. But the most captivating of it all was her eyes, her eyes that Taeyeon saw was closed the last time we’re beautiful as ever like galaxies exploding in the skies gather in one place. If they we’re not back to reality by the clearing of throat, she could stare and get lost in those eyes forever.

THE THIRD MEETING…

          It was in the seminar, Taeyeon was sitting next to Sinb when the mc of the show introduce a young woman to introduce the speaker.        

          “Jessica Jung” The MC announce. ‘So, Jessica Jung it is.’ Taeyeon thought to herself. After the seminar, as they headed to their room they cross path with the CEO again which Taeyeon was disappointed a bit since the CEO did not even bother to look at her but at least the secretary noticed and remember her.

          It was that night when she was walking by the beach when she notices the CEO again, she was dancing, with a melody from the music, like a beautiful swan in a lake. As she approaches there was a man leaving the pool and the Swan was trying to get something from the water, not hesitating for a moment, Taeyeon runs and jump into the cold water and held the hand that was waiting to be saved, pulling the body closer to her as she surface and swam to the edge. After pumping some air into the CEO’s chest and no respond, she hesitate to blew some air mouth to mouth but knowing the other girl is in danger, her lips meet Jessica which was soft and sweet as she can taste the wine and water included from the pool. She was about to carry the CEO but that’s when a staff interrupted her and carry her instead. And there she was left thinking about that lips, a simple CPR that made her heart skip a beat.

          The night party the next night was Taeyeon could ever ask for, when Siwon introduce her to Jessica, how her hand was soft and her voice sound sweet and angelic.

          That song she sung that night was almost her confession how she feels for an almost stranger yet familiar person.

 

BACK TO THE PRESENT…

       Seeing Jessica the first time in the hospital being carried by Eunha and the driver made her heart skip a beat. Almost a gift to her stepping year but also afraid behind the reason why Jessica was unconscious. And now knowing the reason why, how the latter fights the illness faking okay every day is hurting her too. She wants to confess her heart too, she wants to love and be loved by the person lying in front of her. The reason why she wrote that song ‘Prayer’ during her sleepless night and deep thought about Jessica. It’s shaking her heart, why does feelings complicate such simple things?

          Knocking her back to her senses as she heard the CEO groans, gently letting go of the CEO’s hand and standing up.

          “Hey~” Taeyeon greeted with a smile and a gentle voice.

          “Am I in heaven?” Jessica chuckles, which made Taeyeon’s heart skip a beat or two.   

          “Why? Do I look like an angel to you?” Taeyeon can’t help but smiles. How can this person joke as soon as she wakes up?

          “Almost, a midget angel I may say.” Jessica laughs.

          “That’s not fair, and who knows? Maybe angel are not that tall.” Taeyeon shrugged but still smiles.

          “You must be happy I woke up.” Jessica smiles, not breaking the eye contact.

          “Your smile didn’t fade.” Jessica pointed out, Taeyeon laughs at the statement.

          “Yes, I’m happy you’re awake.” Taeyeon confessed. ‘I’m happy to see those stars in your eyes of galaxy’

          “I’m hell of a lucky patient to have a Doctor watching me even if I’m asleep.” Jessica breaks the eye contact and sat up.

          “Well, Eunha won’t leave if no one’s watching you.” Taeyeon shrugged.

          “Speaking of which, I’m glad she left my side for once. She’s been working late as much as I am.” Jessica stated.

          “Yeah, she’s really worried.” Taeyeon’s voice became sad.

          “Is it getting worse?” Jessica asks being oblivious.

          “Yes, it could lead to a cancer.” Taeyeon nodded her head. Seeing no reaction from the CEO she sighs.

          “You knew?” Taeyeon asks, eyes full of worried.

          “Not really but kinda predicted it anyway.” Jessica sighs, Taeyeon furrows her brows.

          “Our Dad had the same disease, both of my parents died in an accident while my Dad was driving the car when his heart stop functioning. Maybe that was one of the reason my sister left. I just hope my sister didn’t get the same disease.” Jessica explained.

          “Why didn’t you go to the hospital earlier then?” Taeyeon sat back on the chair.

          “Well, if I did years ago it could still be untraceable and you wouldn’t be my Doctor, I have an amazing Doctor taking care of me now, not just one.” Jessica stated in her casual voice.

          “This is not a joke, if you we’re a step late when we discovered it would have gotten worse.” Taeyeon raise her voice a bit.

          “I’m sorry, I mean. At least I get to know amazing people like you and Doctor Hwang and I know you’ll never let me just- you know.” Jessica hesitate to say the word.

          “Of course, not on our watch. So we need you to be honest in every details we asks. If it hurts, tell me if you want to cry, then cry. Don’t bottled your emotions. It’s affecting your heart and so it affect your health.” Taeyeon was calm now.

          “How about you? Do you show everything you feel? Don’t you bottle some of your feelings?” Jessica mirrored her words.

          “Well.-“

          “Miss Jung” Eunha cuts in as she enters the room.

          “Did I interrupt something?” Eunha asks innocently, noticing the serious mood.

          “No. Nothing, I’ll be off then. Call me if there are some changes.” Taeyeon left the room as room as soon as she said those words.

          “Weird.” Eunha scratches her head.

          “I did ruin a mood, am I right?” Eunha asks, chuckling.

          “Never.” Jessica said with a smile, a little relief Eunha cuts them off. She was a little afraid of the answer Taeyeon may give, Taeyeon always says things that make sense.

 

A//N: Another update, yooohoo! lols! So, I decided to upload this one, I don't know where I'm getting at so I hope you had fun reading it. lol If there's any typo bear with me, I'm also busy writing a WenRene story but haven't thought of uploading it here yet, so just wait for me until I get back for this fanfic.

 >.< Stay safe and Bless you guys. :)